why this guy quit l2

iCeHot

Who is this guy? 8 grand on a yul and he hitting for 10k dmg? 

If he played 6 months, Dude is missing artifacts for sure, and a proper cloak since he quit at Christmas event. 

Edit: guy dropped 10k and then says it's too expensive? Sounds like he needs some addiction counseling. Going into debt for a game is poor life choices. 

6 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

If he played 6 months, Dude is missing artifacts for sure, and a proper cloak since he quit at Christmas event. 

Edit: guy dropped 10k and then says it's too expensive? Sounds like he needs some addiction counseling. Going into debt for a game is poor life choices. 

Check the video, he's talking about hitting other players in PvP for 10k after spending 8k dollars , not mobs. He's quitting because what it would take to hit PvPers for 1m is going to cost him wayyy more than he's willing to spend and a dedication that he's decided isn't worth it. Thats the thing about this game, if you come into it wanting to be top in PvP you can kick that "free to play" concept out the window. I'm a PvE person that does PvP in castle sieges and only randomly when my clan is warred for whatever reason. I've, over the time that i've played this game, spent a sizable amount. Been here 17yrs and i'm sure if i ever looked into it i'd cry at the amount i've spent...so i never will lol. But, that being said i'm a total one shot even on a lvl114 evis with gear that 3yrs ago would have made me a God. Today it doesn't even remotely compare. You go from Lindivors to God jewels, lv4 emerald to Greater emeralds, lvl10 cloak to lvl18 cloak etc etc. To start this game and stay in this game DO NOT decide right off the bat that you're going to be a PvP God unless you have unlimited funds. Dont think that when people tell you that they got to were they are by playing the "market" that they are in anyway telling you the truth. You have to "Pay the cost, to be the boss" in this game. Now a few have...did questionable things to aquire a large amount of wealth, but believe me when i say that those peeps are very very few. Listen to what i say "YOU HAVE TO PAY THE COST TO BE THE BOSS". "This Guy" is choosing to get the hell out of this game before it cost him more in RL than any game should. But he has no one to blame, and he pretty much admits it, except himself. If you choose PvP thats all well and good, just know that if you want to be up there with the big kids...open up your wallet. 

33 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

so you gonna pass the matter of spending 8k+ on a game like it's a normal thing? or that he is the one needing counseling coz he is like a unique case? you got a pretty good idea what ppl spend here on their addiction. This person was just the 1st (as far as i know) to actually articulate it in a vid.

• Like 1

At some level everyone pays to win. If not, the game would have shut down 10 years ago. If not they wouldn't allow people to trade any of the items purchased in the L2Store to other players. If not the prices for things in game wouldn't be 100x more than they have a right to cost.

Same old crap, just a different update.

14 hours ago, Ganealf said:

Check the video, he's talking about hitting other players in PvP for 10k after spending 8k dollars , not mobs. He's quitting because what it would take to hit PvPers for 1m is going to cost him wayyy more than he's willing to spend and a dedication that he's decided isn't worth it. Thats the thing about this game, if you come into it wanting to be top in PvP you can kick that "free to play" concept out the window. I'm a PvE person that does PvP in castle sieges and only randomly when my clan is warred for whatever reason. I've, over the time that i've played this game, spent a sizable amount. Been here 17yrs and i'm sure if i ever looked into it i'd cry at the amount i've spent...so i never will lol. But, that being said i'm a total one shot even on a lvl114 evis with gear that 3yrs ago would have made me a God. Today it doesn't even remotely compare. You go from Lindivors to God jewels, lv4 emerald to Greater emeralds, lvl10 cloak to lvl18 cloak etc etc. To start this game and stay in this game DO NOT decide right off the bat that you're going to be a PvP God unless you have unlimited funds. Dont think that when people tell you that they got to were they are by playing the "market" that they are in anyway telling you the truth. You have to "Pay the cost, to be the boss" in this game. Now a few have...did questionable things to aquire a large amount of wealth, but believe me when i say that those peeps are very very few. Listen to what i say "YOU HAVE TO PAY THE COST TO BE THE BOSS". "This Guy" is choosing to get the hell out of this game before it cost him more in RL than any game should. But he has no one to blame, and he pretty much admits it, except himself. If you choose PvP thats all well and good, just know that if you want to be up there with the big kids...open up your wallet. 

