They Need to put up Enchant % Rates for items.

Lelleth

Do you guys agree? I feel like we're all wasting money on different events because they're not being honest with us. I mean why do other countries get success rates for items and we don't? This relates to every event. My honest opinion is I think they wont do it ever because once people see how low they are.... No one would really buy S***. Tell me your thoughts.

Funny thing about human nature. There are some who want to know the enchant odds. There are others who don't.

I suspect telling the Lineage II player base that something can't be done, or is nearly impossible to do, will only encourage them to try anyway. Many will fail in these events, as they always have. But just one success more often than not proves to be a guiding beacon...not a warning light.

No doubt, knowing that an enchant has an extremely low rate of success will affect NCSoft's bottom line for a given promotion. People may not buy as many items.

But the assumption here is that everyone has the same number of opportunities to enchant something, which they clearly do not. There are top enchanters in game who get handed tons of items to enchant for free from their fellow mates. Those are the individuals that will have the successes. They will be the ones whose clans will grow in power because they've had multiple chances to succeed. And they'll be the powerful foes with all the top gear that will lord over the servers, despite complaints from the lesser geared masses. 

By all means, sure, tell us the enchant odds. But don't be surprised if those little quirks in human nature manifest to drive sales anyway, no matter how impossible an enchant may be.

7 minutes ago, GhostShadow said:

Funny thing about human nature. There are some who want to know the enchant odds. There are others who don't.

I suspect telling the Lineage II player base that something can't be done, or is nearly impossible to do, will only encourage them to try anyway. Many will fail in these events, as they always have. But just one success more often than not proves to be a guiding beacon...not a warning light.

No doubt, knowing that an enchant has an extremely low rate of success will affect NCSoft's bottom line for a given promotion. People may not buy as many items.

But the assumption here is that everyone has the same number of opportunities to enchant something, which they clearly do not. There are top enchanters in game who get handed tons of items to enchant for free from their fellow mates. Those are the individuals that will have the successes. They will be the ones whose clans will grow in power because they've had multiple chances to succeed. And they'll be the powerful foes with all the top gear that will lord over the servers, despite complaints from the lesser geared masses. 

By all means, sure, tell us the enchant odds. But don't be surprised if those little quirks in human nature manifest to drive sales anyway, no matter how impossible an enchant may be.

I get your point of view but it would be nice to know to see if NCsoft is messing with enchant rates to sell more items or not. It would give them more accountability. reason being is it seems that with every new event that comes out the success rates have dropped even more but there is not evidence of this due to we do not have a base line % rate. I believe they're are withholding this info to make more money off of players forcing them to buy even more items to enchant or upgrade items. Like you said it doesn't stop people but at least people would know the odds before dropping serious cash.  

Of course. Having specific detailed information is never a bad thing. Especially for perennial promotions that we get every year.

But I don't see it as the big "gotcha" moment that others do. No, usually the "tell" is when you look at the price of the offerings -- and sometimes the quantity -- and notice that we're being charged more than the previous year event and getting less. :D

25 minutes ago, GhostShadow said:

Of course. Having specific detailed information is never a bad thing. Especially for perennial promotions that we get every year.

But I don't see it as the big "gotcha" moment that others do. No, usually the "tell" is when you look at the price of the offerings -- and sometimes the quantity -- and notice that we're being charged more than the previous year event and getting less. :D

I guess either way "WE" the players are getting screwed lol:D

Edited by Lelleth
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mixa said:

It's a gamble, but since there is no law in the US to force them to put up the rates, they won't.If you can't handle the gamble, don't buy.

Why do you respond to every post when you don't know wth you are ever talking about, this IS the United States and there ARE laws requiring success rates to be available.  NCSoft is trying to treat their "events" as something other then gambling so they squeak thru the cracks, and it's working, for now.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mixa said:

It's a gamble, but since there is no law in the US to force them to put up the rates, they won't.If you can't handle the gamble, don't buy.

Its not about handling the gamble lol. Even the lottery gives you your odds lol. Wow you're totally missing the point.:D

• Amraith changed the title to They Need to put up Enchant % Rates for items.
5 hours ago, Degus said:

Why do you respond to every post when you don't know wth you are ever talking about, this IS the United States and there ARE laws requiring success rates to be available.  NCSoft is trying to treat their "events" as something other then gambling so they squeak thru the cracks, and it's working, for now.....

Sure, show me a US law where it states that the game publishers must disclose the odds on anything at all...

