Live Server Maintenance: February 1, 2023

Wissp

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, Feb. 1 at 4 a.m. PT / 6 a.m. CT / 7 a.m. ET / 12 p.m. UTC +1 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes. Please note that maintenance is longer than usual this week due to some backend updates that are occurring. We appreciate your patience!

The following changes will be made to the game during this maintenance:

• The Love Strongboxes Promotion will begin for 4 weeks!
  • The Cablena Doll Event will end next week!
    • All event related items will be removed on Feb. 8.
  • The Dragon Slayer Promotion related items and exchanges will be removed on Feb. 8!
  • Haha 10

19 minutes ago, Wissp said:

this should be entertaining...

LOL

130ish bucks for a 5% click at a single dragon claw.  We need 50/60/120 claws to upgrade a single weapon.  get a bleeping clue.

loot boxes now contain stage 1 god jewels instead of stage 3

glad to see you listened to nothing we said @Wissp @Hermes

2 months and counting...

• Like 2

@Wissp
By promotion, does NCsoft mean they are promoting people NOT to spend money? These Rates/costs are HORRIBLE.

To make a Stage2 weapon Stage 3 = 120 claws. 
5% chance to make a claw.
1x 5% try is 10,800 ncoin
you should succeed 1:20 tries so that's 216,000 ncoin per claw by the 5% success rate or about $2,700 per claw
If you want to make all 120 that would be $324,000 AND IT'S NOT GUARANTEED COULD COST MORE!!!

you all must be crazy!! you didn't listen to anything the community said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tone Deaf is RIGHT!, I have had enough of this company and the lack of Game knowledge, L@@K at your LOVE box list, last year you offered lv3 god jewels, this event level 1?, who will spend 10800 nc coins to have a 5% chance to get a dragon claw!!!!. YES laugh, I know the staff is laughing at all these forum posts from players that still spend money on this game, but soon people will realize what crap these promotions are and quit. I bet NC didn't do to well on last promotion!!!

34 minutes ago, Rotten said:

@Wissp
By promotion, does NCsoft mean they are promoting people NOT to spend money? These Rates/costs are HORRIBLE.

To make a Stage2 weapon Stage 3 = 120 claws. 
5% chance to make a claw.
1x 5% try is 10,800 ncoin
you should succeed 1:20 tries so that's 216,000 ncoin per claw by the 5% success rate or about $2,700 per claw
If you want to make all 120 that would be $324,000 AND IT'S NOT GUARANTEED COULD COST MORE!!!

you all must be crazy!! you didn't listen to anything the community said.

You can't make this comparison. That 216,000 ncoin nets you 1 claw and 300 opened boxes. Saying it costs $2,700 per claw is misleading because you're not including the value of the items from those boxes. 

I'm not saying that this event isn't bad but it's very hard to judge a box event because we don't know the rates of the items in the boxes. However, considering the dragon claws cost 3x a sayha 9 through cookies though, that does tell you that the rates are out of wack.

Just now, Joebob said:

You can't make this comparison. That 216,000 ncoin nets you 1 claw and 300 opened boxes. Saying it costs $2,700 per claw is misleading because you're not including the value of the items from those boxes. 

I'm not saying that this event isn't bad but it's very hard to judge a box event because we don't know the rates of the items in the boxes. However, considering the dragon claws cost 3x a sayha 9 through cookies though, that does tell you that the rates are out of wack.

you will get boosts out of the boxes.. that's about it, it has been this way for years.
last event where they actually dropped lv3 jewels.. ncsoft did an IMMEDIATE emergency maint to nerf the drops
you rarely saw one after that maintenance..
so realistically i stand behind what i wrote

6 minutes ago, Joebob said:

Pleaseeeeee Pleaseeeeee PLeaseeeeee spend $2,700 and tell us what you get

Wow, what an improved promotion - sarcasm off.

Another L2Store sale i will not spend a single NCoin. GJ, your loss NCW.

PS: Still lf a reply how you plan to compensate the fraud of Gran Kain Scrolls getting deleted now.

Either give every player a +7 Circlet for x amount of Gran Kain Circlet Scrolls or boost the enchant rates + provide a way to get regular scrolls to enchant or give us some to exchange the Gran Kain scrolls for.

