New Customizable Next Target Macro Functionality

Conguero

• L2 Team

Updated March 20

In the latest game update a new UI setting has been added to allow players greater flexibility in finding intended targets using macros. As many players have avoided using Next Target in macros for this reason, we want to make sure you know about this new customizable functionality. Specifically, if you want to make sure you don’t accidentally attack another player who’s Hostile to you, we recommend you update your macros to use Next Target for targeting Monsters in the world.

As detailed in the most recent maintenance notice, here are the new Next Target UI options available:

Next Target Setting

/targetnext

Auto-Target behavior when attacked by hostile

Target to Taunt

All hostile targets

All hostile targets

Monster

Hostile monsters only

Hostile monsters only

PC

Hostile PC only

Hostile PC only

NPC

Friendly NPC

All hostile targets

By utilizing this updated functionality, players should be able to avoid instances of unwanted PvP while using macros. Of course players are still responsible for all of the actions of their characters, and any consequences that result, whether using macros or not.

--

UPDATE: Be sure to read Neutron's follow-up post regarding automatic target acquisition.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • L2 Team
2 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

i'm othell and mostly use clone in oly, so the question, clone is trade as pc?

Othell Clones will count as PC targets if the Clone’s owner is Hostile.

NPC targets will apply to clones/decoys as long as they aren’t Hostile.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you intend on using this system to avoid getting your gear ganked by hostile players causing you to pk them there are some things to know:

1. You must set your macro to target Monster targets.
  2. /targetnext is the only way this works. (/target mob name or /target party member name can still lead to you unintentionally targeting a hostile player if timed correctly).

I watched SnowMaiden and Kneska gank someones twilight gear in GC because the DD was anchored to the iss by using /target iss name.

Just trying to warn everyone before you lose something you don't want to. Make sure you fully understand the game mechanics O.o

1 hour ago, OneDayDelete said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you intend on using this system to avoid getting your gear ganked by hostile players causing you to pk them there are some things to know:

1. You must set your macro to target Monster targets.
  2. /targetnext is the only way this works. (/target mob name or /target party member name can still lead to you unintentionally targeting a hostile player if timed correctly).

I watched SnowMaiden and Kneska gank someones twilight gear in GC because the DD was anchored to the iss by using /target iss name.

Just trying to warn everyone before you lose something you don't want to. Make sure you fully understand the game mechanics O.o

if i make auto macro pt, i will do like this
1 DD 2 Iss Setup

i'm in party so token will work
Token 1 for ISS1  Token 3 for Iss2 and Token 2 for DD

Token 1-3 always permanent, Token 4 DD make, for example
next target then /usetoken4, start damage it, then 1st iss give debuff to /token4, 2nd iss give buff, in each 10 min, and because all toon have token, its easy to full buff all character.

1 DD 1 ISS 1 Healer

this can be better

Same macro need here :D Iss debuff and healer target dd and iss

Only 1 thing can make you failed, summoner mark :D or cursed weapon :D

9 hours ago, Conguero said:

Othell Clones will count as PC targets if the Clone’s owner is Hostile.

NPC targets will apply to clones/decoys as long as they aren’t Hostile.

Decoys don't attack, so as someone else said depending on your definition of hostile, decoys can potentially be targeted at all times.

If you are there your character will not get pk . But you ppl leave your characters afk 24/7 . They sayed multiple times DO NOT LEAVE AFK ON AUTO MACRO MODE YOUR CARACTER . But no you ppl will still leave them afk because in the end of the day who cares what neutron sayes or who cares what is illegal you will still do what you want ! The new next target functions are  to reduce the chance of flagging . But they don’t eliminate them . So they are working as intended .

Just want to warn everyone that regardless of how your macro looks, you can take karma if you are AFK long enough and the person messing with you have time to waste.

If you put /target %self at the end of macro, you are pretty much safe (yet to see someone take karma with this at the end of macro, but technically you could depending on how bad your macro is, and how long the guy is willing to spend).

