Somethin is definitely WRONG here

rangomal

Im farming solo with my spoiler in felmere harvesting grounds.Iv been here 2 hours or so.Out of 60 bears i killed only 2 had spoil spweep.Then i observed 3 bots farming around there,a spoiler a crafter and a PP.Thing is i saw as the spoiler got 4 bears spoiled loot in a ROW.Then missed one and then got 2 more in a Row.All this in 2 Whole minutes.SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG HERE AND ITS NOT JUST MY BAD LUCK.Is it possible not only spoil is bugged for the players but not bugged for bots?Doesnt make sense at all wtf.

Sounds off lol.  1 spoil per hour isn't right.  Even if you're just casting spoil once without making sure it landed you'd still be getting more than 1 spoil per hour.  Something is wrong or you're grossly overestimating that 1 per hour figure. 

There's a few factors involved there, they might be level 28 with Spoil 3, that's probably landing on every green mob and you have Spoil 2 probably only landing on every other white ranked mob and then factor in Lineage 2's goofy/RNG/luck rate... 

40 minutes ago, Karnz said:

There's a few factors involved there, they might be level 28 with Spoil 3, that's probably landing on every green mob and you have Spoil 2 probably only landing on every other white ranked mob and then factor in Lineage 2's goofy/RNG/luck rate... 

Nope! I though the same, that..being higher level in spoil I will sweep more often. That's not it. The rates are the same.

18 hours ago, Saffi said:

Why is there no reply from NCsoft about the spoil rate ?

They might have nerfed it on purpose because this server is becoming botting paradise. Just came to spider nest and saw 11 spoilers around me, 3 not botting, we were checking with a friend. Oh and also on the way I met person I reported by submitting ticket for botting 2 weeks ago, actually he was botting with 3 accounts - [edited to remove names], all ended up with debuffs and eventually dead from mobs. [edited] now is his buffer 30+ Shilen oracle because he had vampiric buff. 
Sounds sad right? Never seen such a huge botting quantity.

2 hours ago, sour said:

Having a higher level spoil does not increase the chances of you spoiling items.

It only increases the chances of spoil success (of the skill landing).

At least that's the way its supposed to be fmu.

To a newb like me, this make zero sense. I have never, ever seen Spoil get "resisted" when cast on a mob (only lvl30). Spoil has always been, in my experience, a Yes/No RNG thing on whether it triggers on mob death, with the level of the skill having some influence on that RNG (I've had more success with higher ranked Spoil).

18 minutes ago, Xandori said:

To a newb like me, this make zero sense. I have never, ever seen Spoil get "resisted" when cast on a mob (only lvl30). Spoil has always been, in my experience, a Yes/No RNG thing on whether it triggers on mob death, with the level of the skill having some influence on that RNG (I've had more success with higher ranked Spoil).

Ok. Just so there is no miscommunication, I will help explain better. There are 2 steps to getting items through spoiling.

1. spoil

2. sweep

When you cast spoil, it has chance to work or not work. It will tell you in system chat ONLY if skill was successful.

If spoil is successful, you have chance to get item from using sweeping skill. Items are not guaranteed.

Your spoil level only increases your chance to land spoil. It does not increase your chance to get item from using sweep skill.

However, in past iterations of Lineage 2: your character level in relation to mob you're spoiling (the mobs color) does influence your chance to get items when sweeping. Red = bad. Green = good. I don't know if that's true in this version though.

1 hour ago, Euthanaisa said:

How do you actually know these guys are bots? I got accused being a bot because I was watching Netflix while playing and didn't pay attention to in game msgs.. I think yall call just anyone bots

For example - mob is hitting his summon, he sometimes heal summon and nothing else, he isn't killing it, just standing healing summon every several seconds.
Example nr.2 - he's running to the mob, it's 100% obvious he won't even be able to cast a skill on it because N people are already started doing it, mob dead, in a matter of milisecond he switches to another mob.
Example nr.3 - you decide to check example nr.2, as soon as you mention "bot" in chat, they start doing soe.
Example nr.4 -you heal his mobs, he's not responding at all but still clicking magics until he dies.

11 hours ago, sour said:

Having a higher level spoil does not increase the chances of you spoiling items.

It only increases the chances of spoil success (of the skill landing).

At least that's the way its supposed to be fmu.

fmu = for my uncle?? that makes very little sense!

4 hours ago, kupuldog said:

For example - mob is hitting his summon, he sometimes heal summon and nothing else, he isn't killing it, just standing healing summon every several seconds.
Example nr.2 - he's running to the mob, it's 100% obvious he won't even be able to cast a skill on it because N people are already started doing it, mob dead, in a matter of milisecond he switches to another mob.
Example nr.3 - you decide to check example nr.2, as soon as you mention "bot" in chat, they start doing soe.
Example nr.4 -you heal his mobs, he's not responding at all but still clicking magics until he dies.

