Dilemma we are all prolly facing

gvue88

So as a lvl 40+ character and with real life dilemmas like bills, work, fitness health, and family. I face the problem of the game being too time consuming because instead of progressing and supporting myself as my main i have to lvl my main and then also farm OB so i can continue to progress my main. just saying but damn it's time consuming asf! still patiently waiting for a fix or a change so that i can use my main to lvl progress and then kinda just use my alts/spoilers if needed for mats to my leisure. It becomes difficult when its a needed essential instead of using my spoiler/alt for the convenience of gaining mats to help with my l2 journey. unfortunately im no longer 16-17-18 years old and can't spend my time just grinding like i once did on l2. Though my heart loves the grind, time and reality is still moving so i have to move along with it for my own good. I am beginning to progress slower and slower and slower because after i farm my adena at OB for my main im just too exhausted to grind my main. so now i've fallen behind the whales of l2 sadly :( . i had goals of being the very best that no one ever was on l2 classic but now im just a basic scrub. still love the game tho don't get me wrong. just voicing my struggles thats all. feel free to burn, roast, and slap me in the face. 

On 2018-11-18 at 7:42 AM, gvue88 said:

So as a lvl 40+ character and with real life dilemmas like bills, work, fitness health, and family. I face the problem of the game being too time consuming because instead of progressing and supporting myself as my main i have to lvl my main and then also farm OB so i can continue to progress my main. just saying but damn it's time consuming asf! still patiently waiting for a fix or a change so that i can use my main to lvl progress and then kinda just use my alts/spoilers if needed for mats to my leisure. It becomes difficult when its a needed essential instead of using my spoiler/alt for the convenience of gaining mats to help with my l2 journey. unfortunately im no longer 16-17-18 years old and can't spend my time just grinding like i once did on l2. Though my heart loves the grind, time and reality is still moving so i have to move along with it for my own good. I am beginning to progress slower and slower and slower because after i farm my adena at OB for my main im just too exhausted to grind my main. so now i've fallen behind the whales of l2 sadly :( . i had goals of being the very best that no one ever was on l2 classic but now im just a basic scrub. still love the game tho don't get me wrong. just voicing my struggles thats all. feel free to burn, roast, and slap me in the face. 

Wow, just wow.. using same logic you can try to get a law or med. degree, just go to the uni and rant about how learning is too time consuming and too difficult. 

Somehow a lot of people find it hard to separate Classic from L2 versions prior Chaotic Throne saga. This is not C5, this is not Interlude. This is Classic. A new game. Yes it has similar core mechanics and graphics of the previous games, but thats all. So don't compare "the once you did on L2" with this game.

And considering your statements you prolly were a scrub from the very beginning of L2, lazy-a with a dreams of reaching something although doing nothing. How is it even possible for a thought to cross your mind "to be the very best"? People spend hundreds and hundreds of hours farming crafting while abandoning RL activities and you think you can just casualy compete with them. Lol GL Mr. Naivete.

Nice to meet you, hope we never meet again. 

2 hours ago, SynG said:

Wow, just wow.. using same logic you can try to get a law or med. degree, just go to the uni and rant about how learning is too time consuming and too difficult. 

Somehow a lot of people find it hard to separate Classic from L2 versions prior Chaotic Throne saga. This is not C5, this is not Interlude. This is Classic. A new game. Yes it has similar core mechanics and graphics of the previous games, but thats all. So don't compare "the once you did on L2" with this game.

And considering your statements you prolly were a scrub from the very beginning of L2, lazy-a with a dreams of reaching something although doing nothing. How is it even possible for a thought to cross your mind "to be the very best"? People spend hundreds and hundreds of hours farming crafting while abandoning RL activities and you think you can just casualy compete with them. Lol GL Mr. Naivete.

Why are you so rude towards him? He just expressed his thoughts, he didn't ask you to give him anything.

Is this actually the concept of this game, to have your main char hunting in high lvl areas with support and then a low lvl char to earn money for shots?

