Chronos Unscheduled Server Maintenance - 4.3.2020 (Naia Login Affected)

Hime

Power of positive affirmation... 

Today server will work with zero lag.

Today GMs will provide Buff NPCs and Tersi for the entire weekend.

Today I will enchant Aden, Elmore and Ferios cloaks to +20.

Today I will enchant weapons on all of my alts to +25.

Today I will sell all of useless stuff in my WH and make a 3T profit.

What, don't laugh! It could happen...….

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Brown said:

I just love how everyone is a game developing, network, server, economy, business management expert here!!!

most are just people who enjoy the game and know the things that need to change and know the things we want to see changed

5 minutes ago, Brown said:

I just love how everyone is a game developing, network, server, economy, business management expert here!!!

I am not game developer , but I am a .Net developer. And actually you don`t need to be a expert to understand that in every version of lineage 2 where  have a many people  , people can`t play normaly. Check some other game like WOW,  for example.. you never wwill have lag like this. Here wer are 10k ? 15K in Chronos, in WOW there are 6kk people man :) Think about that

9 minutes ago, Tintoreto said:

For many years Lineage 2 , don`t understand that your game with this build you can`t keep many players in same place or this can`t be for a long time! Now we have quest, named exalted where better way with the items wich you provide "Paulina" is to  farm in  Blazing Swamp... 40k monsters ? Many People ! Lag! This is not play. You must consider or to make quest to be faster , or to open more zones for farm, where people with low gear can farm normal! Best Regards!

well, they gave you paulina...which is better than starting out in c1-2 without even bronze/wooden armor...since there is no way to obtain items in the game unless you pay real $

im starting to think they did the blazing swamp thing on purpose, since this era was the "winter of war" and the previous era was "prelude to war"...the war was between players and monsters

8 minutes ago, Mystikal said:

Power of positive affirmation... 

Today server will work with zero lag.

Today GMs will provide Buff NPCs and Tersi for the entire weekend.

Today I will enchant Aden, Elmore and Ferios cloaks to +20.

Today I will enchant weapons on all of my alts to +25.

Today I will sell all of useless stuff in my WH and make a 3T profit.

What, don't laugh! It could happen...….

nice 1, but today i was lucky, make a +5 veteran mask with 7 scroll and +3 noble circlet with 5 scroll :D

And left hope Juji and hime have 120 iq and read my suggestion, and realize i'm right and they contact NCSOFT ISP already :D

Edited by WanPom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sesh2 said:

well, they gave you paulina...which is better than starting out in c1-2 without even bronze/wooden armor...since there is no way to obtain items in the game unless you pay real $

im starting to think they did the blazing swamp thing on purpose, since this era was the "winter of war" and the previous era was "prelude to war"...the war was between players and monsters

Problem is that , you must can play normal... without lag right? :) You must when go in some zone to kill monster you to can kill monsters.. not arround you to have 20391 people and I to put the characater on macro... this is play ? Where is the playing of the game, I make 100 for 1h and after that put macro in blazing swamp :D

4 minutes ago, WanPom said:

nice 1, but today i was lucky, make a +5 veteran mask with 7 scroll and +3 noble circlet with 5 scroll :D

And left hope Juji and hime have 120 iq and read my suggestion, and realize i'm right and they contact NCSOFT ISP already :D

Nice! Congratulations. What are the bonus effects on the +5 Veteran mask? I never get higher than +2 so far.

To the "1Gbps internet connection. One PC I use for gaming has an 18-core Intel 7980XE with 64GB of memory, u ever think your So power full Pc might be too Much Power, I Compared your expensive device to mine, From Non expert Opinion,,, I think your Over rated High end Pc is just too much , causing it own self to stop responding,. In other words Ur expensive PC isn't worth it to play Lineage 2, too much , your * core multi what ever is probably locking up cause it thinking to hard.  think on this last pot going to go clean my front Porch . 

7 minutes ago, Mystikal said:

Nice! Congratulations. What are the bonus effects on the +5 Veteran mask? I never get higher than +2 so far.

