Jump to content
Forums

L2 battle pass is a joke ! *rant*


Arkidis

Recommended Posts

Rewards are a joke.

https://www.lineage2.com/en-us/news/L2-pass-season1-live-classic

You should have given us a lvl4 jewel box instead of 3. 

1400ncoin for battle pass each season + l2 store promos + destiny for any XP event + prestige + extra XP/VP potions from l2 store + blessed exalted bundles to get the consumables box

dudes, 100 euros each month aren't enough to play l2.

 

Also, everyone will login 239847239874238974 clients now, how servers will be able to manage all those "alts"? Right now we don't have any XP event and spots are overcrowded already.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, iAndouille said:

with pass u get Gran kain weapon enchant,   the lvl 3 box is if u dont pay for premium pass,  learn to read bro

i can read bro but the lvl3 jewel box, come on, lvl3 we get from exalted quests it'd be a huge ++ if they gave us level4. everyone's on lvl4 now

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like someone said before , L2Pass will be s**t, 

only gran kain weap/armor scrolls which won't be tradable probably are worth attention,

Rest of the rewards are not worth NC coins spent on l2pass... you can buy gem energy,forgotten scrolls cheaper if you would sell nccoins for a promo box.. :D

Same as this kamaloka event without lucian bracelet was waste of time(gladly they fixed that) same l2pass without decent rewards is waste of time and money...

 

About unpaid side well lv3 jewels is probably a typo or aprils fool joke?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AshesOfAden said:

Like someone said before , L2Pass will be s**t, 

Rest of the rewards are not worth NC coins spent on l2pass... you can buy gem energy,forgotten scrolls cheaper if you would sell nccoins for a promo box.. :D

let's calculate

 

Naia situation:

1 sayha chest - 780m;  1400NC = 30 chests (50 NC for 1 chest), or 30*780 = 23.4 - 23.5b for 30 chests' bundle.

While:

Artifact Crystal x8 +  Forgotten Spellbook Chapter 1 x4 + Energy of Protection x3 + Shilen's Soul Crystal Box x3 + Forgotten Lord's Dye Crystal x5 + Sayha's Energy x3 + Gem Energy x3 = (0.8*8) + 4 + (0.3*3) + (1.2*5) + (6*3) + (0.8*3)  = you get 6+4+1+6+18+2.4 = 37 bils on average + shilen box x3 and kain scrolls.

How 24b from chests = 37b from the Pass?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arkidis said:

Rewards are a joke.

https://www.lineage2.com/en-us/news/L2-pass-season1-live-classic

You should have given us a lvl4 jewel box instead of 3. 

1400ncoin for battle pass each season + l2 store promos + destiny for any XP event + prestige + extra XP/VP potions from l2 store + blessed exalted bundles to get the consumables box

dudes, 100 euros each month aren't enough to play l2.

 

Also, everyone will login 239847239874238974 clients now, how servers will be able to manage all those "alts"? Right now we don't have any XP event and spots are overcrowded already.

xp ur boxes lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been waiting for the battle to arrive for quite some time hopping that will help me and other new/returning players to help lvl up and catch up to the game. Hoping that with a bit of excitement i started to read the announcement and holy cow i have never seen such a greedy and distasteful announcement  in a looooong time.

Battle passes in general are a type of monetization that companies put in free to play games in other to provide value and rewards to players an to reward their activity  with unique rewards as they complete different challenges. Majority if not all provide cosmetics, different of boosts to level up,gear and some even unique obtainable items that can obtained only for a  limited time.In order to entice people to buy it they give some decent rewards to free to play players an amazing for the premium ones. Now lets check l2 battle pass :

 

As a free to play player you get 330 ( 5.5 hours) minutes  of vitality  maintaining toggle switch and some random 30 minute buff attempts that its laughable at what it provides(increases EXP/SP by 5%, Attack/Magic Atk./Defense/Magic Defense 5%, Vitality Bonus 5%, All Stats +1, Attack/Defense attribute +30).

So what is your grand reward for farming over 600.000 monsters you say? a freaking lvl 3 jewelry box. Your reward for nearly  killing double the monster of Exalted 7 quest amount is a freaking jewelry box  that you can easily craft and compound to level 3 from the in game crafting not to mention that you get FREE set of lvl 3 jewels as youl level up as player an finish some quests......

Now that we established that the f2p rewards are insulting joke to say the least lets say what the 1400 nc coins ( 17.5 euros) a month get you, must be something good right?
WRONG.

