Drop rates aren't broke.....

I remember dropping anything, including non-equipped gear.  I also recall a trick, which I won't post here, that made it possible to bring non-aggro mobs into town, and have them aggro afk players.  With hopes they would drop something on death.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gauge said:

I played launch too, and I can tell you that the adena and drop rate is borked.

At launch level 40 mobs did not drop 90 adena.  I can tell you that.  I explicitely remember farming ratmen in elven fortress pre 20 because they dropped over 100 adena.  I used to farm the orcs in there with my dwarf because the spoils were really good.

None of that is true now.

Provide PROOOOOF.  Freaking proof.  Or stop spreading this false claim.  I was there.  This is not true.  So if anecdotes are proof, then mine cancels yours.  Meanwhile others have actual proof your statement is wrong, while people in your camp have ZERO actual proof.

So true, even Chinese farmers used to delvl over and over and grind the Library in Elven Ruins. There was one Dark Elf dagger named "Herny" on Bartz who was there at least 16 hours a day, I made friends with him and afk power level'd a char and traded him all the adena that was made.

Sure when you were level 10 you couldn't afford shots and had to buy boat tickets to get to gludin, but you eventually reach a point when you can go to elven ruins, soda, elven fortress, etc... that the adena and drops change. By level 30 you were wedging paper or a guitar pick in your F1 to hold soulshots down. Seems people can't remember beyond their first couple of days of prelude/c1.

44 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

I have dropped from my own inventory on death. Multiple times, on multiple occasions back during the Prelude and Chronicle 1. FIRST HAND experience. Your memory is the one that is faulty.

Since you want to be all elitist. . .

VTruP10.jpg

I also played during the beta as well via friend's account from February until late April. That was what made me decide to purchase the game once I got moved to my next duty station in late May. Mayhap you shouldn't be so elitist?

As to screenshots, I uploaded mine to photobucket ages ago. Sadly, the damn site has slowly lowered the quality of all saved screenshots over the last 14 years. They really are not the quality site they once were.

There's nothing elitist about pointing out that C4 isn't the old days because it isn't. Boy he really got under your skin lolool

BTW you're admitting to breaking the rules. Account sharing is a bannable offense.

25 minutes ago, Destructo said:

There's nothing elitist about pointing out that C4 isn't the old days because it isn't. Boy he really got under your skin lolool

BTW you're admitting to breaking the rules. Account sharing is a bannable offense.

1) Was my friends account.

2) Was 14 years ago during the closed and open beta.

3) Account has long been lost to the mists of time when he quit the game after beta ended and game officially launched.

4) I am pretty sure no one even remembers what email it was associated with.

Bottom line, nothing would be lost if it got banned.

As to C4, IT IS part of the old days. C4 was the patch that introduced A-Grade and the Olympiad. It was, in my opinion, the final patch before the game's development began to fall off a cliff. This patch was released Feb 8, 2006. If you don't call 12 years ago old days, well that is whatever.

What makes him elitist is posting the birthdays of some of his toons. Of course, the dates he posted span from Prelude live servers all the way through mid Chronicle 3.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:43 PM, SunnyD said:

Yes its true you had more adena/drop/spoil in old L2 but was it "truly" free as L2 Classic?

Did it give you the option to play the game without a 15 dollar fee subscription? Were the boxes free?

If you compare the cost of dollars per month for 3 accounts back in 2004 would be 45 dollars a month. And how much do you pay for 3 accounts in classic? 0 dollars.

Now if you want better drops you have the option to spend some money on a Tier 1,2,3,4 VIP Status which is completely optional.

Lets take for example the Tier 4 VIP which is the highest drop rate they offer at 50%.

For 4,000 NC coins or 50 dollars you would pay about the same amount of dollars it would cost to buy a full game.

For 1,320 NC coins or 16 dollars a month you would pay about the same amount of dollars the subscription of the game would cost which was 15 dollars at the time.

Now, to answer your question. YES it is much harder now because of the fact that the game is FREE to play, and its completely optional to spend money in the L2 Store. 