It is Example #2. etc ###############################################################

17 hours ago, IceAge said:

Nope! I though the same, that..being higher level in spoil I will sweep more often. That's not it. The rates are the same.

My point is that the mobs are not actually getting spoiled because spoil doesn't land and it makes me wonder if some people are confusing this with bad spoil rates.

"The spoil condition has been activated"

I don't think the spoils are as bad as some are making it out to be, the rates could be better though.

But the biggest problem I see are mobs that should spoiling multiples are only spoiling one mat.

Example: Lesser Basilisk should be spoiling 1-3 Animal Bones, I'm not seeing that, I'm just getting one, but they do at least spoil at a decent rate about 1/3 from what I've noticed.

The Plunder Tarantula will spoil 2 Suedes and a lizardman on Windmill hill spoils 2 Bandages, Suede and Bandages...yeehaw...

I have been seeing this a lot and thought I'd just put my thoughts in here.

A lot of veteran players coming back and newer players coming in to something that they're not use to stating spoil rates are indifferent. I will not argue that something is wrong but I have to point out that this version of "Classic" is not actually Classic. It's been modified and a lot of people are trying to compare old spoil rates from a long time ago to this along with searching online spoil rates from a L2 Calculator's. These are not accurate other then possibly letting you know vaguely what is possible to drop/spoil.

With this said, we did a test yesterday at the Ruin's of Agony, myself as a 22 scavenger and another as a 22 artisan just to see. Interesting findings that will be tested again tonight but as for spoil rate nothing was really different minus I hit 100% of my spoils. She hit around 75% but as for item spoils they were the same in the end. We roughly killed the same amount of mob. This shows proof that this mechanic is the same as mentioned above to what old classic had. With that said, if you are a scavenger you should be hitting 95% to 100% of your spoil skill at like leveled mobs. This won't change your Sweep itself though.

What was interesting though is the amount of Adena I collected was more at similar mob. I'd have thrown this away as just luck but it was an amount that can't be ignored. A head of time, both her and I are VIP level 1 so percentage of drop is the exactly the same for bonus'. We did this with absolutely no buffs other then the hunting grounds orbs that dropped. I gathered approximately 3k extra adena for similar (give or take a couple mob) kill ratio. We played one hour and the amount is pure raw adena gather without selling any materials.

Mobs targeted:

Skeleton Tracker Captains (39) - Low spoil/drop rates other then orbs.
Skeleton Tracker (35)- Approximately a 1/2 to 1/3 thread drop rate per spoil for scavenger
Zombie Ruin Leader (23) - Approximately a 1/2 to 1/3 stem drop rate per spoil for scavenger
* We ignored Ruin Skeletons and Skeleton Scouts for this run as we were staying with green's and whites

So a total of 97 mob
* Total item for scavenger was about 17 thread from the trackers, 12 for stems from Zombies, Captains did give some varnish (about 5).
* There were also some other items but the drop rate was very low (1 item in the entire hour like mithril ore from captain or 1 charcoal from captain)
* Drops were low as well with 1 low boot dropping from captain, 4 antidote from a mix of Zombies and Skeletons
* 1 Glove lining from a Tracker

As for the Artisan:
* She did not get the same results but successfully obtained different items
* She received 9 Leather Glove Linings from Trackers (spoil)
* Antidote from zombies (8, spoil)
* 5 Stem from Zombies
* High Grade Suede Recipe from Skeleton TC (x3)

The Adena difference between scavenger and artisan
* Scav - 8.4k (rounded up to nearest hundred mark)
* Art - 4.7k (again, rounded up to nearest hundred mark)

This shows a few things in my thought though:

* One, there is a new mechanic that may have been thought of when it comes to what spoils and what rate that is
* Two, Possible change last week to Adena may have changed other systems. Adena increase was suppose to be across the board for everyone (which was) but a multiplier being used for dwarf spoil/sweep may not be coded the same way which the change may have messed with
* Three, this is not true classic, it's modified so old data will be highly inaccurate and will have to be re-evaluated.

Short Summary:
Yes, something is different with the spoil system for classic. It should probably be looked in to if it was intended. Text wall is for you data freaks. Enjoy!

21 minutes ago, Failen said:

I have been seeing this a lot and thought I'd just put my thoughts in here.

A lot of veteran players coming back and newer players coming in to something that they're not use to stating spoil rates are indifferent. I will not argue that something is wrong but I have to point out that this version of "Classic" is not actually Classic. It's been modified and a lot of people are trying to compare old spoil rates from a long time ago to this along with searching online spoil rates from a L2 Calculator's. These are not accurate other then possibly letting you know vaguely what is possible to drop/spoil.

