Why did they not discuss BOTS?

Lawman

After all these years, there's nothing to talk about when it comes to that man,

For every mistake there's a solution, the same for hacking.

It's down to the supervision team to detect who is and who isn't, the development of the game's security as well.

Anything that is free to play will always have its less pleasant sides, if the team is working hard, there won't be many.

44 minutes ago, FatHips said:

bots are not even remotely a problem on retail servers, currently.  I did not say they don't exist.  They always will with free2play.

i agree if you're referring to taking real hunting spots, the highest ones, which was always a problem in the past and now they don't bother us at 100+. 

bots don't bother to go 100+ for now because there is a lot more adena to be made at lower levels, much better than at 100 where you also need very solid gear to hunt, so not more profitable compared with low levels where you don't need gear at all. there is full of bots at zaken and freya spots, fairy, getting 4x free jewels -> powder from adventurer and other profitable quests they do.

classic on the other hand does not require to use l2 store to be able to afford +10 armor so you don't die in 1-2 hits at high level spots. as we remember from the past full party of bots in c-grade were able to hunt in varkas.

58 minutes ago, beleaua said:

i agree if you're referring to taking real hunting spots, the highest ones, which was always a problem in the past and now they don't bother us at 100+. 

bots don't bother to go 100+ for now because there is a lot more adena to be made at lower levels, much better than at 100 where you also need very solid gear to hunt, so not more profitable compared with low levels where you don't need gear at all. there is full of bots at zaken and freya spots, fairy, getting 4x free jewels -> powder from adventurer and other profitable quests they do.

classic on the other hand does not require to use l2 store to be able to afford +10 armor so you don't die in 1-2 hits at high level spots. as we remember from the past full party of bots in c-grade were able to hunt in varkas.

Try farm C grade on Varkas now! Try farm C grade in ToI ... 80 players die so easy to Varkas mobs...

They do not discuss bots, because banning people means less numbers in already limited population. They already showed they are against them by removing auto loop on macros.

I believe banning bots will keep normal players having a better time, thus spending more time on the game.

God thx they disabled the drops on death.....hopefully they wont let that happen on classic but well we will see how much bots will come. Sadly that this video is from 5.9.2018 and they dont do anything again them....just 1 gm could ban them but seems like there is not 1....

True enough.  I do as much of those things as I can.  But you know there will be lots of people who do buy from them.  And others who will use bot scripts to automate pvp.  Only NCWest is in a position to stop bots completely and, by electing to make Classic f2p instead of subscription, they made the task much more difficult.  I'm not even sure they are going to try, which is why I keep pressing the issue.

as far as it goes for classic, skelth did had some bots but the drop upón death chance was the best countermeasure ever... i dont really know what devs are thinking by letting free to play and removing this %drop chance... its like a invitation. for g sake

5 minutes ago, gorda said:

as far as it goes for classic, skelth did had some bots but the drop upón death chance was the best countermeasure ever... i dont really know what devs are thinking by letting free to play and removing this %drop chance... its like a invitation. for g sake

I agree. Juji says it’s because they are worried about players using it to grief other players. What they didn’t take into account was that players also use it to grief bots. I hope they reconsider. If players are playing live, which they will be now because there are no looping macros, I’m not too worrrid about groups of live players being trained. It’s a balancing act for sure, but the grief it causes to bots far outweighs the possible griefing of other live players. 

2 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

I agree. Juji says it’s because they are worried about players using it to grief other players. What they didn’t take into account was that players also use it to grief bots. I hope they reconsider. If players are playing live, which they will be now because there are no looping macros, I’m not too worrrid about groups of live players being trained. It’s a balancing act for sure, but the grief it causes to bots far outweighs the possible griefing of other live players. 

totally agree. and even it being a hell of a bleep move to drop ppl, it can be considered yet a part of the game. the 'chaotic' side of L2 is what makes us like this game in first place.

Technically, you are right about using drop on death to fight bots.  But I'll bet anything that most people who want it really just want the free stuff (and perhaps the thrill of preying on people) and don't really care whether they are preying on bots or other real people.  Several of the most vocal people on this forum even admit it.  I'm quite happy they've eliminated drop on death.  Frankly, if I had to choose between a server full of predators or a server full of bots, I'd choose the bots.  But we shouldn't have to choose.  Bots can be controlled in other ways.

4 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Technically, you are right about using drop on death to fight bots.  But I'll bet anything that most people who want it really just want the free stuff (and perhaps the thrill of preying on people) and don't really care whether they are preying on bots or other real people.  Several of the most vocal people on this forum even admit it.  I'm quite happy they've eliminated drop on death.  Frankly, if I had to choose between a server full of predators or a server full of bots, I'd choose the bots.  But we shouldn't have to choose.  Bots can be controlled in other ways.

I’d rather have the server of predator with no bots or scripting. At least it would be fair fight.

27 minutes ago, Mage said:

Does the exp loss on death delvl chars now?  If so that could be used as a bot fighter too..delvl to lvl 1.

but botters dont care about xp, u would even be helping by dlvling his spoil. they work on profit, if u drop some bot weapon he will ofc feel the loss. thus making less ppl botting cause of literally no profit. 
and by griefers, ppl who tend to prey on others usually are stronger and fewer. but as they do it and get known of doing it their clans/parties gets targeted and ppl rally together to fight them, this is lineage2. half of the stuff is politics and confrontations
we want a hardcore classic version or a soft? whts the point of making it classic if its going to be carebear as hell? well make giran "no drop" and talking island server with "death drop" after 2 months which server will have less bots? 

Archived