why we play l2?

Brased

We know that the people (incluiding me) are too unhappy or angry with the game, so why we play l2 if we don't like how is the server or the game changes over the time? Are we waiting for a miracle and have fun like before? or maybe we don't want to accept that we must look for other games or server to don't waste our time. 

I have less fun than before, but i don't know why i don't leave the game jajaja so I want to read your opinions 

Several years ago, I used to play with some friends on a pirate server. There was a zen like quality that you can only get from grinding xp away on catacombs while you have weird philosophical discussions over teamspeak.

I decided to come back to this game over nostalgia, and since I have different friends now, I gave the 'official servers' a try on my own, just because.

That was a year ago, before salvation, played for 46ish days, made tyrr gk, paulina ran out, my non enchanted-non sa R95 gear sucked, and there was no way to get gold. So i stopped.

I came back 61 or so days ago, made a new character, decided to try a feoh (Over the AoE nostalgia from the Old'en days), Its fun in a way, to get xp and slowly lvl up. And occassionally meet new people from your own country. As long as you ignore the outrageous store promos, and realize that the only way anyone gets money without the l2store is by scamming people. (Look at giran with a fine tooth comb dammit).

So, in conclusion, I like to do AoE grinding, I like talking to people over weird game optimization/lack of documentation things, dungeons are new to me and the game feels like it opened up at 99 (Since that's the minimum lvl you get picked up at randoms for decent dungeons and even some epics).

Event weapons are a plus ofc, no one will discriminate much against a red emperor staff instead of a R95+4 staff with 1 SA. (And every dungeon will be faster too)

i am 103/104 lvl wynn/feoh. I try to find a reason to play every day but my online game time is little comparing with the past.

So why we play this game is a hard question to be answered.

So i ll give you 1 other question. Not only you but all the players that reading this topic.

We imagine game becomes greater next years?

9/10 people that play in this game will answer no, game will not exist in next years unless company policy changes.

So to your question the only true answer that i can give you is that we play with the hope of someday the developers of this game will make true some of the stuff that people is writing here at forums .

These is the only reason that makes us play l2 nowdays.

Hope...... 

Well put Volotron.  I took a long break (started in May 2004 with Prelude...had several deployments in the military), then came back about a year ago.  I'm 105 Storm Feoh/ 102 Mage Feoh (really like Feoh class).  I would say same thing (though some events, certainly not most - and not this last one, have helped with leveling and gear some last year).  BTW - I lost all my characters and gear several years ago when gone for another deployment, and NCSoft changed the Login (used our emails, etc.) and lost years of work and gear.  Hope, and having good clan mates to do things with (who are understanding that I work a lot, and don't have near the time that I used to for L2) are really the best answers.

I dont know how things work with othe games....I play only L2.
For me...this ballet we have now, that addiction(seems like none consider that) are as complicated as a very bad marriage. The male(aka NcWest) keep abusing woman(aka players)-pls no sexual allusion here, but the woman keep stay with male and hope for the better times that will never come.
So, Ill say for you loud and clear: we play this game because we have an addiction for L2.

Lmfao.. NCWest pictured all redneck in a white wife beater tee... driving a big truck to compensate, while their family starves.. that put a smile on my face :)

I play just cause i can make my own party, my schedule is one thats 24/7 365 oncall, with very few 8hr days.. so finding a CP is not gonna happen for me.. I do my solo dailies when i have time, or join a party dailies when i can.. 

Not sure why i still play, 1 shot at sieges.. but i go when i can.

I could be playing drop in games, fps.. but same nonsense with different hacks... 

Events are the dumbest, p2w bs is even pissing off whales.. which is funny, the only change ncsoft made after hearing that events were screwing over regular players? Screw over whales too.. now everyone is happy right.. lolz..

8 hours ago, Volotron said:

i am 103/104 lvl wynn/feoh. I try to find a reason to play every day but my online game time is little comparing with the past.

So why we play this game is a hard question to be answered.

So i ll give you 1 other question. Not only you but all the players that reading this topic.

We imagine game becomes greater next years?

9/10 people that play in this game will answer no, game will not exist in next years unless company policy changes.

So to your question the only true answer that i can give you is that we play with the hope of someday the developers of this game will make true some of the stuff that people is writing here at forums .

These is the only reason that makes us play l2 nowdays.

Hope...... 

so nostalgic jajaja :(

Well i started today. Used to play when Goddess of D. got released until  Infinite Oddysey i think.  Let me tell you something. I have tried a lot of mmorpgs these last years. Nothing comes close to L2. All the games are either boring to hell with carebears or with fake PVP inside an arena, "PVP zones" and different channels inside a server. Others are just pointless endgame with grind to make cosmetics or doing the same same endboss endlessly for god knows why reason.

BnS, GW2, Tera, Reve, Neverwinter, etc etc. I have tried more or less everything the market has to offer for now. They all suck for one reason or the other.