11 minutes ago, Rotten said:

you will get boosts out of the boxes.. that's about it, it has been this way for years.
last event where they actually dropped lv3 jewels.. ncsoft did an IMMEDIATE emergency maint to nerf the drops
you rarely saw one after that maintenance..
so realistically i stand behind what i wrote

You don't base the value of boxes on of the 0.000000000000001% chance items. You base them on everything you get. Sure, you get a lot of consumables, but you also get other stuff. Saying you only get consumables is a major exaggeration and is not helpful to the discussion. It's basically impossible to know the box value when we don't know the rates. I'm not saying the event is good but we can't say the event is bad without knowing the rates. Buying loot boxes is truly a gamble. What we should be complaining about is their inability to value items. Why is the dragon claws cost 3x the sayha 9 cost? That makes no sense.

• Haha 1

If anything the loot box haul during this event is probably better than other loot box events because there are two rare items in there that won't be super low rates: gran kain heavenly/epic scrolls and cloak +16 to 18 scrolls. The latter will be rare but no where near as rare as god lv3 jewels. Both of these will sell for a lot.

21 minutes ago, Joebob said:

You don't base the value of boxes on of the 0.000000000000001% chance items. You base them on everything you get. Sure, you get a lot of consumables, but you also get other stuff. Saying you only get consumables is a major exaggeration and is not helpful to the discussion. It's basically impossible to know the box value when we don't know the rates. I'm not saying the event is good but we can't say the event is bad without knowing the rates. Buying loot boxes is truly a gamble. What we should be complaining about is their inability to value items. Why is the dragon claws cost 3x the sayha 9 cost? That makes no sense.

were talking a quarter million dollars to get an item that 1 year ago cost someone 5-10 grand to make.

there is not a single good item in those boxes.  stage 1 god jewels. non super fire agath.  consumables.  Jamoa scrolls.   What big pull item will recoup the spend of a quarter million dollars to make that stage 3 potentially?

i very much disagree on this front.  the contents of this loot box are a joke.  the craft rates are a joke.  the prices are a joke.  the company who put this crap out is a joke.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Wissp said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, Feb. 1 at 4 a.m. PT / 6 a.m. CT / 7 a.m. ET / 12 p.m. UTC +1 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes. Please note that maintenance is longer than usual this week due to some backend updates that are occurring. We appreciate your patience!

• The Dragon Slayer Promotion related items and exchanges will be removed on Feb. 8!

Thank you for the 5% success rate. 😂

35 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

were talking a quarter million dollars to get an item that 1 year ago cost someone 5-10 grand to make.

there is not a single good item in those boxes.  stage 1 god jewels. non super fire agath.  consumables.  Jamoa scrolls.   What big pull item will recoup the spend of a quarter million dollars to make that stage 3 potentially?

i very much disagree on this front.  the contents of this loot box are a joke.  the craft rates are a joke.  the prices are a joke.  the company who put this crap out is a joke.

Even if they made the craft 100% for a claw, its still $16,200 to make a stage3.  As you said that's 3x-4x more than it cost to do a year ago in slayer event. 

Ncsoft is gonna have to lay off more ppl nobody gonna spend the much.

And this again is why pvp and everything else is dead, nobody can gear up, HUGE NCfail.

2 hours ago, Wissp said:

Don't listen to the naysayers. This is an amazing event. I was thinking of buying a new house, but as it turns out I 'm better off spending that money on a chance to upgrade a level 2 dragon weapon to level 3.

Keep on trucking guys,  all is good.

• Haha 6

If you look this event up in Korea..  its was 1 coin per cookie.  I could go for that..  150 Nc Coins per 5% chance for a claw..  it would a money maker with how bad that rate actually is..  slot machine, kaching, kaching..  but NC West doesnt think that way.. we are all Elon Musk to them..

27 minutes ago, ArrowDumpster said:

If you look this event up in Korea..  its was 1 coin per cookie.  I could go for that..  150 Nc Coins per 5% chance for a claw..  it would a money maker with how bad that rate actually is..  slot machine, kaching, kaching..  but NC West doesnt think that way.. we are all Elon Musk to them..

Still don't get it do you, if they did that then the whales who RMT this stuff for 10's of thousands would have their equity crushed.

38 minutes ago, ArrowDumpster said:

if you do the actual math you 'll be disgusted.

8000 coins in Korea cost 39,000 Korean won (about $32)

one cookie costs (when they have this event) $0.004125 so over there 5% craft rates make sense, because for example an insanity attempted craft costs 15 cents and a dragon claw attempted craft costs 62 cents, it's a gamble with small change

over here an insanity attempted craft costs $33 and a dragon claw attempted craft costs $135 so it makes 0 sense with a 5% craft rate

YES we are paying 220+ times more (not 220%, 220x) what koreans pay for the same digital item, and we have 0 items relative to what korea has because shock horror people will not pay the equivalent of a decent house to maybe get a dragon weapon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1