Introducing NC America & New Community Management

Wissp

• L2 Team

Greetings, Lineage II Community!

Allow me to reintroduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to reconnect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to reintroduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Lineage II.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Lineage II

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

At the risk of being banned from the forums.

We saw this already Wissp, we even saw you saying the exact same words, answering a couple of handful post and then disappearing. Why would we think this time it will be different?

Glad to hear the updates will be done in a regular schedule... But at what cost? The community is damaged already. Everyone was expecting an anniversary event at the anniversary date just as a way of escape from the worst promotions we were getting... and it was delayed, a whole month.

To be honest, I hope this change is for the good, yet we can't stop comparing ourselves with the rest of regions getting way better promotions and not punishing their player base, just for the sake of it.

Do you want to recover a bit of the trust? Be transparent as you claimed you will be the last time... talk about dates, talk about events, talk about rates... Tell us why we have a lack of features already present in other regions...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Game has been in free fall for a long time. Until i see the first NON PAY 2 win events and honest communication its gonna be a lost cause to me.  Im back playing because l2 is more of a habit to me. I have zero faith until i see actions (plural - many actions not 1)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wissp said:

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to reconnect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to reintroduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Lineage II.

Kindest regards,

Wissp

thank you @Wissp contratulations on the promotion to community manager, you deserved it.

Hi @Wissp

I am glad to see you again.  We need changes as fast as possible. As you can read I give many feedback's, advises as many others long playing players here that cares.

One part is that all upgrades from Korea must come fast. But this is only basic move. We need that you reflect of our need on weekly basis. And this is not only new coming events or promotions. The game itself must improve to attract new and old players. If we invest time, effort and also money we must take same rewards back. For months we are pissed by NC. Game itself give very less. Effort is barely rewarded (no drop, low chances for everything). If you and your staff red our several post and polls and feedbacks, you saw that game is here totally broken. Please communicate weekly what is preparing, what you communicate with HQ Korea. As I advice in past, weekly  and monthly schedule for events is also appreciate.  If need advice, ask community. 

@Wissp

Want to build good faith lets start some of the simple questions and see how you do

1.  Where were you for the last 6 months when the community was without a manager and @Hermeswas covering?

2.  You said you were going to play a nuker to see the issues with the game without gm powers... how that go how far you get?

• Like 2

• L2 Team

I understand the frustrations and skepticism being discussed in this thread. In the newly formed NC America, I will have a much better line of communication with the individuals working on the game than ever before. The one thing I can promise you is that the feedback I receive on these forums, and from all of our communication channels, will be delivered accurately to convey your opinions, suggestions, and sentiment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wissp said:

Kindest regards,

Wissp

"Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before" Well That will be REALLY easy as you have LITERALLY, NEVER, achieved that goal. 

"Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II" l We gave 5 pages of feedback when you asked for it 6 months ago, NOTHING was taken from that feedback. 

If you would truly like to make our experience more enjoyable here are some thoughts: 

1. We don't mind loot boxes, what we DO mind is your rates as they are NOT accurate. Make the US servers like Korea and Japan, Make prices reasonable (your current prices on everything are INSANE, you need to drop prices by about 75%) when you say a 10% chance and we haven't received anything from that box at number 9, then it needs to pay out at #10 .. be fair.. you are not, and haven't been to US players. 

2. Stop starving the server of items, your starvation increases prices FAR beyond what normal players can afford, and I'm not talking afford in game, Im talking REAL LIFE. You should not have to choose between rent, or taking a gamble at an item in a video game. Games are supposed to be FUN, L2 is and has not been fun in years.  Starvation of items also keeps the rich rich and the poor poor. PVP suffers as only 20 people actually have similar gear in order to pvp, the rest of the server? Those 20 may as well be Gods in comparison. Forget balance, that ship sailed YEARS ago, but no one should be able to one shot an entire clan for 50 million damage, this is due simply to overwhelming gear discrepancy.  If gear was cheap, most whales would have 10 geared toons, the money would still be spent. 

3. lower the bar for entry SIGNIFICANTLY, if someone wants to simply be able to play the game, they need 4-5 forgotten skills, that is on average $1000 for EACH on a good day, that's 4-5 THOUSAND dollars to have a BASIC playable toon without gear. Don't you think its pretty outlandish to require a new player to dump 5k into a character (and that doesn't count its subclass) just to START your game? The books drop in game? yes, with the current drop rate, from Zero, it would take you 4-7 years if you just leveled your skills through drops. 

