vote my idea for an ideal macro usage

Saruman

This is how a macro should work so nobody can abuse it:

a) For every 1 hour of usage, there should be a reuse time delay ...

this way u can still do things easyer than manual but also prohibits

macro abusers which own a spot for hours and hours.

b) When 1-2 hours of usage ends, macro loop should auto-disabled

and someone must be there to activate it again if he wants to continue with it .

c) None of the above - continue as it was.

ps: vote (a) my idea or (b) the community's improvement on my idea,

and added one more option respecting the opinion for players with

limited time (c) none of the above - continue as it was.

Let me make you clean another use of macro...

lets say me, i cant play hours per day, actually i cant SPENT hours per day doing manual faction, going for xp or farming raid bosses, or pvping. I have limited time. The past-use l2walker is replaced with macros. as possible is it can be. macros help ppl farm. if ppl farm, the server economy goes up. if ppl dont farm, the server economy goes down. now if ppl farm, they will buy things from the store and support promo events, just to be better farmers and more PRO at pvp (even if it doesn't exist). if not, no store promos cause ppl will leave, cause they will have no chance of playing and achieving things at a certain amount of time. so, in the end, no/limited macro = no players = no money for them, and no money for them = no fun for you!

NOTHING IS FOR FREE!!!

for your fun, ppl behind the screen are working! they need money. they have to get paid. ur server maintenance costs. everything costs!!! Dont forget, u r referring to a company!

Best regards to you and everyone!

its not bad idea macro loop stop wen 1 hr pass but reuse time thats not cool i use macro to buff for example what i use macro 1 time then wait 30 min to 1 hour? what about dances?

Im not happy whit the guys full macro afk, but 1 hr macro is not bad and then stop loop if u there u can loop again if u afk u lose thats a good idea

3 hours ago, Saruman said:

This is how a macro should work so nobody can abuse it:

For every 1 hour of usage, 30 minutes reuse time... this way u can still do

things easyer than manual but also prohibits macro abusers which own

a spot for hours and hours. When 1 hour of usage ends, macro loop

should auto-disabled and start 30 minute reuse time until next usage.

ps: if u like my idea please vote +

( please dont post your ideas here if you have any make new thread ).

I am not sure whether I fully understand your idea, but I think you should make the reuse time 25 minutes. I buff Melodies and Harmonies, then start the looped Sonata macro. After 25 minutes I buff Melodies again, which interrupts the Sonata loop, so I must start that again.

The question is, what about the looped trade shouts in town? Someone sets up his shop, goes to work, then comes home to find that he has sold nothing because his looped shout macro has stopped.

2 minutes ago, Yidao said:

I am not sure whether I fully understand your idea, but I think you should make the reuse time 25 minutes. I buff Melodies and Harmonies, then start the looped Sonata macro. After 25 minutes I buff Melodies again, which interrupts the Sonata loop, so I must start that again.

The question is, what about the looped trade shouts in town? Someone sets up his shop, goes to work, then comes home to find that he has sold nothing because his looped shout macro has stopped.

at this moment is almost imposible to read something on towns just becose macro loop, so macro loop for shouts must be blocked. If u has a shop in town just set the sell on your text selling box.

Hunt in some areas is imposible too becose macro AFK players just loop macro and leave for hours, so macro should be eternal loop u can just loop for 1 hr if u there u loop again if not there is a chance other player take the spot and i mean an active player.

Dont forget macro afk is forbbiden, loop on macros is just for help in game so u can take a small nap not to leave your toon in a place for ever, and that works for shops too. 

58 minutes ago, Yidao said:

like i said before in the other topic they should put a timer on the macro looping of mx 30min and everytime you re enable it this gets reset, that way it will be still great for daily usage, promoting actual active game play and avoids turning it into legalized afk bot mentality

Are you one of the powerlvl sellers and macro loop do dmg to your profit?Since the day macro  loop dont work i dont even wanna do daily instances.I was playing many hours and now in 5-6 days i played 6 hours.Soon you will play alone if macro loop dont come back .Have fun....

Thank you for improving my idea so most people agree that macro loop should

be stoped every 1 hour and if you are there u can start it again with out reuse time.