With this said, we did a test yesterday at the Ruin's of Agony, myself as a 22 scavenger and another as a 22 artisan just to see. Interesting findings that will be tested again tonight but as for spoil rate nothing was really different minus I hit 100% of my spoils. She hit around 75% but as for item spoils they were the same in the end. We roughly killed the same amount of mob. This shows proof that this mechanic is the same as mentioned above to what old classic had. With that said, if you are a scavenger you should be hitting 95% to 100% of your spoil skill at like leveled mobs. This won't change your Sweep itself though.

What was interesting though is the amount of Adena I collected was more at similar mob. I'd have thrown this away as just luck but it was an amount that can't be ignored. A head of time, both her and I are VIP level 1 so percentage of drop is the exactly the same for bonus'. We did this with absolutely no buffs other then the hunting grounds orbs that dropped. I gathered approximately 3k extra adena for similar (give or take a couple mob) kill ratio. We played one hour and the amount is pure raw adena gather without selling any materials.

Mobs targeted:

Skeleton Tracker Captains (39) - Low spoil/drop rates other then orbs.
Skeleton Tracker (35)- Approximately a 1/2 to 1/3 thread drop rate per spoil for scavenger
Zombie Ruin Leader (23) - Approximately a 1/2 to 1/3 stem drop rate per spoil for scavenger
* We ignored Ruin Skeletons and Skeleton Scouts for this run as we were staying with green's and whites

So a total of 97 mob
* Total item for scavenger was about 17 thread from the trackers, 12 for stems from Zombies, Captains did give some varnish (about 5).
* There were also some other items but the drop rate was very low (1 item in the entire hour like mithril ore from captain or 1 charcoal from captain)
* Drops were low as well with 1 low boot dropping from captain, 4 antidote from a mix of Zombies and Skeletons
* 1 Glove lining from a Tracker

As for the Artisan:
* She did not get the same results but successfully obtained different items
* She received 9 Leather Glove Linings from Trackers (spoil)
* Antidote from zombies (8, spoil)
* 5 Stem from Zombies
* High Grade Suede Recipe from Skeleton TC (x3)

The Adena difference between scavenger and artisan
* Scav - 8.4k (rounded up to nearest hundred mark)
* Art - 4.7k (again, rounded up to nearest hundred mark)

This shows a few things in my thought though:

* One, there is a new mechanic that may have been thought of when it comes to what spoils and what rate that is
* Two, Possible change last week to Adena may have changed other systems. Adena increase was suppose to be across the board for everyone (which was) but a multiplier being used for dwarf spoil/sweep may not be coded the same way which the change may have messed with
* Three, this is not true classic, it's modified so old data will be highly inaccurate and will have to be re-evaluated.

Short Summary:
Yes, something is different with the spoil system for classic. It should probably be looked in to if it was intended. Text wall is for you data freaks. Enjoy!

LOL, were you on TI?  If so, I was out in the same area last night on my Artisan.  And got almost the exact same results as the Artisan you were comparing with.  So many Leather Glove Linings I don't know what to do with them all.  LOL.

3 hours ago, Karnz said:

My point is that the mobs are not actually getting spoiled because spoil doesn't land and it makes me wonder if some people are confusing this with bad spoil rates.

I don't think the spoils are as bad as some are making it out to be, the rates could be better though.

But the biggest problem I see are mobs that should spoiling multiples are only spoiling one mat.

Example: Lesser Basilisk should be spoiling 1-3 Animal Bones, I'm not seeing that, I'm just getting one, but they do at least spoil at a decent rate about 1/3 from what I've noticed.

The Plunder Tarantula will spoil 2 Suedes and a lizardman on Windmill hill spoils 2 Bandages, Suede and Bandages...yeehaw...

/facepalm 

13 minutes ago, zzzzzzzz said:

thats not for /facepalm bro  .

when mob that supposed to spoil 1-5 stem with 80% chance   gives u 1 stem at 20% its like 0.03 spoil rate.  30 TIMES LOWER .

Nono, I know! I am on your side.

Facepalm for : 

4 hours ago, Karnz said:

On 10/22/2018 at 11:05 PM, rangomal said:

Im farming solo with my spoiler in felmere harvesting grounds.Iv been here 2 hours or so.Out of 60 bears i killed only 2 had spoil spweep.Then i observed 3 bots farming around there,a spoiler a crafter and a PP.Thing is i saw as the spoiler got 4 bears spoiled loot in a ROW.Then missed one and then got 2 more in a Row.All this in 2 Whole minutes.SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG HERE AND ITS NOT JUST MY BAD LUCK.Is it possible not only spoil is bugged for the players but not bugged for bots?Doesnt make sense at all wtf.

lol, dewd!

Look in your basket, not the in the other's one.

Archived