4. Explain things. It doesn't matter if we agree or not, just EXPLAIN WHY so your player base has a chance to give feedback or come up with better ideas, or even *gasp* AGREE with you once we know. A great example is.. WHY DO WE NOT HAVE BASIC ITEMS LIKE GREATER RUNE STONES? And WHY HAVE YOU REFUSED TO RESPOND to posts with 2k+ views and comments about it? 

5. Rein in your forum moderators, THEY GO WAAAAY OVERBOARD. We have a LEGAL right in the Untied States of America to post negative reviews and comments about a company and products via the Consumer Review Fairness Act. As many players here have spent THOUSANDS of Dollars on your product, when your moderators remove negative reviews, they are repeatedly breaking the law. 

6. Stick to your OWN Eula: Players are expected to stick to the EULA, many times your GM's simply choose NOT to adhere to your own EULA, and their reason is simply, "we don't have to". If you expect your players to abide by your "contract" then you should also abide by said contract. Some legal advice that you wont take, when you break your EULA, you've in essence rendered that contract null and void for your players. They way this game has been run the last decade, this should worry you and your legal team. 

7. We have about 10-15 posts a week in Forums, responding to 15 posts a week, if you TRULY are telling the truth and want to engage with your players, as a Community Manager, interacting is literally your JOB. Answering 15 posts every week would take you less than an hour. This without a doubt should be your NUMBER ONE priority. 

If you don't have "time" to answer 15 posts a week, then no, no one here is going to take you, or your post above seriously. 

• Like 6

Hello, humble opinion from a returning player (I played in 2020 when the COVID started). I understand that this is a business and they need to make a profit, but I believe that 1. Improving the Prestige Pack to make it more widespread, 2. Lowering prices will incentivize bulk sales rather than focusing solely on millionaires (who will still spend thousands anyway). I think it's acceptable to spend perhaps $30 to $50 per month on NCCoin, no more, and learn from other regions. The current website appears somewhat mediocre, and even though EU has fewer players, it is appreciated for its better quality. Greetings from Chile.

• Like 2

In my humble opinion ..... most of the players are so far behind that to be at the level of Korea and Japan they should start flooding the servers with items tomorrow ....

and that's not going to happen...so we're talking about years to be at the level...and I'm sorry I've been here since 2010 and I'm a little tired...

I will continue playing as long as I can ... but I no longer expect anything from nc west ... forgive my discouragement and there are many unfulfilled promises

If you launch a good event with a lot of item drops... keep in mind that there are people who take 200b out of adena per week, they will buy them and empty the market again to return to hyperinflation of prices so the drop has to be constant not only in an event ..... if not it is useless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wissp said:

I understand the frustrations and skepticism being discussed in this thread. In the newly formed NC America, I will have a much better line of communication with the individuals working on the game than ever before. The one thing I can promise you is that the feedback I receive on these forums, and from all of our communication channels, will be delivered accurately to convey your opinions, suggestions, and sentiment.

We hear that before from your forum nickname "our feedback will be delivered to correct channels"

And where is real @Wissp they get rid of him and gave someone his account? That a bit shame..

5 hours ago, Wissp said:

Kindest regards,

Wissp

First of all, I would like to welcome this new phase of NC, changes are always difficult but necessary.

I want to apologize in advance, as the level of frustration of the players is very great, as well as the skepticism.

Because the vast majority like this game.

We know that it will not be easy to implement severe changes and that everything must happen gradually, for the proper functioning of everything.

One suggestion that might help with understanding is to create a forum with active players, preferably representing each of the classes in the game, to start by balancing the classes.

There is a need to listen to the community, implement the changes quarterly, as well as the replacement of this "customer council" giving the opportunity for new players to present their understandings of improvements.

Finally... I wish you and the entire board much success in this new phase, I put myself at your entire disposal if I can be useful.

Success!!!

• Like 2

@Wissp I sincerely hope that after this announcement that you and your team, as well as NC are truly behind your words.  If not, that will be the straw that broke the camel's back.  There is a reason why players are disillusioned.  In fact, there are many reasons why.  But the biggest reason why is because we no longer have lines of communication that function.  The vast majority of gamers are tech savvy, information savvy, rely heavily on data, and truly want to enjoy the experience.