Monday: Playing main char at 40+
Thuesday: Farming Orc Barracks with low lvl char.
Wednesday: Playing main char at 40+
Thursday: Farming Orc Barracks with low lvl char.
Friday: Playing main char at 40+
Saturday: Farming Orc Barracks with low lvl char.
Sunday:  Playing main char at 40+

I dunno... that somehow sounds like a unbalanced concept. doesn't it?

6 hours ago, SynG said:

Toxic players like you ruin online gaming.  Don't be a bleep.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:42 AM, gvue88 said:

This is nothing to be ashamed or w/e you feed bad for it.It's just life goes on and L2 has less impact on it, which is a good thing.Play for fun dude, don't bother being the best in something that is even not L2 anymore.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:42 AM, gvue88 said:

@gvue88 Brother, Same felling over here but I'm not as high you are in game, but, I just take my time to enjoy slowly.. I don't care about growing fast because this is a very low rate server. So what I can tell you is enjoy the game slowly, find any party daily to do your daily quest.. forget about using SSC, or use a top D grade with SSD and that's all... like Lineage said: Treat the game like a game, and make sure to get plenty of the rest.

I feel your pain!
I think u should take in a different way this server..after the nostalgia effect starts to fade,u start to remember how this game is basicly boring,u need to kill stupid mobs doing same things 99% of time,unless u dont cheat, and L2 really doesnt need any ability,u need to use 2 maybe 3 buttons and that's all..i start to wonder why i liked this game so much!anyway it's 2018,we grow up,have less time to play and probably in my case i feel that games in modern age should offer more than this.
In addiction to the endless grind of L2,u have a server where everything is broken and seems fixed by a baby, in a community of ppl that think that walking like an idiot instead of using gk is "hardcore".
Hardcore should mean "hard" not "dumb",but L2 has nothing hard in terms of gameplay,so "hardcore" here means also that u need to reroll to play in the few zones that drops some adena.
In the end,just enjoy playing L2 like the old times,nothing more,u cant be a superstar in a server that needs all your lifetime to catch nolifers,and honestly this is a godd thing for your life, and where there are 913134715 bots.

20 hours ago, Tzeo said:

Why are you so rude towards him? He just expressed his thoughts, he didn't ask you to give him anything.

You, i like you, you funny. Guy/gal expressed his/her thoughts, so did I. Just because you can not relate with me doesn't mean it's rude.

BTW rude is to take other ppl efforts and depreciate it to zero. We are talking about real life hours, where ppl chose to spend them on their passion, on a hobby which makes them feel happy and sometimes it may be the only bright thing in their life. And the level of hypocrisy of the original post is way too high.

Then again, if you can't relate you won't understand.  

17 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

Toxic players like you ruin online gaming.  Don't be a bleep.

Ohhh boy.. Please, for your own safety, take immediate actions:
1) Take a few deep breaths, everything is fine, no need to stress over it. Rivers and waterfalls, bud, rivers and waterfalls.

2) Recheck your safety bubble for 104th time  for any damage. Just in case.

3) Go to the bathroom and apply cold water to your eyes so that toxicity of my previous post would't cause you infection

4) Press and hold a Power button on your PC for a few seconds to avoid any serious damage in the future.

5) You're welcome! 

9 hours ago, Stont said:

I feel your pain!
I think u should take in a different way this server..after the nostalgia effect starts to fade,u start to remember how this game is basicly boring,u need to kill stupid mobs doing same things 99% of time,unless u dont cheat, and L2 really doesnt need any ability,u need to use 2 maybe 3 buttons and that's all..i start to wonder why i liked this game so much!anyway it's 2018,we grow up,have less time to play and probably in my case i feel that games in modern age should offer more than this.
In addiction to the endless grind of L2,u have a server where everything is broken and seems fixed by a baby, in a community of ppl that think that walking like an idiot instead of using gk is "hardcore".
Hardcore should mean "hard" not "dumb",but L2 has nothing hard in terms of gameplay,so "hardcore" here means also that u need to reroll to play in the few zones that drops some adena.
In the end,just enjoy playing L2 like the old times,nothing more,u cant be a superstar in a server that needs all your lifetime to catch nolifers,and honestly this is a godd thing for your life, and where there are 913134715 bots.

