[News] Lineage II Classic Server Launching October 3

Hime

Q: What languages does this release support?
As with the Live version of Lineage II, we’ll be officially supporting Classic in the North America region in English only.

The timezones for the servers are below:
Talking Island = GMT-2
Giran = GMT+1

It's clear after making these changes that EU population is quite big on NA servers, probably the South Americans as well. This was supposed to be NA region only, or it's just in case something happens and need to be protected by the law? With the lootbox issue that is gaining popularity in EU and recently in Australia, it's probably something like that. If it was based on NA players alone, one server would have been enough, isn't it?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, beleaua said:

It's clear after making these changes that EU population is quite big on NA servers, probably the South Americans as well. This was supposed to be NA region only, or it's just in case something happens and need to be protected by the law? With the lootbox issue that is gaining popularity in EU and recently in Australia, it's probably something like that. If it was based on NA players alone, one server would have been enough, isn't it?

Actually if you check NA servers' history, there were servers targetting NA population and servers targetting EU population ... It is going to be the same now ... No offense to NA players, but you are not the only players here ... All of these customers should be at least able to play and take part in all of these activities ... So, it would be plain stupid to put both servers on NA Timezone ... One of them will be on EU Timezone... Events/Oly/RBs/Etc ... It's how it must be ..

1 hour ago, CharlieBones said:

honeslty as an player from  an eu time zone  the current times are fine  even  is it was -4gmt it would still  be fine  

Players are used to wait for various events for long hours so yes it must be fine.

Like servers back after maintenance.

Or like waiting in Hunter Village  at Merlot for 5 long hours.

Or waiting for event witch might happen any time within 12 hours at Keucereus Alliance Base.

so we need Skill books ? I made all money from them, in EV

herbs ?

drop on death ?

Spellsinger's are the DD in this game right ?  just like they was in C1 C2 C3, then they killed it off till the last update here

tip make a dwarf for crafting shots and stuff and dwarf spoiler for your mats a dark elf healer for your Buffs and mp bank

if the spellsinger is still hard then make one of them

7 hours ago, CharlieBones said:

honeslty as an player from  an eu time zone  the current times are fine  even  is it was -4gmt it would still  be fine  

depends where in Europe you play from maybe.. the current server times are not actually NA times and what ppl here rightly so want are stuff like Sieges & Oly to take place aka starting at their 8pm which is quite late for anyone in Europe ;)

to be clear 8pm PST = 5am GMT+1

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

depends where in Europe you play from maybe.. the current server times are not actually NA times and what ppl here rightly so want are stuff like Sieges & Oly to take place aka starting at their 8pm which is quite late for anyone in Europe ;)

omg Draecke still alive and playing?!

2 hours ago, Draecke said:

i  get it  i  play from  the uk  so  for me seige times arearound 10/11pm  depending on daylight savings  so  not realy an issue for me  even  if they  made a server the same as zaken used to  be at -6gmt that would be better for alot of NA people  

2 hours ago, CharlieBones said:

i  get it  i  play from  the uk  so  for me seige times arearound 10/11pm  depending on daylight savings  so  not realy an issue for me  even  if they  made a server the same as zaken used to  be at -6gmt that would be better for alot of NA people  

don't think you fully got my point though, the current & old NCWests servers never reflected the real NA prime play times and that would be a -8 GMT server ;)

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-united-kingdom-england-london

aka in your case sieges would start at 4am on a Sunday

19 minutes ago, Draecke said:

don't think you fully got my point though, the current & old NCWests servers never reflected the real NA prime play times and that would be a -8 GMT server ;)

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-united-kingdom-england-london

aka in your case sieges would start at 4am on a Sunday

come to think  of it i  do  remember seiges being at those times lol 

Any chance we can have the same types of events from when prelude->c1/c2/c3 got introduced rather than the current cash shop based events for the classic? I remember some really fun grinding events back then, and I also remember the cash shop ones. Can you guys give us the authentic subscription based events you were offering the first few years after launch, please?

