Live Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, April 23, 2020

Hime

There were 8 servers atleast before as I remember. What we have now? 2 servers full of boxes and bots. There are more farmers than real players. For sure "stacked" ppl have nothing to do with this ofc.

Edited by Geo22

Nonsense. That trashdragon killed me a few times in isle of soul and I never stopped going there. It was much better when I farmed 250kk in an hour there than going there and spending an hour to do 80kk. It's not because a guy gives you a random PK that you have to stop going there.

6 minutes ago, Ribah said:

I agree that what they did with IOS is not a good thing. And i understand why ppl are frustrated. In the same time there are people that were in IOS and got bullied by said "big boys" because the ones that don't  kill mobs with one or two shots don't count. And because of this kind of behavior there will always be just those 30 top players. There is no room for others to grow. 

Edited by RasgaTanga
  • Like 1

It's not like it's impossible to farm like 100m/hr even now. This is the same for few other regions, so we just got aligned with these.

Also buy 5 passes and farm 6hrs there, easy 500-600m a day.

2 minutes ago, mixa said:

It's not like it's impossible to farm like 100m/hr even now. This is the same for few other regions, so we just got aligned with these.

That s nothing when they were used to farm 15b per day ofc.

10 minutes ago, mixa said:

let me give you some advice.... 5 passes is 350 NC coin.  you can buy other items for 350 NC coin and sell for 700m adena, and save yourself 6 hours and make a better profit,

your welcome. 

• Like 3

On 4/24/2020 at 9:15 AM, P1xz said:

@Geo22 so if those 30 people played for lets say 10 years and they are stacked and some newbie just joined the server coming in can't farm there so they should maybe give them better items too. That's your logic for those people who spent 10 years on this game?

The point is that there is no mechanism in game to catch up.Ucan farm 20b a day in stronghold if u are stacked player like ishmila or u need to go fishing there is no midle ground. Everyone speaks about farming 100kk/H butt that simply not true

I agree that top players must have a profit because of time and money spended, but ... not so big discrepancy. Average players must have any reason to play too! They can t see any RB for example atleast ... they have been farmed for years by same "stacked" ppl.

23 minutes ago, Srelock said:

The point is that there is no mechanism in game to catch up.Ucan farm 20b a day in stronghold if u are stacked player like ishmila or u need to go fishing there is no midle ground. Everyone speaks about farming 100kk/H butt that simply not true

I dont know who said i make 20b a day, i was only making 5b a day lol.    you guys pull these numbers out of no where,  I know ONE person making 20b a day, and another making 15b a day. prob the rest is between 5- 7b a day . 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ishmila said:

let me give you some advice.... 5 passes is 350 NC coin.  you can buy other items for 350 NC coin and sell for 700m adena, and save yourself 6 hours and make a better profit,

your welcome. 

Well it just still comes back to the same issue : u have to go through l2 store to generates adena... nowadays the game basically creates nothing... it's supposed to be a MMO for god's sake !

49 minutes ago, Ishmila said:

First time in the history of L2 there is a way to farm adena without cheating or loading 20 clients to do so.   and you all scream bloody murder that its possible to do . 

Manor system, farming AA, leveling soul crystal, crafting, spoiling, fishing, farming raid boss or even killing bot with fake death in catas ... there's always be plenty of way to generates incomes by gaining valuable stuff...

Actually i think it is how a MMO should work and it is precisely what L2 fails to do today... all the runes in the world won't change that.

1 hour ago, Geo22 said:

Probably they will have a surprise from those "stacked" ppl.

Interesting perspective. I'd be careful making sweeping generalizations. Not every well-geared character is a villain, or some grifter who blurs the EULA with tinted lens.

NCSoft is more than welcome to review my "stacked" character. They will be bored, however, as all roads that explain how I got that way lead directly back to NCSoft, my over a decade of playing the game, and, yes, all of the time and promotion driving USD that I put into this game.  

There really is no debate here. We all agree that adena drops should be higher than they are presently. How NCSoft arrives at that is totally their call, but it needs to happen and soon. There will no doubt be downstream issues to increasing adena drops and access. The remedy to that is to sue the pants off of anyone profiting from NCSoft's IP. It's as simple as that. All of the other draconian measures to control the game only hurts players. All players. Obviously, the impact of that will hurt those of modest to lesser means much more than it will the rest.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, mixa said:

Mixa, I appreciate your point, but the math simply does not work. Players sell the recharges for 120-150m on Chronos. It would be imprudent to go there knowing that you will realize -20m to -50m deficit expenditure. That is not including your normal overhead of shots, pots, entrance fee, etc. Even if you buy the recharges from the L2 Store at 70 Ncoin, your overall slim profit margin  does not justify going to IOS instance. Further, consider the lost opportunity cost of conducting business that way. L2 is many things, but it favors some degree of intellect and common sense in its players. 

