Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

Right!

Two of my friends quit the game this week, because they can't get their skill books.

Myself i'v been trying to get deathwhisper for over 3 weeks now, constantly chocked out of farm by nukers and bot trains that want to sell for profit.

Playing a dagger and SE, this buff is basicly my Empower, My Might.. and honestly i'm considering giving this game a rest now aswell.

Am i crying? Meh, i wanted to like the game again... But honestly did i want a slower version of the old l2 game, back with bugs and flawed game mechanics.

Adena and droprates made for no life koreans. I already dedicated an rediculous amount of hours to attempting to get this bleeping spellbook, i got a job and a wife.. I'm not doing this anymore, this ain't l2 :) l2 never pushed you down, it rewarded effort, and punished mistakes.. this is just punishing.

 

Put up the seven signs Spellbook vendor, or raise the SB drop rate to vanilla l2. Giving everyone on the server free access to spellbooks won't hurt, it will only make the people that bought adena to afford the inflated spellbooks feel bitter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sure bro, its the same for me, neither cant farm adena for buy it, the game have a lots of players but not for game quality, is only because is oficial and classic (a Little of nostalgic)

if was only for gameplay, i think the servers would be empty, a lot of Friends quite too, i am near 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mixa said:

Books are supposed to be hard at this point. It might take up to a month farm to get given book or just buy it.

Also if having work and wife etc, L2 is not the game for you, choose something more casual.

This is l2 casual thou, nothing about it is hardcore... It's just watered out and chocked in on points they want you  to get stuck on.

Books where hard to get, but not this hard. This is making server progress unbalances and favors mage groups in the higher tiers.

 

THIS IS CASUAL L2, XP Scrolls, Daily events that gives Top Cg and 1.1m SP + Enchants.  Grinding not needed, fighting over spots not needed.

All you need to do is the dailys and enough accounts and you solid.

That's casual l2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Micke said:

This is l2 casual thou, nothing about it is hardcore... It's just watered out and chocked in on points they want you  to get stuck on.

Books where hard to get, but not this hard. This is making server progress unbalances and favors mage groups in the higher tiers.

 

THIS IS CASUAL L2, XP Scrolls, Daily events that gives Top Cg and 1.1m SP + Enchants.  Grinding not needed, fighting over spots not needed.

All you need to do is the dailys and enough accounts and you solid.

That's casual l2.

Compared to most games out there, L2 is anything but casual.

Also, at some point around lv 55 it gets very grindy, which is again anything but casual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Micke said:

This is l2 casual thou, nothing about it is hardcore... It's just watered out and chocked in on points they want you  to get stuck on.

Books where hard to get, but not this hard. This is making server progress unbalances and favors mage groups in the higher tiers.

 

THIS IS CASUAL L2, XP Scrolls, Daily events that gives Top Cg and 1.1m SP + Enchants.  Grinding not needed, fighting over spots not needed.

All you need to do is the dailys and enough accounts and you solid.

That's casual l2.

Yeah its pretty carebear. Noob friendly though. Ive met a ton of people new to L2 on this server. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mixa said:

Books are supposed to be hard at this point. It might take up to a month farm to get given book or just buy it.

Also if having work and wife etc, L2 is not the game for you, choose something more casual.

I dont understand all these people that have hard ons for the spellbook drop rate. Why are you so excited about sitting in the same spot for days or weeks on end until you cant even hit the mobs anymore because you have outleveled the zone just to get a spellbook? Its a bleeping item that lets you use skills that are essential to your class being useful.

When you have to spend the same amount of time (theoretically based upon drop rate percentages) hunting for an item just to be able to use skills that are built into your class than you do hunting for a weapon that is just plain stupid. I could understand having to struggle for scrolls for the 80+ skills in other chronicles but damn people are just trying to get their core skills for their classes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kul said:

I dont understand all these people that have hard ons for the spellbook drop rate. Why are you so excited about sitting in the same spot for days or weeks on end until you cant even hit the mobs anymore because you have outleveled the zone just to get a spellbook? Its a bleeping item that lets you use skills that are essential to your class being useful.

When you have to spend the same amount of time (theoretically based upon drop rate percentages) hunting for an item just to be able to use skills that are built into your class than you do hunting for a weapon that is just plain stupid. I could understand having to struggle for scrolls for the 80+ skills in other chronicles but damn people are just trying to get their core skills for their classes.

I'm not saying that this is any good, but merely stating the fact that it was hard to get back then and they made it hard now. That's the logic behind it.Also the idea behind it is to give sense of achievement when you finally get it. This is a hardcore grind mmo, don't forget that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well changing SB drop rate right now would be unfair in therms of ppl and groups that bought one.

My group was farming DW for almost a week, no luck, so we just gathered the adena (instead of buying new gear) and bought one. 

