Spellbook Drop Rate Issue

I know there is already a thread out there about Adena and Spoil Rates. Yes even after the upcoming Update the Adena rates in Solo Leveling and some other Party Leveling areas are still way to low.

But the Spellbook Drop Rates are even more ridiculous. I know its a hardcore game, but i played L2 already on C1 and this was already hardcore. But this...

An popular example: The Spellbook Haste. The Prophet gets this ( Important ) Skill at Level 44. But the skillbook drops from Level 55 mobs. This alone is silly. But ok. You could farm it with ur Clanmates. But the droprate of these spellbooks is insane. On EU Classic Wiki u can find a drop rate 0,05% - 0,1%. 

But as far as we already noticed our drop rates are way lower. So my guess is 0,025% - 0,05%. So the price for that spellbook is going crazy. If u are not super lucky to get this drop u have to buy it. For 4-5 million adenas ? As a Prophet u normally cant solo so u need a group. But with the low Adena Drop rates you get around 50-70 Adena per Kill in a group ( you have to consider that not every mob drops adena. Most of the time the adena drop change is 70% ) . Do you understand u have to kill AT LEAST 80.000 Mobs to farm that adena amout. Ofc only if u never use Spiritshots....

What else to say.....

1 hour ago, SeleneYatano said:

I know there is already a thread out there about Adena and Spoil Rates. Yes even after the upcoming Update the Adena rates in Solo Leveling and some other Party Leveling areas are still way to low.

But the Spellbook Drop Rates are even more ridiculous. I know its a hardcore game, but i played L2 already on C1 and this was already hardcore. But this...

An popular example: The Spellbook Haste. The Prophet gets this ( Important ) Skill at Level 44. But the skillbook drops from Level 55 mobs. This alone is silly. But ok. You could farm it with ur Clanmates. But the droprate of these spellbooks is insane. On EU Classic Wiki u can find a drop rate 0,05% - 0,1%. 

But as far as we already noticed our drop rates are way lower. So my guess is 0,025% - 0,05%. So the price for that spellbook is going crazy. If u are not super lucky to get this drop u have to buy it. For 4-5 million adenas ? As a Prophet u normally cant solo so u need a group. But with the low Adena Drop rates you get around 50-70 Adena per Kill in a group ( you have to consider that not every mob drops adena. Most of the time the adena drop change is 70% ) . Do you understand u have to kill AT LEAST 80.000 Mobs to farm that adena amout. Ofc only if u never use Spiritshots....

What else to say.....

Or 2000 - 4000 mobs to get a statistical 100% chance of dropping the full book, hehe :) 

Just kidding, I see your point there - the rates are ridiculous, but the problem is that this is just the way NCwest decided to do their bussiness - starve the players of everything to force them into buying stuff from L2store... If they fix the drop rate, they're just going to f* up the store somehow else... No escape really :( 

12 minutes ago, SeleneYatano said:

What else to say.....

What else to say? Well i can say that you wont even get it if you kill 80k mobs since you will have to pay for restock or teleports sooo.

Oh and also, every mob who drops spellbooks seems to drop at least 2 or 3 different books. That means you must be lucky twice. First time to get a SB drop and second time to get what you need. 

I don't really understand why the rates of the SBs are so fked up actually...just saying : with that rate you can either drop a SB or a whole weapon. 

22 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

I don't really understand why the rates of the SBs are so fked up actually...just saying : with that rate you can either drop a SB or a whole weapon. 

Yup, the problem then is that everyone will go for a weapon fulldrop (as you also get weapon key mats while farming that are also worth something), UNLESS the SB is actually worth more than a weapon. So if nobody farms the SBs… They will become more expensive than weapons. Not uncommon to see Greater Shield/Might for 10-15m, DW for 15-25m, PR for 20-25m, Wild Magic also goes for 15-20m. You're just lucky they are so cheap here because a lot of people are farming them currently.

21 minutes ago, Lightkeeper said:

Solution is easy - just pay full VIP for +50% drop rate... If plebs have to kill 1k mobs to drop it, you only need 750. You also get to farm up adena better because you pay shots for dollars as well. 

Just pay and laugh at the peasants.