26 minutes ago, Ishmila said:

I dont know who said i make 20b a day, i was only making 5b a day lol.    you guys pull these numbers out of no where,  I know ONE person making 20b a day, and another making 15b a day. prob the rest is between 5- 7b a day . 

Full disclosure, if I had 4-5 more archer alts, and if all I wanted to do with them is IOS for 5-6 hours a day, I could make 20B a day. But it's not happening. I have a life. And I don't like seeing my utility bill skyrocket behind some game. :D

1 hour ago, Ishmila said:

your welcome. 

This is your own choice if you want to make adena that way or the other way.Also you get 60 minutes free, no need to buy passes, pure profit.Also calculating NCoin price to Adena ratio is seriously broken.If RMT is your thing, that's whole other story.

If this doesn't fit your bill, you must realize how it does fit others.

13 minutes ago, GhostShadow said:

Mixa, I appreciate your point, but the math simply does not work. Players sell the recharges for 120-150m on Chronos. It would be imprudent to go there knowing that you will realize -20m to -50m deficit expenditure. That is not including your normal overhead of shots, pots, entrance fee, etc. Even if you buy the recharges from the L2 Store at 70 Ncoin, your overall slim profit margin  does not justify going to IOS instance. Further, consider the lost opportunity cost of conducting business that way. L2 is many things, but it favors some degree of intellect and common sense in its players. 

If there is no such high demand for passes due to the broken adena rate, the passes would be half the price or smth like that.Then the bill will start to add up properly :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mixa said:

If there is no such high demand for passes due to the broken adena rate, the passes would be half the price or smth like that.Then the bill will start to add up properly :)

Ha ha! Not quite. Half the price is what we pay for the recharge stones via the L2 store. (They only cost 70 Ncoins.) No one sells anything from the L2 store at 1:1 price. That's simply not how the market works. There's always a mark-up. xD

24 minutes ago, GhostShadow said:

Ha ha! Not quite. Half the price is what we pay for the recharge stones via the L2 store. (They only cost 70 Ncoins.) No one sells anything from the L2 store at 1:1 price. That's simply not how the market works. There's always a mark-up. xD

Well I`m not being 100% specific, speaking in general.There are general economics like demand and supply that lead to price corrections etc.

1 minute ago, mixa said:

Well I`m not being 100% specific, speaking in general.There are general economics like demand and supply that lead to price corrections etc.

Well, yeah, that and let's be honest...player greed. Nothing fuel L2 market like rampant price gouging. Like I always say, the market is just PVP by other means. :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mixa said:

Please tell me which region has a 30-40k base adena rate like we do.
Have you considered the price of 5 passes and consumables(2roses+1emperor per hours) needed? I make more than 200 per day today and its still net negative after considering costs.

Edited by KeepDreamiN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geo22 said:

I agree that top players must have a profit because of time and money spended, but ... not so big discrepancy. Average players must have any reason to play too! They can t see any RB for example atleast ... they have been farmed for years by same "stacked" ppl.

You contradict yourself, this is precisely the reason why Isle was such a good thing. If you exp long enough and invested some initial money in the store you were able to farm some decent adena even as a mid tier player in Isle. This is no more, now you go back to the old way of having to be a farmer (like you so dislike) and having thousands in gear to chase world rbs and or cursed swords OR to pay $ endlessly in the store.

Thanks but no thanks, I wont be supporting such choices, I would love to be able to progress my gear with ingame means little by little and drop the occasional $ to participate in store events. As it is now, I canceled my subscription and will simply stop playing altogether.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeepDreamiN said:

Please tell me which region has a 30-40k base adena rate like we do.
Have you considered the price of 5 passes and consumables(2roses+1emperor per hours) needed? I make more than 200 per day today and its still net negative after considering costs.

For example Core and the other ru servers. And they do farm reasonable amount of adena there...

Anything else?

30 minutes ago, mixa said:

For example Core and the other ru servers. And they do farm reasonable amount of adena there...

Anything else?

Core has 100-120k base rate for Isle and with premium account (but their servers lacking a permanent rune like prestige rune), they average multiples of  the amount you wrote.
Anything else?

Edited by KeepDreamiN

41 minutes ago, KeepDreamiN said:

Core has 100-120k base rate for Isle and with premium account (but their servers lacking a permanent rune like prestige rune), they average multiples of  the amount you wrote.
Anything else?

Try again. No vitality or PA = 40k.

Really, anything else?