Jump to content
Conguero

Server Maintenance: Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Recommended Posts

Quitted    42

Agreed with both Rodah and Draecke. You know what? I'm impressed.

I'm out of here and I can't believe I was part of this madness untill 1 week ago.

It's like everyone can buy a bagel for $ 1 everywhere but

the usual crowd is willingly spending $ 1.000 for that very bagel

S 1.000,00 Bagel

That bagel does cost so much because they are raising funds for a charity soup kitchen.

The only charity I can see in here is to raise funds for neutron's and conguero's vegas trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CoffeeTime    30
11 minutes ago, Rodah said:

As crazy as it is to say this, I think there is a point where even the whales will be reluctant to spend $$ when the return is so small (compared to the expenditure).  Really; whats the absolute best augment you can get +/- 5% PvP Dmg and +2 to one stat?  Is that worth over $1k??  

I totally agree. It is absolutely not worth it, unlike the stats from the Cloaks and Radiant Circlets, which in turn give back a ton of stats more for the same amount of money and thus worth the investment by far, unlike this stupid overpriced Promo with the Rare Brooch. I already made up my mind not spend a single dollar on this stupid Promo. I will reconsider playing this Promo, only when these prices and the amount of needed Gemstone Powders drop by considerable alot as EU standards. Most Players know I am a decent wale, if needed, but not of late. I used to spend average ~$10 per day a whole year. Last 2 years I dont even get close to $2 average a day. Can you imagine I dont even own a Lv.4 or higher Brooch Jewel and I am doing just fine with Lv.3 in Castle Sieges in a 5-slot Brooch. I suggest you all keep your money for future Events like Dragon Shirts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    378
2 minutes ago, Quitted said:

Agreed with both Rodah and Draecke. You know what? I'm impressed.

I'm out of here and I can't believe I was part of this madness untill 1 week ago.

It's like everyone can buy a bagel for $ 1 everywhere but

the usual crowd is willingly spending $ 1.000 for that very bagel

S 1.000,00 Bagel

That bagel does cost so much because they are raising funds for a charity soup kitchen.

The only charity I can see in here is to raise funds for neutron's and conguero's vegas trips.

read the reddit link I posted earlier here to see the how & why this fail logic is coming from as it's very obvious and shows the level of ignorance of the l2 player base that this still works here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiChele    23

you dont understand this : IN EU with 500-600 Euros Lives A Family WITH 2 KIDS PER Month imagine that and after re-Think it to play this event with so much money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quitted    42

It's worst than you could imagine chichele.

The main bulk of this mad community is made by greek players.

So they have to explain to me this

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/business/international/greece-debt-crisis-euro.html

How is it possible that a greek player, the poorest compared to a normal eu gamer, can afford to play in here, the most expensive l2 official server ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    378
4 minutes ago, ChiChele said:

you dont understand this : IN EU with 500-600 Euros Lives A Family WITH 2 KIDS PER Month imagine that and after re-Think it to play this event with so much money

obviously nobody should spend more then their disposable income on any game/hobbies - the ultimate choice to spend money is yours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiChele    23

easy i know lot of greeks players who was playing here 1 year ago and they quit cause of the promos the reason was they had to make 2 JOBS 1 FOR The game donates and 1 to EAT 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiChele    23
1 minute ago, Draecke said:

obviously nobody should spend more then their disposable income on any game/hobbies - the ultimate choice to spend money is yours

when they events cost 100 euros all had the change to spend money but now 300% more expensive i am not say that everyone must spend , of course is their choise to spend or not 

but the problem is you all saw this year that promos events Are going higher in money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quitted    42

Oh i forgot to say that bagel costs so much because of a secret ingredient. Guess what?

white TRUFFLE :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dargor    22
7 minutes ago, Quitted said:

It's worst than you could imagine chichele.

The main bulk of this mad community is made by greek players.

So they have to explain to me this

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/business/international/greece-debt-crisis-euro.html

How is it possible that a greek player, the poorest compared to a normal eu gamer, can afford to play in here, the most expensive l2 official server ever?

