Mass ban is a new event?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Saintly said:

Oh my!
How dare they ban botters that are part of your CP?!

Have they lost their minds at NC?
I mean whats next? Banning adena sellers that are in a  clan?!

Maybe they just shared accounts, it's kind of a grey area - CPs have been sharing accounts since always because it's necessary to function properly - e.g. if tank in the AoE mage-based CP is offline then one of the DDs logs him, otherwise the CP wouldn't have much to do. It's kinda stupid to ban for this behaviour.

They sure have tweaked something and I got my fresh account locked

Got a dark elf mystic thru the last beginner quest before class change and then just dced and it was locked. Was leveling a new dwarf on my main acc at the same time and no problems there even if I was rotating the characters and sitting around on both

I wonder if it's because of killing prowlers as that's what bots do for sweetest venom, but this was after they nerfed adena on that and I didn't even bother with picking up that quest. Prowlers were just for the beginner quest and much easier as I couldn't 2 shot venomous spiders

22 minutes ago, Lightkeeper said:

Maybe they just shared accounts, it's kind of a grey area - CPs have been sharing accounts since always because it's necessary to function properly - e.g. if tank in the AoE mage-based CP is offline then one of the DDs logs him, otherwise the CP wouldn't have much to do. It's kinda stupid to ban for this behaviour.

@Lightkeeper in our CP each one takes care of your account, there is no password sharing between the characters

15 minutes ago, RenatoMitagy said:

@Lightkeeper in our CP each one takes care of your account, there is no password sharing between the characters

Yes there is lol. Every top CP including Fishfood and the rest of them share accounts as they play in shifts 24/7. 

Just now, RenatoMitagy said:

The coolest of all is that the ADMs dont give any support in the forum ..

And, what's also cool is that they only have like 2 people answering the support tickets, who probably work for 8 hours a day minus the breaks, coffee, toilet, youtube etc. So ye, last time I waited for 6 days, god knows what's gonna be this time. 

If i get banned by mistake i will bleeping go to play EU server and pay to play this is SHIT SERVICE NCWEST!!!

PD: I guess everyone knows that is impossible to get rid of bots without making a new game? at this year of the game you should know, also would be more expensive to develop effective bot detection than making another game. Be realistic cant defeat BOTS

First i was like "ha finally ncsoft banning botters and these botters cryin gon forums" But now i found out that one of the guys i play with has his fresh created box (he rerolled) banned. I know he is not botting as nobody of us is so i guess some sh1t really went wrong.

1 hour ago, Lightkeeper said:

Sharing accounts has never been a grey area. Sharing accounts has always been a bannable offense. Having your account logged in from vastly different IPs seems to pop up flags these days though. The behaviour is banned because it can create massive head aches for the companies support staff. Directly via personal fall outs of the players resulting in stolen items and such. More people knowing the password/username means more chances that account will be compromised. There's a whole list of reasons why companies discourage or outright ban account sharing.

Also consider also that we've got a lot of Europeans playing and people using battleping and other VPNs.

Then there are the bot users and RMTers...

Today was the first day in some time that I didn't get a captcha on one of my characters while leveling.

2 minutes ago, MikeLitoris said:

First i was like "ha finally ncsoft banning botters and these botters cryin gon forums" But now i found out that one of the guys i play with has his fresh created box (he rerolled) banned. I know he is not botting as nobody of us is so i guess some sh1t really went wrong.

They thought they were smart by implementing the stupid Xincode into the game, but it just got 1000 times worse. What would be more effective is if Juji or someone else logged into game for 1 hour every day and just went through the popular areas banning REAL bots, instead of using the crappy system they have now where an enemy clan can just report your afk buffer for no reason (like it happened to us). 

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

Sharing accounts has never been a grey area. Sharing accounts has always been a bannable offense. Having your account logged in from vastly different IPs seems to pop up flags these days though. The behaviour is banned because it can create massive head aches for the companies support staff. Directly via personal fall outs of the players resulting in stolen items and such. More people knowing the password/username means more chances that account will be compromised. There's a whole list of reasons why companies discourage our outright ban account sharing.

Also consider also that we've got a lot of Europeans playing and people using battleping and other VPNs.

Then there are the bot users and RMTers…

Well, then literally every lvl 60+ character in the game should be banned. As they are all using shared accounts to lvl them up. In shifts. 

1 hour ago, Krissa said:

Are you sure about that?

That's not how I would design an anti-RMT system.

I wouldn't design it like that  either but I don't think they have any anti-RMT system. Just  scripts from NCSoft to search for adena exchange (trail) or something similar.

7 minutes ago, ZAG said:

Well, then literally every lvl 60+ character in the game should be banned. As they are all using shared accounts to lvl them up. In shifts. 

Some of them are and some of them are complaining here about it.

In real life all or nothing isn't how most things work. In the real world you're forced to prioritize as resources are not infinite. Policing would be the most obvious example. Lots of people speed and lots get away with it but not always.Sometimes a speeder is pulled over and busted with a pound of contraband. What I'm saying is they most likely don't prioritize looking for people who are sharing accounts but if they happen upon it while investigating something else they might choose to act.

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

Some of them are and some of them are complaining here about it.

In real life all or nothing isn't how most things work. In the real world you're forced to prioritize as resources are not infinite. Policing would be the most obvious example. Lots of people speed and lots get away with it but not always.

Bot users or RMT won't come here to complain. They'll just create a new acc, lvl it to 20 and continue botting. They don't even bother going any higher as the adena rate is pretty much similar at lvl 20-25 and 40+ in solo areas. 

2 minutes ago, ZAG said:

Bot users or RMT won't come here to complain. They'll just create a new acc, lvl it to 20 and continue botting. They don't even bother going any higher as the adena rate is pretty much similar at lvl 20-25 and 40+ in solo areas. 

They certainly are. I've seen them do it across every online game I've played. Sometimes they get outed in hilarious ways.

You guys need to be clear on the terminology used against your accounts.

There is a big difference between locked and banned.  If you were banned you are most likely never getting unbanned.  If you were locked due to suspicious activity, you will likely get the lock removed once support responds to your email.

Being locked due to suspicious activity likely has nothing to do with in-game actions.  I have had accounts and I know of others who have had accounts locked before ever setting foot in-game.  Creating multiple accounts at once, using less popular email services, and even payment issues have been reasons given to many for accounts being locked.

NC definitely has a problem with their auto-ban software it seems.  It's going really whacky.

The other day I referenced a guy who had 4 accounts locked for no reason.

After a few emails (no replies) two are unlocked, two are locked.  No explanation or information whatsoever.

Who knows whats going on.

I've heard of accounts that got locked, unlocked, then relocked.

The software is going nuts.

13 minutes ago, b0nk3rs said:

You guys need to be clear on the terminology used against your accounts.

There is a big difference between locked and banned.  If you were banned you are most likely never getting unbanned.  If you were locked due to suspicious activity, you will likely get the lock removed once support responds to your email.

Being locked due to suspicious activity likely has nothing to do with in-game actions.  I have had accounts and I know of others who have had accounts locked before ever setting foot in-game.  Creating multiple accounts at once, using less popular email services, and even payment issues have been reasons given to many for accounts being locked.

Its the same error as far as I know.  How could they know?

my wife has had 2 out of 4 accounts locked due to suspicious activity , we responded and sent them an email, 3 days later they responded and said the use of 3rd party programs result in penalty of account closure, they did not provide any proof, my wife is innocent she has L2 on 2 monitors, she did not get any captcha just the clients closed and then unable to log in, so suspicious activity has thiings to do with ingame actions we are the proof

@b0nk3rs

Archived