What class for beginner - mainly PVE?

Habi

Hello all,

I decided to enter the L2 world, but I am a newbie. Please would you mind to share your opinions and veterans experiences? I would like to play a damage dealer. I want to focus mainly on PVE and RB. I have always prefered to play fighter, rogue (dont like healers, mages). The goal is to have a fun :-) I appreciate all the tips. Thank you in advance for your comments and recommendations.

Go with rogue (othell)

Dark elf one, ghost hunter.

Even with pretty bad gear, you will make very nice damage to bosses, and easy life killing things/people 1v1.

Will be slow exping manually/alone tho, as you're limited to 1 by 1 killing, but wont affect you much.

7 hours ago, Auburn said:

Dagger requires less gear to be effective than a Titan does. Titans hit VERY VERY hard when equipped correctly and with the correct support but require WAY more gear than dagger.

What he said, titan is really good, but they are completely useless until you put good gear on them.

That aside though, othell makes really, really high damage these days, id say DPS is higher than a titan at boss fights?. I can one hit baylor if my stacks are up, "only" with a 7+ cloak and lv. 4 ruby/opal and with GoG buff, dunno if that is possible with titans these days?

Steering away from thread, anyway! if you like daggers to begin with, i stand fast with my original statement, go ghost hunter, you will not be dissapointed :D

I do agree with advices to the extend you have to tell him several things...

- Dagger is not that much desirable for AoE open field exp (fastest way to exp)

- There are no open field 95+ RBs alive most of the time

- Daggers ARE wanted for instances with RB for Critical Wound debuff

- Daggers are paper compared to Titans if you don't learn your evade and hide skills and use them properly. So fi you are lazy for hit and run game style in party vs many mobs situation you will consume many BRES scrolls 

On 2/4/2018 at 4:41 AM, Znipo said:

What he said, titan is really good, but they are completely useless until you put good gear on them.

That aside though, othell makes really, really high damage these days, id say DPS is higher than a titan at boss fights?. I can one hit baylor if my stacks are up, "only" with a 7+ cloak and lv. 4 ruby/opal and with GoG buff, dunno if that is possible with titans these days?

Steering away from thread, anyway! if you like daggers to begin with, i stand fast with my original statement, go ghost hunter, you will not be dissapointed :D

O.o I really need to see with my own eyes.

Can you party me sometime? :x

Hey mate, good to hear you want to try out L2, it is a game, which can be really fun and enjoyable.

My advice is - do not listen to any of us here. Do your own research, it will take you few days for sure, but at the end, you will have decided for yourself! 

Let us know, when you make your choice :)

As you have already said, the goal is to have a fun! 

6 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

O.o I really need to see with my own eyes.

Can you party me sometime? :x

Going to Chronos first thing when transfers are up. Hit me up ;)

Not at the stage of 5 seconds, but 30 seconds each boss for me does the job :D

6 hours ago, Asachiara said:

Not sure whom you party but there are daggers killing Altar final RBs in 5s seconds :) 

• 7 months later...

okay, thats, what i KNOW.... belive it, or not, idc, but this is reality, im archer lvl 103....

class to choose for PVE! 1. best class in pve currently Feoh Solultaker. M.atk is not sooo high as Feoh Stormscreamer, but this pet take a lot damage against you.... reason for feoh or archer, they have AOE Skills and when you dont have AOE Skills, its verrrrrrrrry hard, to get PARTYS for Factions, starting from lvl 101. And if you dont get Factions, you dont get EXP. AF Inst is then the highes what you get.... and you need Factionpoints for your Excaltet starting from LVL 103. Equip, what you should have as Mage. +10 Blessed R99,(Bloddy better, but more expensive) +16 Apo Blessed or enhanced Shadow retri  - min +8 blessed R95 Armor (R95 +8 is better then R99 +6 cause better stats) and some other things, what you can´t see.like jewels, dyes ect... For Archer you have to need +12 Blessed R99,(Bloddy better, but more expensive) +18 Apo Blessed or enhanced Shadow Bow,   +8 blessed R95 Armor (its actually not enough) and some other things, what you can´t see.like jewels, dyes ect...

The Feoh is a lot stronger then Archer in PVE, you can find it out when you look for what the Partys searching starting LVL 101.... Archer or Feoh ostly Feoh. Keep also in Mind how you can pay 20K SSR or BSSRper Day. SSR is affortable, but BSSR........

I hope i can help you a little bit to safe a lot time for you real life.

On 4/2/2018 at 7:42 PM, mixa said:

Eviscerator. Period.

