One Thing I Don't Understand?(Queue)

If the queue problem has to do with the server hitting max login. winch looks like is 5900 players at a time. (See link for players online http://l2.laby.fr/status/) why not turn off dual boxing until you fix the problem? The main reason why some of us cant play have to do with all the dual boxing and AFK players. So why not turn in off until you fix it?

5 minutes ago, Youhavethewrongrate said:

If the queue problem has to do with the server hitting max login. winch looks like is 5900 players at a time. (See link for players online http://l2.laby.fr/status/) why not turn off dual boxing until you fix the problem? The main reason why some of us cant play have to do with all the dual boxing and AFK players. So why not turn in off until you fix it?

Most probably because those people are also likely paying for VIP on their boxes.

10 minutes ago, Youhavethewrongrate said:

Since you said you don't understand, let me help:

Your proposal would require a developmental fix, that would also affect retail servers and would outrage almost every single person playing L2, retail and classic.

fixing the queue also requires a developmental fix and only affects non-paying customers on classic only servers.

I am sure you understand now.

1 minute ago, ItsFergLad said:

Multiboxing has always been a thing in L2, I can only imagine the outrage if they were to disable it even if only temporary. 

I am convinced it is 100% intentional game design to multibox, otherwise buffs would be much weaker like they are in WOW.

Just now, FatHips said:

I am convinced it is 100% intentional game design to multibox, otherwise buffs would be much weaker like they are in WOW.

Oh, yeah, without a doubt... I'm guilty of having a buffing alt account myself, as are most of the players I joined with.

server issues are a separate issue from the free to play model

it has been rehashed a thousand times on these forums, obviously paying customers should get priority, that's just common sense

But I do agree their top priority has to be fixing the server issue

3 minutes ago, Youhavethewrongrate said:

really dude come on.  I see all your post and people quote your stuff. please. Turn the dual-boxing off and let everyone in. F2P right? not p2get in the server. yea. I'm using my head and I'm calling double bull-shit on this server issue.

I'm a paying customer (yes on my two boxes as well), you want to see angry? Shut down my vip clients along with those of every other paying customer, that's when you will see the forums truly burn. You prop up the server, but we pay the bills.

1 minute ago, Youhavethewrongrate said:

really dude come on.  I see all your post and people quote your stuff. please. Turn the dual-boxing off and let everyone in. F2P right? not p2get in the server. yea. I'm using my head and I'm calling double bull-shit on this server issue.

So you think NCsoft should kick off paying players with VIP to make room for more f2p?  

It's not going to happen, it's that simple.  No business is going to make that decision.

15 minutes ago, MMOBlitz said:

I'm a paying customer (yes on my two boxes as well), you want to see angry? Shut down my vip clients along with those of every other paying customer, that's when you will see the forums truly burn. You prop up the server, but we pay the bills.

My wife and I pay for four VIP 4 accounts between us, we have no problems accessing the accounts.  We have a few other accounts for shops as non-VIP, but we can manage.

I can see from the perspective of a free player that it sucks, but if NC has to choose between pissing off free customers or paid customers, they chose right.  It's just unfortunate they seem to have to make that choice.

From my side I want first to check what I'm suppose to pay for before I throw my cash into something that is unworthy to invest in. 

After 2h trying to login today I'm done. Waited 8 times in 599 ppl queue just to see "Client will be closed". 

It seems that this product isnt worth the investment of time and money atm. 

6 minutes ago, Suniko said:

From my side I want first to check what I'm suppose to pay for before I throw my cash into something that is unworthy to invest in. 

After 2h trying to login today I'm done. Waited 8 times in 599 ppl queue just to see "Client will be closed". 

Indeed, they are losing future "potential" customers by the masses.

46 minutes ago, Suniko said:

You won't invest 5 dollars for Vip level 1 to skip a queue to which that 5 dollars will provide you vip status for several months?

I would understand if it were like 5 dollars a month for vip 1 status but we are talking about 400 ncoin gets you 5 months of free hassle from the queue of free players.

38 minutes ago, LightRider said:

You won't invest 5 dollars for Vip level 1 to skip a queue to which that 5 dollars will provide you vip status for several months?

I would understand if it were like 5 dollars a month for vip 1 status but we are talking about 400 ncoin gets you 5 months of free hassle from the queue of free players.

