Best weapon for a Swordsinger??

Palot

On 10/17/2018 at 7:55 AM, Philotes said:

Most experienced SWS players recommend a dagger with focus on it after 52lv.

Before B grade, it doesn't really matter. I personally suggest a blunt for both, soloing and party playing till you hit 52lv.

@Philotes

What's the reasoning behind B+ Daggers w/ Focus being better past level 52?

On 10/17/2018 at 9:55 AM, Philotes said:

Most experienced SWS players recommend a dagger with focus on it after 52lv.

Before B grade, it doesn't really matter. I personally suggest a blunt for both, soloing and party playing till you hit 52lv.

1h blunt with shield?

I played Sws for years ...its my favorit class and i test it with all kind of situations so  I will write about weapons below and u can decide for yourself

Dagger with focus how suggested up ....its a stupid thing to do because with dagger your accuracy its very very low and u are not a DD , your Patk is crap and you have to accept your role as suport. The only thing u can do in a PVP group is keep the buffs up , harras the Healers and u cant do it with low accuracy from dagger and no masterry for dagger

Blunt in my personal opinion is bad couse you Critical chance is low with a blunt :/ so where is the point ? 

1h Sword & Shield its a good option as long as you put a Focus/haste/Critical Dmg on it and u can add a AUgument

2h Sword + Tallum Set is my favorit combo , its a sword so u have good crit chance , has big dmg when you harras the Healer , he feels that u hittin.

Now u can decide for yourself ...again this is just my opinion 

19 hours ago, Birdy said:

I played Sws for years ...its my favorit class and i test it with all kind of situations so  I will write about weapons below and u can decide for yourself

Dagger with focus how suggested up ....its a stupid thing to do because with dagger your accuracy its very very low and u are not a DD , your Patk is crap and you have to accept your role as suport. The only thing u can do in a PVP group is keep the buffs up , harras the Healers and u cant do it with low accuracy from dagger and no masterry for dagger

Blunt in my personal opinion is bad couse you Critical chance is low with a blunt :/ so where is the point ? 

1h Sword & Shield its a good option as long as you put a Focus/haste/Critical Dmg on it and u can add a AUgument

2h Sword + Tallum Set is my favorit combo , its a sword so u have good crit chance , has big dmg when you harras the Healer , he feels that u hittin.

Now u can decide for yourself ...again this is just my opinion 

I'm extremely sorry to tell you that, but if you actually played swm for years, you wouldn't suggest anything like this ... This actually hurt my intellect ...

Firstly, on Classic Rune system is gonna be implemented, so the old crystal system is no more ...
Secondly, whatever you use as ur main weapon, you will strongly see the need of actually using a shield because it can actually save you a lot of damage, so your two-handed sword opinion is the worst there is for this class...
To counter your reasoning against daggers, the evasion is broken ... And especially on Hvy/Robe users, so u can disrupt the healers all the time ... The physical skill casting speed used to be faster back then when using daggers, so it was a must when singing, and the overall atk.speed combined with the PvP option then, was the only reasonable way a swm could go attacking wise .. 
Sword is viable but u only actually need it against light armor users when fighting alone .. So, that won't happen much ...

On 20.10.2018 at 2:47 PM, Limerence said:

I'm extremely sorry to tell you that, but if you actually played swm for years, you wouldn't suggest anything like this ... This actually hurt my intellect ...

Firstly, on Classic Rune system is gonna be implemented, so the old crystal system is no more ...
Secondly, whatever you use as ur main weapon, you will strongly see the need of actually using a shield because it can actually save you a lot of damage, so your two-handed sword opinion is the worst there is for this class...
To counter your reasoning against daggers, the evasion is broken ... And especially on Hvy/Robe users, so u can disrupt the healers all the time ... The physical skill casting speed used to be faster back then when using daggers, so it was a must when singing, and the overall atk.speed combined with the PvP option then, was the only reasonable way a swm could go attacking wise .. 
Sword is viable but u only actually need it against light armor users when fighting alone .. So, that won't happen much ...

