Trade cancel hack scam

Profe

There is a new type of scam at hot spots in game , when you trade with someone those bot chars using hack cancel your trade and give their trade to other guy .. that happens only when someone start trading not otherwise  ... and yes I was scamed. Im not here to cry it is my fault and I’m done! Just want everyone to know about this ... So dissapointed from all this scamers cheaters boters they ruined this beautyfull game ........ Good game Bro....

15 hours ago, Profe said:

There is a new type of scam at hot spots in game , when you trade with someone those bot chars using hack cancel your trade and give their trade to other guy .. that happens only when someone start trading not otherwise  ... and yes I was scamed. Im not here to cry it is my fault and I’m done! Just want everyone to know about this ... So dissapointed from all this scamers cheaters boters they ruined this beautyfull game ........ Good game Bro....

Well if the trade gets cancelled, you should check the items traded again. It's entirely your own fault.

This scam goes like this:

You teleport to monster arena, and want to trade items from main char to your boxed buffer. So you send trade request from buffer, ALT+TAB to main and accept the trade. However, just a fraction of second  before that some other player (in my case with nick "qb") sends you trade request too, so in fact you accept trade from him, not from your buffer. You give items you want to trade, confirm, ALT+TAB to buffer and now you see you made a terrible mistake.... I lost Lesser Giants Hammer +4 this way, wanted to trade from my spoil to my craft, but this scammer just traded me right in that moment, so i had no reason to believe im not trading with myself.

I also submited a ticket, but as i expected, support will not help you in this case, they say the I should pay more attention. I dont believe they even bother to punish the scammer, which is really the sad part of this story.

Ah ok I definitely understand better and unfortunately I also have no sympathy and don't feel like ncsoft should interfere at all. It was a careless mistake on your part and the scammer isn't breaking any rules. Don't get me wrong, it def sucks especially since it was an OEd weapon. I would take this as a learn from your mistakes and thanks for warning the community.

25 minutes ago, Shreekz said:

Ah ok I definitely understand better and unfortunately I also have no sympathy and don't feel like ncsoft should interfere at all. It was a careless mistake on your part and the scammer isn't breaking any rules. Don't get me wrong, it def sucks especially since it was an OEd weapon. I would take this as a learn from your mistakes and thanks for warning the community.

I would at least appriciate if they ban the scammer, i dont think this behavior is good for community, or in real life.

Because everyone is skroutz thats why! the other guy said he lost hammer +4 because he felt for that scam BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO PAY 1.1K FOR THE MAIL LOL ! well i am not even sad and even if u want to give more items which wont worth to pay 5-7k for 1 mail then go somewhere in the whole arena track where u are u and your box! not next to gk lol

22 hours ago, PoloCelas1 said:

I would at least appriciate if they ban the scammer, i dont think this behavior is good for community, or in real life.

They have no grounds for any kind of punishment. Didn't break the Eula for requesting a trade. 

Worst thing is not that someone give you random trade he dont spam trade to everyone, worst thing is they use some hack tool that activate only when you start trading. They mess with the ingame activity

11 hours ago, Profe said:

Worst thing is not that someone give you random trade he dont spam trade to everyone, worst thing is they use some hack tool that activate only when you start trading. They mess with the ingame activity

If they rly use 3rd party program they break the eula and in that case NCSoft SHOULD take some actions. Hard part is that to prove they did use the 3rd party program.

AKA: He did not look who he was trading with. Someone traded with him when it looked like he was going to make a trade with his alt/main and he did not look. So he traded his stuff to some lucky rando. Nobody broke any rules by trading with this guy and him not reading. Nobody is using any magical software that allows you to 'hack' something as people are describing. 

Sucks, and very understandable to make the mistake.  Also, the player did not break any rules, a scumbag for sure, but not a ruler breaker by any means imo.

I rarely trade gear anymore, mails are much more secure since you can pull the recipient from your friends list.  Take it as a tough lesson.

Now I do have the habit of accidentally mailing COD things without the COD part.... :D

That same character wanted to do the same thing to me on repeated occasions, but without getting it because I'm already quite seasoned in
 those scams.

What I would like to point out is that it is clearly a bot, it is an automated system external to the game, so at least the pseronaje should be
 banned.

On 04.01.2019 at 2:06 AM, Profe said:

There is no any bug. I't simple - you just ported at mdt and started move from port spot, when scammer see your movent from port point he's target you and send trade. This place is very popular for trade goods from one char to another and it's easy logic you move for make easyer target your char for send trade. I had a lot of trade requests on my chars when i did class transfer quests and used mdt as buff base. So there is nothing against game rules or bag using.

That isn't a hack or a cheat, but it's good to let people know to be aware and guard themselves.

If a bot is assisting it, honestly it doesn't matter much, because you could do the same thing manually just as well

The bot is the part against the rules, not how it's being used.

I’ve been afk in MRT a few times alt tabbed, when I came back 20-30 mins later, I had a “request trade” window pop up.  I wasn’t trading anything or trying to.  Which means there’s also either trade bots or just scammers spamming trade on people.  It’s basically like fishing, they throw the line out into the water, and hope they get a bite.  1/1000 tries might land them a weapon or armor.  It’s about as good odds as in game drop rates.

Archived