You dont really think @Juji and @Hime are running a charity right? Ncsoft is a company and needs to pay their workers as well as make profit to make this risk they took in opening a server in North America profitable.

LOOOOOOOL!!!

Those are two completely different things.

One thing is monetization and other thing is a broken in game economy. 

Get your shit together, dude.

58 minutes ago, Destructo said:

LOL!

First post on your second or 3rd account and you are still trolling?!

Is not elitist to point out that he played back in the days, yet is "elitist" to grind with this current rates?

...amazing!

On 06/10/2018 at 10:22 PM, ARCHVAMPIREvsALL said:

Solo you could not afford to hunt alone

I soloed my Bladedancer on Devianne (Llothlian) because there weren't enough parties at my level in the early days.  I remember the hell that was the Graveyard in my 50s in Avadon Plate with dual SLS.  It was hard, but possible.  Took many healing pots. :D

30 minutes ago, Oreoloveboss said:

A grade came in C3 btw, and old school was obt/prelude/c1/c2/c3, prime time was c4/c5/interlude. Game turned to garbage with CT/kamael, by the time gracia, h5 and GoD came out it wasn't even the same game :(

What is and is not "old school" is a matter of subjective opinion. I include C4 with the old school as I define everything from beta up to the patch that brought us Oly as Old School. On a side note, finding the old patch notes was a copper plated bleep and half! Wound up finding them on some very old russian forums and had to go through line by line with google translate to make sure the right thing had been found.

Was A grade in the C3 patch? I thought it was C4, but that might be just me remembering when I finally got A grade armor. I know I didn't upgrade my duals until S grade because +16 Tsurugi*SLS was on par with most S grade.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:43 PM, SunnyD said:

Yes its true you had more adena/drop/spoil in old L2 but was it "truly" free as L2 Classic?

Did it give you the option to play the game without a 15 dollar fee subscription? Were the boxes free?

If you compare the cost of dollars per month for 3 accounts back in 2004 would be 45 dollars a month. And how much do you pay for 3 accounts in classic? 0 dollars.

Now if you want better drops you have the option to spend some money on a Tier 1,2,3,4 VIP Status which is completely optional.

Lets take for example the Tier 4 VIP which is the highest drop rate they offer at 50%.

For 4,000 NC coins or 50 dollars you would pay about the same amount of dollars it would cost to buy a full game.

For 1,320 NC coins or 16 dollars a month you would pay about the same amount of dollars the subscription of the game would cost which was 15 dollars at the time.

Now, to answer your question. YES it is much harder now because of the fact that the game is FREE to play, and its completely optional to spend money in the L2 Store. 

You dont really think @Juji and @Hime are running a charity right? Ncsoft is a company and needs to pay their workers as well as make profit to make this risk they took in opening a server in North America profitable.

Yes exactly. Nothing these whiners say makes sense. They want more money. They'll use any excuse they can find to justify it. It's useless to point it out to them, though we shouldn't stop doing it (we have to fight against them too, NCSoft is already listening to their whining and considering changes), cause that's what whiners do... they whine. It's disgraceful when you think about it, complaining and asking a company to make their game easier, cause they're such weaklings. But game players have done this a long time... look at Final Fantasy IV and its "easy type" in 1991. Too many words, too much challenge. It seems that after 8-bit games, there was no end to the weaklings and whining. Most games are just a shell of graphics and sound with a pitifully shallow game inside. I was speaking to one of these weaklings the other day, and I pointed out that it's cheating to look at a spoiler site, and it was as if he had never heard anything so shocking in his life... not only do they whine, they cheat... they are utter scum. I have been saying since my earlier posts on this message board that the numbers on these servers are very unnatural for classic servers. Something has to change... either the server will become easier and like every other MMORPG... or the worms and cheaters will pack up and leave.

