Introducing NC America & New Community Management

Wissp

Welcome to the team then...but with all the respect, what do you do?
Copy the changelog of the patches and paste them to this forum? Ok, but can't they script that?
I don't see any GM doing anything else other than posting changelogs and apologies.
Then you said about conveying the messages of the community, can't the stuff of nc west read themselves?  Don't they already know the situation? If not, what do they do?

15 hours ago, Wissp said:

I understand the frustrations and skepticism being discussed in this thread. In the newly formed NC America, I will have a much better line of communication with the individuals working on the game than ever before. The one thing I can promise you is that the feedback I receive on these forums, and from all of our communication channels, will be delivered accurately to convey your opinions, suggestions, and sentiment.

I do not want to sound harsh because that would turn against me, same thing happen with Sace or whatever was her name. I got banned for telling as they are.
The truth is what the facts are, even this lead to another ban.

I left the game back in 2019 because I got sick and tired having my class overlook or even worse, nerfed. That class is wynn spectral summoner. Any news on when the new update will arrive? Nope.
There an "event" running. It gives nice pots and thank you for it. But the event is poorly executed! What good are the Freya's scroll pots without vitality? None at all.
I do not expect to get Greater Rune Stone(s) but i would expect to be able to use the pots! At least remove their expiring time if you can't provide a vit maintain pot with it.

Anyway, goodluck with your new job! I am sorry again if I sound harsh, nothing against you.

1 hour ago, ikanair said:

Stop the Catfishing by listing items that don't drop in box !!!! 🤬

That is the entire business model, show all the great things in a box, then make it near impossible to get any of them! Again, in other countries they don't have this problem because their are laws that prevent it. Them doing it here is them knowing its very poor form, but not caring because there is no law that prevents them from taking advantage.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Galador said:

@Wissp I sincerely hope that after this announcement that you and your team, as well as NC are truly behind your words.  If not, that will be the straw that broke the camel's back.  There is a reason why players are disillusioned.  In fact, there are many reasons why.  But the biggest reason why is because we no longer have lines of communication that function.  The vast majority of gamers are tech savvy, information savvy, rely heavily on data, and truly want to enjoy the experience.

I can't speak for everyone that plays, just myself.  Having said that I believe that what players want most of all is something I and others have mentioned.  That is, "reasonable rewards for reasonable effort."  It doesn't take a degree in physics to figure out what that means.  Nobody is going to be motivated by making no progress for months on end.  It should cost us the equivalent of a nice night out on the town for most, or a pair of concert tickets for others, to be able to enjoy the game.  It shouldn't cost us the equivalent of a car payment or even a mortgage payment to realize advancement in a "game."

So a few suggestions.  Fix the drop rates.  Nice items should drop at a higher rate than "0".  Fix the enchant system because you broke it.  It's worse than the lottery.  Reintroduce regular free events that can actually drop useful and needed items.  And finally, provide decent information on the game.  The vague information that is provided right now is useless.

The bottom line is this ... all we want is for you and NC to do the right thing for the fans of this game who have stuck with you for half a lifetime.  Is that so hard?

@Wissp this here pretty much sums it all.

i do believe in 2nd chances but you guys in the past have an habit of droping the ball each time you needed to do something to fix the game state or improve any aspect of it.

that being said, welcome back and i really wish this is the beginning of a new era. otherwise i can assure you its gonna be the final nail in your coffin. ;)

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 8:02 PM, Wissp said:

Greetings, Lineage II Community!

Allow me to reintroduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to reconnect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to reintroduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Lineage II.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Lineage II

Here we go guys !

- Increased mob difficulty

- Lowered adena rewards

- Lowered drop rate

- Lowered xp from mobs

- Increase price on L2 store items

- Other changes will be witnessed by the few that are hanging on.

All this will come after a small,nice and missleading event.

Seen it before @Wissp @GM_EVA and i bet my (still running on) level 3 ruby and level 3 red cat !

On 5/26/2023 at 3:02 PM, Wissp said:

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to reconnect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to reintroduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Lineage II.