I can't speak for everyone that plays, just myself.  Having said that I believe that what players want most of all is something I and others have mentioned.  That is, "reasonable rewards for reasonable effort."  It doesn't take a degree in physics to figure out what that means.  Nobody is going to be motivated by making no progress for months on end.  It should cost us the equivalent of a nice night out on the town for most, or a pair of concert tickets for others, to be able to enjoy the game.  It shouldn't cost us the equivalent of a car payment or even a mortgage payment to realize advancement in a "game."

So a few suggestions.  Fix the drop rates.  Nice items should drop at a higher rate than "0".  Fix the enchant system because you broke it.  It's worse than the lottery.  Reintroduce regular free events that can actually drop useful and needed items.  And finally, provide decent information on the game.  The vague information that is provided right now is useless.

The bottom line is this ... all we want is for you and NC to do the right thing for the fans of this game who have stuck with you for half a lifetime.  Is that so hard?

• Like 1

@Wissp 

How to Postulate for the job, the 17 years of knowledge i have playing this game will make you'r life easier to understand what the community and game really need,  and guess what, im looking for a job! thank you :D 

On annother note,  much things have been said,   but the game itself is working "properly" except for some mechanics that some ppl abuse but the main issue the game has is the management of events/promo,   this is 90% of the job.  The revenue can be so BIG for ncwest but for that to happen, promo's have to deliver the stuff we been asking not for months, but years, in order to progress and "close the gap" between players,    so the game get more competitive and fun after all.   Free events (ofcourse not rewarding like paid promos) but still rewarding help to build a "Happy" community in order to make the game environment more enjoyable.  most ppl seek for Achievement, progression,  not just opening the wallet, its a game,  people if they are happy, they will spend money, its NcWest,  Many ppl have the money , just make the things correctly and it will be fine.

IF you need help on that Reach me. i don't want to brag or whatever people will think,  just trying to make the game we "like or love" more enjoyable for everyone after all.

And hi to the new Staff,  and special shoutout to  @GM_EVA, many answers recently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, iAndouille said:

@Wissp 

How to Postulate for the job, the 17 years of knowledge i have playing this game will make you'r life easier to understand what the community and game really need,  and guess what, im looking for a job! thank you :D 

On annother note,  much things have been said,   but the game itself is working "properly" except for some mechanics that some ppl abuse but the main issue the game has is the management of events/promo,   this is 90% of the job.  The revenue can be so BIG for ncwest but for that to happen, promo's have to deliver the stuff we been asking not for months, but years, in order to progress and "close the gap" between players,    so the game get more competitive and fun after all.   Free events (ofcourse not rewarding like paid promos) but still rewarding help to build a "Happy" community in order to make the game environment more enjoyable.  most ppl seek for Achievement, progression,  not just opening the wallet, its a game,  people if they are happy, they will spend money, its NcWest,  Many ppl have the money , just make the things correctly and it will be fine.

IF you need help on that Reach me. i don't want to brag or whatever people will think,  just trying to make the game we "like or love" more enjoyable for everyone after all.

And hi to the new Staff,  and special shoutout to  @GM_EVA, many answers recently.

@iAndouille I think you would do a good job of balancing the game and some of the mechanics.

You might even like Austin.  :D

@Wissp noone believe you any more you said the same when you first cane to game . You don't hear the players problems and you don't give any solution to that just only overpriced events with zero rates. Ncsoft don't gives the same rewards that other region have and we need the store that others have .

Disconnects / lag / change rr server time during DT / Bots do w/e they want 

I playing this game since 2006 and no GMS  online nothing  ,people sent tickets  and problems still exist 

Maybe you must start  hire people that have played the game and stop all these new GMS names you put we know that all these people are not exist .

12 hours ago, Wissp said:

Kindest regards,

Wissp

@Wissp Congratulations !!! 

I wont lie i am skeptical with big words but in good faith i believe that you want to improve the game we all love.

Hi,yes yes @iAndouille you search a job on NCWest....but  you have you own fault like other big players have same on Chronos or Naia,where big people become greedy and buy cheap and make the market more expensive for us. And second same big ppl who control the market they have big hand on blackmarket...and u can say make a prove but is nice  some top ppl to have a discord chanel where they sell items for real money,all know this and  your friend exe is top on that...but if staff will to a little search they will find the true....

@Wissp the only thing u can change is to make good events where we can get stuff to advance our characters,and if will be more stuff for us then will be a big punch for  guys who are  selling thing with real money and i can say giving us more items on events will be a big win for your company you will see.Sorry for me english ,and i hope me post will not be deleted is just me opinion.Thanks,I hope you a eassy job with us  @wissp.

• Like 2