I am not saying L2 is perfect, no no its far from it but IMO gives a satisfaction other games can only dream of.

~People cant get bored if they cant get high end gear easily without paying big money in the first place~ Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

i play because i have good friends, a lot of fun doing differents things... not only the same every day

when I started playing lineage (c2), I was very happy with the "L2 world", I used to spend more time walking around the game, discovering new places, new mobs, new quests, than actually playing, pvps, etc. 

currently the game gives you the logical sequence of quests to get lvl fast, and many places and quests are abandoned. u need get lvl and items fast to do what? die easy for a rich guy.... 

soo i still running to get good stuffs... endgame will never come for me, but still fun because i can see a different way to play than the majority of players. 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:11 PM, ZooArcher said:

Lmfao.. NCWest pictured all redneck in a white wife beater tee... driving a big truck to compensate, while their family starves.. that put a smile on my face :)

I play just cause i can make my own party, my schedule is one thats 24/7 365 oncall, with very few 8hr days.. so finding a CP is not gonna happen for me.. I do my solo dailies when i have time, or join a party dailies when i can.. 

Not sure why i still play, 1 shot at sieges.. but i go when i can.

I could be playing drop in games, fps.. but same nonsense with different hacks... 

Events are the dumbest, p2w bs is even pissing off whales.. which is funny, the only change ncsoft made after hearing that events were screwing over regular players? Screw over whales too.. now everyone is happy right.. lolz..

Whales forget fast . Usually after 1 h .

This game is hard, and it can't be easy, imagine, "everything so easy", everything would be collapsed.

You must find the entertainment that the game can give you, if not, the door is very wide. You will not make an any change in NCwest policy.

L2 Addiction ?, I dont know ... will there be cocaine's addicts,  complaining about the characteristics of it?

Im happy.

Good question, I guess nostalgia + I like this game very much. Though, the way I have recently been treated by the community manager whose name I dare not speak ;), would make me give up any other service i use as a customer. If I ever quit it will be because of the 'support' i.e. the low quality of it.

I play probably because of old times, nostalgia or similar.

I started with creation of Teon server. Time when human mage was master of sleeping skill, You could hunt even without weapon using decay and sleep.

But most tempting was clan hunts for mats because crafting worked and a fact that nobody was in hurry like today.

We used to walk to hunting areas or to another town to save adena as TP seemed to expensive, We used to hunt without shoots to save adena.

Today everyone want things to be done fast. If an instance is not done in fem min discussion raise about who made what wrong and telling names is as normal.

Once in a time there was rumor of L3 coming and I had high hopes but nothing happened,

Game witch claim to be L3 is just bad copy of L2.

So im here like i guess everyone else as nothing better is on horizon.

First off I play this game for the friends I've made and continue to make. But mainly I've stuck around because this is one of the best made games in the history of gaming with the worse management team the world has ever known. I still play WoW, and I find myself other games to checkout and have fun with, but none have the look and feel of L2. If only someone like Blizzard had bought out this game it would be....Ncsoft has no idea what this game could/should be. They spend more time thinking up money moves that they call events. How a company this bad thought up a game this good i'll never know. Sooo many failed opportunities and they still don't get it. 14yr old game that plays better than games that came out this year and they just don't realize what they have. 

7 hours ago, SleepingPower said:

I play probably because of old times, nostalgia or similar.

I started with creation of Teon server. Time when human mage was master of sleeping skill, You could hunt even without weapon using decay and sleep.

But most tempting was clan hunts for mats because crafting worked and a fact that nobody was in hurry like today.

We used to walk to hunting areas or to another town to save adena as TP seemed to expensive, We used to hunt without shoots to save adena.

Today everyone want things to be done fast. If an instance is not done in fem min discussion raise about who made what wrong and telling names is as normal.

Once in a time there was rumor of L3 coming and I had high hopes but nothing happened,

Game witch claim to be L3 is just bad copy of L2.

So im here like i guess everyone else as nothing better is on horizon.

I understand your point but for example I was playing here for about a year. I don't buy NC so for me is VERY difficult have gear because I don't have many ways to get adena and sometimes is frustrating, because i don't see progress :(

4 hours ago, Ricca said:

First off I play this game for the friends I've made and continue to make. But mainly I've stuck around because this is one of the best made games in the history of gaming with the worse management team the world has ever known. I still play WoW, and I find myself other games to checkout and have fun with, but none have the look and feel of L2. If only someone like Blizzard had bought out this game it would be....Ncsoft has no idea what this game could/should be. They spend more time thinking up money moves that they call events. How a company this bad thought up a game this good i'll never know. Sooo many failed opportunities and they still don't get it. 14yr old game that plays better than games that came out this year and they just don't realize what they have. 

I have said this for years. This company and the two people that work on this game are totally destroying it. If this game was run by blizzard, or any other company really, it would have multiple full servers. 

Archived