I must admit that its better this way...as far for the supporters of unlimited macro loop,

i understand them very much, not only for their limited time of playing but also this game

has impact in our health physicaly and mentaly, the problem is that there so many afkers

than spots to farm...

well, as i am one of the "afk macro looper botting crowd", @Draecke, i have to tell u that it is a game and it is supposed to be fun for EVERYONE. not some random active guys, like you, who have nothing else to do in their lives OR they get profit out of it (supposingly speaking). if u get offended of what im saying, drink a soda, cause its true and u know it. if macro loop ends permanently, L2 is dead. the L2 market is DEAD, everything will be dead. there will be no fun even for you that u stay hours and hours in front of ur PC and strike the F keys watching ur pixel do staff (the true meaning of l2 game).

and i can take it a bit further if u like, cause as it seems im the only one that understands the moves a company. did it ever cross ur mind that live servers aren't so "live" any more? and in the middle of that "crisis", macro get off (by mistake i wanna believe) and 3 classic servers Arise. so, no more money from the idea of taking L2 a bit further -but getting the more profit as we can- {company policy} and... hooray!!! NEW SERVERS and overcrowded!!! do u see the picture of it or do i have to explain even more?

in the end, for u, the macro is bad, cause u have already spent too many hours to do what u wanna do in this game. for others, for me as well, we raise our toons with almost "LEGAL" ways, cause yes afk isnt allowed, yet it exists. so we can all have the fun that the remainings of L2 has to offer.

So, with limited macro use, guess who is NOT gonna have fun anymore??? and im not talking for "RIGHT NOW", but after, days, months, years.

Cheers and good morning!

Have fun y'all!

Is a very good idea but the reuse time can be 5 or 10 mins .Now for people who say i dont have the time to play just dont play, in this game you need  to spend time .If you dont have the time  this dont gives you the right to take the spots 24/7 on farming ,so i who have the time cant find free spot to make my quest. NC soft have to  decide what they want  afk farmers 24/7 or real players.If the money is on afk farming np the others soon or later they quit.

17 hours ago, Draecke said:

like i said before in the other topic they should put a timer on the macro looping of mx 30min and everytime you re enable it this gets reset, that way it will be still great for daily usage, promoting actual active game play and avoids turning it into legalized afk bot mentality

While this is an idea I personally could subscribe to, what about those Buffers who have enchanted their Melodies and Harmonies for duration? I don't think that there are many out there who have gone to +20, but at that level the duration of the buff is extended from 30 to 60 minutes. If they have to restart their Sonata macro every 30 minutes, they might not have bothered with enchanting their Melodies at all. Forum rage and demands for refund incoming :P

About the trade shouts I myself have no problem - I personally don't use them anyway - and among the whiners there don't seem to be any other Dwarves either. So that would be ok.

Nevertheless I still think that the best solution with the least repercussions would be to set it up so that a /target or /targetnext in a command line automatically stops the macro. In this way people could still auto-buff Sonatas, Helv could run her assist macro and Straywolf could let his damage dealer go through his sequence of stabs or whatever, but the 24/7 afk macroers would be out. After all, they don't contribute anything to the game, literally playing with themselves. Their vanishing will barely be noticed :D

35 minutes ago, Yidao said:

Nevertheless I still think that the best solution with the least repercussions would be to set it up so that a /target or /targetnext in a command line automatically stops the macro. In this way people could still auto-buff Sonatas, Helv could run her assist macro and Straywolf could let his damage dealer go through his sequence of stabs or whatever

Well I don't use macro so personally, but...

36 minutes ago, Yidao said:

the 24/7 afk macroers would be out. After all, they don't contribute anything to the game, literally playing with themselves. Their vanishing will barely be noticed :D

... you have to see that most (all?) of those afk macros are used to achieve something like finishing faction, finishing some endless exalted grind, whatever. When they are done, they will play "normal", by hand.

So if you take away the afk-macro function, many players that do not want or cannot do the boring grind will simply quit, and that's for sure not what we all want :)

Today, with all the different factions and insane stupid quests, where you have to kill 1000 - 3000 - 6000 - 10 000 in reality sometimes you need to kill 20-30k mobs macro helps a lot!

Ofc there are those parasites, who put a full noob summoner macro party in a spot, where players can solo and you can pk them 24/7, they rez and start again. This is annoying!