+1 CHA
+25 Attack Attribute + all Def
5% Both Attack Speed
and last +1% Both Attack Def and HP CP MP

25 minutes ago, Tintoreto said:

Problem is that , you must can play normal... without lag right? :) You must when go in some zone to kill monster you to can kill monsters.. not arround you to have 20391 people and I to put the characater on macro... this is play ? Where is the playing of the game, I make 100 for 1h and after that put macro in blazing swamp :D

well the lag thing has been going on for a year now, if you are new or something get used to it

all those people around you are at war with you and the monsters = why its called "winter of war" , but don't worry winter is almost over

@Hime - change the title of thread to "Naia server affected"

I had no lag since all this stuff started a year ago, none at all....

now you do something to chronos server and it affects the server on naia? what in the actual hell are you guys doing? why don't you post patch notes so we can see if we need to change something on our end?

you cant even get a date/day correct, how in the hell are you going to fix "lag" on 1 server and create lag on a different server?

• L2 Team

Sorry for mixing up the dates. Working from home has all the days blurred. I woke up thinking today was Saturday. :(

14 hours ago, GhostShadow said:

Here's to hoping the fix works. Good luck! 

If it doesn't work, players will start a new drinking game where they take a shot whenever someone gets lag; two shots if they get disconnected.

:P

12 hours ago, WanPom said:

@Hime you should think about this.the lags comes on your isp, not on server, i mean if the internet slow, the cpu its high, cause need to wait the data tile fully upload and download, + just think, dcing its package lose so connection end,

Our team has reviewed many scenarios where the latency is could be coming from, but it's a good idea to review it again. 

Please let us know if you're not seeing any improvement to issue. Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Hime said:

Sorry for mixing up the dates. Working from home has all the days blurred. I woke up thinking today was Saturday. :(

Our team has reviewed many scenarios where the latency is could be coming from, but it's a good idea to review it again. 

no improvements, in fact it made things worse......I have never lagged before, and now I am lagging

3 hours ago, Tintoreto said:

yea we should be able to play without lag, but NCwest scammer devs/admins/GM's cant fix the lag...they just make it worse

we should have a choice of several different zones to xp, quest or farm....its just bad game design in an attempt to force you to pay2play

there is no playing this game anymore, the game plays itself for you...just log in, turn on your macro...sad but true

Edited by Sesh2

1 hour ago, Hime said:

So far so good for me
I was having lag and multiple random DC's
No issue after maintenance
Let's see how it goes

3 hours ago, Hime said:

let me give you an idea how to check if ISP causing this.

When you guys make maintenance and the server on but no gamers online make a speedtest.net and 100 pig on internet providers ip, then make both again after 1 hour later with gamers, then 1 hour later again, do this till server have heavy traffic. this is the best tactic to check if the internet providers causing this. if you see a lot down and upload in last test, then come back here and post the result, i feel the download and upload in heavy traffic will be low.

1 Question, all server share 1 internet? or all sevver have diff? or like chronos and naia share and the 2 classic share, so there is 2 internet 1 for live and 1 for classic?

Edited by WanPom

11 minutes ago, WanPom said:

let me give you an idea how to check if ISP causing this.

When you guys make maintenance and the server on but no gamers online make a speedtest.net and 100 pig on internet providers ip, then make both again after 1 hour later with gamers, then 1 hour later again, do this till server have heavy traffic. this is the best tactic to check if the internet providers causing this. if you see a lot down and upload in last test, then come back here and post the result, i feel the download and upload in heavy traffic will be low.

1 Question, all server share 1 internet? or all sevver have diff? or like chronos and naia share and the 2 classic share, so there is 2 internet 1 for live and 1 for classic?

you serious ? :)

1 hour ago, Parangatimiruaru said:

I can't log in to any account.
I'm using 3G connection to open the launcher and play.
:(
I opened a ticket a few hours ago with all the information.
@juji @Hime

same problem i was have? :)  just loading on nc laucher 2 or you see a isp error message?
 start this on run, Ping Ncsoft.com -t
If you see timed out sometimes, then you have same problem. like i was.

@Hime @Juji

So there is definitely less issues with DOS disconnecting since the update, however there is still issues with lag, it does at this early stage seem less than before, but it is weird. Of the 3 characters I have logged in, 1 or 2 could have absolutely zero lag, and the other one (In same party, same area) be completely locked up.

Hope this helps your investigation in fixing the servers, perhaps look at the players *cough* scripting *cough* to cause server disruption during pvp. *cough* nova *cough*.