Update on Adena and Drop Rates

Hime

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that we've finally hit acceptance on rates being abysmal in endgame. When are the lootboxes coming? You don't have long with various gaming commissions looking to regulate by end of 2019. Get that whale monies while you can!

I think the staff is right not increasing the drop rate.

This is a F2P model, so it MUST be hard and harder. They will try to "compensate" it with this weekend events and stuff but yhou guys know, the server needs this.

Seriously? you really think you would play a PERFECT CLASSIC 1.5 SERVER with a FREE TO PLAY model and get everything you want in hands?

Just keep playing and understand how it works.

@edit and yeah, i think VIP should get incresed adena amount not only rate. cuz there is no point.

1 minute ago, Noviscki said:

This is a F2P model, so it MUST be hard and harder. They will try to "compensate" it with this weekend events and stuff but yhou guys know, the server needs this.

Seriously? you really think you would play a PERFECT CLASSIC 1.5 SERVER with a FREE TO PLAY model and get everything you want in hands?

@edit and yeah, i think VIP should get incresed adena amount not only rate. cuz there is no point.

Well, you don't even understand what people are complaining about, clearly. If you think that mobs in FT should drop more adena than mobs in FoM then ok. 

This is a F2P model, so it MUST be hard and harder. 

The most successful online games in the market are F2P with cosmetic/convenience only MTXs. The idea you have to sell power to remain financially viable is outdated.

Just now, ZygiA said:

Well, you don't even understand what people are complaining about, clearly. If you think that mobs in FT should drop more adena than mobs in FoM then ok. 

I know it's wrong and messy, mobs level 30+ dropping much more adena than mobs 50+. They have to fix that drop, not incresing the adena rate in general. So far i'm seeing a lot of misscomplainings. just it.

1 minute ago, Jackl said:

The most successful online games in the market are F2P with cosmetic/convenience only MTXs. The idea you have to sell power to remain financially viable is outdated.

sell power mate? you can't buy adena, NO ONE CAN. it's the SAME DROP FOR EVERYBODY so what's the point? you can buy boost XP/SP, not adena. Why you're all complaining if it's the same for everyone? i aggree with mobs level 30+ dropping more adena than 50+ mobs should be fixed. But it's just look's like you all want an nice and easy classic server like it's a private 7x one.

sell power mate? you can't buy adena, NO ONE CAN. it's the SAME DROP FOR EVERYBODY so what's the point? you can buy boost XP/SP, not adena. Why you're all complaining if it's the same for everyone? i aggree with mobs level 30+ dropping more adena than 50+ mobs should be fixed. But it's just look's like you all want an nice and easy classic server like it's a private 7x one.

It's easier than x7, at least on x7 you will get ban if you bot and see you/report you.

2 minutes ago, Noviscki said:

It won't be for long. This is the same playbook as Retail L2. Make adena/drop rates near nonexistant for majority of playerbase. Add lootboxes/gamble event. Scarcity incentivizes  purchases. Soon majority of power will only be available in cash shop. Happened in Korea classic, NAL2, and coming to an L2Store near you.

People like you give them misguided consent.

5 minutes ago, Noviscki said:

Here's where they're failing with their monetization strategy: The game isn't fun. If the game isn't fun, people won't consider paying for it.

If it didn't take you 300 monsters to clear a single karma point...

If the rates were true 1x...

If there weren't hordes of bots clogging your farming places...

Then, players would start having FUN, and they would consider paying for it. If I had fun playing L2, I would gladly spend $25 one day for a cool new hat, or $50 the next month for a cool weapon effect, maybe $75 on a salamander pet? Hmmm. 

But, as it stands, I fail to see why should I spend my money on a game I'm not having fun with. That's how literally every player feels. And that's why their servers will be empty by July 2019, if they keep up with their current monetization strategy.

10 hours ago, Hime said:

Since the launch of Lineage II Classic, we’ve received tons of your feedback regarding Adena, drops, and spoil rates in game. Based on that feedback, initially increased those rates by more than double, and addressed key group areas that had lower than intended rates.

After observing the impact had in-game, and discussing with the development team, we concluded that no additional rate changes will be made. Our rates for free players are parallel with the other regions that offer Lineage II Classic as free-to-play. Ultimately, the nature of Lineage II Classic is that acquiring Adena and items are meant to be challenging, as players must decide strategically how they spend their Adena.

We recognize the concerns of our players, and we will be running the Attendance Checklist event along with weekend server boosts for the remainder of 2018. There will also be seasonable events that we run from time to time to acquire various reward items. 

The Attendance Checklist event will start after maintenance this week and the first weekend server boost event will start this Saturday.

Information on the Attendance Checklist and Server Settings can be read here: https://www.lineage2.com/news/winter-holiday-events-2018

Excellent decision, though in this case last month was my final VIP month. Guess both myself and NC will have to enjoy the game in a more "austere" manner.

11 hours ago, Hime said:

Since the launch of Lineage II Classic, we’ve received tons of your feedback regarding Adena, drops, and spoil rates in game. Based on that feedback, initially increased those rates by more than double, and addressed key group areas that had lower than intended rates.

After observing the impact had in-game, and discussing with the development team, we concluded that no additional rate changes will be made. Our rates for free players are parallel with the other regions that offer Lineage II Classic as free-to-play. Ultimately, the nature of Lineage II Classic is that acquiring Adena and items are meant to be challenging, as players must decide strategically how they spend their Adena.

We recognize the concerns of our players, and we will be running the Attendance Checklist event along with weekend server boosts for the remainder of 2018. There will also be seasonable events that we run from time to time to acquire various reward items. 

The Attendance Checklist event will start after maintenance this week and the first weekend server boost event will start this Saturday.

Information on the Attendance Checklist and Server Settings can be read here: https://www.lineage2.com/news/winter-holiday-events-2018

Such a discomfort...

almost the only post in two weeks and it's to explain that it's "working" as intended ... i really have the feeling that u both have no real authority/control about the game.

while I understand it must be pretty hard to have the obligation to carry such "bad news", and i suppose it's why u both posted almost anything last 2 weeks on this forum, I think the least u could do is assume decisions and :

1/ explain in detail how u jumped to such conclusions

2/ tell us how decisions are really made with korean dev team : i mean if u are the one who take decision at the end u could u please elaborate a bit ? cause the "nature of lineage 2 classic" thing is just nowhere near a constructed explanation

3/ answer the tons of questions asked here, exchange with playerbase...pls do some community management

@Hime@Juji

5 minutes ago, AngeMarkel said:

must be a really weak clan.

We are clan which dont want to make lvl 20 chars to get adena for ports and shots :). Its not worth a time. We arent hardcore,we are casual players. dont worry you will stay here with  2 strong clans alone.

8 minutes ago, Souvlaki said:

nah, this is just a really dumb chronicle version and the way NCWest runs it makes it 10 times worse

4 minutes ago, Atreanox said:

We are clan which dont want to make lvl 20 chars to get adena for ports and shots :). Its not worth a time. We arent hardcore,we are casual players. dont worry you will stay here with  2 strong clans alone.

when a full clan isnt able to afford shots and ports they acting brainless. Thtas nothing about hardcore or server specs.

Allot clans making millions of adena each day, wonder how u can fail in that

1 minute ago, AngeMarkel said:

when a full clan isnt able to afford shots and ports they acting brainless. Thtas nothing about hardcore or server specs.

Allot clans making millions of adena each day, wonder how u can fail in that

not everybody is playing broken mage aoe party. get real  u spend 100k/hour for shots . they spend 500k+ and kill X10 less mobs.|

not everybody is abusing the broken aoe farm, u know?

Archived