Classic or Live?

Buddhita

Hi guys, i im new in L2 and I started playing in classic server. Now i have a Dark elf Shillien Oracle. But I see that the live server is the principal... it got the new things and a lot of more things

What should i do? Keep playing classic, or start in live server?

If I should start in live server, what class do you recommend?

Thanks

Both versions will be insanely p2w. Actually we're experiencing a huge scam from NCWest actually in classic. They said server would be mix between 1.5 and 3.0, instead we got rates of 1.0 patch. Players are forced to pay 50$ to get VIP lv 4 to have some huge boosts and you must buy SS into the L2Store 'cause you can't buy sh1t with the rates they gave us. And it looks like they don't even care to fix it.

Live server is actually the same. Beside being pretty much dead (1000 players? 1500? how many alive and how many boxes/bots?) you must waste seriously a huge amount of euros to be competitive. 

Sooo...i don't know. Are you sure you want to start in L2, huh?

Dear  @Buddhita ,

This game is about $ if you want to be competitive. But if you want to have funn and ejoy with friends a game there's no need to pay for nothing. You can also be competitive by spending a lot of your time playing.

Money goes over effort these days, and it's understandable.

Play Classic, you already have a character but I would recommend you a mage class if you're a solo guy. If you play with friends then just keep you Shilen Orcale.

Currently there are (much)  less ppl on LIVE servers, but reading the forum there is also much less pain.

P2W will in the end be the same on both versions.

Sometimes I watch streams of classic and I wonder how ppl. can play this 2005 game in 2018. Its incredible fcking SLOW, slow moving, slow skills, slow mobs, slow regen.... All the nostalgia left aside there are many good reasons L2 on LIVE Servers looks very different now.

If you leave aside P2W, number of ppl to interact with etc, and only look on the pure game itself:
Go try out LIVE, ignore this boring as hell Classic FOTM Servers :)

concept of classic servers as is now lead to only 1 things- pay to win. If you see patch notes, and have experience in game, you can imagine why all will go there p2w. Low drop and spoil rate? We put nice drop/spoil rune in L2store or in cash event in close future. Bad enchant chances, can not make gear +8+10? Aaaa we have several stones, papers etc to increase success rate realy prepared to launch in L2store or in nice cash events. Dont worry all is prepared as intended. 

Live servers are similar if you want to be competitive must pay a lot. If you want only play to spend time, so play what you want. But is about a time if you realise that game is for you not so funny.

In general  ppl on Live servers realise now in this low population where this game goes.Majority of population are bots, duals and seller? I recently think about to whom all sell items :D

Oh thanks guys. :) 

10 hours ago, xHaseo said:

Jajajaj Only cause my time in WoW expired and i have to buy more time.. one friend of mine tell me to test this game, I really dont like it very much because i always see a guy with 2+ char... its looks stupid for me, a very selfish game... But when i start playing i thought why playing the clasic game if we can play de new one... 

Well... thanks guys, i keep thinking the same (like 2010 to now) about this game, its p2w, its almost dead, and they are more bots than trully guys enjoying the game (thing that its impossible to see sometime in WoW, you have to play with people not alone jajaja). I will play clasic cause i got a char there and for killing time sometimes. But, i will stay in WoW.

Thanks.

take the stress out of the game and go on the line server ,you can lvl a Healer to 85 in 8 hrs by doing the yellow ? quests  with some help, get a mentor by putting a ad in the party box   ,a healer is all ways needed ,so you can play for fun ,hell you can box a Feoh for MP ,just like us all ,some where we lots what this game is a party with friends game and have fun

On 10/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, xHaseo said:

And it looks like they don't even care to fix it.

Wtf is wrong with some of you tards?  They literally said they would be looking into it.  Then they did and said they will try and push an update out to fix it soon, and they did.  And it's fixed.  All in like a week.  

21 hours ago, Buffalol said:

Wtf is wrong with some of you tards?  They literally said they would be looking into it.  Then they did and said they will try and push an update out to fix it soon, and they did.  And it's fixed.  All in like a week.  

You should check messages dates tho. The fix was made 1 day after i posted that. They announced to be looking into the issue and that they would have made an update later than my post. I don't own a crystal ball, i can't see the future :) back then they gave us no answers about that and all they said in the petitions was "working as intended". 

The Lineage 2, live or classic, is a very good game and really fun. It happens that the administration of NcWest thinks that it is dealing with children of 12 years, and they commit suicide alone betting to that machines they are going to bring more money to them than the real people that look for diversion.

I think at some time, L2 had more population of players than the same world of warcraf, and in Asia (China, Korea) it is still a very populated game.

NcSof, he learned a lot and although they are not in the 1st place, he has several games in the top, see his resounding success with Guild Wars 1 & 2 (The First impression, is a super advanced Lineage 2 substituting some races) the Lore is very similar.

If you start playing, you have to be very clear that NcWest is not NCSoft for more than they have the right to show the brand

On 09/10/2018 at 6:10 PM, Buddhita said:

Hi guys, i im new in L2 and I started playing in classic server. Now i have a Dark elf Shillien Oracle. But I see that the live server is the principal... it got the new things and a lot of more things

What should i do? Keep playing classic, or start in live server?

If I should start in live server, what class do you recommend?

Thanks

There is no other game on the market that is more P2W than L2.
I just came back this time to classic cuz i hve stubborn friends.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:11 PM, Echole said:

naia and chronos are p2w servers, if you want to spend over 5000$ for make a pvp go in live otherwise stay in classic <3

Echole is somewhat correct, only it costs much, much more to make a relatively okay PVP player on Live.  It's going to cost well over $10,000 to have a moderately good PVP player, and about that (maybe more) to be a very good PVE player.

