Lineage II - August Preview

Neutron

• L2 Team

Hello everyone,

Here’s a look into what's happening for the month of August.

Salvation: Etina’s Fate

• Today we announced that the next major update for Lineage II is coming August 22!
  • Salvation: Etina’s Fate will call seasoned adventurers to the ultimate battle against the Head of the Embryo, Etis van Etina, as well as provide additional new content and quality-of-life updates.

Security Update

•  The security update mentioned in our July Preview is scheduled to be activated later this month.

In-Game Event

• We’d like to run another in-game event beginning in late August and are working with the development team to determine what event it’ll be.
  • Stay tuned!

Player Appreciation Pack

• To coincide with the launch of Etina’s Fate we’re going to be releasing a free appreciation pack of useful items for all players to claim.

Thank You!

3 hours ago, Neutron said:

Hello everyone,

• Today we announced that the next major update for Lineage II is coming August 22!
  • Salvation: Etina’s Fate will call seasoned adventurers to the ultimate battle against the Head of the Embryo, Etis van Etina, as well as provide additional new content and quality-of-life updates.

nice 1 :)
Can we enter to test server? i feel this question, every1 want to ask.

To add insult to injury here at least give us quests to upgrade our gear to meet End Game content without grinding for years.. Take a play book out of your AION buddies and do something right you guys hold the keys to success or failure. seems like you have failed your Game Clients way to many times. 

10 hours ago, Neutron said:

Security Update

•  The security update mentioned in our July Preview is scheduled to be activated later this month.

Great news, we all hope this will help out and balance the game just by a little bit :) 

In-Game Event We’d like to run another in-game event beginning in late August and are working with the development team to determine what event it’ll be.Stay tuned!

Player Appreciation Pack To coincide with the launch of Etina’s Fate we’re going to be releasing a free appreciation pack of useful items for all players to claim.

Please run some XP boost event, most of us players need to get at least to 105 in the near future, the one at the weekends was rly good, with such server settings - xp runes are rly great! 

Please, be swift with the patch notes! Last update we got the proper info few days after the update was up and running, not the right way to do that! 

Cheers! 

8 hours ago, Gwang said:

Please install the anti-bot tool fast because already can see many bots everywhere. :(

Thanks for keep improving Lineage 2.

What makes people so sure it will work? There is no client side anti cheat tool that isn't cracked yet. Aion NCWest also installed a new anti cheat tool this year and it took people one day to crack it and see bots again.

13 hours ago, Neutron said:

Hello everyone,

Security Update

In-Game Event

• We’d like to run another in-game event beginning in late August and are working with the development team to determine what event it’ll be.
  • Stay tuned!

Player Appreciation Pack

• To coincide with the launch of Etina’s Fate we’re going to be releasing a free appreciation pack of useful items for all players to claim.

Thank You!

helloo new items coins hero??

10 hours ago, WinterFresh said:

Sooo..the XP table has changed? but no mention about gear? can we use lvl 85 gear at lvl 106? it seems that gear is a major issue MR or MISS GM or NCHARD...to get gear up in this game. This game is so backwards for most players.

Gear...LOL....so those of us who came back that played at the beginning did so to PvP. So, if you were a duped client (raises my own hand) and bought event items when returning to the game in order to raise adena to purchase PvP gear - you eventually found out this was futile given game imbalances and NCWest's stance that they will never attempt to reduce player gap with their dumb-azz weaps they put into the game. Now somewhere (whether or not it is actually true - but with the non-servicing of clients by NCWest about : why play, game imbalance cure, player gap elimination plan) I read briefly that the new 110 gear requires 'blessed 99 gear + whatever' and not 'dark' or 'light'. So as I sit on the sidelines atm, I get the new SURPRISE that the gear purchased has been white-elephanted, or yet another example of wasted money for something that has to be broken down and experience yet another adena loss. 