There are wealthy Greeks. The state of the Greek economy might be horrid but that doesn't mean everyone in Greece is impoverished.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rodah    24

Honestly; I disagree with a lot of the comments here.  My biggest complaint is not the cost of making a 6 Slot Rare Brooch; it's the exclusion of a way to get augment stones for the new item.

In fact, I would argue that this promo is good for low/mid tier players.  On Chronos the price of La Vie Jewels has already dropped to lower levels than the previous promo.  This includes 5 slot brooches.  And honestly, there really isn't a huge difference between a 5 slot brooch and a 6 slot.  I see prices continuing to drop as well.  So...... lower tier players "should" be able to upgrade their jewels; conversely, even if high/top players drop a fortune on this promo their benefits will be marginal at best :).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    378

oh and the obvious cop out answer will be that these prices are based on NA economy, any argument based on latins america or europe economics are by default ignored but the truth is as simple as long as there are players buying regardless of origin this will keep happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HiccUps    22
3 hours ago, Draecke said:

read this to understand NC logic and realize nothing will change..

At the end of the day, owning 100 nuclear weapons, or 1000, you can only blow up the world once. The whales will tire given nobody turns on 'blue chat' (nobody cares), and their fight amongst themselves will get tiring. The eventual slowing down, if not outright stoppage of the money train supplied to NC via the whales will also dry once very few are spending and the realization that having those 1,000 nukes is irrelevant/pointless.

The interesting aspect is whether or not some type of sub-game surfaces - will those left ride the coattails of whale dragons bragging of something they really had no bearing on....OR.....will the majority of whatever is left of the populace (i.e. the non-whale dragons) walk away from the idiocy and devise a way to enjoy the game a bit oldschool. Not trying to be a pessimist, but for something like that to happen, the remaining populace would have to shun the whale dragons and figure out that the ownership of a castle is much less important than the fight - a fight void of the 1, 2, 3, 4 ppl who can solo a castle now.

At that point in time, since the whales have dried up (by choice or by lack of invite), NC will do one or two things: close the game, or close the gap for real in a low cost approach; however, if some type of sub-game develops away from the whales, then what NC does also ends up being moot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quitted    42
2 hours ago, Draecke said:

these prices are based on NA economy

Inappropriate language removed

Ie if you do live in na a beer is 5 $

if you do live in eu a beer is 5 €

if you do live in ru a beer in 5 ru

if you do live in neutron or conguero world a beer is 5000 of everything

That's the truth.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    378
2 hours ago, Quitted said:

Inappropriate language removed

Ie if you do live in na a beer is 5 $

if you do live in eu a beer is 5 €

if you do live in ru a beer in 5 ru

if you do live in neutron or conguero world a beer is 5000 of everything

That's the truth.

read it again as I said that will be their cop out justification which ofc is bs durr ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxes    37

I will not spend anything on this event, please enable the specific-jewells purchase option, without pack disscount... i need opal4, but i prefer spend 16k ncpins on 100 opal boxes, or much more buying only specific jewells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weinerthezon    37
5 hours ago, Rodah said:

Yeah I commented on this last night.  I don't know why a spirit stone option wasn't included with this promo. 

As crazy as it is to say this, I think there is a point where even the whales will be reluctant to spend $$ when the return is so small (compared to the expenditure).  Really; whats the absolute best augment you can get +/- 5% PvP Dmg and +2 to one stat?  Is that worth over $1k??  

 

I am opting out of this one, I did the Cloak and the Circlet event because I felt like I had to, to even compete. This brooch isn't strong at all and the entire server can do without. For $1,000.00 literally any other item in that price range is 3-4 times better.

If you are going to rob us by forcing us to buy items to compete, at least be smart about it lol. Ncsoft won't make much on this sale, and will be forced to have another sale. In before Sayha Talismans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jackl    37

Pricing as usual is catered to whales. Which is a fatal mistake for a game in decline. Are combine rates still suspiciously terrible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bable2    19

You guys are fools for believing they listen to player feedback, the only thing they listen to is the sales feedback. 