Heres how;

Imagine your macro looking like

1. /nexttarget

2. /useskill

3. /useskill

4. /useskill

5. /useskill

/6. pickup

The guy messing with you take karma by PKIng a pet, doing this will not increase his PK "stat", and gives very little negative reputation, he can easily kill a monster to lose karma (or maybe use a reputation scroll? if they work out of floran).. anyway

He will pull you away from all monsters to make it easier for himself, then..

At #2 of your macro, he will shadow chase you, or in another way make you lose your target, after that he will simply hit you, this is game mechanics and you will automatically target anyone hitting you if you have no target.

Because of him making you lose your target then hitting you, you will target him & macro will jump to #3, #4, #5 etc.

Now since he is red, you will attack him even if you dont use a force macro, and if he times losing his karma with your skill cast (killing monster, use rep scroll (if possible)) you will take PK/Karma if unlucky.

Putting /target %self at the end will make it harder for him since you will always retarget yourself & he have to make you lose your target over and over, but it is not 100% safe either.

Long story short, never leave your macro unattended.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:41 AM, Conguero said:

In the latest game update a new UI setting has been added to allow players greater flexibility in finding intended targets using macros. As many players have avoided using Next Target in macros for this reason, we want to make sure you know about this new customizable functionality. Specifically, if you want to make sure you don’t accidentally attack another player who’s Hostile to you, we recommend you update your macros to use Next Target for targeting Monsters in the world.

As detailed in the maintenance notice, here are the new Next Target UI options available:

• Set Next Target behavior feature added to - Settings -> Game Play
    • Target to Taunt: Same as previous Next Target functionality
    • Monster: Targets Hostile Monsters only (excludes NPCs, Hostile PCs, Pets, and Servitor)
    • PC: Targets hostile PCs only (excludes NPCs, Hostile Monsters, Pets, and Servitor)
    • NPC: Targets friendly NPCs only

By utilizing this updated functionality, players should be able to avoid instances of unwanted PvP while using macros. Of course players are still responsible for all of the actions of their characters, and any consequences that result, whether using macros or not.

8 hours ago, KKKm said:

If you are there your character will not get pk . But you ppl leave your characters afk 24/7 . They sayed multiple times DO NOT LEAVE AFK ON AUTO MACRO MODE YOUR CARACTER . But no you ppl will still leave them afk because in the end of the day who cares what neutron sayes or who cares what is illegal you will still do what you want ! The new next target functions are  to reduce the chance of flagging . But they don’t eliminate them . So they are working as intended .

@KKKm they are not working as intended. In fact, nothing has changed with them. All the update has done has added the drop down menu in the UI of the options window. The actual mechanics of this update have not been implemented yet. It's still just as easy to be engaged in instances of unwanted PvP while using macros to quote @Conguero.

Just as I posted in the Public Service Announcement on AFK Macros thread. Not fixing this is going to kill the game. You can act all high and mighty all you want about not macroing afk, or maybe not macroing at all but the fact of the matter is there are already a limited number of players on this game anyways. Not fixing this properly and people losing their gear constantly is going to drive them away and you're going to be stuck with the 3 people on this game that actually ONLY play LIVE.

Good job NCSoft. Thumbs up to you! It only took 15 years but you finally killed L2 :P

Edit: Removed inappropriate line ~Conguero

So is there anyone who can explain the problem? As I understand, even after the update to the /targetnext, even if we use the - monster only target option, we still target players and PK them as easy as before? 

12 hours ago, Znipo said:

Just want to warn everyone that regardless of how your macro looks, you can take karma if you are AFK long enough and the person messing with you have time to waste.

If you put /target %self at the end of macro, you are pretty much safe (yet to see someone take karma with this at the end of macro, but technically you could depending on how bad your macro is, and how long the guy is willing to spend).