Not only is the game "so backwards for most players".....you do literally end up being placed going backwards without your own doing by poorly implemented changes and NO ANSWERS as to FIXING CURRENT PROBLEMS in the game. Who again is this update for without simple answers again. LMAO

46 minutes ago, HiccUps said:

Gear...LOL....so those of us who came back that played at the beginning did so to PvP. So, if you were a duped client (raises my own hand) and bought event items when returning to the game in order to raise adena to purchase PvP gear - you eventually found out this was futile given game imbalances and NCWest's stance that they will never attempt to reduce player gap with their dumb-azz weaps they put into the game. Now somewhere (whether or not it is actually true - but with the non-servicing of clients by NCWest about : why play, game imbalance cure, player gap elimination plan) I read briefly that the new 110 gear requires 'blessed 99 gear + whatever' and not 'dark' or 'light'. So as I sit on the sidelines atm, I get the new SURPRISE that the gear purchased has been white-elephanted, or yet another example of wasted money for something that has to be broken down and experience yet another adena loss.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings, there are basically three ways to obtain lvl 110 equipment:

1. Full drops from Antharas, Valakas and Fafurion. Since those three dragons are now lvl 118, this is easier said than done.

2. Maestro Crafting from recipes and key materials which supposedly drop at Fafurion's Temple, a party hunting ground with aggressive lvl 111~115 monsters who randomly summon additional Elite Monsters when their HP gets below a certain threshold.  As you can see in Aram's video, he barely makes a dent in those gentlemen with his lvl 105 Ghost Hunter and +15 Bloody Dual Dagger. So again, easier said than done.

3. Upgrading from R99 equipment with Guardian Crystals resp. Combat Spirit Crystals (what you have in mind). This system is in place in Korea since a year or two, but it has been removed for the export version. Irlumir thinks that we won't get this re-installed:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2334-r110-grade-new-gear-on-korea-server/?tab=comments#comment-17411
He could well be right.

The only realistic way to R110 that I can see is our Dragon Weapon friends mass-slaughtering the poor creatures at Fafurion's Temple and throwing recipes and key mats on the market, which, with current drop rates, won't happen overnight. In other words, your R99 equipment will keep its value for quite some time to come :)

@Yidao your joking right?

Raid bosses and dragons use to 1hr min to kill, which set the market for value.. nothing has changed...

Ohh wait it has, it only take less then 20mins to kill a dragon.. and the quickest party ive ever been in, only took 5 mins to kill.. and most of the required people to get in, boxes...

People solo raids in minutes, so how does equipment cost even remain near the same?

All these new areas and raids, easy pickings for the peeps that already do the exsiting ones...

19 minutes ago, ZooArcher said:

@Yidao your joking right?

Raid bosses and dragons use to 1hr min to kill, which set the market for value.. nothing has changed...

Ohh wait it has, it only take less then 20mins to kill a dragon.. and the quickest party ive ever been in, only took 5 mins to kill.. and most of the required people to get in, boxes...

People solo raids in minutes, so how does equipment cost even remain near the same?

All these new areas and raids, easy pickings for the peeps that already do the exsiting ones...

You could be right. On the other hand, a lvl 118 dragon won't be such an easy pushover, and for entry into the raid area even the boxes must be at least lvl 105. For all three dragons you need at least 49 characters in the Command Channel:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=635765

Here is the situation on Sieghardt, the most populated and best equipped server in Korea:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/gameinfo/raid/index?searchType=1&serverId=50&beginLevel=118&endLevel=118
As you can see, Antharas and Valakas were last killed on July 21 resp. 22, i.e. before the update on July 30, when they were still lvl 104. And Fafurion is still completely untouched.

Of course, over time this will change :P

So after thought, the 65% reduction is really only to level boxes.. the gms surely know and have seen how dragons are farmed... 

Lets not even mention what time the dragons and raid bosses spawn after resets, they come up.. early morning when most NA players are at work... wtf is that about? 

7 minutes ago, ZooArcher said:

Add in 65% reduction in xp needed to get to 105... 

Wont be long at all, we will see mass macro pts with 1 top gear player per party power lvling boxes.. prolly already has started.. gg.