If you gave me a fresh account with a lvl 1 yul and 8 grand of ncoin loaded and 6 months, I would hit ppl harder than he is claiming. 

The guy claims to be in a top cp, the clan he references isn't top nor is his cp. He complains about cost, but clearly has no clue about the game mechanics and didn't even bother to look at past events or educate himself. He's a fool with his money, and he publicly showed everyone that. 

What I would do:

1 grand on artifact event

1 grand on cloak event

3 grand on la vie

1 grand on agathion

1 grand wep/armor

1 grand vitality/xp

If he did that, he wouldn't be hitting people for nothing while wasting a ton of money.

Before you claim rmt, I'd get adena by seeing ncoin event items on events I don't need. Otherwise I'd buy the event items to make stuff.  Learn to market. 

14 hours ago, b0uff0s said:

so you gonna pass the matter of spending 8k+ on a game like it's a normal thing? or that he is the one needing counseling coz he is like a unique case? you got a pretty good idea what ppl spend here on their addiction. This person was just the 1st (as far as i know) to actually articulate it in a vid.

All p2w games have extreme cost curves if you want to be top 100 of a server. Top 50? Even more. Top 10? Even more. 

This guy's 8 grand in 6 months was poorly spent. I also think he's full of it on half of what he says. He's full of himself and comes off like it in his videos. All he does is talk about himself and how much he spends. 

13 hours ago, mixa said:

A pay2win clown, that got beaten by the system that he abused himself.

That's like shooting yourself in the foot, more than once.

+1

Well said like always

22 hours ago, Bethra said:

You missed the point evidently

Yes Bethra they are still missing the point. They are focused on what they feel is lies or something. and not getting the point of what it "cost" to try to keep up in this game. And even after spending 8k in a short amount of time he's still a 1 shot. It doesn't matter if he didn't "QUOTE"

What I would do:

1 grand on cloak event

3 grand on la vie

1 grand on agathion

1 grand wep/armor

1 grand vitality/xp

What matters is the amount he spent and the fact that he had to spend it and still needed to do more. FreeToPay is obviously a thing now, and he's FreeToSay the reasons why he's choosing to move on. Don't get why anyone would think he's lieing about something like this. But, i also don't really get why i continue to play. Must be the joy of the people that i hang with i'm guessing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganealf said:

Yes Bethra they are still missing the point. They are focused on what they feel is lies or something. and not getting the point of what it "cost" to try to keep up in this game. And even after spending 8k in a short amount of time he's still a 1 shot. It doesn't matter if he didn't "QUOTE"

What I would do:

1 grand on cloak event

3 grand on la vie

1 grand on agathion

1 grand wep/armor

1 grand vitality/xp

What matters is the amount he spent and the fact that he had to spend it and still needed to do more. FreeToPay is obviously a thing now, and he's FreeToSay the reasons why he's choosing to move on. Don't get why anyone would think he's lieing about something like this. But, i also don't really get why i continue to play. Must be the joy of the people that i hang with i'm guessing. 

Free to play gets the free 2 play experience.

If you want a p2w experience, u p2w

They literally just added a means to get a ton of recently p2w only items in game. You guys need to look into how to farm PI to upgrade stuff now.

Also, p2w players keep the servers online for you f2p players.

But by all means, keep posting negativity and hate towards people with money who spend it on a game because they can. That tupe of jealousy won't get you very far in life. 

Edit: also, nothing changes the fact the guy blew his 8-10 grand in the most idiotic way possible. If he truly went into credit card debt for L2 while planning a wedding, I just feel bad for him. He's starved for attention, and I don't believe 90% of what he says in his videos. 

8 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

If you gave me a fresh account with a lvl 1 yul and 8 grand of ncoin loaded and 6 months, I would hit ppl harder than he is claiming. 

The guy claims to be in a top cp, the clan he references isn't top nor is his cp. He complains about cost, but clearly has no clue about the game mechanics and didn't even bother to look at past events or educate himself. He's a fool with his money, and he publicly showed everyone that. 

What I would do:

1 grand on cloak event

3 grand on la vie

1 grand on agathion

1 grand wep/armor

1 grand vitality/xp

If he did that, he wouldn't be hitting people for nothing while wasting a ton of money.

