PK Festival - 85 to 105 zones

Hi,

As the title mentioned, there is since Wednesday a huge PK festival on the Naia server in the zones 85 - 105 (Altar, Bloody Swampland, War-Torn, Blazing Swamp).

I did a mail to your support about that, but it seems that they do nothing against it.

Following players have been PKing on purpose players multiple times: ****

I started a new character on Wednesday after the server reboot, since then I got PKed 16 times! For the places listed above. This 1 hour DC system is encouraging people to actively kill people on purpose. I tried to PM one of them to stop killing me multiple time I went back to spot after they killed me and there they come and kill me again!

So NC says "this is allowed", no it is not due to your own rules. It is an abusing step and harassment for repeated killing and not playing in good faith.

I wish NC would do something about this for real instead of encouraging players to kill for fun other players that try to start the game.

I hope that my suggestions help your developers to make "creative ideas" for the PK system.

To encourage creative ideas for the PK system:

• Every player between level 1 - 103 can receive an anti-PK buff for 24 hours which protects them from being PKed. (By that time, you have exalted 1/2 quest at least done to protect yourself).
  • PKing someone, no problem put a restriction. 1 PK per player: means if you PK someone, you can´t kill him for the next 24 hours! Protect the player from abusing system.
  • PKing the same person again within 24 hours. Decrease damage done to players by 90% for 1 hour.
  • PKing more than 3 person within 20 minutes decrease damage done to players by 90% for 1 hour.
  • PK points system:
    • 1-10 PK: 0% stats (p.atk/m.atk) reduced and apply rule above with 20 minutes.
    • 10-30 PK: 20% stats (p.atk/m.atk) reduced and apply rule above with 20 minutes.
    • 30-50 PK: 50% stats (p.atk/m.atk) reduced and apply rule above with 20 minutes.
    • > 50 PK: 1 damage to any person (someone who runs with that many PK is abusing the system or can buy PK scrolls and make him pay).
  • PK beneficial system:
    • 1-10 PK: 10% damage increase versus monsters while in PK state, exp increase by 10%, dekarma 1000 points per monster, receive Adena reduced by 50%.
    • 10-30 PK: 20% damage increase versus monsters while in PK state, exp increase by 20%, dekarma 500 points per monster, receive Adena reduced by 60%.
    • 30-50 PK: 30% damage increase versus monsters while in PK state, exp increase by 30%, dekarma 250 points per monster, receive Adena reduced by 70%.
    • 50-200PK: 50% damage increase versus monsters while in PK state, exp increase by 50%, dekarma 125 points per monster, receive Adena reduced by 80%.
    • >200PK: 100% damage increase versus monsters while in PK state, exp increase by 100%, dekarma 50 points per monster, receive Adena reduced by 90%.
  • If a player that you PKed gets disconnected, you benefit from random reward:
    • 1-10 players disconnected: 1m Adena and Karma removed from killing those players. (PK points system applied)
    • 10-30 players disconnected: 5m Adena and Karma removed from killing those players. (PK points system applied)
    • 30-50 players disconnected: 10m Adena, random R99 armor at 1% chance and Karma removed from killing those players. (PK points system applied)
    • 50-100 players disconnected: 15m Adena, random R99 weapon at 1% chance and Karma removed from killing those players. (PK points system applied)
    • > 100 players disconnected: 50m Adena, random R110 armor or weapon at 1% chance and Karma removed from killing those players. (PK points system applied)
    • For every 10th player that got disconnected: you are rewarded by a PK scroll.
    • Reward can be received daily at the NPC in Fantasy Island.
  • Bounty-Hunting PK:
    • Every PK is shown in a separate map in-game.
    • Killing a PK with 1-10 PK points: 10m Adena as reward from PK inventory and 1% exp loss from death, the PK cannot be res and will be teleported to PK zone.
    • Killing a PK with 10-30 PK points: 50m Adena as reward from PK inventory and 10% exp loss from death, the PK cannot be res and will be teleported to PK zone.
    • Killing a PK with 30-50 PK points: 100m Adena as reward from PK inventory and 20% exp loss from death, the PK cannot be res and will be teleported to PK zone.
    • Killing a PK with 50-100 PK points: deletes a random weapon, armor or accessory from PK inventory and 50% exp loss from death, the PK cannot be res and will be teleported to PK zone.
    • Killing a PK with > 100 PK points: player gets suspended and blocked for 24 hours. Repeatedly suspension and blocks from PK will ban the account.
    • If the PK cannot provide the necessary Adena after being killed, a random item, weapon, armor or accessory will be deleted instead at 10% rate.
  • New PK Zone:
    • A PK that died will be res at Fantasy Island.
    • A PK in Fantasy Island will benefit from Common Buffs for free during 1 hour.
    • A PK is stuck at Fantasy Island for at least 10 minutes and can teleport outside after 10 minutes. When leaving Fantasy Island as a PK, he will be teleported to Windy Hill (Orc Barracks).
    • Fantasy Island will propose monsters from lvl 85 - 110 that can only be killed while in PK state.
    • There is no damage reduction applied against players in Fantasy Island.
    • Killing another PK in Fantasy Island will decrease your PK points by 5 points.
    • Being killed by another PK in Fantasy Island will decrease your PK points by 5 points.
    • PK don´t lose exp from being killed by another PK in Fantasy Island.
    • Players can do Bounty-Hunting in Fantasy Island or in free zone.
    • A player that dies from a PK in Fantasy Island lose the same amount of XP than from a monster. A player can be res by another player in Fantasy Island in order to restore the loss of exp.
  • Hall of Fame PK:
    • Introduce a PK points ranking.
    • All PK will be listed with a Bounty-Hunting mechanism within the Hall of Fame.
    • Killing a PK listed in the Hall of Fame PK reward you randomly from 1m - 100m Adena, depending his PK points ranking. You can benefit a maximum of 100m Adena per day from killing a PK within the Hall of Fame. A maximum of 1b Adena can be reward by month.
    • Killing a PK in Fantasy Island rewards you randomly following items: Brilliant Freya Rose (1-4), Honey Dark Beer (1-4), Glowing Dragon Attribute Potion (1-4).
    • Killing a legendary PK (lvl 107+ player) in the Hall of Fame in Fantasy Island rewards you a random R99/R110 armor, R99/weapon, talisman, radiant circlet, jewelry at 0.1% chance.
    • PK points ranking are decrease by 20% for each kill. After 5 kills the PK will be removed from Hall of Fame PK for 1 week.
    • Players can vote to suspend or block a player within the Hall of Fame PK.
      • At least 250 players must approve within one month to suspend or block a player within the Hall of Fame PK.
    • The Hall of Fame PK will be updated after every maintenance.
  • Damage done by Dragon Weapons or Zariche/Akamanah:
    • Maximum damage done to players: If a player is being killed by one of the above weapons, the maximum damage is the HP+CP from a player. (Thank you Zariche for the 2.6m damage done, but these numbers just decourage players).
    • The first owner of a new dropped Zariche/Akamanah will be rewarded 100m Adena maximum cap is 200m Adena per week.
    • The last owner of the Zariche/Akamanah at the end of the day will be rewarded 1b Adena and maximum cap is 1b per week.
    • Killing the owner of the Zariche/Akamanah rewards all players on server with a 200% XP boost during 20 minutes. Killing Zariche and Akamanah within a 5 minutes interval rewards all players on server with a 500% XP boost during 30 minutes. This effect can occur twice per day only. Additional XP boost potions can be applied.

