Item Removal for Upcoming Content Update

Arctic

• Administrators

Greetings everyone!

With the upcoming content update recently announced, we will be introducing some changes which we wanted to provide advanced notice of to give you ample time to prepare:

Dual Class Certification Skills: Any players who possess an abnormal number of Dual Class certification skills will have their class certification reset as a part of the Content Update. Please be aware that once this occurs, such players will need to redo their class certification.

Otherworld Atelia Refinery Time Recharge Stones: These items will be deleted with the Content Update due to new changes to the zone. Please use up your remaining items so that this has a minimal impact on you!

Quest Items: Proof of Dethrone and Invitation From the New World quest items will be deleted. Seek to complete this content as soon as you can!

Finally, the following items will also be removed:

• Traces of Ancient Kartia's Labyrinth
  • Ancient Kartia's Labyrinth Chronicle
  • Ancient Kartia's Labyrinth Origins

We hope you are looking forward to the update, and that this notice helps you tie up any loose ends!

• Like 3

@Arctic

Nice to hear and looking forward to the new updates.

Also is there any plans on making the game Cheaper over time so more people can fully enjoy it and compete us top players ,  just make the game cheaper it will be more attractive , more players, more fun, more content, good events.  you got my point :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iAndouille said:

@Arctic

Nice to hear and looking forward to the new updates.

Also is there any plans on making the game Cheaper over time so more people can fully enjoy it and compete us top players ,  just make the game cheaper it will be more attractive , more players, more fun, more content, good events.  you got my point :) 

I would like to echo Andouille's question, as the game is growing and more items / higher tier items are added and obtained, it is almost impossible for a new player to catch up / make it to the end game.  Does NCWEST have any plans to add any type of catch up mechanic for new players?  For a new player to come to the servers and see characters level 122, it is incredibly discouraging and seems almost pointless to start playing, knowing that type of character progression would take years to catch up to, and too Andouille's point, would be VERY expensive.

4 minutes ago, TimmyJohns said:

I would like to echo Andouille's question, as the game is growing and more items / higher tier items are added and obtained, it is almost impossible for a new player to catch up / make it to the end game.  Does NCWEST have any plans to add any type of catch up mechanic for new players?  For a new player to come to the servers and see characters level 122, it is incredibly discouraging and seems almost pointless to start playing, knowing that type of character progression would take years to catch up to, and too Andouille's point, would be VERY expensive.

They already added new mechanics for new players its called pay 2 win.

I think L2 is banned in Belgium and Netherlands due to promoting gambling on boxes.

Niceee! I hope for more funny and entertaining content. I play Kartia Labyrinth lv.110 all days, Baylor 105 and Kamaloka 105. And Crisis. All days... maybe could be change the mobs, bosses and rewards of Kartia for example, mondays something, tuesday another thing, thursday other. Anything Like this. More areas to hunt lv.105 / 115, more spots in Tannor Canyon, Field of Silence. Diferents Spots in the same zones, like Field of Mirrors, some spots like today, and other spots with less mobs for exalted players for example. More and different items to people who spend less money in the L2store, i buy Ncoins only when i can take advantage from the promotions but always are to much expensive items or randoms and don't work for me.

Another zone like Abandoned Coalmines would be great, for example Storm Isle. to players Lv.107 to 115.

Create items not only for pro-players, create and sell items in the L2store for exalted players who spend less money but spend too. I repeat, i like buy ncoins, but i almost never do because there are not items for me. Thanks

If only you would instruct the Dev team to really do a big check on items and allow us to delete stuff like Dawn Bracelet from warehouses and free up space by deleting legacy items.

NCSoft really dropping the ball on QoL updates.

[edit]

And please stop adding duplicate items! I have 5 different stacks of Emperor Cocktails!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gags said:

They already added new mechanics for new players its called pay 2 win.

I think L2 is banned in Belgium and Netherlands due to promoting gambling on boxes.

Yes I understand that :) but what I am getting at is even if you spend a million dollars on the game, it will still take months if not years to catch up from an exp perspective... I am sure any character who is level 115+ will 100% disagree with this (because it would invalidate there hard work over the years), but I am talking similar to WOW with a character boost option...something to skip the months/year of grinding from 105-115 where even if you have a million dollars worth of gear, you are still useless in regards to any end game activities due to level gap.

You should check for some group of "top" players buying and selling items at insane prices like 5-10T for 1 item.. it's a move to be able to sell them via rmt because most people don't have that amount adenas... There is already rmt in the world chat as if it were normal, it is legal now @Juji @Artic

15 hours ago, Arctic said:

Dual Class Certification Skills: Any players who possess an abnormal number of Dual Class certification skills will have their class certification reset as a part of the Content Update. Please be aware that once this occurs, such players will need to redo their class certification.

What does that mean? yo are saying that there are existing players that have an abnormal number of dual skills certification skills?

19 hours ago, Arctic said:

So it was known that some players were exploiting a bug ingame and it will be fixed now without any penalties? Is my understanding correct?

1 hour ago, SoMeTiMe said:

So it was known that some players were exploiting a bug ingame and it will be fixed now without any penalties? Is my understanding correct?

The players that abused the system and had extra dual certi skills are whales. So, no penalty for them. If NC ban the big spenders, they will lose money.

ya, wtf does this mean, there are people running around with extra benefits, you knew this and allow it to happen?  wars, castles, hero's, what else is unfair?  all questionable now?  scripts running for pvp, scripts for enchanting those dragon weapons, how are we supposed to feel safe about spending when all this crap is still going on?  unreal! 

ya know, people are leaving because the complete unbalance of game and that was overlooked?  

@Juji during the sale event https://www.lineage2.com/news/back-to-school-sale , last September, NCsoft has introduced daily sale for the recharge stone that will get deleted on this upcoming update. so for the players who bought a lot of the arteria stone and hoping to use them during the year will get affected by this deletion. I have contacted the support and the support team said they have nothing to do with development team and unable to assist.  are you able to at least turn on the 6hr limit for aterlia timed zone so people who has the stone can use them up before the udpate?

Also I noticed they can't be bought anymore with ncoin,  maybe announce that first next time so people who wanted COULD stock up.    I guess it prevents any1 from complaining  later but some of us still wanna use them.   CoD me on Chronos at a decent price and I'll take some off your hands.   Just 1 more thing pushin me away....

23 hours ago, Mitzza said:

Any more info on the update?

Check notes in korea as these wont say anything..

Only with ninja @Juji nerfs , "lead producer" aint got a clue whats going on, give me a break.. 

That only tells us that juji have 0 influence in the game he just copy paste files from korea translated to english..

They will rework Artelia  , we will get ability to enchant Epic Talisman and feoh soultakers will get their summons reworked and other crap so nothing fantastic to expect.

P.S. If you are lazy to use google translate in korean update site go to Core website and look back 3-4months back that's what we get as juji is always behind :D

6 hours ago, gags said:

Check notes in korea as these wont say anything..

Only with ninja @Juji nerfs , "lead producer" aint got a clue whats going on, give me a break.. 

That only tells us that juji have 0 influence in the game he just copy paste files from korea translated to english..

They will rework Artelia  , we will get ability to enchant Epic Talisman and feoh soultakers will get their summons reworked and other crap so nothing fantastic to expect.

P.S. If you are lazy to use google translate in korean update site go to Core website and look back 3-4months back that's what we get as juji is always behind :D

Ty. 

Reading about the game is actually more interesting than playing the game, so when Arctic drop the news made me very  curious. 

Hope the update is a  balanced one to keep the game interesting for some months.