PK System

Kurisu

Whats the idea behind the new system of pk?

Why if u kill a pk he can "revenge" you?

Why you have to PK a clan member with declared war ? 

I see more ppl PK than flagged, its the new meta on l2? 

Is there a chance to make more profit the pk system? im talking about something to promote the kill of pks, no just let them farm relax after they slaughter some alts.

• Like 3

Update:

Why this isnt happen? ppl pk and count  "pvp"

PvP

PVP is increased to the winner when both characters fighting have names in purple.

Pk farm and get exp/sp :S

Increase: In case of a Chaotic Character, Rep. is increased when hunting monsters or when the character is defeated. Rep. can be increased up to 0. During this time, the player will not be able to receive XP or SP.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 8:58 PM, Kurisu said:

Whats the idea behind the new system of pk?

Why if u kill a pk he can "revenge" you?

Why you have to PK a clan member with declared war ? 

I see more ppl PK than flagged, its the new meta on l2? 

Is there a chance to make more profit the pk system? im talking about something to promote the kill of pks, no just let them farm relax after they slaughter some alts.

I totally aggre this, there are too many non sense and wrong things with the PK System in this version, i heard some people with 0 pk/pvp counts got pked and lost items, it doesn't have any sense. Is a totally abusive system.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chibiusa said:

I totally aggre this, there are too many non sense and wrong things with the PK System in this version, i heard some people with 0 pk/pvp counts got pked and lost items, it doesn't have any sense. Is a totally abusive system.

This is exactly what happened to me, some guy PK me a couple of times,, and one of them i lost my Clock of Protection, wich is actually an item we can obtain by paying if you lose the one you get by "gift" or events. As you cna see i had to pay almost 500k to recover my items without even have a PK/PVP count or karma/reputation. This is totally wrong.
Shot00121.jpg

• Like 6

The day you guys will understand that nothing is going to change, you will stop wasting breath and time after it. 

The PK system is not changing and wont be changing for a long time, there's no plan for at least the next 6 months.

Also, what's the difference with C4 penalty where you were dropping items if dying by mobs (even if white) and here where you drop items only if, eventually, killed in a PVP? (it's not a PK feature, it's a PVP feature, you have chance to drop even when dead in a normal pvp).

Oh yeah the difference is that you are able to gain back the item paying a lil fee instead of losing the item forever.

• Like 1

The PVP system is  the most stupid system in any game ever, already getting  people to leave as the high levels are leveling alt toons, and just wiping out areas they wanna farm, need a REAL penalty for PVP, not this stupid basically no penalty for PVP, the game now just supports to PVP.

• Like 6

The Pk system is just another way to squeeze money, why the dying party should pay to recover it's items? in the live servers this does not happen anymore, hasn't been so for years now, so why bring it back?... well to squeeze your wallets nothing else, so as long as it is a revenue stream (no matter how small) they will suck it out of you. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Oestemnet said:

The Pk system is just another way to squeeze money, why the dying party should pay to recover it's items? in the live servers this does not happen anymore, hasn't been so for years now, so why bring it back?... well to squeeze your wallets nothing else, so as long as it is a revenue stream (no matter how small) they will suck it out of you. 

this is what make more sense of all explanations, for real.

• Like 4

Can't agree more.

PK system here on server makes no sense whatsoever, apart from sucking cash out of wallets of players.

1. Pay for dropping items while being the afk victim

2. Encourage pk by class skills (death knight) and while doing that encouraging players to spend more cash on gear

3. No punishment for "chaotic state" encouraging players to pk other players levels way below theirs

Before you say bla bla, this is pvp server...yes...but...

DO NOT confuse PVP with PK.

I have no issue with PVP, either in oly or sieges or clan wars or wherever else where players are actually intentionally  participating in the fight.

• Like 7

@Juji@Sunshine @Hime  @LIMEYou guys need to do something really fast with this fail PK System, it's abusive, the PKs are seriously not let people even try to get into the game, they are making your server, the one you spend hours and hours to make it playable, unplayable, they are attacking against the server durability. People are not enjoying the experience because of these people. I don't mean not let them PK, but at least they must think twice before PK, reputation system should be a little harder, this thing that white pleple with 0 PvP/PK loosing items, and experience is just no sense, what do you think will happen the first time a low lvl person dies and lost an item because he gots Pked by some abuser 80+? They will quit the game, just the way many people is getting tired of tolerate this broken PK/PvP system. Clan wars are there for some reason, but they rather go around the low lvl zones killing everyone they can, that is directly goes against the server population.

And before some random comes to answer "someone gots angry cuz get PKed" no, im already high lvl, but i see everywhere how abusive players disrupting the game experience for most people by killing people. I got low lvl friends they are tired already, and im sure there are a lot of other people in the same situation.

• Like 3

pk is not the same than pvp. this fail pk system dont let any player play the game and @Juji u should know this system allow those abusive players monetize the game with real money as they do with pets for example. pk'ing players trying to get atingo, then sell the pets for l2coins and then sell those l2coins for real money. 

we need an answer. its unfair some "players" use this game as real work for get real money because the pk system dont have any penalty for pk players. 

• Like 2

Easy test: just go run around lvl 58-70 maps and you'll see tons of dead people, because every hour there are PK 80+ just going to kill everyone they see. 

You can't just simply let this happen on a game with automatic farm/lvling system, is just not sustainable. PK in old L2 was OK because :

1.- You actually got a risk for your toon to get PK, once you get too much karma you even rather to lose that chars instead keep playing on it, and god forgives you if someone reahc to kill you you may lose everything.