Most people that are posting in this thread are VIP4.  So try again.

1 hour ago, Lightkeeper said:

Solution is easy - just pay full VIP for +50% drop rate... If plebs have to kill 1k mobs to drop it, you only need 750. You also get to farm up adena better because you pay shots for dollars as well. 

Just pay and laugh at the peasants.

Wtfu talking im vip 4 farming 7 days in outlaw forest killing 1k+ mobs everyday , 0 books amulet , 1 homu blade, 1 delusiomal blade , 6 eacth compound boot/mithril glovr parts thats all xD

1 hour ago, Lightkeeper said:

Solution is easy - just pay full VIP for +50% drop rate... If plebs have to kill 30k mobs to drop it, you only need 20k.

Fixed that for you.

And don't say you only needed 1k for some trash sb/amulet that nobody cares about (e.g. Cancel, Iron Will, etc).

6 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Fixed that for you.

And don't say you only needed 1k for some trash sb/amulet that nobody cares about (e.g. Cancel, Iron Will, etc).

I don't think he meant that as literally, he was just using the math as an example... lol

Working as intended. Welcome to L2 classic 

1 hour ago, Devoid said:

Fixed that for you.

Could just be unlucky, theoretically you could farm until the end of time and never get it. Just luck. I farm outlaw forest and get atleast 1 or 2 blades an hour.

How easy would you like NCSoft to make L2 Classic for you? 

I think the prices also reflect the fact that everyone lvl 44+ is above the leveling curve of a lot of the server. Once the levels start to equal out more books will come up on the market and the price will drop pretty drastically, it's been the same for pretty much every item so far. It's been just over a month, which is somewhat mind-boggling compared to old l2 rates.

22 minutes ago, wildernessbox said:

I think the prices also reflect the fact that everyone lvl 44+ is above the leveling curve of a lot of the server. Once the levels start to equal out more books will come up on the market and the price will drop pretty drastically, it's been the same for pretty much every item so far. It's been just over a month, which is somewhat mind-boggling compared to old l2 rates.

My point was regarding this, but unfortunately what happens in reality (as observed elsewhere) is the opposite. Once people outlevel the specific areas where highly-sought SBs drop, the price of the SB will only INCREASE, as you cannot hunt deep blue mobs for drops.

23 minutes ago, sdfsdfsdfsdf said:

Working as intended. Welcome to L2 classic

How easy would you like NCSoft to make L2 Classic for you? 

Not exactly sure what point you are trying to make. EU wiki states 0.01% (or 1/10k), we know our rates are between 2 and 7 times lower, so 1/30k is a reasonable estimate (assuming you are a bit more lucky than the general pop, ofc)

7 minutes ago, Devoid said:

My point was regarding this, but unfortunately what happens in reality (as observed elsewhere) is the opposite. Once people outlevel the specific areas where highly-sought SBs drop, the price of the SB will only INCREASE, as you cannot hunt deep blue mobs for drops.

Not exactly sure what point you are trying to make. EU wiki states 0.01% (or 1/10k), we know our rates are between 2 and 7 times lower, so 1/30k is a reasonable estimate (assuming you are a bit more lucky than the general pop, ofc)

This might be true to some extent, but that would assume you don't have different waves of people in each level bracket, so it should stay somewhat steady for a little while. I know most people farming them right now are holding off leveling till they get their important ones while saving up scrolls/blessings.

It could become an issue here eventually if people level too quickly.

I mean... it's all Korean Luck. 

This is what I experienced from my CP:

My clannie/cp went on for 6 days straight almost after he hit lvl 40 (he has vip 4) to farm for I think it was a speelbook in some orc teritory? I think he was trying to get DW or something like that. WELL, he didn't get any spellbook, grinding for around 5-7 hours daily at the exact spot. 

Hmm, what do you know, me, myself I am VIP 1 for the queue sake (damn that's broke) and I went down to Ivory Crater for some farm and for the sake of "Oh well, I need DW spellbook for my Prophet so I might as well go there to farm a bit with my Warsmith". 
I farmed there for LITERALLY 2 hours, maybe less since I was afk'ing a bit and what do you know:P I got the damn DW spellbook, from maybe a few houndred Marshian Gargoyles or what ever they are called. 

