Would You Rather: The 5% Thought Experiment

I'm bored. (This game really needs interesting quest content.) Might as well go AFK macro and pick everyone's brains in a game of "Would you rather?"

Would you rather...?

1. Receive 5% more XP/SP/Adena per mob

- Or -

2. Kill each mob 5% faster

... all other variables being equal?

I like this question

so on one hand lets say u have ruby , r cat opal 5 (if i mis dmg output jewl lmk) equal 

20%+12%+12% on the other hand vital 5 50 50% so it about right there is a balance :))

in this case the poor vital 5 compesates all all mentioned jewls ? For sure vital > red cat ;)) only cuz of ratio 50% xp than 12 % dmg

5% damage over 5% xp always as damage in crease also means more xp whereas xp increase doesn't means more damage

also by being able to kill faster u also can farm stuff like adena faster or pvp/oly etc.

the 5% xp option is really the least interesting one of the two

5 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

I'm bored. (This game really needs interesting quest content.) Might as well go AFK macro and pick everyone's brains in a game of "Would you rather?"

Would you rather...?

1. Receive 5% more XP/SP/Adena per mob

- Or -

2. Kill each mob 5% faster

... all other variables being equal?

Kill 5% faster. 

On 6/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, Mitzza said:

Why you ask?

No reason, really. Like I said, I was bored.

But I do like hearing everyone's reasoning and thought process. It's also interesting to see what their perspective is based on their assumptions relative to their understanding of game logic/mechanics.

2 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

No reason, really. Like I said, I was bored.

But I do like hearing everyone's reasoning and thought process. It's also interesting to see what their perspective is based on their assumptions relative to their understanding of game logic/mechanics.

Well I always go for + dmg, because being a light armor I try to kill faster so I will not get killed  by the mobs, some times 5% helps you  from dieing , kill  before you get killed expecially with the increasing of mob dmg.

And also depends of what amount of adena you make, if you farm small  amount of adena %5 more does not matter, same for exp 5% does not matter, 5% sp useless, so +5 % faster kill  is better. 

Also I try to gear  up more thean I try to make lvl , and 5% adena will not help  you gear up , but 5% faster  kill will make you stronger. 

It depends and what you have,  ore  how many mobs you kill, if you kill 5 mob per hour % 5 useless if you kill 5000 mobs pe hour  5 % is somthing, same for p.atak / adena  if you make 5 B / day - 5%  matter. 

So when you build  your character the base gear matter, weapons and armor because there's a lot of items that give stats in % p.atak/ critical/def so when you get 5% p.atak is useless if you p.atak is small.

But you need all  of them ,good  weapon and itmes that give 5% if you have only one of them, then yes it doesn't  not make a big difference.