3 client limit per machine not needed?

Karigan

1 hour ago, SoniaTrevi said:

Well, I prefer that it go down to 1 amount only

and if you want more than one pay a monthly fee of 50 euros per account

This is how more active players enter and fewer multi-account players ... because I don't want to see saturated servers in free events and with a waiting list to enter as a pass in the past

you realise that 50$ subscription is going to drive 90% of the players away, right?

I do not have stats but the percentage of players that can afford to spend more than 100$ a month is low, some people do not have the money and others refuse to pay anything else other than 15$ for prestige.

They already have removed adena from low level zones, as some1 else stated, the game starts at 115. you either need to invest a lot of time or a lot of money to get 115 as it is, 1 client limit, would not allow you to fish/lvl up mentees, inherently killing the game.

please think before you post stuff like that.

2 hours ago, SoniaTrevi said:

and if you want more than one pay a monthly fee of 50 euros per account

LOL xD ...so detached from reality, unless you wanna play on an empty server with 30 ppl on..

Anyway, I find it amazing that  almost every issue that gets raised here ends up with other players suggesting or even demanding that NC West adds a new type of a paid service.

Logs 7 accounts LEGALLY
3 Naia accounts
then 4, 5, 6, logs Aden to character select, back to Naia select
7 account  Classic, I do the same to choose a character, then I go back to Naia
thank you super 7 characters full party

;)

4 hours ago, Connex said:

it would be nice not having to fire up 2-3 different pc's just for L2, a couple of giran shops, a few mentees and a main with your iss, you sort of need more than 3

no u dont need to fire more if u dont want to do it..

now if u CHOOSE to fire 10 other pc for l2 is ur problem not games..

37 minutes ago, fademist said:

no u dont need to fire more if u dont want to do it..

now if u CHOOSE to fire 10 other pc for l2 is ur problem not games..

you are an idiot.. there was a reason behind the restriction on live, Aden has 10 clients limit...

I have a vision of the game in which you shouldn't need 100 accounts to progress...

I know the game is free but do you think someone could log into these servers if there were no limits or if they allowed 10 or more accounts?

Do you seriously think they can log in 80%...

You know very well that there are people here 24/7 in front of the PC who get up and go to bed playing l2

Do you think that those are going to be sensible and log in only 10 accounts?

I still think the same 1 account

Tighten the turks to Nc Soft if you can't progress without more than 1 account n...it's not the players' problem, it's the administrator's problem😁

8 hours ago, McByczek said:

Logs 7 accounts LEGALLY
3 Naia accounts
then 4, 5, 6, logs Aden to character select, back to Naia select
7 account  Classic, I do the same to choose a character, then I go back to Naia
thank you super 7 characters full party

;)

try it and let us know how this works now. not last week , now

16 hours ago, fademist said:

and u r an exploiter .. now go cry somewhere else

what do you mean? you can launch 10 up to 3 for live, up to 5 for classc and up to 10 for Aden servers, that was in early 2022 unless they chnaged it

16 hours ago, fademist said:

and u r an exploiter .. now go cry somewhere else

ps you are still an idiot, you have no base for your argument nor your claim. I stated a fact, you on the other hand tried to call me something that is a bannable offense based on your feelings of me calling you an idiot because you cannot  have a rational conversation nor think logically.

i rest my case!

I guess we will see how many people knew of this and actually used it at the next attendance event, which will also impact the effectiveness of the event itself.

While I can understand the arguments of people asking for this restriction to remain for reasons regarding the gameplay of a mmorpg (eg. opportunity for supports or less equipped people to find party and progress) , I can't understand why this rule also has to apply to the economy part of the game, like setting up shops and fishers.

Even illegal servers found a solution to this problem many years ago, when you could set up offline shops, why does the official version of the game punish people who extend their gameplay beyond farming, and forces anyone who wants to explore every aspect of the game to buy additional laptops for such activities which have no direct impact on the active play?

24 minutes ago, Domi001 said:

I guess we will see how many people knew of this and actually used it at the next attendance event, which will also impact the effectiveness of the event itself.

While I can understand the arguments of people asking for this restriction to remain for reasons regarding the gameplay of a mmorpg (eg. opportunity for supports or less equipped people to find party and progress) , I can't understand why this rule also has to apply to the economy part of the game, like setting up shops and fishers.

Even illegal servers found a solution to this problem many years ago, when you could set up offline shops, why does the official version of the game punish people who extend their gameplay beyond farming, and forces anyone who wants to explore every aspect of the game to buy additional laptops for such activities which have no direct impact on the active play?

Offline shops would be great but you know how towns would look like with offline shops , game engine wont handle your teleportation to Giran :D and GPU wont have a chance to render everything :D 

when some people will put x10 accounts to "buy" DW weapon with message " WTS DW cutter pm nickname" in some older posts I was arguing with a guy over a free event as he had over 30-50 accounts "ready" to smash free kamaloka event so I can imagine how  offline shops and towns would look like :D 

Maybe a limit can be set to the afk shops also, or maybe another solution can be found, but it's getting ridiculous when you have to choose one between farming/trading/fishing even though the game pushes you to use all 3 in order to progress.

On the other hand, I doubt that guy with 30-50 accounts has any trouble logging them all in, even now after the fix :)

7 minutes ago, Domi001 said:

Maybe a limit can be set to the afk shops also, or maybe another solution can be found, but it's getting ridiculous when you have to choose one between farming/trading/fishing even though the game pushes you to use all 3 in order to progress.

On the other hand, I doubt that guy with 30-50 accounts has any trouble logging them all in, even now after the fix :)

Not sure how he did it, logging all at once or 1 after another,

But it was an issue which needed to be fixed , but about fishing I dont have a clue what kind of alternative they could implement , unless people would pay NPC 500kk and npc fishes for you  for 24 hours ?? idn some silly thing :D 

NC: Do you want to scare away new players? you come in and say, "Our servers are only for investors", why are you taking away the chances of people playing without spending money, The game is already extremely difficult, and when newbies find some way to get something in the game you go there and take it away. I know that who not ta think bad of this limit of 3 box are the well-heeled of the game,

The limit was put in place a few years ago in an effort to troubleshoot the severe lag (yes even worse than it is now) issues the game was experiencing. A lot of people rerolled off eviscerators b/c of the hit lag, etc. It was only meant to be temporary measure, however, here we are around 4 years later with it still in place. The server has moved to AWS now, and are more or less stable. I don't even know that the team that was working at NCSoft when the limit was imposed is still there? As stated above, the limit only hurts legit players while 3rd party program users bypass the limit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McByczek said:

The original server only has one account. Original rates.
illegal servers have all they want. The rates they want.
So don't confuse the concept.

the orginal server never had limits, maybe you are confusing official l2 with one of the "illegal servers" you played but since 2005, the only limit was how many clients your pc can handle!