What pain? The only pain you could feel is probably in your lower back. And by lower back i mean lower than lower back.

Then again, i trully feel sorry for you, because of what you wrote it seems you only had a bad experience of this game. And it's even sadder to know, that experiece you got is because you suck so much at this game. 99% grind? Have you ever reached high level? Prolly not.

2-3 buttons? It's only temporally, bud. I don't want to spoil it for you, but considering the fact you will never reach high lvl content i will clear a mystery veil for you a bit -  you would get 4th button at lvl 20 and 5th button at lvl 40, which is pretty cool, but then again, not for you to reach. Sorry. *totaly not being sarcastic*

And it makes me so happy to hear you're all grown up now. You're the Mister of the house. And you're 100% right - modern age games like Fortnite offers so much more, so why bother with this lame L2.

Anyway, your point of view to this game is dumbcore and you are irrelevant so just go puff, begone like a smoke.

1 hour ago, SynG said:

99% grind? Have you ever reached high level? Prolly not.

On 19/11/2018 at 7:52 AM, SynG said:

People spend hundreds and hundreds of hours farming crafting while abandoning RL activities and you think you can just casualy compete with them. Lol GL Mr. Naivete.

I dont know why u are so needy and reply to anybody even when nobody is talking to you,frustration is a bad demon,anyway,i suggest u a good braindoctor because you seem confused about what is your idea.

And since u are so needy and will answer me forever cos ppl like u is like this,i let u know i will never waste time with u again ,my little kid-forum warrior. bb

59 minutes ago, SynG said:

You, i like you, you funny. Guy/gal expressed his/her thoughts, so did I. Just because you can not relate with me doesn't mean it's rude.

BTW rude is to take other ppl efforts and depreciate it to zero. We are talking about real life hours, where ppl chose to spend them on their passion, on a hobby which makes them feel happy and sometimes it may be the only bright thing in their life. And the level of hypocrisy of the original post is way too high.

Then again, if you can't relate you won't understand.  

lol You called him "scrub", "lazy", "naive", "hypocrite", "hope we never meet", while he never judged other players' efforts. He just made a confession that he is too old for this game...

Rudeness and aggressiveness without a reason...

On 11/18/2018 at 10:52 PM, SynG said:

you probably buy adena, go be rude and annoying elsewhere. 

On 17/11/2018 at 11:42 PM, gvue88 said:

Life and conditions change, back in c2 I was able to grind 12+ hours non stop at Cruma, today I fall assleep in my chair if I go past 11:00. Nothing to be ashamed of, the question is do you love the game? if you do, play, enjoy it under the conditions you can enjoy it based on your current lifestyle. You don't need to be a whale not need to be au pair with the whales, that train of thought is toxic for you and will only lead to frustration. 

Why don't we adjust the game to your NEEDS for a lack of a better term? as opposed to you adjusting to the game like everyone is doing right? Lets make the game so easy that when u login u only have to click one button and you're good to go. 

There's many other options out there where games are not so time consuming, either deal with it or don't.

On 19/11/2018 at 7:47 AM, Tzeo said:

He's the reflection of the community, and why the game is still suffering for years. L2 community isn't friendly nor helpful, for some reason people enjoy being way too hostile, in a game that's nowhere as competitive as actual competitive games, just time consuming. This is also a big reason why the game keep declining over and over, imagine being a new player, just imagine. All L2 players are returning players. Have seen the amount of people trying to scam other players? It's hilarious how this is ROOTED in the mentality of the L2 community. I've never seen a game where players are so desperate to grief other people in a hostile manner, not in a "fun" manner. Did you see why some players were so mad about not dropping gear on death? Who cares about game quality, "all I want is more option to grief others".