Conduct Breaches and Outcomes

In-game Infractions

• Inappropriate in-game behavior, such as obscene, offensive, or racist talk or behavior; abuse of another player; harassment; etc.
  • Engaging in PvP match manipulation, disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abuse

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/lineage-2/conduct-breaches-and-outcomes

Lineage II Rules of Conduct

• While playing Lineage II, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/lineage-2/lineage-2-rules-of-conduct

Forums Code of Conduct

• The best way for us to improve the experience for everyone on the forums, and in the game, is for us all to be able to reach mutual understanding. That doesn’t mean we’ll always agree, and it doesn’t mean we’ll always achieve a compromise, but it does mean that we have a better chance of understanding what everyone wants from the game and why.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/lineage-2/forums-code-of-conduct

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys this is no longer funny
I don’t understand what the problem is and why does everyone raise the PK theme, if PK is part of the game?

I was killed yesterday in PK by this same MOLE 3 times
I teleport to the city, buffed, back and killed this PK - got a green nickname

I got a lot of pleasure and fun from the rivalry against the PK. So why are you CRYING and WEEP ?

Edited by Arthur
  • Like 1

There are days when I get PKed more than 50 times and I kid you not, I started counting. This most often happened at blazing swamp when I was lvling my mentee, but I often get Pked in other places as well, for example when someone wants to take over my spot.

Thank you NC Soft  for ruining the PK system which worked well for so many years. Not only PK does not result in anything negative for the PKer, but also they can remove the red color in a few seconds by killing one or 2 mobs, so even when you attack them, you get automatically flagged... and killed again, this time supposedly via pvp.