To really be a good PVP player, you can plan on spending over $20,000 with NCSoft and the game.  That's the truth, and anyone's who played this PTW game for awhile certainly knows that (I've been playing, off and on, since Prelude - 14 years and counting).  There are several dozen (probably over 100+) have pay that much, or more to be good PVP players and very good PVE players.

In actuality, there are several players (especially in the more infamous clans) that have payed well over $40,000 (I've heard of some over $50,000, even $60,000) that they've spent on their toons, boxes, and supporting accounts to be top PVP players that actually win in the Olympiad.  You see it everywhere, in every top clan and other places.  To even be a good (win most our matches) PvP player in the Olympiad - plan on $20,000+.

You can make up some of that by playing 100+ hours a week, and having tons of boxes/accounts - but it's still going to cost $5,000 - $10,000 to be a good PVE player, and about 4 times that to be a good PVP player on Live.  It's sad - but that's just where the game has gone on Live.

Classic is different - I've only been on there a bit.  And don't want to spend any money there - trying to enjoy it.   But it is very painfully slow - and you're going to have to spend $hundreds, $thousands to level up fast, get good gear, and get in a good clan.  And it will become increasingly more so, as Classic continues.  Others have said it - it's almost inevitable.  

I'd stay on classic and enjoy it some before it gets out of control.  Maybe it will stay that way for awhile - I hope so.

If anyone else really believes you can be competitive in Live at under $5,000 at high levels - I have some great real estate in Florida I'd like to sell ya.  (and be very, very careful of scammers on Live - that's run rampant, with infiltrators in clans, especially for top items, fake names/accounts - never give good gear to anyone to borrow, unless you really know them and trust them 100%......lots of players, relatively new players, have been burned bad by scammers because ti's just so insanely expensive to get very far and be competitive.

Or just play the game for fun - - it's painfully slow, and you'll miss a lot, but would be something to try.   Just want to give the straight stuff.....it's a very expensive addiction, that is well supported by the designers.  Although I must admit, if you can find a moderate line - the game still has a lot to offer:  Amazing graphics, skills, lore, impressive clan/group play, it's continually evolving (though much more PTW than most of us would like) - - as long as you're careful, and realistic about what it costs to be competitive.

Classic will be fun for the first 3~5 Months tops as sooner or later the l2store items will be introduced just like how it goes in Korea - those brooch jewel & cloak slots are there for a reason and eventually it won't be that much different from Live servers except for the fact it remains with the old classes aka no ISS but SwM/SD/Domi/DC/Hiero etc. and 9 not 7 man parties..

people should just be realistic on this as to avoid getting to invested in either Classic or Live as that's the true classic Sales tactics after all: getting the customer hooked on their product and then put down the screws & start to twist them ;)

so if you're feeling nostalgic enjoy Classic for a few Moths and then make a final decision or just wait for the first p2w item in store :)

What Draecke said.

Don't waste you time at all with Live.  It's clearly circling the drain.  Last event you had to spend 40-50 Billion adena to get the +11% damage boost for the event.

This event, you basically have to have a $20,000 toon to get the end of the instance, and have any chance of getting something from the event.  NCSoft only caters to those crazy enough to spend thousands, and thousands of dollars for pixels.  After the last two major fail events (unless you have a lot of money to waste, or don't really value your time or money), the game has clearly lost it's way.   Soon it will be down to one server.

Don't waste you time with L2.  Maybe a few months with Classic, but that's it.  You're much better off just finding something else to do with your time.  Not L2.

Interesting thread here.

Summarizing, L2 is a p2w game (TOO MUCH P2W). Bare in mind that classic soon or later will become it too...In my opinion live server is much better than classic and I will give you a example to explain.. If you play as Sorceror on classic, I think you will have about 8 skills to use while on live server you will have many more and more gameplay ... The game is much broader, there is no way to compare.

As someone told here, u should only play live if your focus is ENJOY THE GAME WITH YOUR FRIENDS, no caring about be stronger. If u want to have good gear, I have something sad to tell you... Prepare you wallet.

I love this game and this very sad the way it got.

• 2 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 3:21 AM, xHaseo said:

Both versions will be insanely p2w. Actually we're experiencing a huge scam from NCWest actually in classic. They said server would be mix between 1.5 and 3.0, instead we got rates of 1.0 patch. Players are forced to pay 50$ to get VIP lv 4 to have some huge boosts and you must buy SS into the L2Store 'cause you can't buy sh1t with the rates they gave us. And it looks like they don't even care to fix it.

Live server is actually the same. Beside being pretty much dead (1000 players? 1500? how many alive and how many boxes/bots?) you must waste seriously a huge amount of euros to be competitive. 

OMG  stop that 

classic rates should be 1 lol

it was 14 years ago

fix what? If you bum and can’t afford. 15 buck per month then yes it’s p2w for you

On 8/1/2019 at 7:58 AM, gawebeast said:

OMG  stop that 

classic rates should be 1 lol

it was 14 years ago

fix what? If you bum and can’t afford. 15 buck per month then yes it’s p2w for you

That answer is quite old, you know? Lots of things changed in 3 months. Like the fact the server is already dead, for example. 

There's a huge "?" on that "rates should be 1x" actually...1x, but of what? But I'm pretty sure you have no idea what i mean. 

Also, you have no clue what i'm talking about so please, be quiet. Thank you :)

Archived