13 hours ago, ogfullmelt said:

you probably buy adena, go be rude and annoying elsewhere. 

Do you really just threw these accusations without any ground? I'll be waiting either proof or apology. 

I'll let the staff decide if you have a right to make these false accusations. i would like to remind you, that buying digital assets (in this particular situation in-game currency) for a real money (a.k.a. Real Money Trade) violates a lot countries law, so by stating this fact you accuse me of breaking the law which (without legal proof) is equal to public defamation. 

5 hours ago, Gazob1 said:

He's the reflection of the community, and why the game is still suffering for years. L2 community isn't friendly nor helpful, for some reason people enjoy being way too hostile, in a game that's nowhere as competitive as actual competitive games, just time consuming. This is also a big reason why the game keep declining over and over, imagine being a new player, just imagine. All L2 players are returning players. Have seen the amount of people trying to scam other players? It's hilarious how this is ROOTED in the mentality of the L2 community. I've never seen a game where players are so desperate to grief other people in a hostile manner, not in a "fun" manner. Did you see why some players were so mad about not dropping gear on death? Who cares about game quality, "all I want is more option to grief others".

L2 was introduced to me by my older brother, who always used to find a time to teach and guide me. And one of the things he used to repeat time and time again was something like "Never argue with an idiot. He would drag you to his level and beat you with experience". But it's probably nature's pre-programmed thing for the youngsters not to listen to your elders, so here we go again.

First of all, if by "He" you mean me, i didn't deserved such an honor to be called whole community's reflection. I'm at most tiny tiny part of the true community of this game. L2 community isn't helpful? L2 isn't competetive? Game is suffering? Do you even understand yourself what are you talking about? I love how people are used to throw random statements in this day and age.

L2 Community IS helpful, The question is "Are you the part of this community?" And don't bring me this SJW poli-correctical bul***t that everyone is a part of the community. You have to contribute to the community to be a part of it. And the community responds. If person just run around ranting about hard life and grieving, he's not a part of a community, he's a fester - temporal, insignificant. And atm we have quite a few, but as i said, it's temporal, few more months and they will be gone.

L2 IS competetive. And it is as competetive as you want it to be. You have all the tools you need to choose your pace of the game. You can go full hardcore, spend a lot of time, strive for a highest level, strongest item, raid bosses, becoming a hero or becoming madly rich, capturing a castle and so much more. When you think about it, you can be competetive in every single aspect of the game. Only because person doesn't have a will to play this content, doesn't mean the game itself is not competetive. It's quite vise-versa - you are not competetive enough for the game.   

Your so called game declanation is a mere transformation through the game's life cycle which occures to every game. Nothing more, nothing less.

With this said, let me one last time express how i see posts like the one OP wrote (nothing personal, there are several similar-minded ranters):

Let's say i have a house. A small cozy house at the end of the street. The house was built nearly twenty years ago. There's a nice yard with a beautiful lawn where  the grass is green. I love the smell of the grass and wanted to keep it healthy so i built a fence around. Not the high one to isolate myself, but the short one, just to express my care for the grass. Somewhere around ten years ago a neighbor moved in next to me. He had a dog. The dog was not the brightest, but he was cute. It used to jump over my small fence and sh*t on my cherished grass, but because i was on a good terms with my neighbor, i didn't mind. I just quietly cleaned it every time and moved on. Now, as the time passed, the dog got too old and weak to jump over the fence and it started to take too much time for a dog to get over my fence and take a sh*t. The neighbor came and started to shout at my face "Remove your fence, because my dog no longer can sh*t on your lawn." He started to run around the neighborhood telling everyone how bad of a person i am, because i refuse to remove the fence. The thing is - i now have a dog of my own who has its need, so i can no longer tolerate the neighbor dog sh*tting on my lawn.

Archived