You get 1200 ( 20 hours) minutes of vitality maintaining   and some items that are hilariously bad for the 90% of the time.

 

0 items to help through progression, not even temporary gear or something to level you up nothing(remember shadow gear?). No buffs that give you some exp bonus or help level up quicker or help your progress, no cosmetic rewards nothing.... not even bloody soulshots to throw in to help you get pass the bloody grind, nothing.

 

Who even thought this is a good idea, who even remotely agreed that this is acceptable effort (and im generous here)  spent  on understanding about the games needs and how to help it either revitalize it or help the remaining players stay around.

 

This is one of the worst if not worst monetization ive seen in ages and i have played a lot of different  crappy games.I haven't seen such a terribly overpriced and useless battlepass, ever.

I am seriously baffled as i type this at 4 am, the level of incompetence or indifference by the people designing this is outstanding.

It is summer and you ( nc soft) haven't put a bloody sale for years now? Heck you cant even afford to put a bloody exp event to give player to think about spending time in the game . Bravo.

This game used to offer you one of the best experiences for 15 bucks a month and now with the same amount you cant even buy enough  to keep you interested at all.

Im done.

 

P.S You cant even buy 1400 nc coins directly you have to buy  the 20 euro one 😉😉
 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, beltway said:

let's calculate

 

Naia situation:

1 sayha chest - 780m;  1400NC = 30 chests (50 NC for 1 chest), or 30*780 = 23.4 - 23.5b for 30 chests' bundle.

While:

Artifact Crystal x8 +  Forgotten Spellbook Chapter 1 x4 + Energy of Protection x3 + Shilen's Soul Crystal Box x3 + Forgotten Lord's Dye Crystal x5 + Sayha's Energy x3 + Gem Energy x3 = (0.8*8) + 4 + (0.3*3) + (1.2*5) + (6*3) + (0.8*3)  = you get 6+4+1+6+18+2.4 = 37 bils on average + shilen box x3 and kain scrolls.

How 24b from chests = 37b from the Pass?

Avoiding the fact that you think thats will be the costs after they will put them to the mass? 

That's not the itmes which needed for players to improve and progress that's just a joke :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Leiraine said:

I have been waiting for the battle to arrive for quite some time hopping that will help me and other new/returning players to help lvl up and catch up to the game. Hoping that with a bit of excitement i started to read the announcement and holy cow i have never seen such a greedy and distasteful announcement  in a looooong time.

Battle passes in general are a type of monetization that companies put in free to play games in other to provide value and rewards to players an to reward their activity  with unique rewards as they complete different challenges. Majority if not all provide cosmetics, different of boosts to level up,gear and some even unique obtainable items that can obtained only for a  limited time.In order to entice people to buy it they give some decent rewards to free to play players an amazing for the premium ones. Now lets check l2 battle pass :

 

As a free to play player you get 330 ( 5.5 hours) minutes  of vitality  maintaining toggle switch and some random 30 minute buff attempts that its laughable at what it provides(increases EXP/SP by 5%, Attack/Magic Atk./Defense/Magic Defense 5%, Vitality Bonus 5%, All Stats +1, Attack/Defense attribute +30).

So what is your grand reward for farming over 600.000 monsters you say? a freaking lvl 3 jewelry box. Your reward for nearly  killing double the monster of Exalted 7 quest amount is a freaking jewelry box  that you can easily craft and compound to level 3 from the in game crafting not to mention that you get FREE set of lvl 3 jewels as youl level up as player an finish some quests......

Now that we established that the f2p rewards are insulting joke to say the least lets say what the 1400 nc coins ( 17.5 euros) a month get you, must be something good right?
WRONG.

You get 1200 ( 20 hours) minutes of vitality maintaining   and some items that are hilariously bad for the 90% of the time.

 

0 items to help through progression, not even temporary gear or something to level you up nothing(remember shadow gear?). No buffs that give you some exp bonus or help level up quicker or help your progress, no cosmetic rewards nothing.... not even bloody soulshots to throw in to help you get pass the bloody grind, nothing.

 

Who even thought this is a good idea, who even remotely agreed that this is acceptable effort (and im generous here)  spent  on understanding about the games needs and how to help it either revitalize it or help the remaining players stay around.

 

This is one of the worst if not worst monetization ive seen in ages and i have played a lot of different  crappy games.I haven't seen such a terribly overpriced and useless battlepass, ever.