No I won't invest single dollar on something that doesn't work as it should. Couse whats the point of loosing 5 dollars just to watch "Client will be closed" faster? 

Its waste of money for me. 

13 minutes ago, Suniko said:

No I won't invest single dollar on something that doesn't work as it should. Couse whats the point of loosing 5 dollars just to watch "Client will be closed" faster? 

Well 4 dollars if you are sneaky, but once you get vip1, you don't have to wait.  so there's that.

1 hour ago, Suniko said:

I never get the client will close as a ViP member. If you are not willing to invest 5 dollars for 5 months of ViP status it really seems this is your issue rather then Ncsofts.

Ncsoft is a business and needs to earn revenue for a product they worked very hard to deliver on.

I am particularly grateful they brought classic to NA and I am even amazed they allowed it to be a free to play model. You should be grateful as well since you are literally investing no money but you come to the forums and complain when something isn't going your way? This product is free by your choice, deal with it.

Free players choose time, while ViP players choose a little bit of money.

if someone will rather spam forum and waste hours to log in instead of payin those 5$ and enjoy stability = hes an idiot. 'i will not pay for games!' im able to hear more and more often. You dont want to pay? You want things for free couse theese are just games? idiotic. playin on those servers is privilige, every minute spent in game is pleasure and thats what you pay for. 30 days x 10 min of logging everyday - 300 minutes per month wasted in queue. Its 5 hours. Lets assume that 1/2 of tries to log in will be fails so it may even be 10 hours of frustration and waiting. If someone do not value his time and 5$ is worth more than 10 hours of his time = hes just idiot.

3 hours ago, Sielawa said:

if someone will rather spam forum and waste hours to log in instead of payin those 5$ and enjoy stability = hes an idiot. 'i will not pay for games!' im able to hear more and more often. You dont want to pay? You want things for free couse theese are just games? idiotic. playin on those servers is privilige, every minute spent in game is pleasure and thats what you pay for. 30 days x 10 min of logging everyday - 300 minutes per month wasted in queue. Its 5 hours. Lets assume that 1/2 of tries to log in will be fails so it may even be 10 hours of frustration and waiting. If someone do not value his time and 5$ is worth more than 10 hours of his time = hes just idiot.

I think you don't fully understand the issue here so I will enlight you then. 

Bought today 2x 800 NCcoin pack for 2 accounts so I spent 10 euro.

After making a purchase only message i got was "We will send you NCoins after we confirm your purchase, it will take max 12h" - say what??

Ok screw this lets be patient. 2h passed I dont even have mail that such action as purchase order was placed, but cash from bank account is gone. 

Now to GET VIP I must login to game to spent them on my character that is on Giran server, and GUESS WHAT?? I can't log in since 4PM couse I'm getting "Client will be closed" all the time :D 

You see the issue with problematic investment now? Or i need to point this to you so you can get it? I will then: 

1. NCcoins bought to get VIP status.  - in your PoV im not idiot anymore, cool! 

2. NCcoins are not in my account cuz purchase will take around 12h - suck it is but lets wait !

3. NCcoins arrive on my account to be spent on stuff - YAY \o/ - oh wait ..... I can't spend them cuz I CANT LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT FOR 4h NOW! 

Clear enough for you now? And this is working product? 

3 minutes ago, Suniko said:

I think you don't fully understand the issue here so I will enlight you then. 

Bought today 2x 800 NCcoin pack for 2 accounts so I spent 10 euro.

After making a purchase only message i got was "We will send you NCoins after we confirm your purchase, it will take max 12h" - say what??

Ok screw this lets be patient. 2h passed I dont even have mail that such action as purchase order was placed, but cash from bank account is gone. 

Now to GET VIP I must login to game to spent them on my character that is on Giran server, and GUESS WHAT?? I can't log in since 4PM couse I'm getting "Client will be closed" all the time :D 

You see the issue with problematic investment now? Or i need to point this to you so you can get it? I will then: 

1. NCcoins bought to get VIP status.  - in your PoV im not idiot anymore, cool! 

2. NCcoins are not in my account cuz purchase will take around 12h - suck it is but lets wait !

3. NCcoins arrive on my account to be spent on stuff - YAY \o/ - oh wait ..... I can't spend them cuz I CANT LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT FOR 4h NOW! 

Clear enough for you now? And this is working product? 

They need to confirm your purchase cause of fraud. After they confirm u, u will get coins insta on next purchase.

Archived