Oh yes, and as said it is easy (the EXP gain), though I haven't found this to be true. It takes me a long time to gain experience. One kill is about 0.5% experience, and that is not easy. But hey.. when I went to play on LINEAGE 2 CLASSIC... guess what I expected. It'll be a dark day in hell before I ever complain to a company that their video game is too challenging. MMORPGs need to be realistic about their expectations. There aren't enough intelligent people in the world to have a very large, busy game. You have to separate the wheat from the chaff. The best way to do that is to ignore the whining worms.

33 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

What is and is not "old school" is a matter of subjective opinion. I include C4 with the old school as I define everything from beta up to the patch that brought us Oly as Old School. On a side note, finding the old patch notes was a copper plated bleep and half! Wound up finding them on some very old russian forums and had to go through line by line with google translate to make sure the right thing had been found.

Was A grade in the C3 patch? I thought it was C4, but that might be just me remembering when I finally got A grade armor. I know I didn't upgrade my duals until S grade because +16 Tsurugi*SLS was on par with most S grade.

Yes it's subjective but your line of thinking is quite odd because the game before noblesse, 3rd class professions/abilities, olympiad, etc... was dramatically different. In contrast C4, C5 and Interlude were much more similar than C4 was to anything before it. I just find it odd that you would draw the line at C4 and not include C5/Interlude.

There was a significant difference to the days of manually pressing soulshots than when we got subclasses, Olympiad, 3rd clases, etc... Enough that I don't think anyone who played before those things would lump them together.

8 minutes ago, Oreoloveboss said:

Yes it's subjective but your line of thinking is quite odd because the game before noblesse, 3rd class professions/abilities, olympiad, etc... was dramatically different. In contrast C4, C5 and Interlude were much more similar than C4 was to anything before it. I just find it odd that you would draw the line at C4 and not include C5/Interlude.

There was a significant difference to the days of manually pressing soulshots than when we got subclasses, Olympiad, 3rd clases, etc... Enough that I don't think anyone who played before those things would lump them together.

I draw the line there because the changes with C4 were what ultimately made me decide to give WoW another chance and led to me leaving Lineage II as my primary MMO for WoW. Next time I played at all was very small scale in 2008 and off and on until 2013. Until the C4 update Lineage II was my go to choice for MMO. This means that everything up to that point is "old school" for me.

On 6.10.2018 at 11:22 PM, ARCHVAMPIREvsALL said:

I started on Bartz the day it opened. I still have my chaotic chronicle CDs and played for years on live Lineage 2 servers from day one. Let me assure you, there is nothing broken. THIS IS HOW LIVE WAS. When you got to level 20 you were lucky if you had top no grade equipment. And people complaining about drops, you are in for a real treat when you get to lvl 40. I wore top d grade gear til almost lvl 45 before i started crafting pieces of C grade. This is live, nothing is broken. This is how lineage was. We had cruma parties (with no soulshots) that ran for hours. Solo you could not afford to hunt alone and you had a buffer AND and healer because a buffer couldnt keep a party healed. Welcome to real Lineage. (I am a lineage 1 player [lineage 1 is abandonware and nonmodified clients/servers are legal]of 20 years and a lineage 2 player of 13 years). Ive been sitting here rolling since rerelease.

Well i played too and you obviously was broke back then lol...If this is right now for you how it was 14 years before then you obviously have no clue how it was. Like some people wrote already...there was an economy, atm there is nothing in here. Spoilers cant farm, drop rates are terrible and the whole premium thing is a big bad thing that destroys the game. You can say what you want but when there are like 2000 post on this forum about all this then something must be true about it, right? Cant be true all of us are wrong...

On 10/7/2018 at 12:23 AM, Mawata said:

No, it wasn't.

I played on Hindemith starting the very first month the game left beta; I played for over three years.

L2 Classic did not involve an absurd cash shop because it had a proper subscription model, and it had a decent economy in spite of the botters.

I could solo as a Elemental Summoner. I didn't even start dual-boxing till my final year of playing. I did Cruma Tower, no soulshots.

Look, I get it. A lot of us veterans were looking forward to L2 Classic. But sadly it's not going to be found here, with NCsoft running it. 