I am seriously baffled as i type this at 4 am, the level of incompetence or indifference by the people designing this is outstanding.

It is summer and you ( nc soft) haven't put a bloody sale for years now? Heck you cant even afford to put a bloody exp event to give player to think about spending time in the game . Bravo.

This game used to offer you one of the best experiences for 15 bucks a month and now with the same amount you cant even buy enough  to keep you interested at all.

Im done.

 

P.S You cant even buy 1400 nc coins directly you have to buy  the 20 euro one 😉😉
 

 

 

That last part about 1400coins , its called marketing you put something half a price but you have to top up more to get it, as you will spend 1400 on pass but you will have 200 coins left so you will need to top up again to spend rest of the coins and etc.

 

Its like a casino, house always wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't stop laughing when I look at the 'Level 3 Jewelry Box' reward xD I suggest you add Twilight Armor sets next time! Seriously NC Soft West you never fail to amaze me, keep up the great work!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Helv said:

I can't stop laughing when I look at the 'Level 3 Jewelry Box' reward xD I suggest you add Twilight Armor sets next time! Seriously NC Soft West you never fail to amaze me, keep up the great work!

Please don't encourage them as they will add Dynasty weapons next month.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks that is actually a productive criticism to this people cannot see there is real value to this without cost.  For people that do not want to spend money they get free b uffs and vit for doing nothing, maybe next month change the level 3 jewel to like bloody or dark armor augment stones say 5 of them.  Since its only 1 time per account it would not kill the economy but give non payers some useful at least.

1400 NC Coins = 8 artifact crystal 4 forgotten books and 3 energy of protection you get from the pass if you bought them straight from the store.

So after those items 3 Shilien Boxes 5 Lord Dye Crytal 3 Sayha blessing 3 gem energy 1 grand kain weapon and 1 grand kain armor are actually free but you guys cannot see past your nose.

And on top of that hours of free vit and an additional buff that many say isn't good enough but you essentially get additional patk/matk/pdef/mdef xp/vit and attack/defense attribute for the month 24/7 pretty much if you get to the end but hey that is not good enough.

This is a good thing and step in the right direction as pimpmybow said it can be made better but why not tell what to improve on instead just being angry with life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

3 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Thanks that is actually a productive criticism to this people cannot see there is real value to this without cost.  For people that do not want to spend money they get free b uffs and vit for doing nothing, maybe next month change the level 3 jewel to like bloody or dark armor augment stones say 5 of them.  Since its only 1 time per account it would not kill the economy but give non payers some useful at least.

1400 NC Coins = 8 artifact crystal 4 forgotten books and 3 energy of protection you get from the pass if you bought them straight from the store.

So after those items 3 Shilien Boxes 5 Lord Dye Crytal 3 Sayha blessing 3 gem energy 1 grand kain weapon and 1 grand kain armor are actually free but you guys cannot see past your nose.

And on top of that hours of free vit and an additional buff that many say isn't good enough but you essentially get additional patk/matk/pdef/mdef xp/vit and attack/defense attribute for the month 24/7 pretty much if you get to the end but hey that is not good enough.

This is a good thing and step in the right direction as pimpmybow said it can be made better but why not tell what to improve on instead just being angry with life.

Shaming a disgusting practice  means im angry at life now? I guess people shaming Diablo Immortal for the  same practices are angry as well.

You speak about value and miss the whole point of the battle passes, trying to  compare it to the market value when its completely different as you dont get the items straight up you pay for the chance to get them as you still need to invest time to obtain  them on top of it. But hey, as long it fits your theoretical value i guess its fine.

 

If the step in the direction means a battle pass filled with 90% of expiring buffs for 20$ then im afraid we'd have to disagree. All it is another monetization practice that gives a bit more of an "edge" to the people who already pay  a lot of money in order to justify their " value" to stack another monthly expense .

 

You want more constructive criticism how about check games like Destiny 2, Call of Duty,Halo etc how they their battle pass and compare it to this.

Destiny 2 battle pass is 10$ and provides insane value to both new and old players for example.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude its not market value its actual value do you not read?  Artifact Crystals can be bought with NC Coins, Forgotten Books can be bought with NC Coins and Energy of Protection can be bought with NC Coins if you bought it those quantities without a battle base it still the same 1400 NC Coins......  Also you have to put in "time"  I guess killing 600,000 mobs over a month is a lot as just do your clan quests a week is 16,000  mobs a week minimum  which many do in a few hours on Weds after maintenance lol  Never mind 2,500 mobs a day you do just keep play with your homunkulus.  I mean if your not xping don't buy it you still get it free the buffs and vit so how is that bad?