Heres how;

Imagine your macro looking like

1. /nexttarget

2. /useskill

3. /useskill

4. /useskill

5. /useskill

/6. pickup

The guy messing with you take karma by PKIng a pet, doing this will not increase his PK "stat", and gives very little negative reputation, he can easily kill a monster to lose karma (or maybe use a reputation scroll? if they work out of floran).. anyway

He will pull you away from all monsters to make it easier for himself, then..

At #2 of your macro, he will shadow chase you, or in another way make you lose your target, after that he will simply hit you, this is game mechanics and you will automatically target anyone hitting you if you have no target.

Because of him making you lose your target then hitting you, you will target him & macro will jump to #3, #4, #5 etc.

Now since he is red, you will attack him even if you dont use a force macro, and if he times losing his karma with your skill cast (killing monster, use rep scroll (if possible)) you will take PK/Karma if unlucky.

Putting /target %self at the end will make it harder for him since you will always retarget yourself & he have to make you lose your target over and over, but it is not 100% safe either.

Long story short, never leave your macro unattended.

Hi dear Znipo, are the /target lesser giant w (like this) in gc 100% safe macro? Farming with next target last month and after see this pk bugs in forum, I'm scared and change to /target  :D I dont care if someone pk me or even make me flag and kill me I m scared to lose some item by pk-pet-bug lol I'm using new system option choosing "monster", I'm Othell !!!

My Macro atm:

1. /target Lesser Giant W     (like this can target recoverys and normal lessers warrior/wizard giants and idk if can give me some problems with lose items)

2. /useskill critical wound

3. /useskill shadow chase

4. /useskill blood stab

5. /useskill chain blow

6./useskill flash bluff

7./useskill shadow reverse

8./atack

9./useskill blood stab

10./target %self

11./useskill shadow hunter

12./useskill mortal strike

@Conguero why not just officially declare that forced PK crap as bannable offense ?

You guys did that with dragging Raidbosses to town (many years ago, when ppl. could still drop on normal death) and if my memory serves me right also with RB buffing.

Just do it again and stop those idiots from abusing this crappy gamedesign to their advance.

14 hours ago, KKKm said:

5 hours ago, OneDayDelete said:

@KKKm they are not working as intended. In fact, nothing has changed with them. All the update has done has added the drop down menu in the UI of the options window. The actual mechanics of this update have not been implemented yet. It's still just as easy to be engaged in instances of unwanted PvP while using macros to quote @Conguero.

Just as I posted in the Public Service Announcement on AFK Macros thread. Not fixing this is going to kill the game. You can act all high and mighty all you want about not macroing afk, or maybe not macroing at all but the fact of the matter is there are already a limited number of players on this game anyways. Not fixing this properly and people losing their gear constantly is going to drive them away and you're going to be stuck with the 3 people on this game that actually ONLY play LIVE.

Good job NCSoft. Thumbs up to you! It only took 15 years but you finally killed L2 :P

Edit: Removed inappropriate line ~Conguero

Game as you say is not dead at all . Ppl who force pk you do it because you are afk and on sutch a game you are not supposed to be protected . There are other games that you loose everyhing upon dying and they are super highly on population . Personally if they ever make the game that way that you can farm unmolested outside town I will quit game the same day . Because what’s the point if you can’t pvp ( due to chickens in this game ) and can’t pve ( because pepople simpme doesn’t want to compete and share , ) anything in this game that doesn’t have to do with top clan or top players . They have no idea about game mechanics , cry in here 24/7 wile they are on there afk macro since first day they joined the game , doesn’t want to compete at anything because they say competition is 2 high and more or less they don’t want to do something that it’s not offered to there plate ready . So my suggestion in here introduce the pk button  witch somebody can cast it on you with the casting time of 5-10 min and after this skill is been casted you get 5 pks at once !

Lets say the truth for just 1 time.

Afk macros were introduced since korean devs realized that to afford a billionare game with events that require more than 1k +$ ppl need to work and to get to 105 only with fishing it would require 7.5k+ $ and almost noone even the rich ones would spend that amount of money.

So the devs let the "poor" players exp while working.