Before you claim rmt, I'd get adena by seeing ncoin event items on events I don't need. Otherwise I'd buy the event items to make stuff.  Learn to market. 

All p2w games have extreme cost curves if you want to be top 100 of a server. Top 50? Even more. Top 10? Even more. 

This guy's 8 grand in 6 months was poorly spent. I also think he's full of it on half of what he says. He's full of himself and comes off like it in his videos. All he does is talk about himself and how much he spends. 

+1

Well said like always

Not sure what server your on, but that gear you listed will in no way be hitting top players for anywhere near what he's talking.   And how will you survive the 30 seconds of invincibility followed by the damage reduced to 666 damage.  8 grand is nothing

2 minutes ago, Degus said:

Not sure what server your on, but that gear you listed will in no way be hitting top players for anywhere near what he's talking.   And how will you survive the 30 seconds of invincibility followed by the damage reduced to 666 damage.  8 grand is nothing

8 grand spent poorly is nothing. The guy played 6 months which didn't have 3 of the 4 main gear events. 

An I'm on naia, our market far more expensive than chronos. 

Also, what you're saying just isn't true. 8k won't 1 shot top 10-20 ppl who have stage 2 dw and God jewels, but it will kill the other 99% of players. This guy expected his 8k to mean the same as 30k and 15 years of playing. He should have been smart with spending. 

1 grand on artifact event = all balance +10 and all fighters +7

1-2 grand on cloak event means a +15 top top elmore

1 grand on wep/armor = +8 dark r110 and a +15 limited bow

I know u aren't this daft of a player. Come on. The dude is a fool with his money. 

dude, you just listed 2 events where you can drop a grand on each and end up with nothing.   No one cares about the other 99% of the players, he wasnt getting hit for 20 mill by them.   What are forgotten skills, 1 grand ea?

29 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

But by all means, keep posting negativity and hate towards people with money who spend it on a game because they can. That tupe of jealousy won't get you very far in life. 

I do not and will never "hate" people who invest  in the game. Sorry you see it that way. FYI I have gone further in life and in this game community then you ever will. It's toxic innuendos like yours's that make this game a garbage mound.

Edited by Bethra
double type

6 minutes ago, Degus said:

dude, you just listed 2 events where you can drop a grand on each and end up with nothing.   No one cares about the other 99% of the players, he wasnt getting hit for 20 mill by them.   What are forgotten skills, 1 grand ea?

I just took a forgotten from 1 to 30 and yes, it's about a grand, +/- 100 bucks. But hey, forgotten ch 1 books are also now obtainable in game. 

6 minutes ago, Bethra said:

I do not and will never "hate" people who invest  in the game. Sorry you see it that way. FYI I have gone further in life and in this game community then you ever will. It's toxic innuendos like yours's that make this game a garbage mound.

You talk about no hate and me having toxic induendos while throwing out a personal attack. Oxy moron much? 

My history in this game speaks for itself. I don't need to boast about what I spend or have done for people to respect me. 

10 hours ago, Bethra said:

Your History? I must have missed that memo but that's ok I think I will live.

Bethra why do some people still think calling someone "random" is a put down? Pretty much a 12yr olds statement but hey to each his own. 

11 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

You talk about no hate and me having toxic induendos while throwing out a personal attack. Oxy moron much? 

My history in this game speaks for itself. I don't need to boast about what I spend or have done for people to respect me. 

You really do seem pretty Toxic. Not sure why, but it is what it is. "My History" would have meaning..if anyone actually cared. They don't.

TBH it wasn't so much the amount of money you spent but the fact you would leave real life events and such to be in game. Money is money if you got it spend it. If this is your hobby (which we spend money on so be it) but if you find game > real life then there is an issue. I'm glad you worked it out. Life is too short. Be well and I will be looking for future videos of yours.

i have been around since prelude in and out and i have been through pretty much every major chaanges the game had during all these years...the F2P model we have now sure is very far away from what L2 came from...of course the shops and items you get from it are game changing, but its everyones choice to use it or not...i personnaly drawn a line to where i feel my experience is satisfying and that im having fun with who im playing with.

i feel bad for that guy but to each is own when it gets to this game...but i totally feel him...its sometimes hard to strike a balance between a game that requires some dedication to be competetive and other irl activity you can have.