We ended with D wepons at 45 lev, moon armor and 0 adena starting from begining but having in mind that's one-time purchase.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well remember thats just one book from many needed.

Just sold one top D wep from event + gathered adena from 6 ppl, remeber im talking about ADEN so price is lower for sure (arround 4kk at least it was).

And we r just few ppls playing few hours/day, nothing top.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. I was farmin my first spellbook like 7 days, didnt drop so I bought it. Now I am farming for "SB: clarity" for more than 20hours and didnt drop yet, I give it like 50hours which is 14 days to me and if it wont drop, I will buy it again.

You need like 3 spellbooks since 40 till 70, whats the problem? Max lvl is 70, ppl are already 60+with TOP C gr (max is B gr). Its totaly okay, what do you want guys? Have full lvl and top equip in a few weeks? Come on, this game is for years.

Scrolls, events and so on made it already so easy, that u almost dont need clan to reach high lvl, which is bad to me. This is not single player, if you came here to play solo with your buffpet, ofc its harder for you, this game is meant to play in groups/clans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This version of classic (with these extraordinarily low rates) is supposed to make you stay in mid levels very long. Otherwise, if it was easy, everyone would reach lvl 70 very fast. And it would be another pr1vate server which opens and closes as soon as its players have achieved everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Micke said:

Right!

Two of my friends quit the game this week, because they can't get their skill books.

Myself i'v been trying to get deathwhisper for over 3 weeks now, constantly chocked out of farm by nukers and bot trains that want to sell for profit.

Playing a dagger and SE, this buff is basicly my Empower, My Might.. and honestly i'm considering giving this game a rest now aswell.

Am i crying? Meh, i wanted to like the game again... But honestly did i want a slower version of the old l2 game, back with bugs and flawed game mechanics.

Adena and droprates made for no life koreans. I already dedicated an rediculous amount of hours to attempting to get this bleeping spellbook, i got a job and a wife.. I'm not doing this anymore, this ain't l2 :) l2 never pushed you down, it rewarded effort, and punished mistakes.. this is just punishing.

 

Put up the seven signs Spellbook vendor, or raise the SB drop rate to vanilla l2. Giving everyone on the server free access to spellbooks won't hurt, it will only make the people that bought adena to afford the inflated spellbooks feel bitter.

Go make same decision like ur friends , we have less que.

 

Ahahahah , korean no life yes it is , dont like it ? dont play simple like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tzeo said:

This version of classic (with these extraordinarily low rates) is supposed to make you stay in mid levels very long. Otherwise, if it was easy, everyone would reach lvl 70 very fast. And it would be another pr1vate server which opens and closes as soon as its players have achieved everything.

Lineage 2 was never about achieving everything, you never did. And i doubt anyone ever really did top out his char. And being top decked out on a illegal server, fighting over raid bosses and doing sieges was great fun. I never left a illegal server due to achieving everything. 

L2 is one of the few games where you actually enjoy the content and pvp more when you are endgame.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems mostly people from illegals with rates 10x+ are crying that the cant achieve everything in the beginning :D typical , next time check streams, check previews what classic is about, I am almost one week on ivory and DW not yet, but I dont open topic and cry

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, villen said:

Time to just level a bunch of characters from 1-40 until I get bored of L2. Maybe by the time I die of exhaustion I'll have enough adena to afford one spellbook.

lol, basically 3 weeks ago when Halloween event started, I saw others selling top D weapon, I created 6 accounts with lvl 20 chars, each online 4 hours per day, no doing anything else. For almost 3 weeks, I got 100 gifts and open them and got 3 top D weapon; easy money:P

btw: the better way for spell books is the daily dimensional quest. You might be awarded with spellbook box which may contain DW.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coop said:

lol, basically 3 weeks ago when Halloween event started, I saw others selling top D weapon, I created 6 accounts with lvl 20 chars, each online 4 hours per day, no doing anything else. For almost 3 weeks, I got 100 gifts and open them and got 3 top D weapon; easy money:P

btw: the better way for spell books is the daily dimensional quest. You might be awarded with spellbook box which may contain DW.

Congrats on your RNG luck - I have 3 VIP accounts and a free to play opening boxes every day without any luck of the sort lol (not complaining, I've never had luck literally in any L2 event ever where I got the good prizes so it doesn't bother me much anymore).

 

In regards to Spellbooks, they were hard to get, but like 1-5% chance to drop back in the day. They were also spread out a bit more. My main is a spoiler, with my 2 buffers trailing behind me. The only reason I could complete the Orc Clas change quest in Ivorry Crater was because one of the farmers was nice enough to chill and let me get last hit, most things were nuked before my fat little dwarf can move two feet towards them.

An item to give a skill should not have same drop rates as full gear drops... that was never the case in old L2 days, and I get classic isnt the same as back then... but come on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...