A MSG to every clueless person out there who set a private shop.

rpgmaniac

So it boggles my mind that there is so many clueless people out there who set shops selling stuff at completely nonsense prices & I'm gonna give 3 examples on this thread in an attempt to open their eyes & force them to use their brains next time, so here we go:

First example

We see here that this guy sell a full Brig shield for 125k when Brig shield cost 86k at the armor shop, wtf?

Second example

This guy here sell Brig & Elven Mithril Gloves/Boots parts from 25k to 35k when full Brig/E.Mithril gloves/boots cost 82k at the armor shop, so let's say I want to craft Brig boots I need 7 parts in total if I buy each part from this guy for 30k each I'll need 210k in total just for the parts without even calculate the rest mats/Cry D/Gem D in the total cost, so I ask this guy who set this shop "tell me one reason to buy a single part from you when instead I can get the full item for just 80k in the armor shop" I mean how clueless can you be to sell for such high prices? did they seriously expect to sell a single part at those prices they sell?

Third example

This guy here sell 7 Brig helmet parts for 48k each, so if I want to craft a Brig helmet & buy all the parts from this guy I need almost 350k just for the parts, there is many people out there who sell the full helmet for 300-350k already so what's the point to give 350k just for the parts when I can simply buy the full item for less & save time & money?

So in the end because there is many other people like me who get triggered when we see the stupidity of some people who seriously have no clue & sell stuff at their private shops that make zero-sense, I'm gonna write here some questions to use as a guide for anyone who wanna place a shop & have no idea what price to put for something he wanna sell.

Ask the following question to yourself before you set a shop:

(When we are talking about a full item)

1. Is the price I put a bit lower compare to NPC shops in Giran? (There is no reason to put something higher or at the same price with NPC shops as no one is gonna buy your items)

(In case of parts)

2.Is it worth it for someone to buy parts from me if he wanna craft an item? will that save him money instead of buy the full item? (if buying parts cost more to craft an item then no one is gonna do it when he can spent less money to buy the full item instead, simple as that, so don't waste your time to set a shop with super-expensive parts because you are not gonna sell a single one & you waste your time)

EDIT

Another clueless guy

Brig shield parts for 20k each, so I need 7 parts to craft a Brig shield x20k each in total 140k just for the parts when the full item cost 86k at the armor shop, what I have to say to this guy is "Hey dude get a clue already..."

You're assuming the sellers are dumb when it's the opposite. This system does work on occasion and that's why it's used. Some people don't want to check every single shop to compare prices or check the store for a reference price - they just prefer to buy things on the spot because they can.

This doesn't make the seller dumb, it makes him smart to take advantage of the situation.

So I guess he just never checked enough stores to point out one more thing? That's actually a bigger problem? The ones you've listed are not dumb sellers, as quoted above they are smart. 

But what about the people who actually and literally abuse and take advantage of the newbie players? 
Ex: Selling Stems as they were different Bow Shafts and Soulstones as they were D Crystals? 
Heh, I found it funny, but it's sad sometimes seeing people with good intentions get scammed (dunno if it's called scam lol don't take it for granted)?

2 hours ago, rpgmaniac said:

his guy here sell Brig & Elven Mithril Gloves/Boots parts from 25k to 35k when full Brig/E.Mithril gloves/boots cost 82k at the armor shop

Elven Mithril Gloves aren't in the shop. You have to craft them.

2 hours ago, Catepie69 said:

Some people may have 6/7 key mats and just dont have the patience to farm the last one. So they just buy the last part. I know I would if it was tedious. Even if it is overpriced to buy all 7, just 1 isn't bad.

If there is idiots who pay 30-35k for 1 single part when the whole item cost 80k in shop then why use 7 parts to craft it when you can sell all those parts to idiots to make 200k+ & then buy the item you want without spent even half of the money you are gonna get & also keep the rest money? plz tell me I would really like to know.

4 minutes ago, rpgmaniac said:

He was selling Elven Mithril Boots parts not gloves but anyway...

Well you said Elven Mithril Gloves, but anyway... it's not stupid seller, it's stupid buyers, they're the reason why we have those shops.

4 hours ago, rpgmaniac said:

If there is idiots who pay 30-35k for 1 single part when the whole item cost 80k in shop then why use 7 parts to craft it when you can sell all those parts to idiots to make 200k+ & then buy the item you want without spent even half of the money you are gonna get & also keep the rest money? plz tell me I would really like to know.

How can someone that makes more money can be dumb? Dude it`s obvious that the only reason u took so much efford for making this post is u bought something rly overpriced, realised later and got pissed.... Next time maybe rething your actions instead of blaming every `dumb` person out there cus they are taking advantage of careless people. 

52 minutes ago, rpgmaniac said:

The reason I made this thread is because it became annoying to watch so many clueless people set shops selling stuff in crazy prices that make zero sense, I think I explain that very well already & if you didn't get it then sorry I have no way to explain it better to you.

So if I buy something for 80k from NPC, then set a shop for 120k and some1 buys it from me and I make 40k profit, I'm clueless?

1 hour ago, Dhol said:

So if I buy something for 80k from NPC, then set a shop for 120k and some1 buys it from me and I make 40k profit, I'm clueless?

Exactly. This is how business make money.  It's up to the buyer to do their research.  And if these fools are overpriced then just sell stuff cheaper than them.  Take advantage of it.  Free market economy.

Remember, buyers set the price, not the sellers.

55 minutes ago, InLegends said:

Didn't know Brig Shield was in the shop but I crafted and sold 5 of them for 99k each. I don't think it was in the shop back in C1-Interlude so I didn't even bother checking.

Well obviously you are clueless, according to OP, and not the people who bought them from you lol.

Archived