Unless you can provide that, I'm considering you a troll and lame.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, mixa said:

Sure, show me a US law where it states that the game publishers must disclose the odds on anything at all...

Unless you can provide that, I'm considering you a troll and lame.

@Mixa instead of seeing all ur post that always defend ur Company, you would even try to have sense of the concept.

Who is invited to buy their gambles pack with a lot of real money, dont be angry, need to know exactly % success rate and decide to try the risk or not.

And btw, stop finish this prank story of Korea Random, it sux hard, enchants expecially now for cloacks are prohibitives for most of users.

I've bought my Legendary Elmore+10 +5% pve dmg 4mouth ago from a privateshop in aden, 35bils. Hey, was before cloaks rates much betters? now we are chickens with NcClever that ninja lowers rates and nobody know?

oh C'MON.

Edited by XXCatania_EtnaXX

4 hours ago, XXCatania_EtnaXX said:

@Mixa instead of seeing all ur post that always defend ur Company, you would even try to have sense of the concept.

I'm not defending anyone here, least is ncsoft. You just don't understand what I'm saying and reading only what you want to read. Now it you like the facts or not, that's whole other story.

if I remembered correctly, Juji used to help us by doing real world test... enchant odds... those were great!  But I know NC recently messed with OE odds and I've never seen any community test by moderators or staff to help us out because the cost to come up with mathematical probabilities would be out of reach of any sane human's wallet, no matter how rich they are lol.

Edited by GhostintheShell
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

Mixa is kinda right, don't think there's a law that forces them to show the rates. Besides you might find the rates in some other websites as they are mandatory in Korea. (at least the ones that involve paid items) 

They could get in trouble for underage (gambling). Its technically considered gambling as Mixa has so eloquently put it. If someone got lawyers involved I'm sure they would have a hard time saying that it wasn't considered gambling lolol:D. I could be wrong though. Some companies are above the law you know lol xD.

13 hours ago, Harperz said:

If it would be real gambling, some lawyer in the US would have already claimed millions from ncsoft.

It's possible they already have and no one knows it. Companies settle cases all of the time outside of court without details ever seeing the light of day due to nondisclosure terms of deal. So NCSoft cut us a fat check and we won't blab. :P

18 hours ago, Lelleth said:

"Gambling is defined in numerous ways, but requires betting or wagering on an outcome that is at least partially based on chance, and done so in order to win something." 

^_^

Gambling requires a way to cash out. Not to mention that you're buying ncoin and boxes, not directly with $$$, therefore you're getting what you're paying for - ncoin and a box. You also don't win anything in this case.Now try to apply the gambling definition to that, please.

Edited by mixa

exactly..

gambling requires a payout, and ncoin has no value..

It just shows how laws are behind the times, as they slowly catch up to situations such as NCSOFT.. and they will.

NCSOFT just gonna milk it while they can.

As seen with attendance event, just lame items that dont even promote the game.. Should be 7day dragon items, different cloaks, god jewles... would have promoted pvp against top players for a short term, disrupted the norm and even tho those items are out of reach for most players, would of given them hope to someday be competitive.. 

Sadly no, NCSOFT as everyone knows is not so smart, just greedy.. 

ncoin has no value huh?  there's no market for these items outside of adena?  get real!  People are making a living off this game and I don't mean  ncsoft.     If the items weren't trade able that be 1 thing.  ex:  you open a loot box and get a forgotten book.  That book is worth 2$ usd, why, because that's what they charge w/ ncoin.  So if you're buying a box for lets say 5 dollar and you win a forgotten book, you gambled and lost, REAL WORLD MONEY!  ncoin has no value?  tell that to my credit card when I refuse to pay it because what I bought doesn't really exist.  As of now, the US does not have laws for loot boxes requiring odds, but it's being looked at.  Enchantments, that gets even trickier, not sure where that falls.

p.s.  there was even a promoting where they advertised a top prize and even gave it a monetary value, gg. 

• Like 2

When they manage to pass a law against loot boxes being classified as gambling we will see what happens, now you could try a long run and jump on the wagon that pvp is a esport then the fact of buying items would to influence such sport and people paying real life money to buy such items from other players(as payout of such gamble) then and only then you might get something under the wire act or something else.

but any of those require you contacting a lawyer and try your luck, until then ncsoft wont do anything to hurt it's profits.

It would be nice not only for them to release the success rate of many things but also show a track of how many players have succeeded to obtain the item and also add an official wiki to everything l2 related, all it requires is a little of effort and care from someone inside ncsoft to push these things, changes can be made by 1 person even if the organization culture is shit.

• Like 2