Also I play CoD and Halo but your comparing Apples to Oranges, FPS games are different to MMORPG.  Compare L2 to Lost Ark, WoW, Guild Wars, Diablo even is a better comparison.  I play lost ark with their battle pass system that is setup in same method of free premium and premium plus and to be honest I am at end game content without spending a dime in less than 2 months and about to walk away because nothing left to no reason to even spend money on a game that i didn't even have to buy or ever invest anything but time; no connections there no one really talks to each other; guilds are just there as a reason to get certain quests done kind of dull no reason to find an active guild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Dude its not market value its actual value do you not read?  Artifact Crystals can be bought with NC Coins, Forgotten Books can be bought with NC Coins and Energy of Protection can be bought with NC Coins if you bought it those quantities without a battle base it still the same 1400 NC Coins......  Also you have to put in "time"  I guess killing 600,000 mobs over a month is a lot as just do your clan quests a week is 16,000  mobs a week minimum  which many do in a few hours on Weds after maintenance lol  Never mind 2,500 mobs a day you do just keep play with your homunkulus.  I mean if your not xping don't buy it you still get it free the buffs and vit so how is that bad?


Also I play CoD and Halo but your comparing Apples to Oranges, FPS games are different to MMORPG.  Compare L2 to Lost Ark, WoW, Guild Wars, Diablo even is a better comparison.  I play lost ark with their battle pass system that is setup in same method of free premium and premium plus and to be honest I am at end game content without spending a dime in less than 2 months and about to walk away because nothing left to no reason to even spend money on a game that i didn't even have to buy or ever invest anything but time; no connections there no one really talks to each other; guilds are just there as a reason to get certain quests done kind of dull no reason to find an active guild.

Yes ! NC soft they ar outdate in evrything , Just instul after instult way? that's their L2 store marketing level. My point of view, hire people who are good or are a little more mature so as not to make silliness like these, if you cantnot  just put in L2 shoop weapons Dw, claws, jewelers ... Everything a player can have to play the game. In the end it still pays off. But doing  things like this, people are starting to  question what the hell is going on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its not actual value, battle/season pass monetization practice is solely to promote players to play their game, nobody looks  if its valued according to their store because the store is hilarious overpriced. These are the same people who put BEWR for 120 coins and you tell me about actual value?

 

You bring me Lost Ark who is infinite better in terms of f2p and doesn't need thousands upon thousands  to compete on hight lvl because of how pvp is designed . Wow is a subscription based mmo like L2 used to be, il gladly take that and no their store monetization is getting criticized upon for years now.

Guild Wars 2? the game runs countless of discounts DAILY and has infinite more content?

Dibalo immortal is garbage we completely agree on that.

 

You keep saying comparing apples to oranges but tell me exactly how its different to Destiny 2. Heck Destiny got way more mmoRPG elements  than l2 has, more quests, more instances, more loot more activities in general. They actually have raid bosses and way more content with an active pvp with multiple modes. Lineage 2 is nowhere near the content provided there.

We play in a game where people stop making cps anymore to exp because everything is done either solo or with boxes and people getting more bored and bored ans you ask for the same people to spend more time in order to get few items just because you think its a value?

90% of the content of the game drops 0 items..... 0 while we barely have few zones here and there to make us login.

 

Screw the guys that decides to go vacation for 1 week and loses the best reward because he couldn't afford to exp non stop or doesnt have items to farm solo or find party, especially if you're on Naia.

These buffs you keep bringing hold minimal to zero value to anyone outside people that already can farm. 5 % matk and defenses wont save me from monsters killing me or anyone else that cant farm already the content. So they just become mostly  5 % buff stacking fodders that expire if you dont use them,amazing.

 

This game has already soo many issues from pvp,clanwars to lack of content and terrible practices that only people who make a living or can justify the absurd expenses actually play it.

 

I rather have few cosmetics, different exp buffs, items that help me progress for 1 month than get 1 GK scrolls that is totally useless to me and even if i sell i cant buy nothing because the market is messed up. Thats how L2 works, there isnt such thing as actual value but only relative and someone can justify it. But because you and others justify it doesnt mean its the same for others and many more who share same views as me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the feedback regarding the L2 Pass and also the suggestions to improve it.

I'm following this thread and will be considering everyone's opinion for the following seasons.

Best regards,
Hermes

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...