Pk system is unique and always have been . They should reward somehow for pking somebody though . Or make pvp areas like swamp of screams etc . All high xp / adena lvl areas should be pvp zones with extra rewards to attract high gear and lvl players . As it is now The only reason to pk somebody is over spot or personal reasons . Removing or giving penalty upon pk game just loosing the little pvp left . @Juji   pvp on servers is dying . For it not to disappear   you need to implement new system and force players to pvp Or soon will be literally no point playing the game . Killing monsters can be fun but not on a long term and pve is not a reason for players to  start this game as this game have been promoted as a open world pvp game were you have to fight to gain . and We know the bloody swords is just a pick up business for the few picking them up as it is ridiculous easy to brake the chest AND NO POINT GETTING THE CHEST 10 min before the end of event  . The rewards on extra adena has never been given and this sayes smthing .Not sure why you dont act . Game need to be fixed and looks like you do nothing to make it better !

Edited by KKKm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur said:

Guys this is no longer funny
I don’t understand what the problem is and why does everyone raise the PK theme, if PK is part of the game?

I was killed yesterday in PK by this same MOLE 3 times
I teleport to the city, buffed, back and killed this PK - got a green nickname

I got a lot of pleasure and fun from the rivalry against the PK. So why are you CRYING and WEEP ?

sometimes i just write their name in a macro and when im not doing anything i go hunting :D

• Like 1

I stopped playing when ertheia update came, my clan never had any less than 3 wars active and i was just using a kelbin bow and went hunting all day for war, when i came back early this year a guy pked me in BS, i came back and couldn´t kill him (he was even afk :p), that gave me the incentive to lvl up and gear up, and now when someone pks me i ress, buff and come back a couple of times to pk back, is fun and makes you wanna advance in the gameplay, L2 is a pvp game, go play Wow if u dont want pvp, Less QQ more PewPew, this is the kind of ppl who wants everything handled in a silver plate... Go pvp is the only and best way to know your character, me and a friend who also recently came back went to oly and were amazed by the ppl with shiny armor and weapons who noobed skills and we are below average geared

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lAeolos said:

I stopped playing when ertheia update came, my clan never had any less than 3 wars active and i was just using a kelbin bow and went hunting all day for war, when i came back early this year a guy pked me in BS, i came back and couldn´t kill him (he was even afk :p), that gave me the incentive to lvl up and gear up, and now when someone pks me i ress, buff and come back a couple of times to pk back, is fun and makes you wanna advance in the gameplay, L2 is a pvp game, go play Wow if u dont want pvp, Less QQ more PewPew, this is the kind of ppl who wants everything handled in a silver plate... Go pvp is the only and best way to know your character, me and a friend who also recently came back went to oly and were amazed by the ppl with shiny armor and weapons who noobed skills and we are below average geared

1. It's not pvp when you get one-shot

2. You can't advance in-game to stand against such people - you'd have to spend thousands of dollars.

Anyway, I've been around since C3 and I'm not a hello kitty kind of player, I always go back when PKed and try to take my revenge, but it's mostly by annoying the PKers with my presence as they can't go afk when I keep coming back (that's why I get PKed a lot). But while they are not afk, I can't even scratch them for most of the time. I do not consider it fun and I'd prefer to spend my time in a different way.

With the old system even if you were weak, strong players would hunt the Pker hoping to get some nice loot and therefore brought some balance to the gameplay. Now nobody cares and the harassment escalates to the point that the game is no longer fun. 

To conclude, this new PK system with no penalty is an abomination.

• Like 1

If people have enough time to write such lengthy posts, could they please also take the time to read the forums... 

e.g. https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/18267-live-server-maintenance-wednesday-may-13-2020/?do=findComment&comment=123792

We will have some new PK system changes coming in the next few weeks! :ph34r:

Let's see what those changes are before complaining more

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, b0uff0s said:

make pkers drop stuff like the old days, even exalted stuff, no other way to get drops in the game anyway

Lets see who has the guts to go red. i;m up for some hunting like old times

no1 care your cry Snowmaiden, you think gms so bad and give you profit job back? they never add pk drop back, who have gust? really that you strategy? more like who have bad macro and you can make him to drop gear,

20 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

no1 care your cry Snowmaiden, you think gms so bad and give you profit job back? they never add pk drop back, who have gust? really that you strategy? more like who have bad macro and you can make him to drop gear,

There's a simple fix to that: Don't leave your toon on macro while afk.

Edited by ProDigY

21 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

maybe a good idea  would be not to type in forums when drunk or high friend. What the hell are you ranting about? Maybe decipher this when sober 

2 hours ago, Overthelord said:

To all the ppl saying "stop crying and fight", if you get 1 or 2 shot by someone way higher lvl you simply have no way.

Indeed. The level difference damage penalty is the worst thing NCsoft could've done to ruin PvP in this game. Also, enabling customers to buy victories with a credit card instead of relying on gaming skills didn't help either.

Edited by ProDigY