Kindest regards,

Wissp

You cant create a stronger and vibrant community without trust and sorry to say you have little of that left in the community.  Do what you were supposed to do before. read the forums list the issues and SHOW us what you are going to do about it. There is no lack of information here so do this and MAYBE we will believe you

Oh and P.S. @Wisp

FIX THE PLAYERS SKILLS. We've been asking to fix skills so they land in pvp for close to 4 YEARS. NC Soft west BROKE pvp skils when they introduced god jewelry, which is why Korea and the others don't have the same problems we do.. so FIX THE SKILLS.  PVP skills should land and when they don't, it should be a surprise. This would balance the server BIG TIME, because titans and DK's would be able to be locked down by clans, instead of them going 1 versus 12 and winning. It also would make support classes SUPER IMPORTANT AGAIN.

23 hours ago, Saw said:

Hi,yes yes @iAndouille you search a job on NCWest....but  you have you own fault like other big players have same on Chronos or Naia,where big people become greedy and buy cheap and make the market more expensive for us. And second same big ppl who control the market they have big hand on blackmarket...and u can say make a prove but is nice  some top ppl to have a discord chanel where they sell items for real money,all know this and  your friend exe is top on that...but if staff will to a little search they will find the true....

@Wissp the only thing u can change is to make good events where we can get stuff to advance our characters,and if will be more stuff for us then will be a big punch for  guys who are  selling thing with real money and i can say giving us more items on events will be a big win for your company you will see.Sorry for me english ,and i hope me post will not be deleted is just me opinion.Thanks,I hope you a eassy job with us  @wissp.

Looks like you have an issue with capitalism.

Nice to hear from you all staff, absolutely this community should be next to you all from NCWest.

This game is kind unique that`s why people quit and come back after years. 

And because this game is unique the normal mmo concepts, such as  p2w formula ecc doesnt fitch here.

You need internal staff member playing this game, understand our goes and frustration to really understand what we fell. 

"In practice, the theory is different." so please, stop to apply apply here what external mmo expert consultant are to say and hear your community.

I would began trying to resgating the old C4 gold times concept and apply the new concepts to the new reallity.

This game was simply like have a weapon, armor, craft and farm. Maybe make this game simpler would be better.

Talking about simplicity, game progression should be as simple as farming and crafting.

To be strong, the player should have time to farm or have money to buy the item directly and/or buy boosts. So simply like 1)or you have time 2)or  you have money.

Make us win some times (rise box rates) and make our money worth. If I expent $100, $200 on this game I wont to be stronger than before and offen when you expent that ammount you get absolutely nothing and makes tha black market (illegal marketing) be stronger.

Cheers,

• Like 1

@Wissp first things in order should be ...    Upcoming patches and events should NOT appear 2hrs before Maintainance, give your player base a Headsup. Team NC America  should be using a calendar and plot the years events  so this transparency i keep hearing about  can be believed .IT shouldnt be .. .OH crap what event are we planning this week, then get your team working on it, ask your community what they would like to see,  make the Calendar a fixed guide where 2/3 red libra's and thats it for the year split evenly. Put some thought into events, listen to player base , pass on NC Korea exactly what the community needs here , like alot have said without the GM shop, we dont have access to items for over needed upgrades  and the gamble within a gamble loot boxes either needs to stop or make the percentage indicated reflect true . 

ADD some new clan quests  this is where  RUNESTONES and GREATER RUNESTONES should be rewarded.. if u have too, make them account bound but also add an npc that can convert real items and the clan items to mix ,currently they dont so most  private wh have 4 runestones they will never use, as a clan reward as they arent enough.

Bring back factions ... they help Clan Building , this seems to be forgotten 

Make every item on entire account tradeable via dimension , (still unable to RMT) its take us years to build these toons up and u expect your community to buy everything x 7 per account , if they want to  play an iss one week and a DD the next   people that spend billions to get a top aug dont want to remove it so they can trade it to another toon on same account  or a new class comes along and they have to delete a toon on the account along with gear that cant be account traded 

A big question for me is whats with Multiple potions of same type that cant stack ,filling up our already limited inventory volume, isnt it time we get this issue addressed  and time potions with deletion timers .. an idea i thought about is since we run these potion events all the time is  , make them timer deletion less but have them a stack limit  and it cant exceed the stack limit .

theres alot of other  ideas out there  i truelly hope team NC America does listen to their community base  there is a plenthora of gamer experience amongst us and we are all willing to help make this game we love more loveable !

ps  ORCS  need a boost  :P

regards karnival

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Karnival said:

Make every item on entire account tradeable via dimension , (still unable to RMT) its take us years to build these toons up and u expect your community to buy everything x 7 per account , if they want to  play an iss one week and a DD the next   people that spend billions to get a top aug dont want to remove it so they can trade it to another toon on same account  or a new class comes along and they have to delete a toon on the account along with gear that cant be account traded 

This.