6 hours ago, Hustling said:

Any chance we can have the same types of events from when prelude->c1/c2/c3 got introduced rather than the current cash shop based events for the classic? I remember some really fun grinding events back then, and I also remember the cash shop ones. Can you guys give us the authentic subscription based events you were offering the first few years after launch, please?

No chance, Classic gets current events in only a thinly veiled disguise (e.g. Red Libra quests are for level 1-20/21-40/…/79+ instead of starting at 85+).

14 hours ago, PixyLicks said:

so we need Skill books ? I made all money from them, in EV

herbs ?

drop on death ?

Spellsinger's are the DD in this game right ?  just like they was in C1 C2 C3, then they killed it off till the last update here

tip make a dwarf for crafting shots and stuff and dwarf spoiler for your mats a dark elf healer for your Buffs and mp bank

if the spellsinger is still hard then make one of them

Yes, skill books for skills level 40+ do drop from monsters. Skill books are not required for any skills below level 20; level 20-40 books do not drop anywhere and must be purchased in Gludio grocery store. Despite that the name says Age of Splendor, actual Spellbook seller NPCs are omitted. In later updates, level 40+ skill books will be added to Aden grocery.

In case Gludio is Light, cheapest books like Acumen or Concentration are just below 9k, the most expensive being stuff like curse slow/chaos or zerker spirit; over 53k/each.

Monster kills will make you drop stuff that is droppable (even if not sellable to NPC, etc.).

SpS is a DD, just like Necro (Necro is NOT A SUMMONER).

Making dwarves is a very short sighted decision. This is GoD+ drop/spoil, so a BH is useless and WS is only useful in a clan setting (1-2/clan).
Plus, you will be getting a healthy injection of ss/sps (unblessed) throughout quests. VIPs/NCoin users won't need to buy shots at all.

22 hours ago, Limerence said:

Actually if you check NA servers' history, there were servers targetting NA population and servers targetting EU population ... It is going to be the same now ... No offense to NA players, but you are not the only players here ... All of these customers should be at least able to play and take part in all of these activities ... So, it would be plain stupid to put both servers on NA Timezone ... One of them will be on EU Timezone... Events/Oly/RBs/Etc ... It's how it must be ..

If you check their history yourself you can see that it was targeted both EU and NA because NCWest covered both territories in that time. Today that's no longer true with some of their games, since 2011-2012. I'm from EU and I don't agree with this, even more when they stated they will support NA region only. Very demanding of you to say it's how it must be. Why not Australians, South Americans, Africans, Middle Est and whatever territory is not covered demand one as well?

On 9/21/2018 at 2:39 PM, Limerence said:

Just for everybody to know and remember... few years ago innova enforce their royality contract and took CSI and EU(Eu just in theory) as exclusive for Innova. It was just when NcSoft restrict from playing CSI states, Moldova, Etc. and told rest of us EU players that they will not provide any support for games (also in theory coz they offered support ).
More then that, if you read EULA from contests you will find there which states can participate....if you read you will find an unpleasant surprise. Here:
''Eligibility:Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States of America, the District of Columbia, and legal residents of all provinces and territories in Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are the age of majority.''

More then that, our beloved Neutron state that ncstore prices are suited for american market thats why we have to pay 30-40% more then EU for same item.

NcSoft operate their game only for North American Continent and not even all continent and ofc South American States are not included- seeing brasilao lang there its just a curtoasy from them.
Therefore, Server time should be strictly on north american time....and that is: GMT-4 to GMT-8.

Bottom line, if you are from EU or live in some Eu country you should go play on Innova Servers.

@Hime Please make 3 server and give this EU haters 2 server with desired time zones and let them enjoy half populated classic servers :D EU servers are exist in ncwest for years... Why it should change when its come to classic ? @Pleistoros if you are going to pay my 3 account subs i can gladly play on innova servers. Stop being selfish. And respect EU players.

Archived