Clan War System

Hello everyone

This is a subject that already has been mentioned a lot in the past, but definitely it is one of the biggest issues nowdays in Live servers.

The Clan War System is totally outdated and has been abused in many ways , having as a result to ruin players game experience.

Some very clear examples:

1) Players abusing the system, by forcing wars to exp spots from other players that are not interested to pvp. People can't use their aoe skills in most cases, because they can trigger a war, with this very unreasonable 5-kills-trigger function.  The current system, is bully friendly in any aspect.  The fight for a spot, which is totally part of game, becomes an escalated situation that affects a whole clan, without any reason. That also, can discourage even a single pvp for a spot, or a personal beef let's say. The bully clan , declares war , so will avoid any "retaliation" for the spot as well.

2) This system forces communities to divide into smaller clans, under 14 members so they can have their peace without worrying about wars. That has as a result to see communities in different clans for no reason, and also the growth of clans to lvl 13 is getting extremely difficult, in order to participate in Tauti raid in Throne of Heroes. 

3) Abusers of this system, can easily force wars in any exp group, by getting there and dying from AoE skills. Another result of this, is the frustration of players, leaving clans, and following a no clan way, or even quit. I have witnessed the quit of many friends because of this. 

Considering all this, i wanted to make a suggestion about this situation.

Ask from Korea Devs, to remove the 5 kills trigger function. That very simple setting, can increase the overall experience for the whole community. Give the chance to communities to gather up in 60+ people clans again. Give also the chance to a player to defend them spot from an attacker, without worrying about a war that will affect his clan mates.  The system is totally outdated, while the game has a more "macro afk exp" direction the last years. At the moment, clan war system is the ultimate tool for a bully to takeover exp spots and affect a whole clan. 

Make the clan war system a functional system. If 2 clans, agree to go to war, they press the button and there we go! Full concedence from both sides. 

Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I also agree that some things need to be done to offset the AFK factor where someone can watch your time play and then cause a clan war based on some ones PERSONAL feelings .... Look at me I can mess up your whole clan over you making me mad. All over ego. 

When you made AFKing part of the game you needed to adjust the war system as well. Thanks for listening . 

• Like 4

I agree, the abuse of this system is very upsetting. Either change the war system or fix the AOE skill flag mechanism. I assume it's easier for you to change the clan war system.

• Like 3

Mutual war system worked well before.  If they wont war you back you can still pk them and you die you only lose 1/4 the xp.  You want to grief people that is fine but should come with a penalty not just free range killing.

• Like 2

NC WEST I AM SO FED UP WITH BEING HARASSED BY THAT BULGARIAN CLAN, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, SERIOUSLY THIS HAS TO STOP OR I THINK IM GONNA HAVE TO QUIT.

Sorry for going all emo and stuff, but I have life, don't have time to constantly deal with harassment.

i totally agree ! 

and if you lay hands on the war system , what about removing the right to declare a ware on a clan that owns a dark castle? they already accept to pvp the whole server by adding tax on the city. noone can play the castle light/darkness settings the way it was meant to , if the darkness clan can declare war to all server :/ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, UncleTom said:

i totally agree ! 

and if you lay hands on the war system , what about removing the right to declare a ware on a clan that owns a dark castle? they already accept to pvp the whole server by adding tax on the city. noone can play the castle light/darkness settings the way it was meant to , if the darkness clan can declare war to all server :/ 

Same problem here it the 4th time in a few weeks they open war to my small pve clan.They abuse the problem with aoe skills .Plz change the system or fix skills ppl leave clan or even stop play because of wars when they cant xp they even go and kill all ppl in 99 lvl areas.

1 hour ago, Toooldforthis said:

Same problem here it the 4th time in a few weeks they open war to my small pve clan.They abuse the problem with aoe skills .Plz change the system or fix skills ppl leave clan or even stop play because of wars when they cant xp they even go and kill all ppl in 99 lvl areas.

I posted thishttps://forums.lineage2.com/topic/24741-official-response-needed-clan-war-system-needs-a-immediate-revamp/ 

Had over 100 views and not one comment.  Its the fix to broken system but NCSoft thinks it is working as intended.  As much as people call this a pvp game which it is; its 95% pve so if you destroy the smaller pve or even larger pve clans no more pvp later because caterpillars will never grow into butterflies if you step them when they are still growing.