We expend import money of our live ($100, $250, $500, $1000) and we want to have "equity" if possible let us trade it between our accounts or alts.
And again, if I invest $100, $250 ingame, let us win.

If its possible, please stop to do "untradable items".
This is to fix something that was supposed to be managed and for some reason became "critical" and you made not tradable to no broke the game.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:02 PM, Wissp said:

Kindest regards,

Wissp

I give you a challenge to either accept or not. Its been noted in the forums multiple times. YOUR servers are exceptionally unstable, this results in disconnections. There are a few instances where this impacts the community, Dethrone when summoning a fire and Olympiad.  It wont take a rocket scientist to fix the issues but will take you guys to actually look at the dynamics which may be harder for you as you are not aware of many of the dynamics that are in the game. Fix this and maybe you will get some credence to this reinvention of the company we all call NCFAIL.

• Like 1

The community has no trust in you.  We know you can change prices on loot boxes quickly and change drop rates just as fast too. Drying up drops everywhere and making things unfarmable should never have happened. 

We need many items in game and yet you dry up all available sources like the greater runestone, splendor fragments, artifact fragments etc.  Not even in a loot box can anyone even get one.  You need elcyum to upgrade gear and yet it would take over a week on a level 5 fishing pole to make 1 elcyum. You take away all fishing events and no way to get the fancy fishing pole now either. Everything leads up to having the einhansad shop where all other regions simply buy what they want.  

Make this game enjoyable again! Many have left because of these issues and after a year of waiting many have left the game!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SaoriRiko said:

I don't want to come to the defense of Nc West/America

but they delete the posts if they are insulted or there is talk of leaving the game... I know what I'm talking about, I have six warnings for insulting

And I realized guys that when I insulted the one who lost we were all since we lose credibility

I think we should be critical... yes, but without insulting.

by law they need to accept positive and negative feedback

9 minutes ago, SaoriRiko said:

I don't want to come to the defense of Nc West/America

but they delete the posts if they are insulted or there is talk of leaving the game... I know what I'm talking about, I have six warnings for insulting

And I realized guys that when I insulted the one who lost we were all since we lose credibility

I think we should be critical... yes, but without insulting.

They cannot handle the truth of out of players mouths. Criticizing them for lack of actually doing something and just giving us lip service is a literal slap in the face. Its been months, nothing has been done and they nerfed things even more. For instance drop rates, even having a paid drop rate rune doenst give any more drops than a box with none. Decreasing drop rates and decreasing enchanting rates was already well noticed and they closed their eyes and looked the other way.  We know they can do something but simply wont and give us empty promise lip service.  I waiting for this post to get deleted for speaking the truth @Wissp

Hello @Wissp and congratulations for the promotion.

I really hope this works out for you and you are able to perform as promised here.

It wouldn't be appropriate to predetermine your performance in the new role, however we are having low expectations as you can see.

Support team has been treating us randomly, with no respect for the rules and for the same case, many times players received different treatment and case resolution.

On top of that, in the past months, cases such as https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/25799-lag-disconnection-issue-survey-your-help-is-needed/ just went to the archive, without ANY type of compensation for the people that provided information and were heavily affected for more than 3 weeks, non stop. You need to understand that we do not beg for compensation only to get freebies, but to reinstate the balance and make up for the lost time of gameplay.

I will not repeat the issues our fellow players have already stated, but rest assured that we are all anxious with how the game is progressing and we feel cheated from the events, promos and prices.

cheers

Congratulations on the promotion @Wissp here's a suggestion for every promo you put out you make a 20 minute live stream and open 5k boxes each time and show us what we can get when we buy the boxes!
Because from the last 3 promos looks like  from the 40 rewards we can only get the 12 ....