Jump to content
Forums

Paladin or DA?


Criss
 Share

Recommended Posts

I plan to play as tank, but I don't know which class I should go (Paladin or DA), I'm playing with two friends. My first thought was paladin, but I dunno how this class is in classic version. Can anyone more experienced than me help me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paladin is and always was a semi-healer tank which means that it can somewhat assist you with heals in times of great need .. Other than that, it was always heavily geared dependant to do some actual damage... On the other hand, DA is a fear bot ... Awesome damage dealing with the panther and heavily debuff dependant ... the first one is more of a defense class, the second is based on offense ... All in all, it still matters what you prefer to play ... A light tank(PA) or a dark tank(DA) ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, balkier said:

the top tank to beat in game is and always be the paladin

Thats absolutly not true

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Human   check here the skills

In this chronicle Paladin is actually the worst tank of the four.

The more tanky is Temple Knight.

The best for PVE / PVP is Dark Avenger, then Shillien Templar
The best for AOE PVE  is Temple Knight, but the others goes just fine.

 

Actually Paladin has the same tank skills that Dark Avenger and instead of the Phanter and some damage skills has heals, and long reuse time aoe short range root. 

Both has the same pdef, the same shield masteries and shield skills... 

If you want tanky go Temple knight. If want human tank go Dark Avenger. 
 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KentBeck said:

About DA...

is the panther's p.atk set by skill level or is it influenced by the weapon used?

Skill lvl, so you can have shit weapon and still be able to farm decently .Obviously is better to have a good weapon + panther attack. IT gets the buff the master has 

 

 

Here is an ok review of the Tank situation on l2 classic 
https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/656495/  ( this version is 2.0, but on 1.5 is the same)

Edited by Irlu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Decayed said:

Paladins get good at high levels.  They are a decent defensive PvE tank, with a little more balance over a TK (more str more con). But TK is still best pound for pound.

I love TK, I have one on live version, however I want to try a new class in Classic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Criss said:

what reason is that?

First, as tanks, paladins and Dark avenger have the same defensives skills. 

Then kicks the difference:

- Paladin:  have heals, one that use lot of mp and can heal himself and others, other heal that can use his hp.  Also has an aoe root that has long reuse time and short range.  has a self buff angelic archon that mm really dont make a difference.

- Dark Avenger: has a summon that hits pretty decent both in pve and pvp. Pve allows you to hunt decently regardless the weapon you have..

Has one of the best debuff in pvp, horror, a short reuse fear that lands a lot.  Has self reflective damage, it reflects any damage taken, both magical and physical.   For sustain itself on pve it has a drain corpse and also a drain energy spell, both decent to return health. 

 

DA is the strongest tank on classic. 

Edited by Irlu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, InVizO said:

Paladin is only the stronger tank when you hit level 80 and have a full 9 man group

LOL this version max lvl is 75 :D and your statement is why? the sacrifice shield buff skill he gets at 2.0 classic version?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Irlu said:

LOL this version max lvl is 75 :D and your statement is why? the sacrifice shield buff skill he gets at 2.0 classic version?

 

My statement still stands lol, no matter how you try and justify it, Paladin is ONLY better once it hits 80 for that OP party buff.  DA will do everything Paladin can do before then but better.  SK and TK are better than both human tanks for AOE pulls, and SK is the best PVE single-target dps style party tank becuz lightning strike will perma lock a mob in-place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 8:48 PM, Irlu said:

First, as tanks, paladins and Dark avenger have the same defensives skills. 

Then kicks the difference:

- Paladin:  have heals, one that use lot of mp and can heal himself and others, other heal that can use his hp. 

 

 

Paladins have Sacrifice which as before spends HP instead of Mana and transfers an amount of HP on that target.

Perviously pally's sacrifice worked something like you spend 500 hp and you heal 400. When you went 3rd class you could overenchant the skill and spend 500 to heal 600 which makes it posible so you can heal yourself up to full hp if you had at least how much you spent for the first heal.

 

As far as I can see in l2wiki for classic l2, right now the sacrifice heals by default more than you spend in Hp directly from the lower levels and goes to something like spend 900 heal 1400 in the 3rd class levels.

 

So NO, you dont use mana for your heals, alltough there is a crappy heal called divine blessing which does that but probably no pally ever spent mana on that :))

 

But overall, yeah I think palladin-ing  will be quite rough in this chronicle and rather not so good for pvp.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2018 at 2:32 PM, Cheroky said:

If paly is in good hand, he is one tough nut to crack. DA's panther gets one shotted in pvp 

Yeah he is one tough nut to crack that hit's like a wet noodle. Unless you really enjoy that theme of Holy Knight paladin isn't something anyone would recommend to another player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2018 at 7:28 AM, tkadi21 said:

 

 

Paladins have Sacrifice which as before spends HP instead of Mana and transfers an amount of HP on that target.

Perviously pally's sacrifice worked something like you spend 500 hp and you heal 400. When you went 3rd class you could overenchant the skill and spend 500 to heal 600 which makes it posible so you can heal yourself up to full hp if you had at least how much you spent for the first heal.

 

As far as I can see in l2wiki for classic l2, right now the sacrifice heals by default more than you spend in Hp directly from the lower levels and goes to something like spend 900 heal 1400 in the 3rd class levels.

 

So NO, you dont use mana for your heals, alltough there is a crappy heal called divine blessing which does that but probably no pally ever spent mana on that :))

 

But overall, yeah I think palladin-ing  will be quite rough in this chronicle and rather not so good for pvp.

 

you say the samething.....
Besides   sacrifice on yourself is not what it use to be. It has a 5 sec cooldown and heals you very little. is not like you can spam it like it was before when cooldown was affected by attack speed..... so it will takes you a lot to restore all your HP XD.....
So if you want to heal yourself  or other without using your HP u use divine blessing..
Well Paladin dont have any tool worth mention.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, Cheroky said:

If paly is in good hand, he is one tough nut to crack. DA's panther gets one shotted in pvp 

Da is a paladin with a panther.... so on your words it is also one tough nut to crack.... whats your point? 
Besides DA has harmstring and Horror, Horror is one of the best debuff pvp/oly...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...