How to get Rid of the summoner/afk macro bots?

Argus

If you want to go and make a quest somewhere, it is full of summoner afk macro bots! 

Few days ago I wanted to see what it takes to kill them and clear a spot. TBH it is impossible, you can pk all of them if they don't flag. 

The guy had off party healer, I PK'ed him while he was trying to rez,  then a 2nd haeler tried to resurrect and I had to PK him too.. already had like 7 pk's.. then another healer who managed to rez the one who was in the main pt.. He got up and I pked him again :D  

So it is an infinite PK healer loop and you never win 

At the end they all got resurrected and voila, spot was taken again by some low geared afk bots.

In order to protect players, who cry after loosing their items due to bad macro or not being on the PC while on macro, you are making some zones/spots unplayable :D  

Simply wanted to express my opinion! 

gl//hf

one of my clan members did a brilliant thing!!  a bot party went to hellbound and tried to take over his spot. he took a break from hellbound and went to a tax-free shop where he bought piles of no-grade earrings and little weapons. items that take 1 spot in your inventory. he filled up all his alts with these little things then went back to the spot where the bot party was happily killing mobs and picking up items.  by dropping the items in a trail he lured them away from the spot and down the road where they were out of range of any mobs to target.  the bots spent the day staring at the canyon walls and he went about completing his quests bot-free.  they don't have to be PK'd, they just need to have an auto-pickup worked into their macro/script.  it's okay to be imaginative and creative when dealing with pesky bots.  have fun!

On 9/18/2018 at 12:26 PM, Argus said:

If you want to go and make a quest somewhere, it is full of summoner afk macro bots! 

Few days ago I wanted to see what it takes to kill them and clear a spot. TBH it is impossible, you can pk all of them if they don't flag. 

The guy had off party healer, I PK'ed him while he was trying to rez,  then a 2nd haeler tried to resurrect and I had to PK him too.. already had like 7 pk's.. then another healer who managed to rez the one who was in the main pt.. He got up and I pked him again :D  

So it is an infinite PK healer loop and you never win 

At the end they all got resurrected and voila, spot was taken again by some low geared afk bots.

In order to protect players, who cry after loosing their items due to bad macro or not being on the PC while on macro, you are making some zones/spots unplayable :D  

Simply wanted to express my opinion! 

gl//hf

The fact that they rez each other and continue mean either they are not AFK but just hunting using macro,  in which case you are actually trying to take other's spot by force

Or they are bot (I don't see any one can do a macro that  rez automatically). In which case, I guess you should report them. 

You don't need items from shop. I remember when we were doing that in catacombs, dropping 1 adena near another 1 adena till it looked like it was a huge thread, slowly going toward bots. They picked up and ended on the hallways. Then in some later patch NC made items disappear after 10 minutes.

5 hours ago, beleaua said:

You don't need items from shop. I remember when we were doing that in catacombs, dropping 1 adena near another 1 adena till it looked like it was a huge thread, slowly going toward bots. They picked up and ended on the hallways. Then in some later patch NC made items disappear after 10 minutes.

The dropped items only disappear from mobs after 10 minutes, player dropped items don't disappear till server maintenance. So this is still a very viable way to get rid of bots at least for a little bit. The other way that I have found that is kinda funny is to do this with very heavy items, NG armors or similar, that makes them go over weight and cast anything slow as hell, kind of funny to watch them die and rez over and over again.

10 hours ago, Auburn said:

The dropped items only disappear from mobs after 10 minutes, player dropped items don't disappear till server maintenance. So this is still a very viable way to get rid of bots at least for a little bit. The other way that I have found that is kinda funny is to do this with very heavy items, NG armors or similar, that makes them go over weight and cast anything slow as hell, kind of funny to watch them die and rez over and over again.

This is indeed how it's working in the current update, after it was changed a few times. I'm just saying that in the past people would make huge drawing in the field using adena, waiting hours for some bosses and such,  but in a later patch back in the day that got destroyed. After some time it was reversed it seems.

Archived