Eviscerator. Even with mid-range gear you can easily solo Kama, which came by a surprise by me today for my self :) 

The point is, you won't find anything better as a standalone char for PvE as good as Evisc. 

• 3 months later...

Okay,

now new post from me here for beginner classes. For cheap and fast levleing is it a Wynn - i prefer dark - very cheap and good single DPS...  also u can a wynn extremly good use for the 8000 Quest and to reach LVL 6 Blackbird Faction in Hellbound. Besides i prefer to make 2 Accounts with Healer an ISS- i prefer Dark Healer - cause he can get 1 pt member full mana back.  ISS i prefer Doomcryer, cause he get PT Buff chant of Bison with LVL 101. The Healer can also be a Dual class if you want play later a Feoh as Main class..

Combis like

1. Main Wynn Spectral Master - Dual Aeore Shilien Saint

2. Main Feoh Storm Screamer - Dual Aeore Shilien Saint

3. Main ISS Doomcryer - Dual ISS Hierophant

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone ! i started playing the live server cuz i got bored at classic server.. pain in the a** to get 4% i die and i lose 1hour of farm useless.. ( opinions aswell)...

But i'm a lvl 76 dominator  and people told me its useless.. so any opinions? should i get 2 chars at once to lvl up and party up to get extra xp? or should i keep the dominator and go go go, and then get a farmer?

Why domi? I should make him 85 and dualclass proper iss 

with 5ppl you get extra xp (and the bonus sooo small you can’t even notice) but 2nd window will do the job

i would go for feoh on the second window since they are popular

tanks as well (but it’s hard with tank, well for some people)

how often can you play? 

One thing to notice

solo target pve - don’t go for it

unless you like to grind properly thousands of mobs quickly:)

One  more thing (sorry for editing)

IMO opinion domi will rock on the next update like it was rocking back in the days 

but for myself EVI all the way :) 

28 minutes ago, gawebeast said:

with 5ppl you get extra xp (and the bonus sooo small you can’t even notice) but 2nd window will do the job

how often can you play? 

One thing to notice

IMO opinion domi will rock on the next update like it was rocking back in the days 

dominator cuz it's i played it all the time since the beggining when i start playing lineage2 :) 
But i guess it's bad now, cuz everyone is recommending to forget about him and go WC.. but at this time i cant change soo prolly i'll continue with the DOminator and try find a good clan so i can be usefull... i guess... about dual box.. well making a new char from the beggining from  0-85 and lose again 2/3 days to lvl up till 80 like i did i didint want to :D... i read people lvl up 1-85 in 8h i cant understand how ... 

14 hours ago, OverCrazy said:

Hello everyone ! i started playing the live server cuz i got bored at classic server.. pain in the a** to get 4% i die and i lose 1hour of farm useless.. ( opinions aswell)...

But i'm a lvl 76 dominator  and people told me its useless.. so any opinions? should i get 2 chars at once to lvl up and party up to get extra xp? or should i keep the dominator and go go go, and then get a farmer?

GL with Domi ! , when you are 101 - i ll never invite you in Party cause you dont have an advantage like COB or POM for Party and I dont epx a domi from another clan.

9 hours ago, gawebeast said:

how often can you play? 

One thing to notice

so you're advice is to make a subclass, get an extra DD ( feoh) and lvl both? and use domi when i get stronger, a subclass (iss) to buff party and move on and a DD?

You see the attitude of peeps in here? Lol

You was reading about it lol

yes they do for some adena I can make even faster 

they just camp some fast spawning rbs and use exp scrolls or fortune pouches

thats how they make 85 fast

at the moment for 200kk you can easy be 85 in no time 1k scrolls is more then enough ( but be ready to have at least 50kk for so scrolls nd some time for boring skill learning) 

and btw you have to make dual you won’t or not

nd make him at least 95 to get dual passive skill not sure about other classes but for fighter it’s 27% p.attack when you hit it appears for 15secs

so it’s like every min or less you with extra p.attack 

for my own it’s sick 27% plus 20 from backstep:) 

good luck 

and ask anything there is some peeps with manners 

5 minutes ago, OverCrazy said:

so you're advice is to make a subclass, get an extra DD ( feoh) and lvl both? and use domi when i get stronger, a subclass (iss) to buff party and move on and a DD?

Yes in my own opinion you first need to get max out of nothing 

that means all sub class must be maxed to take out passive skills then you make dual to at least 95 and always have iss by your side I prefer healer as well if you decide go storm screamer 

picking mama when you kill fast it’s pain in the arse

by simple words forget your domi for some time focus on subs and dual

btw what server you are in 

NAIA? Chronos?

Archived