Your last comment "But sadly it's not going to be found here, with NCsoft running it" hit me really hard. I was here from day one. after I left office, I play so many privet servers, I even try running one my self. Looking for that old L2 feeling. When I read classic was opening I when crazy. I was so excited. Then I read the patch notes, then server time got posted, login issue, VIP4...etc. Yet again NCSoft makes a fool of me and takes (30$) my money. I guess everyone was right. You cant lived the glory days.  Everything about the server is wrong. Right now you have to pay to get in!!!! what happen to free?. Then you have the sho!!! really? Shots for money!!! You have no in-game money. So you are forced, yes. You are being forced to buy shots for real money. How can you not see how low this is? Shots run out so fast that you go an buy more nccoins. NOTING ABOUT THIS CLASSIC IS RIGHT. WHY ARE YOU ALL HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME SEEN THIS?

15 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

The only thing you could drop was from equipped gear. Your memory is horrible.

I do find it amusing that you think chronicle 4 is the "Old days",,,

Here are some real old days
6L0lL23.jpg

Unfortunately a hard drive failure which resulted in me losing basically all my old screenshots. That failure hurt so I learned the backup lesson in a painful way :(

What are you talking about? Literally the old "trick" was filling your inventory with maps so when you died you would likely only drop.... MAPS.

4 hours ago, pkpkpk said:

Yes exactly. Nothing these whiners say makes sense. They want more money. They'll use any excuse they can find to justify it. It's useless to point it out to them, though we shouldn't stop doing it (we have to fight against them too, NCSoft is already listening to their whining and considering changes), cause that's what whiners do... they whine. It's disgraceful when you think about it, complaining and asking a company to make their game easier, cause they're such weaklings. But game players have done this a long time... look at Final Fantasy IV and its "easy type" in 1991. Too many words, too much challenge. It seems that after 8-bit games, there was no end to the weaklings and whining. Most games are just a shell of graphics and sound with a pitifully shallow game inside. I was speaking to one of these weaklings the other day, and I pointed out that it's cheating to look at a spoiler site, and it was as if he had never heard anything so shocking in his life... not only do they whine, they cheat... they are utter scum. I have been saying since my earlier posts on this message board that the numbers on these servers are very unnatural for classic servers. Something has to change... either the server will become easier and like every other MMORPG... or the worms and cheaters will pack up and leave.

Oh yes, and as said it is easy (the EXP gain), though I haven't found this to be true. It takes me a long time to gain experience. One kill is about 0.5% experience, and that is not easy. But hey.. when I went to play on LINEAGE 2 CLASSIC... guess what I expected. It'll be a dark day in hell before I ever complain to a company that their video game is too challenging. MMORPGs need to be realistic about their expectations. There aren't enough intelligent people in the world to have a very large, busy game. You have to separate the wheat from the chaff. The best way to do that is to ignore the whining worms.

Sweetie do you see a therapist? You honest to god have mental issues and I think you should talk to someone. Maybe check out BetterHelp and see if there is someone there for you to vent to. 

1 minute ago, Sinkest said:

Sweetie do you see a therapist? You honest to god have mental issues and I think you should talk to someone. Maybe check out BetterHelp and see if there is someone there for you to vent to. 

Pk is a troll account. He does the same thing in every thread.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:35 AM, Medeoan said:

Lord oh Lord are you ignorant. YES you could drop ANYTHING on death. If death was from a monster, anyone could drop. White players could drop, flagged purple could drop, and red most certainly could drop.

Yup it was my memory that was horrible. Last week I basically had some flashbacks to the early days as I was playing. I had a vivid recollection of a moment when I was playing in beta. I was obsessive about dropping everything including extra Adena into my warehouse because I thought I could drop my $$$.

2 hours ago, ogfullmelt said:

lots of snowflakes here

I have learned over the years, watching people. that everyone is a snow flake. Only real question is, do you dust yourself off and get back in saddle when you get knocked off your horse and onto your butt?

Archived