lvl 55+ exp adjustment

15 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

Thank you for being patient while I find answers. I followed up with the team on this and unfortunately, we made a communication error about seeing a gain with cumulative XP after level 55. The change that was made today was a reduction in XP required for level 55 to level 56 and no visual changes can be seen from your character. This means, as you have noted, you will not see an increase in cumulative XP and you will not see an increase percentage of XP.

We sincerely apologize for this miscommunication. We'll be spawning Angel Cat on the servers before day's end and there will be future bonus XP events. Thank you.

Very gooooooddd
is the new NCsoft event of April 1?
and you, that thought, that NCSoft could not get worse ....... gotcha!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BadCrab said:

Uau ... isso é uma coisa clássica da NCSoft bem aqui.

Perfect!
Did not you guys want to play classic? 
Server classic, Maintenance and corrections classics and NCsoft being classic !!! Welcome to classic

42 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

Thank you for being patient while I find answers. I followed up with the team on this and unfortunately, we made a communication error about seeing a gain with cumulative XP after level 55. The change that was made today was a reduction in XP required for level 55 to level 56 and no visual changes can be seen from your character. This means, as you have noted, you will not see an increase in cumulative XP and you will not see an increase percentage of XP.

We sincerely apologize for this miscommunication. We'll be spawning Angel Cat on the servers before day's end and there will be future bonus XP events. Thank you.

I'm not really going to complain because I feel that you are trapped by an external provider that communicates very badly the implementation of server settings, that is why you have constant communication problems and errors.

As a recommendation with the best of intentions I would tell you to investigate the effects of the patches before speaking to the community.

If they tell you that there will be an increase in experience, check with a couple of players, the same for other changes. Check them first and then communicate them because if not the one that affects your reputation is you and not your provider.

Sincerely at this point you should already realize the inability of the company to provide you with clear and accurate information, do not believe anything of what they say until you prove it yourself.

33 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

This so unbelievably unprofessional and quite insulting, though it seems the l2 community has gotten used to this by now....not to mention its just the latest of a long stream of fumbles and unnecessary mistakes that can be avoided with minimal QA.

The company is taking advantage of nostalgia and a very loyal player base to perform a money grab...which I AM FINE WITH....but DUDE...at least try to make it like you guys give a damn. All servers are completely infested with bots and adena sellers, the drop rates were broken from the get go ( and yes, you can make due if you know how, but at the expense of a large portion of the population that is leaving in droves ), not one single GM ingame ever ( which would be able to very effectively deal with bots and people with 12 boxes ) and so on and on and on.

It is shameful and SAD that because you know some people will still stay and enjoy the game even under these circumstances the company is fine with disrespecting those that stand by them and pay for the product.

BlackStar, I think it's painfully obvious that NCWest doesn't have access to even a basic test server for pre-deployment purposes.  NCWest really is a shell, maybe a dozen people spread between server admins, billing employees, and customer care (lol).

2 minutes ago, BadCrab said:

BlackStar, I think it's painfully obvious that NCWest doesn't have access to even a basic test server for pre-deployment purposes.  NCWest really is a shell, maybe a dozen people spread between server admins, billing employees, and customer care (lol).

Then they should say so : Guys theres like 4 of us left, we are doing the best we can.

42 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

@Hime

Thank you for your response, while I don't agree with this I understand it is out of your control.  It is not very fair that people 55+ have lost more exp from death, grinded more exp to get that level, it would only make sense to adjust the total exp gain relative to overall exp required per lvl.  Thank you again or responding,

21 minutes ago, BadCrab said:

The problem is that it is not even necessary to have a test server. Just log in and find an active 56 lvl player and ask him. "You had some increase in your experience bar, it's a setting that I'm evaluating" He replies, you give him an angel cat buff prize and follow your path as a good mod.

Also if you want to evaluate that the experience setting is real, just create a character and fill it with experience scrolls until level 55 ... then count the amount of scrolls you use to go up 55-56 and that's it, you know how much you need now .

They are small details of control that would make a world of difference, with only a little time, love and dedication to the server. The same with bots, 15 minutes of your time and clean the complete bot server.

56 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

This is worse than not touching it, because it affected different players unequally.  You'd be better off to reverse the "fix" so everyone is equal.

35 minutes ago, FatHips said:

This is worse than not touching it, because it affected different players unequally.  You'd be better off to reverse the "fix" so everyone is equal.

As long as it benefits those who are trying to catch up, it is fine (and probably even intentional).

36 minutes ago, outlaw said:

stop crying about exp u already leveled. 
this forum is unbelievable LOL

You're missing the point.  We did push through it, and most didn't complain.  But now ya tell us ya screwed up and we will make it u to you, then take it back is beyond insulting.  

1 hour ago, outlaw said:

stop crying about exp u already leveled. 
this forum is unbelievable LOL

People spent money and time trying to get to level 56. The amount of Xp was almost double the normal amount.

The time that people used for xp runes cost them money over time so basically NcSoft stole money simply reducing and not providing the correct compensation which would have been to give players the amount of xp that they grinded for.

the thought that angel cat and future xp events is truly a slap in the face to those who already put in the work so now not only do players that were unaffected by the result now benefit so this is GM manipulation.

also let’s not forget about the weapons that were restored and they did not do anything about.

This company simply does not know how to run their game.

1 hour ago, LightRider said:

People spent money and time trying to get to level 56. The amount of Xp was almost double the normal amount.

The time that people used for xp runes cost them money over time so basically NcSoft stole money

So, when a company sells me an outdated product with a 50% discount, it "steals money" from its previous customers? I don't think so.

You paid that money to be ahead of the rest. You are still ahead of them.

17 minutes ago, Krissa said:

So, when a company sells me an outdated product with a 50% discount, it "steals money" from its previous customers? I don't think so.

You paid that money to be ahead of the rest. You are still ahead of them.

Please dont defend bad practice. They stole peoples time and money - its pretty simple.

8 minutes ago, Sieger said:

Please dont defend bad practice. They stole peoples time and money - its pretty simple.

It's not "bad practice", it's what every L2 update is doing - for a reason. Their mistake was the miscommunication, not the change itself. The change is good.

What a pointless utilization of your time. You'd have been more productive simply ignoring the complaints of this game being "Too hard" now you've manage to upset anyone who actually bothered to grind away at that ridiculous XP wall.

Worse yet, you make a promise that you don't even deliver on. These adjustments should not be that complicated to overcome. The issue is not solve by Angel Cat blessings - this is a benefit that everyone on the server gets. You need to address the people being affected by your change - anyone 55+.

So what will you do? Probably nothing. Please keep it that way. Simply do nothing. All you attempts to "make it better" have subsequently made it worse.

Archived