Live Server Maintenance: January 26, 2022

Hime

• L2 Team
31 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

Considering most of those transfers are tied with the enchant event (some have giant type scrolls for them) might be a good idea to extend the event 1 or 2 more weeks.

The event items will not be deleted until 2/9. Only the items in the store will be taken down next week on 2/2.

Also you should  let us for free, for ppl which already paid and transfered their chars and they get stacked, make option for add more items in this transfered chars. Most of ppl buy this server transfer for make some business for make some profit and like this we lose our time and our adena.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Juji said:

The event items will not be deleted until 2/9. Only the items in the store will be taken down next week on 2/2.

I understand that, but the people that transfer those items did it to sell them. Now if the event is over they will be harder to sell because there won't be any way to buy normal scrolls.
Also, a lot of this transfers were made to be able to buy some cheap items in the market that usually are around the last week of the event. I would not be happy if i spent a lot of money to transfer and try to benefit from those deals and know that i would not be able to.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Juji said:

The Operations team has not encountered this issue before, so we reached out to the Development team to investigate the cause and how to resolve the issue for those who were impacted.

this has happened before, my friend had this problem before, they also harmed him in 1 week, and come to say they didn't know?

This is being done intentionally, harming many players.

We paid for this service to take place yesterday, NOT today, NOT next week !!!

• Like 1

What an absolute joke ... I as a player need to wait for you to fix YOUR FCKUP for 1 week ?

This is not acceptable not from a company that is willing to take over $20k-30k from a player.

You're Customer support on this forum is horrible I have to wait for 2-6H for a single reply ...  It is time for a change at "NCWEST" @Juji

@Juji Restart server now please, make the transfers now...     

the server have bug (2693 at exit button), maybe have more bugs and we don't know,  server with lag too ...

Come on NC you can do it...     

Have you had this problem before, how did it happen again?

• Like 1

Previous server transfer worked like a charm, now we had a 5 hours maintenance instead of the 2 hours we had. If it failed, it's due to changes made internally.

Also, that micro patch pushed that we don't know what is it for... changing the exit button to 2693, what else was pushed or changed? Why there is no transparency?

I'm left with a naked character and can't do anything with it. Insane, as Massacre said, we should have a maintenance to correct this asap, not wait a week and screw up everyone that was doing a server transfer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juji said:

@Juji Why should be deleted?

Why all buff-items got timer? Why don't you leave them to all players, who can enjoy playing Lineage 2 when they have a free time.  Why you are always creating time-related/time-limited items don't you have a wife and children? We are not able to play 24/7 and spent all the items collected during the event. And these items are with another item-ID, different from the standard one. More items = more lag. Why you are stressing people to hurry all the time and afraid to not loose some good stuffs / items, just leave them alone to enjoy playing Lineage 2.

Why we have to spent 15-20 mints to find an item in our private /clan WH? Is it so difficult to create a separator as other MMORPGs, different section to separate potions, armors, weapons, appearance stones, etc.

Why you are not trying to make the game more easy, more friendly user/playing, why you are making everything so complicated?

2 hours ago, Juji said:

The Operations team has not encountered this issue before, so we reached out to the Development team to investigate the cause and how to resolve the issue for those who were impacted.

The Dev team is sending us a fix for the issue to restore all the missing items from the 1/26 server transfers. It will be delivered to us next week and we will deploy it during the maintenance on 2/2. 

Well 7 years ago the same bug happened,
I remember transferring my character from shilen to Naia. 

😜

The Operations team is lying then. (have you had this problem before)
So there's another option: Someone (this someone very quiet) brought several weapons from Chronos and they're selling it expensive at Naia, because there's no competition.  And NC is hiding it.

there's no other reason not to do a restart and do all the requested transfers.

By the way,  NC took all of our money for over a week without giving us what we bought.

• Like 1

• L2 Team
2 hours ago, Massacre said:

@Juji Restart server now please, make the transfers now...     

the server have bug (2693 at exit button), maybe have more bugs and we don't know,  server with lag too ...

Come on NC you can do it...     

Have you had this problem before, how did it happen again?

1 hour ago, RealBerserKer said:

It makes no sense to wait another week. What did they do so wrong? Is it the first transfer you are making and have not learned to make? One week? I paid for the transfer and I need it for today! Look at the damage that are available!

@Juji  @Hime lets go boys, restart server now!!

We need the fix first from the Development team before the items can be transferred back over, which will not happen until 2/2 as I said already.

1 hour ago, Sec said:

Well 7 years ago the same bug happened,
I remember transferring my character from shilen to Naia. 

😜

The issue from that time only affected a few items from what I recall and not all the items were missing. The script for the transfer process goes through the game's item database. For the issue this week, we encountered a new technical issue that had not happened before during the server transfer process.

15 minutes ago, Juji said:

We need the fix first from the Development team before the items can be transferred back over, which will not happen until 2/2 as I said already.

The issue from that time only affected a few items from what I recall and not all the items were missing. The script for the transfer process goes through the game's item database. For the issue this week, we encountered a new technical issue that had not happened before during the server transfer process.

@Juji

You seem to be getting agitated when asked a question in regards to a massive fault that causes players to lose all their gear in game ...  You seem to deem your decision of making paying player wait for 1 week to receive their gear back a reasonable one. How can you sit there and tell us we need to wait 1 week for a service that affects our in game growth and our progress thus far ?

With current files that you hold you have the option to reverse the transfers and let us go back to our old server up to the time you are ready to proceed with the requested transfers. Waiting to 2/2 is not a viable option for any of your players casual or hardcore. If you cant see that this is a problem it might be time for you to step down and let a person with a desire and drive for the game to step in.

As mentioned before 2-6 hours for a reply from a multi-million dollar company via your ticketing system is a complete joke as well. 

• Like 2

Okay, I think I get it. You have a problem you need to solve... Hopefully it will go through in the next maintenance.

The delay of the transfers are huge disadvantage of those who transferred anything. I hope, as you do sometimes, there will be some kind of compensation. I just want to make sure it will be something valued in proportion in money cost of transfer and the loss caused by the delay. Also something universal like (partial) $ refund of this transfer, NCOIN etc. I really don't need any more non-tradeable dandy balls in any quantity.

5 hours ago, Juji said:

How about fixing the wiped collection items which happened also after server transfer? I freakin submitted that ticket 2 month ago and u guys just sitting ducks, im out of my patience. @Juji

My dog cares more of what kind of poop he leaves behind then your customer service about your actual customers.

• Like 1

What a sad demonstration of lack of minimal preparation to manage problems and this is a serious problem because it is causing great losses, not just for a paid service that takes 2 weeks to run, but for the items that are dammed. To paraphrase: "If you can't see that this is a problem, maybe it's time for you to step down and let a person with desire and motivation for the game come in AND SOLVE it, not just pushing it with their belly."  @Juji

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Juji said:

... which will not happen until 2/2 as I said already.

Ouchie. The amount of really mad players is exceptional high due to this problem. Ppl. transferred event items en masse to sell/buy/trade, and they lose valueable time.

I'm not affected but if you can somehow make Developers apply the solution before next wednesday it would be a very smart move and help smooth the waves.

Really bad timing for this problem to happen, just when the community for once was happy and motivated from recent good free events and the current awesome enchant event, this ruined the party for some.