2.- Old L2 was not an AFK game as it is right now, we usually were alert of what happen with our chars, we were farming by ourselves, that's why the party system was popular, you need active buffe,r active healer and avtive DPS doing whatever they manage to kill mobs.

3.- PK was the last option. Before you go for PK someone, you try to flag them anyway possible, or just send war, but now even when people send war they just don't get other clan must ACEEPT to start the war, they actually believe send war = you can kill them.

You can't just pretend your old systm fits the new featuries you bring to the game, is not compatible anymore, specially when there are people abusing of the failures on it, and making the game unplayable for low lvl people, and more important high lvl players in 100% PVE mode. It doesn't have any sense you are the one who lose items and tons of EXP and time by being killed by a PK. Just NO, he should be the one risking more, not the white names ones.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Minaco said:

Easy test: just go run around lvl 58-70 maps and you'll see tons of dead people, because every hour there are PK 80+ just going to kill everyone they see. 

You can't just simply let this happen on a game with automatic farm/lvling system, is just not sustainable. PK in old L2 was OK because :

1.- You actually got a risk for your toon to get PK, once you get too much karma you even rather to lose that chars instead keep playing on it, and god forgives you if someone reahc to kill you you may lose everything.

2.- Old L2 was not an AFK game as it is right now, we usually were alert of what happen with our chars, we were farming by ourselves, that's why the party system was popular, you need active buffe,r active healer and avtive DPS doing whatever they manage to kill mobs.

3.- PK was the last option. Before you go for PK someone, you try to flag them anyway possible, or just send war, but now even when people send war they just don't get other clan must ACEEPT to start the war, they actually believe send war = you can kill them.

You can't just pretend your old systm fits the new featuries you bring to the game, is not compatible anymore, specially when there are people abusing of the failures on it, and making the game unplayable for low lvl people, and more important high lvl players in 100% PVE mode. It doesn't have any sense you are the one who lose items and tons of EXP and time by being killed by a PK. Just NO, he should be the one risking more, not the white names ones.

You are 100% right, can't find anything else to say or add. Old system with new features, of course there will be problems, now is time for creator to find a way to cover the failures.

• Like 3

I really dont understand this PK system, they go to farm zones kill players that are afk farming cant really kill them cause they are 5+ lvl higher than you and the excuse is "this place is for two players farming" what bullshit is this? man im trying to enjoy the game, level up to play with other clan members doing raid bosses and eventually participate in wars, siege and what not but the experience that i'm having is that high level players pk lower level players to let their pets to farm free there and nobody can do something due to lvl difference. What about a 5 lvl protection on pk? one that i can't be pked by someone lvl 75 and im 65 which is totally unfair

• Like 3

18 hours ago, xavix said:

I really dont understand this PK system, they go to farm zones kill players that are afk farming cant really kill them cause they are 5+ lvl higher than you and the excuse is "this place is for two players farming" what bullshit is this? man im trying to enjoy the game, level up to play with other clan members doing raid bosses and eventually participate in wars, siege and what not but the experience that i'm having is that high level players pk lower level players to let their pets to farm free there and nobody can do something due to lvl difference. What about a 5 lvl protection on pk? one that i can't be pked by someone lvl 75 and im 65 which is totally unfair

This is exactly what i meant, low lvl people is being abused by the 80+, i know there is a protection for being PK in gatekeeper, but is just until lvl 70, what about people from 70 to 80 who are being pked by 86+ ppl everyday every hour in all zones? They are loosing exp, items and time. The game is AFK farming, you can't pretend this behavior on your game, you are offering an experience that is being totally corrupted by the people who thinks they own the server, and gues what, those are also possible costumers of your currency by rela money, so start toshow some care about this situation, it's been uncontrolable last days, specially with the new red items from the puches.

• Like 2

the pk system on this server is killing the game, many are not playing because of these players who think the server is theirs, and those who suffer most from it are those like me who don't put the finances of a lifetime in one little game, nc doesn't care about their free to play players sometimes it seems like they just want the server full of rich people ready to play the game.

• Like 5

About a week ago I started playing, the game system caught my attention because I don't have much time to enjoy the experience of L2 like before, but at lvl 60 I realize that it is full of players who take advantage of their lvl to kill everybody on lvling areas because the penalties are not high. I don't know how many times I've been in Plains of Glory or War-Torn Plains being 60+ and characters that are like 10 lvls above have killed me, so I can't even take revenge on them, they one-hit me. 

Today I logged in and in the first 5 mins I saw 3 PK 80+ killing all the players around me in War-Torn Plains, they didn't kill me because I had Blessing of Protection active. We need a good penalty for PKs so they stop the abuse, at least Blessing of Protection with 5+ lvl protection and usable by characters 70+ and new zones to lvl up. It's a shame but finding this flaw (and several more, thanks to the forums) now I'm thinking about leaving the game, and I don't think that I'm the only one thinking that. 

• Like 1

PK its part a game. Nothing to change. Not sunhine, not Juji, no one of NA l2 team dont help you, how you dont understand it? Not in this question, not in other matters related to changing mechanics, locations, items, drops, and so on. It's not in their power.

Watch out for charms, do not leave them unattended.
And if you go to bed or to work, leaving the character unattended on the exp be prepared that he will be dead on his return. How did you decide that you will always be 24/7 exp and no one will ever touch you?

Literally 6-7 months ago, the resurrection cost 100 l-coins at a one time, so no need to whine that you feel bad, can you imagine how it was before over the years? Peoples spend 1000-2000 Lcoins per day just for a res.  And resurrection for adena did not exist at all