22 hours ago, thrhgfhf said:

dagger and shield is what all competent SWS players have been running pretty much since launch. The Birdy guy played his class wrong for "many years" as he stated.

maybe its how you said ...the game changed a lot since 10 years ago when i was playing ...but on all Big servers that i played like Dexternet etc.(because i didnt have the money to play on official) i never saw a sws running a dagger at end game situation/olympiad. Gaming changed a lot sincer 10/15 years ago when i was a kid and playing l2 like crazy :) so if ppl found out that dagger and shield is the best combo ...then its possible :) i only know that for me Dragon slayer + augument critical chance+ tallum worked very very good :) anyway maybe i learned something today ...and if i will ever have the chance to play a sws again i will try your combo :)

Blunt(+shield) should be the best option in Classic, since you will anyway add Othel/Super Othel SA on it (like everyone else) to max out crit rate. Daggers are just too weak (lower P.Atk. = lower crit, lower accuracy = less crits in total) and as SwS/M you don't have the atk speed passives (making accuracy an even bigger deal) and ofc dagger mastery (to compensate some of the P.Atk. difference vs other weapons).

2h sword might be a reasonable alternative for PvE, where you aren't getting hit much and want to contribute damage. A 2h sword will be cheaper to max out crit rate than 2h blunt, so it should be preferred.

HOWEVER, while runes/SAs are not available, 2h sword is best for PvE and there is nothing that would do anything remotely "good" in PvP. Shield or not, you will die, and any weapon type will still suck (would be an entirely different story for BD/SD, for example).

If you wish to consider 1v1 situations, like Oly (should probably come with/after Runes, though), then you must have bow and blunt > all for dealing with archers/daggers

52 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Blunt(+shield) should be the best option in Classic, since you will anyway add Othel/Super Othel SA on it (like everyone else) to max out crit rate. Daggers are just too weak (lower P.Atk. = lower crit, lower accuracy = less crits in total) and as SwS/M you don't have the atk speed passives (making accuracy an even bigger deal) and ofc dagger mastery (to compensate some of the P.Atk. difference vs other weapons).

2h sword might be a reasonable alternative for PvE, where you aren't getting hit much and want to contribute damage. A 2h sword will be cheaper to max out crit rate than 2h blunt, so it should be preferred.

HOWEVER, while runes/SAs are not available, 2h sword is best for PvE and there is nothing that would do anything remotely "good" in PvP. Shield or not, you will die, and any weapon type will still suck (would be an entirely different story for BD/SD, for example).

If you wish to consider 1v1 situations, like Oly (should probably come with/after Runes, though), then you must have bow and blunt > all for dealing with archers/daggers

Why not 1h sword (+shield) then? It has better crit chance than blunt by default...

1 hour ago, Caupo said:

Why not 1h sword (+shield) then? It has better crit chance than blunt by default...

Are you addressing the current, SA-less meta?

2h > 1h for PvE. SwS gets the generic mastery (P.Atk. increase for 1h blunt, 1h magic blunt, 2h blunt, 2h magic blunt, 1h sword, 1h magic sword, 2h sword, 2h magic sword), so it's only fair to use it.

As for PvP, it's true, a sword will get a better crit rate bonus from Song of Hunter, but picking a sword over a blunt doesn't make you even a bit more formidable. Even a lowbie Othel Stage 6 rune gives +200 crit rate (with stuff like Super Othel Stage 12 giving over +300), so I would still suggest getting a 1h blunt for long term.

For a throwaway grade (like C), a sword can do if it's more cost efficient than to buy a 2h one.

ppl need to split this out between a weapon for PVE & PVP as those are 2 different requirements

the old PVP requirements still hold true:

• - fastest attack speed for more & higher chance of skill interrupt
  • - pvp'd used to have buff cancel effect
  • - SwS is support and shouldn't focus on doing dps in pvp but in staying alive while harassing healers/buffers
  • - shield for lowering damage taken

dagger is imho still the best option for PVP

PVE can be whatever works best for your personal play style

11 minutes ago, Caupo said:

I mean, in PvE, you can still main-tank, for archer or dagger party, so its more efficient to go with sword (for crit) + shield, than 2h sword, no?

depends on how you want to play your SwS in PVE as you can go either route, be tanky or dps style are both fine options

obviously if you play often in situations where a tank is needed but none are around the tanky approach will work better and visa versa when no tank is needed or an actual tank is in party then dps style works better

decide how you want to play and adopt the circumstances to accommodate that, things you can control are the ppl (classes) you play with and the type of mobs you hunt :)

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

ppl need to split this out between a weapon for PVE & PVP as those are 2 different requirements

the old PVP requirements still hold true:

• - fastest attack speed for more & higher chance of skill interrupt
  • - pvp'd used to have buff cancel effect
  • - SwS is support and shouldn't focus on doing dps in pvp but in staying alive while harassing healers/buffers
  • - shield for lowering damage taken

dagger is imho still the best option for PVP

PVE can be whatever works best for your personal play style

Is the extra atk speed of a dagger (no extra speed passives like rogue-type classes) vs 1hand actually worth the (if comparing with blunt) radically lower accuracy?
Though of course, if you are going to focus only casters the accuracy is less of a problem.

For PvE, I still don't think SwS should tank, but obviously, if you're the tankiest in the random party/CP, you will have to.

1 hour ago, Devoid said:

Is the extra atk speed of a dagger (no extra speed passives like rogue-type classes) vs 1hand actually worth the (if comparing with blunt) radically lower accuracy?
Though of course, if you are going to focus only casters the accuracy is less of a problem.

For PvE, I still don't think SwS should tank, but obviously, if you're the tankiest in the random party/CP, you will have to.

Having only Live server experience on swm, yes, using dagger is a no brainer however you would like to look at it ... The basics will be pretty much the same here also ... But considering the new Rune system and specifically the Othell Rune, and the abscence of the old PvP Weapon System then, I would try it ... In PVE the blunt will obviously be better than the sword when the Rune system will be implemented ... But I think I would go to dagger again as far as PvP is concerned ... The atk.speed on an elf and especially this class, is a must in order to put out more hits in a pvp situation or 1v1 ...

• 3 weeks later...

If you're thinking of soloing stuff - got for two-handed sword or blunt. Sword is preferable but beggars can't be choosers.

If you group up with friends more than that - go for Cursed Maingauche + a good Shield.

Even if you have a tank you'll end up off-tanking in many scenarios.

And if you play with a dagger you can save some SP by skipping the sword/blunt mastery (and using the SP on M.def and Heavy Armor mastery)

One-handed swords are also fine though, but a dagger would be more useful when having to PvP due to higher crit-rate and more interrupts.

I believe aggression and arrest cast faster with dagger than with anything else too.

• 3 weeks later...

most efficient solo PvE > 2hand blunt/sword + song of hunter, preferably blunt because there are more mobs weak to blunt

party PvE doesn't really matter since you are there to tank or buff, most economic is cursed mainguche without ss

PvP low level like right now > cursed mainguche, top C 1h sword/blunt or OE top D 1h sword/blunt and always shield

at higher levels, for PvP the best will always be 1h sword/blunt and shield + secondary bow

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, Birdy said:

maybe its how you said ...the game changed a lot since 10 years ago when i was playing ...but on all Big servers that i played like Dexternet etc.(because i didnt have the money to play on official) i never saw a sws running a dagger at end game situation/olympiad. Gaming changed a lot sincer 10/15 years ago when i was a kid and playing l2 like crazy :) so if ppl found out that dagger and shield is the best combo ...then its possible :) i only know that for me Dragon slayer + augument critical chance+ tallum worked very very good :) anyway maybe i learned something today ...and if i will ever have the chance to play a sws again i will try your combo :)

hats off for your answer. nice to see there are so growth intelectual people around here. our perception of the whole enviroment 10-15 years ago was totally different, we were totally different people. now we can have more sure and clarity on words with proof and solid base of arguments for anything. just have to go ahead and study, calc, test, try. 15 years ago we just used what we used and we can't even remember the reasons if there were many at all.

Archived