Nickname story

Huron

I was always curious about why some players chose any specific nickname. 
I'll start with mine :D maybe you wanna share also.

"Huron" means Ferret (in Spanish) and it's my dad's nickname. Ferrets like to keep small objects and stuff, as I like to do with my doorf.
Kinda silly but, c'mon, I bet you have cool stories behind it. ^_^

My real name is Javier, it starts with the letter Jay (J), and in spanish that would be Jota which is also my real life nickname.

It is very common, I guess I was lucky enough to have it in-game at Chronos and in forums.

My nickname is taken from Urian demon.

The demon Urian is the inspector general of black magic and sorcery and has dominion over all witches, according to German mythology. Appearing as a giant black goat, this demon copulates with witches and presides over their sabbaths.

I use my in game main avatar name and don't see why players on forum should use something else.

This info (in game name/contact) I miss just like ava pic which is apparently possible as Hime is represented with pic and not just with big letter H.

Do people need to hide from in game actions responsibility on forums?

About nickname story - on in game avatar creation L2 did not let me to use name I wanted and other ten different names were already in use.

So pissed a bit decided to create whatever just to let me in.

Few months latter I realized that I gave right name as it represent my state - just sleeping lol.

9 hours ago, Parangatimiruaru said:

Parangatimiruaru it's an abbreviation for Parangaricutirimirruaro, in pronouncing this the Witch Baratuxa perform her spells. :D
Withdrawn from the TV show, Chapolin. 
11;37

The correct word is Parangaricutirimícuaro actually, and it's an actual place in the state of Michoacan, Mexico (http://viamexico.mx/bienvenido-a-parangaricutirimicuaro/).

The town was rebuilt after it was devastated in 1943 by the eruption of the Paricutín, the youngest active volcano in the American continent. The story of the volcano and the town is quite interesting, the volcano formed in the middle of a farmer's field who noticed one day that smoke was coming from the ground. In the next few months/years the eruption was full on, a new 422m height volcano was born and the town was buried under lava and ashes. The complete official name of the town is San Juan Parangaricutiro, the Parangaricutirimícuaro version is used as a common name and tongue twister.

The Chespirito shows, (such as el Chapulín), used the word often in it's jokes. The word itself is of Purepecha origin, (the Purepechas are a native tribe in the region). The town and the tongue twister was made popular by tourists who came to the region to take a closer look at an active volcano.

There you go, your name has much more depth than you thought!. 

4 hours ago, Eccedentesiast said:

As a teenager, I had to use orthodontic braces. I didn't like it, so I was forced to fake a smile. 
Many other personal reasons fitted the nickname with time. That's why I have this one here and FakeSmile in game. ^_^

Thank Shilen and the gods for your lovely smile :x hahaha

I wasn't gonna post here but given I posted in reply to someone else's name, it's only fair I tell you mine: 

My forum name is brief for Oestemnet, this was the name of my first L2 toon ever. Oestemnet was a BD, (now ISS), that I started in prelude and it's my only surviving toon from that era. The word Oestemnet refers to the West Fold of Rohan in the LOTR mythos. When I was a kid, (about 11), I read the LOTR books and the experience changed me deeply, I fell in love with the story and became an avid fantasy reader since then. When I used to play the toon as my main, people started calling me Ossie, for which I constantly use that name on my alts.

My current main's name is Itillien which is also a LOTR reference and means "Land of the Moon" in Sindarin, the correct spelling is Ithillien but I had some issues with L2's naming system, so it ended up being what it is now. I may change it in the future to the correct spelling, who knows.

• L2 Team

Conguero refers to a male conga player and stems from Cuba. I've been a drummer for about 24 years and specialized for most of that time on congas and other Latin percussion. I've always liked this name 'cause it's fairly distinct where I'm from, but not obscure. 9_9

Aleira comes from mixing and matching few desired names for a toon. 
Love to see people say Aleria (cuz Valeria(?) is easier to write/pronounce) instead of Aleira. :)  Wasn't too sure about it at first, but a friend of mine said it sounds like a goddess' name, so that was that. ^_^ And I'm into the whole rare, exotic, mythological names. :) 

My original nickname was Cerberus, named after the keeper of Hades, the three-headed dog with a snake for a tail, reference to Greek mythology.

After a lot of turmoil with that toon and nerfs, I used only it's subclass, making it a buff slave to my new toon, Safestash.

Safestash, was just an alt where I kept all the valuables I made in L2 and was trying to sell to gear my main.

Then I fell in love with the dwarven weight limit and the all the stuff I could carry around, so I rerolled into a spoiler. Back in the day, spoilers were cool. Heavy armor users with blunts and shields, doing low but notable damage and actually getting some good stuff. Then the nerf hammer came in again, converting spoilers into daggers, and a very bad dagger if you ask me. Not to mention that spoil is now nerfed to the point that I no longer see the reason being a Fortune Seeker, where there is no fortune to find.

Archived