It's clear that the game mechanics don't allow this kind of exping and the game format (a constant pvp) doesn't allow it either.

So the solution is pretty simple.

1st create zones where pk is impossible and zones where pk it is.

2nd whoever wants to exp afk while beeing in zones where pk is allowed they are doing that at their own risk.

That beeing said someone can't compare his personal experience, buying an account and get to 104 without killing a single mob but dragons without beeing banned who knows why, to a normal player experience that has to grind daily to reach 104 in 5 to 13 years.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Hi

As I said above - there is technically no safe macro, your macro would be easy to abuse if they give it some time, way too many skills.

Safest macro you can use is simply;

/target lesser giant W

/delay 0.1 (instantly move to next line, rather than have delay of ~0.5-1 second)

/useskill shadow chase

/delay 0.1

/useskill critical wound (will automatically normal hit after this, no need to add /attack in macro)

/delay 5 (time to kill)

/target %self

/selfbuffs

/target %party1 

/target %party1 (2x in a row)

Will target #1 party member on your list - this person should be stationary in middle of monsters or so, so your char never leaves the area to cause you headache, best solution would be a dead party member so nobody can pull him..)

Above macro I would be willing to bet is 100% secure, put any more skills in it & it becomes not secure.

Guys ... Really ...
It's really simple .. When a toon DON'T HAVE TARGET if he got 1 hit. He will target instantly who attack him. If you are on macro, away from any mob. The next target will not work, because there no other target. So the macro will going to the attack lines. And will attack this one that you targetting.

Simple. The new next target don't change this. Why don't you understand this ? You are all 2 years old or what ? That's working like that since years and years already ...

This pk on afk macros is  legal.  Some one has to make Post with legal Scamming ways.  I guess is more exploit ho can be used to get reach without donation.  Lets  keep server free of bots :D .  Don't go afk  if you not in town....

"First and foremost, while the Automated Macros system in Lineage 2 was designed to be robust enough that players can streamline certain elements of gameplay, it’s not built to be a bot tool. In fact, target macros are intentionally kept very simple to prevent any complex automated gameplay. Regardless of how creative and comprehensive your macros are, it’s expected that you’re using them while actively playing or observing your character at all times. You’re responsible for all of the actions of your character and there is no separate policy to protect you from any potential consequences you may face while AFK."

You can find more details on the Support Page or on the Official forums

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Hi dear Znipo, are the /target lesser giant w (like this) in gc 100% safe macro? Farming with next target last month and after see this pk bugs in forum, I'm scared and change to /target  :D I dont care if someone pk me or even make me flag and kill me I m scared to lose some item by pk-pet-bug lol I'm using new system option choosing "monster", I'm Othell !!!

My Macro atm:

1. /target Lesser Giant W     (like this can target recoverys and normal lessers warrior/wizard giants and idk if can give me some problems with lose items)

2. /useskill critical wound

3. /useskill shadow chase

4. /useskill blood stab

5. /useskill chain blow

6./useskill flash bluff

7./useskill shadow reverse

8./atack

9./useskill blood stab

10./target %self

11./useskill shadow hunter

12./useskill mortal strike

Your macro is bad... if the mob you target is far from you - the first few skills will not land for sure.

37 minutes ago, Vassy said:

Your macro is bad... if the mob you target is far from you - the first few skills will not land for sure.

I am aware, but if you put a long delay between shadow chase/critical wound it will not be secure at all, too long window to mess with. :)

Shouldnt be an issue tho - i rather miss one monster than drop my gear. haha

45 minutes ago, Znipo said:

I am aware, but if you put a long delay between shadow chase/critical wound it will not be secure at all, too long window to mess with. :)

Shouldnt be an issue tho - i rather miss one monster than drop my gear. haha

I would put

1. /target Lesser Giant W 

2. /attack 

3. /useskill critical wound

some target %self and some /nexttarget( mob only) after it.. skills ...

:D anyway

There're a lot of possibilities and all must be tested and with all you should not leave your char afk for long time for many reasons:)

Archived