3 client limit per machine not needed?

Karigan

P.S.
Legitimate servers only have one account. 1 pc
West has 3 so it's private, because he changes account limits, all changes, e.g. drop rate, etc. That's what I meant earlier ;)
west is crap, everything converted to l2 store.

6 hours ago, McByczek said:

The original server only has one account. Original rates.
illegal servers have all they want. The rates they want.
So don't confuse the concept.

you are talking nonsense mate. The "original" server had no limit, you could play as many accounts as you could afford.  At $15/month

This is @Juji post that introduced the "temporary" 3 client limit to live

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/14638-known-issue-server-latency/

Hi all,

As you may have experienced, our servers are currently impacted with high latency. At this time, we have disabled character creation and will soon be implementing other temporary measures such as the 3 client limit while our teams actively continue to resolve the issues. There may also be additional unscheduled maintenances.

We understand the game experience has been less enjoyable due to the latency and we are planning to remedy the trouble after the issues have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 11:53 PM, Mete said:

This is @Juji post that introduced the "temporary" 3 client limit to live

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/14638-known-issue-server-latency/

Hi all,

As you may have experienced, our servers are currently impacted with high latency. At this time, we have disabled character creation and will soon be implementing other temporary measures such as the 3 client limit while our teams actively continue to resolve the issues. There may also be additional unscheduled maintenances.

We understand the game experience has been less enjoyable due to the latency and we are planning to remedy the trouble after the issues have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience!

@GM_EVA How long does 'temporary' take? The temporary measure was introduced August 15, 2019

3 minutes ago, Sharlanna said:

Oh yea, lift the account limit so you guys can log in even more alt bots!!!!!!!! That would be a very bad move!

that would be a small portion of players and actually it would do good in the server economy. F2p players level mentees and sell pantheon passes for adena, the lack of mentees has screwed part of the economy.

1 hour ago, Sharlanna said:

Oh yea, lift the account limit so you guys can log in even more alt bots!!!!!!!! That would be a very bad move!

like I said in another thread, it makes no difference to me. $150/mini pc to run 3 accounts is no problem for me, already bought 2 and running fine.

Lowbies/F2p rely on running multiple windows to fish/level mentees/supply the economy (with passes, elcuym etc)

You remove that you screw over the economy and those trying to F2P and are low level/low equip. You are basically removing their only source of income ingame

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mete said:

like I said in another thread, it makes no difference to me. $150/mini pc to run 3 accounts is no problem for me, already bought 2 and running fine.

Lowbies/F2p rely on running multiple windows to fish/level mentees/supply the economy (with passes, elcuym etc)

You remove that you screw over the economy and those trying to F2P and are low level/low equip. You are basically removing their only source of income ingame

and all that goes out of the window cause with einshand coins most of this items will have fixed price

us for f2p players ncsoft has shown in many ways that they dont realy want them

i dont wanna be that guy but the business model is not made for F2P player and it will never be the case....you try it for free and then if you like it and want to progress you will have to invest...thats just the way it is...you will manage to get some things done by farming but you definitively need to drop in some ncoin at some point... this debate as been around for ages...in the end if you dont like the way the game rolls for your play style? there is surely some others that will fit your needs...just my 2 cents ;)

p.s the enhassad store is probably the best thing that will happens to this game and if priced correctly will help everyone easing  up a bit the gearing up at earlier levels. :)

• Haha 1

I think you guys will get a pretty big disappointment with EInhasad, it doesn't really sell all that many items

tbh there's only a few items Korea/Japan einhasad has that current l2store doesn't. Basically cloaks and scrolls up to +10 (in Japan)

oterwise, in Japan, Einhasad sells FB1s for $0.75, ncoin sells for $1. And the pricing will depend 100% on what conversion rate NCWest sets for Ncoin -> Einhasad. Japan is $30 per 400 Einhasad. I 'm pretty sure we will get the really expensive version, like we always do.

The benefit of Einhasad is certain events we couldn't get, while every other territory could

26 minutes ago, Mete said:

I think you guys will get a pretty big disappointment with EInhasad, it doesn't really sell all that many items

tbh there's only a few items Korea/Japan einhasad has that current l2store doesn't. Basically cloaks and scrolls up to +10 (in Japan)

oterwise, in Japan, Einhasad sells FB1s for $0.75, ncoin sells for $1. And the pricing will depend 100% on what conversion rate NCWest sets for Ncoin -> Einhasad. Japan is $30 per 400 Einhasad. I 'm pretty sure we will get the really expensive version, like we always do.

The benefit of Einhasad is certain events we couldn't get, while every other territory could

u realize that other is ncoin and other einshand(can be traded on new AH too)

45 minutes ago, Mete said:

i checked the other region and it does not have anything important, when they first added it, you could buy lv5 gems, and many more things, now its just what you say, cloaks ( non legendary ofc), you can enchant them, but cant trade them.

passes, conumables etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 1:11 AM, Mete said:

As predicted, the Einhasad shop is a major disappointment

We pay $40 for what Korea/Japan pay $30 ( 400 Einhasad Coins)

And we get the most limited Einhasad Store of all territories (Lineage II | Einhasad Shop Introduction (lineage2.com) )

The game in this territory is doomed, unless we get  a management team that actually login to the game and understand our economy

• Like 1

IMO should be 3 client per pc, maybe 1 per pc:  reason, it's very obvious certain individuals are exploiting this today, and is rumored many of them have found a solution around the 3 client limit already and they use a certain applications in violation of the EULA to increase their FARM, their automated porting to sword drops (same greedy script as before replaced for sword), keep seer's placed all over the map to automagically report back where enemy's are, basically to gain unfair advantages in game. 
i think the solution is simple, keep the strict client limit or address those violating the eula. Make the game fair for all.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I just discovered that there is an illegal program (10 year of market !!!! omg) that bypass this limit. 

So, this decision tha limit 3 client per PC:

1. Funds organized crime (for 10 years!)
  2. Make us to spend more on energy to keep 2 computer on. I`m euro, we are in the middle of a war, did you realize that?
  3. and the list go on...

No drama, you can keep going with that decision but I really don`t understand .

In the end it's your fault, it's this kind of decision that 80% of our community cheat/hack your game, sell items with real money using your discord and you can find illegal companies around for 10 years.

Too late to change ?  

... I don't understand you at all. Might have something serious behind this....  

@GM_EVA @Wissp

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 8:58 PM, JonesRider said:

Hi, 

I just discovered that there is an illegal program (10 year of market !!!! omg) that bypass this limit. 

So, this decision tha limit 3 client per PC:

1. Funds organized crime (for 10 years!)
  2. Make us to spend more on energy to keep 2 computer on. I`m euro, we are in the middle of a war, did you realize that?
  3. and the list go on...

No drama, you can keep going with that decision but I really don`t understand .

In the end it's your fault, it's this kind of decision that 80% of our community cheat/hack your game, sell items with real money using your discord and you can find illegal companies around for 10 years.

Too late to change ?  

... I don't understand you at all. Might have something serious behind this....  

@GM_EVA @Wissp

damn.. inspector gadget at its finest

• 2 months later...

So, karigan and her bot crew and other bots from server won and can log 10 accounts on bot from 1 computer because of the spineless GMs and now server works like crap and breaks up. How about you GM guys buy a bit of spine and come back to 3 accounts per computer? if you dont wanna ban the shit team bots from Nova, FS and other clans. Would be lovely!