• Like 1

They will not change  the system becuse they want to please the big spenders, the people that pay $ so they can abuse other players, they only care for the $ people pay not for the best intrest of the players

I reduced the clan members to 14 players, after a few months of war, when the server events where to farm and gather items, hard to do in war,  I had to hunt down all the war clan members, but you can not do afk farming, and usually the members of the clan that start the afk war are a bunch of no brains 

In my case, the guys who harass me and my clan have a box clan which they use to open clan war, but they never open wars with their main clan, so they can farm in peace. They log the boxes from the clan which opens war whenever they feel like abusing others.

I try fighting them back attacking their mains, but they are way stronger, I can't even scratch them (I hit them for 20dmg or so, so they only laugh), and they are almost never AFK, so it's not possible to mess their pt (I tried different times, even at 3AM someone is watching their party).

For some reason they really enjoy abusing weaker players and taking away the very little joy those players have in game. I can't stand a chance against them not only due to  difference in gear, but also for the fact that I am not and don't want to be a no-lifer.

So if there is no war then You will not die? Strong ppl creates a 105 caracter, trade their stuffs and kill everyone (even 10 levels higher ppls) with 1 hit.

Those "abusers" must have a reason to start war with You I guess, if it is not because of You then it is because of Your clanmate.

In this system it is also not fair that You can cancel war in 20 seconds after it started, valid also for sieges for example where noone is afk, only some botters.

So if You want peace then cancel war system and bring back the pk system which was forecasted by Juji 2 years ago.

After that all macro warriors can do what they like: stay afk and do nothing.

34 minutes ago, ColdKing said:

So if there is no war then You will not die? Strong ppl creates a 105 caracter, trade their stuffs and kill everyone (even 10 levels higher ppls) with 1 hit.

Those "abusers" must have a reason to start war with You I guess, if it is not because of You then it is because of Your clanmate.

Some people like to blame the victim, but nope. I have asked why they harass my clan and I also asked them many times to stop targeting my clan. One of them, who tried to open war by making me flag, told me that his clan leader promised him some gear in return for opening clan wars with low lvl randoms so he will continue to do so. Not sure if that's true, but it kinda adds up to  what other people whom they opened clan war with told me.

While without war they can also kill, with clan war on it makes it too easy for them -  they don't even need to wait for the PK debuff to go off. They like to go to low lvl locations like desert quarry, beleth circle, open wars and kill all war tags. If someone is not afk and flags back and kills them they summon their main who wipes the whole flagged party with one AOE skill.

I guess that's their idea of fun. Anyway, if not for the clan war I am sure the PK sprees would not be as severe as the clan war killing raids.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, Helv said:

Some people like to blame the victim, but nope. I have asked why they harass my clan and I also asked them many times to stop targeting my clan. One of them, who tried to open war by making me flag, told me that his clan leader promised him some gear in return for opening clan wars with low lvl randoms so he will continue to do so. Not sure if that's true, but it kinda adds up to  what other people whom they opened clan war with told me.

While without war they can also kill, with clan war on it makes it too easy for them -  they don't even need to wait for the PK debuff to go off. They like to go to low lvl locations like desert quarry, beleth circle, open wars and kill all war tags. If someone is not afk and flags back and kills them they summon their main who wipes the whole flagged party with one AOE skill.

I guess that's their idea of fun. Anyway, if not for the clan war I am sure the PK sprees would not be as severe as the clan war killing raids.

To think that back in the days we used to punish people trying to do this by simply rekting them. 

Guess the p2w has become so huge that one guy now can wipe off a full pt with 1 skill, sadge. 

I will forever miss Awakening servers cause, imho, i had the best time on Naia after GOD, but the way this game turned into a 100% p2w abuse really is sad. 

I remember back in the days when you were strong on retail, you would trashtalk pepope like "go back to ur privates, rats!"...how did the table turned so much that now there's 0 skills on retail and people on privates trashtalk each others like "go to retails and spend 100k euros, at least you would be able to leave town there, garbage"?

I agree, with the original post. Wars need to be fixed, Castles need to be fixed, fortresses need to be fix. NC Soft is so worried about pumping out items to sell, they forgot about the game.. the game sucks right now. 

On 6/4/2022 at 9:31 AM, Hydrogen said:

@HermesHello any chance to look into this?

Thanks in advance. 

Probably not, it would mean taking away time from cooking up BS events to charge us money, and actually spending time making the game fun again.