SO, you can't really discuss any chances/% rates here since there are NONE basically exact numbers, since the L2 wiki as you know don't sync up with NCWest. 

Therefore, please... Stop bitching around for some random Korean luck, since as you know, is just pure LUCK. I mean.... I know it's pathetic... but don't take it for granted. Just, chill a bit I guess. If you can't drop the spellbook, you'll need to buy it eventually then. Simple as that. 

4 hours ago, SeleneYatano said:

What else to say.....

Books were always hard to get, don't tell me they weren't. You just have to get lucky. Got 3 myself yesterday.

7 hours ago, SeleneYatano said:

What else to say.....

SB's in classic always have been an "issue" people in skelth farming for a week in same spot for SB's, have nothing to do with NCsoft that, this is how classic been made. 

I don't want to be that guy. but, it looks like the rate is 100% beneficial to someone whos botting 24/7. Botter farm 24/7 and get all the drops without losing time or sleep. a normal/casual player doesn't have a chance, VIP or not. So, so quit the game or buy Adena online from these magical people who seen to have all the freedom on the server. But if my email or my IP address changes  I get banned. :/ Something not right with the rate and the bots on the server. Is like the two are working perfectly together. lol  

11 minutes ago, Jrock said:

I don't want to be that guy. but, it looks like the rate is 100% beneficial to someone whos botting 24/7. Botter farm 24/7 and get all the drops without losing time or sleep. a normal/casual player doesn't have a chance, VIP or not. So, so quit the game or buy Adena online from these magical people who seen to have all the freedom on the server. But if my email or my IP address changes  I get banned. :/ Something not right with the rate and the bots on the server. Is like the two are working perfectly together. lol  

Umm no? You need to be REALLY lucky. I wasn't botting or anything. No reason in quitting if you don't have f.ex. Hex. Get yourself together my dude. You'll get the books in time. It's not supposed to drop in 2 hours like for me. I should've had farmed there for a week to be lucky for a drop and for it to be the book I wanted. 
GRIND. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT. 

Spent several hours a day every day for a week for a total of 7 levels farming SoS and never seen the book I was trying to farm.  I've pretty much out leveled the mobs in question.  And I started when they were yellow.

Then move on, try farming other books my friend and try to change them for the one you want. Once the mob goes light blue-ish, I heard you instantly get a bit of a penalty from drops and experience as well that you get? So I'd suggest moving on and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find what you were looking for. 

Sometimes it pays off better to kill mobs with a little bit of a smaller rate of dropping them but a bigger quantity of them. And a more crowded place where you don't need to run as much as in SoS (it's a pain in the ass i know, me personally I don't like spots that are foggy, they make me feel sad and just not up for playing so i choose other spots that are visually more beautiful, that does the trick for me ^^) 

Good luck <3

1 minute ago, DGR said:

Spent several hours a day every day for a week for a total of 7 levels farming SoS and never seen the book I was trying to farm.  I've pretty much out leveled the mobs in question.  And I started when they were yellow.

"i cant farm my books in one hour, increase the rates sniff sniff". Rates of spellbook arent impossible. Not even "too hard" as you claim. Just because you want the skill and dont have the adena to buy it from someone or didnt get it while farming is not a good reason to come here whinning. These ppl used to be handed everything instead of working for it, seriously lol 9_9

For example a friend of mine who is spellsinger already got the spellbooks deathwhisper and clear mind, and he farmed way below 10k of mobs (maybe 2k, 3k of mobs). Spellbooks lvl +40 shouldnt be easy to obtain, but they arent impossible. If you dont want to grind just dont do it, buy them with adena. If spellbooks drop easily and everyone has their skills learned without any real effort, that would be quite lame, as you want it to be.

Another friend who is wc got the amulet chant of fury while farming, so yeah. Maybe you go and the first mob you kill gives you a book, maybe you spend one whole week and not even one drops. It can happens. I spended the last 3 days farming like crazy and got not even one drop, and yesterday the first 30 minutes farming i got 2 different D weapons drop (made around 1kk there).

Archived