Well, for powerleveling boxes NCsoft has indeed created a perfect space - the Atelia Factory:
https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/658217/

In this video you can see how it is sub-divided into clearly separated rooms, no interference, one room for each party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17HVHyDatvI

Even better than the old Catacombs :D

Thats what im saying, where did they come up with the new number to enter.. based on current dragon farm?

Ofcourse what am I thinking, our gms arent loggin into the server.. they to busy to get actual data and player experience because they spread to thin covering all ncsoft games... 

Mah bad.. 

++ Also miss the days of gms that actually played a live character..

I would venture a real bet, that no GM plays this game.. solely because of no wanting to give any of thier hard earned money back to ncsoft.. really tells you the true state of the game.

@ZooArcher, mate the old glorious days of l2 are over, you need to get over it like many of us did at some point in the distant past! 

The situation today is - you either enjoy,have fun somehow and distance yourself from being good in pvp/pve, look for a proper clan for yourself, OR YOU better quit! 

Every player now understands it, if you feel any frustration, I can advice you to look for something else to play! 

Sad, but it is reality now! Gap between players is huge, same as in ( Real ) Life :) 

Still I hope you can find a sweet spot and enjoy playing with friends B|

Just looked at that page, so the NA SERVER outnumbers all other servers and we still get updates last, poor service, and event scams... 

Im going to take a screen shot of the page every weekend now, and start posting them.. 

Its not like my support tickets ask for special treatment, cause they dont.. 

Its not that i want end game stuff now and nothing to work for.. hell ive only recently gotten endgame stuff i was working towards when awakening came out...

I just want my money to actually improve my character, not a chance to... leave the "chance" to ingame farmable, huntable items, enchantable items...

you guys complaining to almost everything 24/7, why don't you just play the game and have fun!

you want to be on top for pvp/pve without spending any money on (ncoins/events). HOW?? PLZ LET ME KNOW IF U KNOW HOW!!!!!!!!

it's not 2004/2008 anymore things changed, this's a company they won't give you top items for free!!  (WAKE UP)

no one force you to spend your money on (ncoins/events) to build  your toon, but you have to forget to be on top that's how things work here.

To NC/GMs, do events monthly for top items.

@argus.. I have found a spot im happy to play in... 

Just thought the events worked better..should work better.. 

Say 75 scrolls should = +10 cloak minimum.. 150scrolls for +15.. all risk after to whatever after..that is character improvement for real money.. 

7500 scrolls farmed via mobs for the same, is time put in if you have it.. but alas, that wasnt an option...

Only option here is some items only availible via ncoin during events, once or twice a year.. basically extortion for character improvement.

Its the reality of a greedy company that would introduce an event, say they fixed it based on the complaints of players in the last one... which i wasnt around for.. then screw the mass of people over again... with what, a few cloaks that worked?? 

Do the player base math, a few people get on here and say its all good worked for me and they think we will care to spend more to try.. 

Im glad it worked for a few, even if they were low luc chars.. didnt for me.. 

I dont pay to praise ncsoft, they earn it.. and obviously im full of negative reviews thus far since returning to the game this year...

Top items??

Define top items??

To me a current top item is an event item that comes around once a year, maybe twice with a less of a chance to aquire then myself trying to get a OP weapon enchanted. Which i also dont have.

So i set that aside, and try real money... welp, same shiz different day...only just not time wasted playing the game, now IRL money wasted... yup, thats how i picture my hourly wage... hours at my job right into the toilet, thanks ncsoft...

I will surely work more hours for you, not... 

I will be on the forums, because i can be.. until i have no need to be here.. and thats when you resolve my tickets to a satisfactory level of pleasing me.. yup, if you want more of my money.. i want you to do whats right... it cost you nothing to fix the 1s and 0s ... it cost me money i could of used on anything you can imagine, hope, or dreamed about.. i used it to improve my character, an after all said and done.. to have nothing from it??? 

Enjoy my posts, i have the time.. my time..i spend it how i choose... and currently not choosing to look forward to budgeting a few bucks to throw at you.. i know a place to get more satisfaction for a dollar... 

Archived