As already @OmenOfSteel pointed out, most of the players use macro to support their questing, quest farming! Most of the players know in order to xp you need a strong party and go to high tier zones like SoS/Elven etc .. you can find Macro-Loopers in low/mid tier zones ( where wynns are annoying ).

You should already know, in future MACRO will get even more BOTlike , so some spots will be perma botted by noob wynns with 1 support and 1 healer - GL clearing a spot :D  

Daily quests had to be designed properly, not like now - kill 800 mobs, get faction pts and some close to useless box. We have different classes, so what you get from a quest had to be related to your class and lvl, not much needed to get a proper faction quest system.

Some instances are so hard for new players, they simply quit ( what is better to get a player enjoy the game or make him quit ??? ) That is why we lack tank/iss/heal, people simply can not keep up with the gear sometimes! If people get interested they will play better, gear better, tanks will be able to tank, healers heal, iss buff/debuff  and all will be played by hand! 

Fishing, seems it was nerfed, less powerful fish per catch now

SO MUCH MORE CAN BE DONE TO IMPROVE LIVE PARTY GAMEPLAY, BUT NO1 CARES :( such a pity 

I fully support the idea to automatically abort macro looping after certain time. Just stop the running loop, so the player has to reactivate it again. (bonus points for making the delay random) One could still enable endless looping with the help of mouse/kb software, but GL making it work with 3 windows.
Factions are easier now than ever. Defending macros through factions is silly.
A game is supposed to be fun for people, not for computers. F*** bots.

On ‎09‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 7:22 PM, SweetSacrifice said:

Old L2 never had macros or even macro loops.

I seriously hope this macro gets all fuked up and never comes back. This game its ment to be played by active players not bots.

Old L2 did not have idiotic quests where you need to kill 10 000 mobs ( you don't quest item from each mob, so you need to kill much more than 10 000)

Daily Faction quests, where you need to kill thousands of mobs again .. 

Also :D XP/Quest zones, specially designed for macro looping :D 

Macro loop is here to support your play and make it easy with quests, while you keep an eye on your chars. ATM because of the way macro works and ppl are allowed to have 3 clients per pc, some abuse it with their wynn macro bot pt's on good solo spots - rly annoying

The problem here is - in order for you to play with active good players, they need tons of gear so you can enjoy all the content - this costs a lot of real money :( 

For normal fun play, on good zones/spots you need live party

So welcome to the New L2 

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Old L2 did not have idiotic quests where you need to kill 10 000 mobs ( you don't quest item from each mob, so you need to kill much more than 10 000)

Daily Faction quests, where you need to kill thousands of mobs again .. 

Also :D XP/Quest zones, specially designed for macro looping :D 

Macro loop is here to support your play and make it easy with quests, while you keep an eye on your chars. ATM because of the way macro works and ppl are allowed to have 3 clients per pc, some abuse it with their wynn macro bot pt's on good solo spots - rly annoying

The problem here is - in order for you to play with active good players, they need tons of gear so you can enjoy all the content - this costs a lot of real money :( 

For normal fun play, on good zones/spots you need live party

So welcome to the New L2 

The problem is that with macro people go afk on instances and u need to have them afk at ur pts doing nothing. Sometimes there is no buffs sometimes no heals... where is the fun in that?

Every single game its supposed to be played while beeing active. I wonder why it even exists the option to sell/buy items in town instead of using only the AH. Its non sense to need to let ur pc 24/h on just to sell/buy stuff and also waste of electricity, and also the ammount of more chars and lag in towns that many people experience with that.

6 hours ago, SweetSacrifice said:

The problem is that with macro people go afk on instances and u need to have them afk at ur pts doing nothing. Sometimes there is no buffs sometimes no heals... where is the fun in that?

Every single game its supposed to be played while beeing active. I wonder why it even exists the option to sell/buy items in town instead of using only the AH. Its non sense to need to let ur pc 24/h on just to sell/buy stuff and also waste of electricity, and also the ammount of more chars and lag in towns that many people experience with that.

I have never had a player who was macro healing/buffing in pt while doing instance, missing buffs or not getting heal - never!

Having a shop and selling items is fun, also you do not pay TAX for what you sold! Other thing is people can mail you their offers, so you have a much better chance of making a fast good deal by communicating with other players.

About the electricity bills, because of 1 PC working 24/7, if it is a problem to pay it, seems something else is wrong, just my opinion! 

Archived