Everyone here is crying about the prices yet the moment i logged into chronos i saw people selling ncoin and these packs, which means that a lot of players bought them.

if you seriously want them to change something do not buy NCoin.

thats the only power u have here, if u dont buh ncoin they will have to listen.

 

but all this doesnt matter either with whales like zureil pepinoo and truffle.

they  probably bought a pack as gift for whole clan or cp already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Infami    16

Whole community: Please make the brooch jewel events better!

NCSoft: Sure! *makes it worse*

T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duncan    4

And where were the desire to improve the game ... they added many jewels and when you buy a lot you are all scattered .- removed many rewards of the "herocoins" and did not add anything new ... we have to do so that we really listen..

The prices of this event are too high.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volotron    19
16 hours ago, ChiChele said:

innova servers much better they have Permant Shirts and Brooches Boxes in their l2 store MUCH CHEAPEAR than here and also they have in mammon the brooches that you can make boxes WITH GE AND EOD and small ammount of adena arround 9mil per box SO yea dont compare innova cause its Much better server than here! and also dont cry i log to the game and half server already shout in global and selling the 16k pack 150 boxes so there is lots of idiots who still buying and they will still buying even if the packs cost more than 1000 euros or Dolars! gz for those who gonna make 6 slot brooch nothing else 

1465/1500 of 150 box promo sold ,it says in l2store.So you can check from now on how much items have been sold in l2store.So people didnt buy those event items as i ve said in previus text of mine.The prices are too high for people to buy,so they dont buy anymore.But i dont understand why ncsoft put this on public....Now everybody can see how much disapointined are people from them !!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helv    93
1 hour ago, Volotron said:

1465/1500 of 150 box promo sold ,it says in l2store.So you can check from now on how much items have been sold in l2store.So people didnt buy those event items as i ve said in previus text of mine.The prices are too high for people to buy,so they dont buy anymore.But i dont understand why ncsoft put this on public....Now everybody can see how much disapointined are people from them !!!!!!!!!!

It's 1445/1500 on Naia.

I'm also curious why NC would reveal those numbers, it does not seem to be doing them any favour. My guess is that the 1500 cap was supposed to:

- add more pressure on addicts to buy quick/more

- attract players selling boxes for adena who will buy quick in bulk with the 33% discount leaving other players with more expensive boxes in store

However, the only thing which is now clear is that most players are simply fed up.

My guess is that the next promo will include some new gamebreaking/overpowered items, so that top players feel more pressure to get them. As stated in this thread, even for whales the current bonus is not worth the effort when compared to the price. It's a vicious circle really: low bonus - people don't spend, great bonus - people spend a lot, but more and more people quit due to the lack of balance ingame. With this business model, in order to keep your profits on a good level to make the management happy you need to keep breaking the game more and more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volotron    19
46 minutes ago, Helv said:

It's 1445/1500 on Naia.

I'm also curious why NC would reveal those numbers, it does not seem to be doing them any favour. My guess is that the 1500 cap was supposed to:

- add more pressure on addicts to buy quick/more

- attract players selling boxes for adena who will buy quick in bulk with the 33% discount leaving other players with more expensive boxes in store

However, the only thing which is now clear is that most players are simply fed up.

My guess is that the next promo will include some new gamebreaking/overpowered items, so that top players feel more pressure to get them. As stated in this thread, even for whales the current bonus is not worth the effort when compared to the price. It's a vicious circle really: low bonus - people don't spend, great bonus - people spend a lot, but more and more people quit due to the lack of balance ingame. With this business model, in order to keep your profits on a good level to make the management happy you need to keep breaking the game more and more.

Well even if they put something new gamebreaking/overpowered items ,the price for them would be around 1k$.So most of the ppl wont buy them again.This will continue for a little period of time ,but sadly for ncsoft at the end there will be left only 1 server left which will count down for its end .Cause even people who paid past events ,will stop it cause no competition will be left, to show their gear .... And when those people see all the other stop paying ncsoft events ,they will stop too.The only way ncsoft can bring around things is put a major event like cloaks,and put the prices 3 times down from the last one.This is the only way my friends!!!!

Edited by Volotron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×