Hime

[News] Golden Compass Event

I'm late to the party and probably won't earn enough coins between now and the end to get a bracelet, let alone the enchants. Oh well, next time...if I'm still here.

RaistlinIII    9
3 hours ago, Juji said:

There are no plans to extend the Golden Compass event since we already pushed it back a week from the original end date. The Dev team's intentions for this event in Korea and other regions was to run it multiple times, so players could eventually get to a +10 Bracelet. We will run it again in the future with additional modifications and more detailed information to prevent having another rocky start.

Thank you for the update Juji.  Please see if we can run the event again soon (also with the option to do it 2x per day again) - if possible, by Christmas break :)

Edited by RaistlinIII

cmquake    9
On 11/6/2018 at 7:06 PM, Jinkariya said:

This event's mechanics is totally random which is sad a week ago did 2 instance first run 26th stage got 60 2nd run same 26th stage got 40 it will be nice if you guys extend the event for another month just to make sure everyone gets equal opportunity here :)  

It is not random. The version of Melkios you get (I believe) is directly linked to how fast you can kill the mobs at the boss stage which for me, Wynn 103 is always stage 18 from day 1. I discovered this last week and am consistently getting 60 marks for each run. You don't even have to kill all the mobs, just as many as you can as quickly as you can till (Beserk) Melkios spawns. When the boss spawns the remaining mobs don't matter any more so if you need to immediately BSOE out, get buffed, go back in and (if your pdef is ok) lure him somewhere free of remaining mobs and put your back to the wall so he can't push you away (melee DDs) to finish him off.

Now if you're a P2W DD none of this matters since you can finish everything off in quick time but for support classes and those who can't deal fantastic damage IGNORE the Beserkers and kill as many Servants/Archers/Soldiers/Seers/Wraiths (Seers also have a bit more HP but they've never been a problem for me) as you can till the boss spawns. The Beserkers are basically tanks that have been put in there to delay and mess with you. They don't do much damage anyway as far as I've observed but I think they can also knock you down. Only once have I ever killed every single mob before Beserk Melkios spawned, the rest of the time he spawns after I've killed something like maybe 10 or so mobs.

Also I believe you will only get EAR/BEAR etc. from the Beserk version of Votan. So far I only got him 3 times and got 2 EARs and a BEAR. Not sure exactly how to get Beserk Votan consistently, it's always been random for me no matter how differently I play.

Hope this helps.. it seems to work for me. Be sure to kill everything in every stage before the boss stage too, at least I do not want to know what the consequences are for missing a mob in the stages prior to Melkios ^_^

• Thanks 1

Draecke    245

nah it's random as I've always gotten Beserk Melkios and sofar now it has happen that I've gotten 3x only 40 marks from it so meh...

OmenOfSteel    124

The number of coins is indeed tied to the boss you get:

So far I have gotten 60 coins each run, always had the boss "Berserker Grand Wizard Melkios".

One time I've done too much chatting, I died once, maybe I also left a mob alive at some stage. I reached stage 25 but got "Grand Wizard Melkios" (without the "Berserker") and was rewarded 40 coins.

cmquake    9
55 minutes ago, Draecke said:

nah it's random

Perhaps. In any case, you and Omen are both higher in level and do far more stages than me so maybe for lowbies things are different. The mobs at the final boss stage are yellow to me and Beserk Melkios is red so maybe I'm getting a better reward for difficulty. Who can say?

GhostShadow    7

Edit: This instruction is mainly for people who are entry level or don't have great equipment.

Whatever you do, kill the archers first and the ranged mage attackers next. You can pretty much outrun the rest and kill the lot of them by attrition even if you have average gear. And take heal pots. Lots of Super Juice heal pots.

Edited by GhostShadow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mixa    161
On 08/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, Draecke said:

nah it's random as I've always gotten Beserk Melkios and sofar now it has happen that I've gotten 3x only 40 marks from it so meh...

meh, it's not random, since like 2 weeks now I'm always getting Berserk one and it always gives me 60 marks, you're confused, since the normal one gives 40 and there is a lesser version that gives 25.

Make your research better.

MalumInSe    4

The last 4 times that I did it I got the Merkis Grand Wizard thingie, or whatever it's called. 60 coins each time. It usually appears around the 14th or 15th wave for me.

Also, for those looking for strategies, you don't really need one. You can BSOE at any time and reenter. You can rebuff and heal up outside before reentering, so have your buffbot parked in Gludin ready to give your prophecies, battle rhapsody, whatever. When you go back in, you can cherry pick which ones to kill. I agree about killing the ranged attack types first, since they're the only ones you can't really outrun. Otherwise, it's simple and straightford. They only aggro you once you attack them after reentering, so plan your attack and wipe them out.

Once the sub-boss and boss appear, you don't need to attack the regular mobs. Focus on boss and spawns. If AOE, make sure you lure boss to an open area away from the regular mobs that you didn't kill. If they get caught in your AOE only then will they attack you.

Edited by MalumInSe
  • Thanks 1