pk scroll tradeable ?

liveslight2

Hey guys,

To be honest I don'T get it. Adding pk scrool is a strange decison. How about reworked the pk system like it was in C3-C4 for exemple ?  Just asking...

But anyway that's not even my point for this topic. 

HOW THE HELL could pk scrool be tradeable from player to player. I mean This is getting pay to win for sure. You can buy unlimited pk scrool and sell them so you stuff urself without even playing the game.

I mean am I alone to consider this is ridiculous ? 

You can always use the 'gift' option in L2 Store to do a trust trade otherwise, so tradability does not matter here really.

A F2P online game being P2W, and you find that ridiculous? I have to say, your expectations are f-d up really hard then.

• Amraith changed the title to pk scroll tradeable ?
11 minutes ago, liveslight2 said:

So nvm guys, don't answer this topic, no point. Devoid saying it's gonna be shitty w/e we do.

Thank you for opening my eyes devoid i'll quit

It's the Black Friday promo that opened your eyes. Anyway, you don't need to take my word for it, just ask anyone who played LIVE for at least a year here.

Here's what a veteran has to say abou this:

On 11/17/2018 at 10:30 PM, mixa said:

The live version was subjected to this crap for years, now it's time for the classic to taste some.

It will be becoming worse and worse. Nobody will boycott anything, because most are handicaps, that can't compete without it. Just read this in few months and you'll understand better :)

2 hours ago, Devoid said:

You can always use the 'gift' option in L2 Store to do a trust trade otherwise, so tradability does not matter here really.

A swing!  And a miss!

No seriously though, does this exist?  I wouldn't mind sending stuff to an alt and keeping the vip status on main.

3 hours ago, Devoid said:

A F2P online game being P2W, and you find that ridiculous? I have to say, your expectations are f-d up really hard then.

Also, you can't 'gift' anything on Classic, so check your facts before coming here and spreading this nonsense. Do you even play on classic I wonder? Or are you here just to comment crap just like your buddy mixa does? 

2 hours ago, FatHips said:

If this is true, this is a huge  problem.  @Juji @Hime Can you confirm if pk scrolls purchasable through the L2Store are tradeable?  This adds a direct pay-to-win function and will cause a huge exodus if it stays.

They are tradeable #confirmed http://prntscr.com/lld3jp

Why would direct pay to win cause more of an exodus than the already thriving indirect pay to win? What's the difference between buying adena from adena sellers and buying adena from the L2Store?

Guys, stop crying about pk scroll!
This is business, NCSoft need money to maintain servers, services, upgrades...

I dont undestand why all of you is making huge volume at forum about pk scroll, this never will overpower anyone, this never will change game market, never will change PVP or PK game style.

In my opinion, this is correclty way to pay server invoices without f*cking someone...

Think: NCSoft is not your father or your mother, he dont need pay to you have fun.
You use one of better services from game network, and in certain moment someone need to pay many checks...

Plz, play more and cry minus, and be more greatfully....

18 hours ago, tattor said:

Oh god are they tradable too?
So they start selling basically adena in the shop.
Nice :D

That's what they should have done long time ago, an adena token in store would rid the server from bots and RMT spammers... there's no other option they can implement as they are too cheap as to hire people to monitor the servers live. The logic is simple:

1. Adena drop rate is f beyond recognition, there is no way the vast majority can get enough adena to cover "living expenses" and gear up, this has been true in the live servers for years and it's true now in the classic servers. 

2. In the Live servers NC has always tolerated the trading of Ncoin items for adena, some CM's whose names should not be spoken, even went out to say this was a good way to allow people who don't purchase Ncoin to have access items sold on the ingame shop. This is true there and will be true here as well, PK scrolls will be just the tip of the iceberg, (just wait and see).

3. One of the major concerns from the player base is the huge number of bots and the very annoying adena sellers spamming, this also puts players at risk because a lot of people RMT, publicly they will tell you they don't but privately is another matter, so why maintaining this model? and let's face it's also a PR disaster for NCWest.

4. An adena token in store would filter the problem, people who RMT just to get basic gear or to cover living expenses would have access to a safe & simple solution; people who don't RMT would not have to compete with countless bots for hunting grounds to try and make a living; people who RMT extensively to get to top 5 of the server (gear wise) would continue to RMT but their options would be lot more limited and riskier as it will be easier to detect the few transactions once the vast majority take the legal store route.

5. If I was NC, why do I let other proffit from my game?, how many hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue have I lost because I don't provide a service the community clearly uses?. 

I have always been an outspoken advocate of: a) allowing store purchases to be traded safely between players and b) adding an adena token in store, in my mind it would be the lesser of two evils.

17 hours ago, FatHips said:

If this is true, this is a huge  problem.  @Juji @Hime Can you confirm if pk scrolls purchasable through the L2Store are tradeable?  This adds a direct pay-to-win function and will cause a huge exodus if it stays.

U don't really need confirmation from them, come on!, just go to giran and check the stores already there. If you can put it in a store u can trade it in any other form.

So here's what I think after reading you all...

1- They are truly selling adena on l2 store (with pk scrool). 

2- I got no problem for them to make money with pk scrool AS LONG as they are not traedable.

3- Selling adena in game is forbiden. I don't see why NCSOFT should claim it legal for itself.

4- It will certainly affect the market for some richest people.

5- I think an in game GM could make a huge difference about banning those adena seller.(other topic)

6- At least I saw they are only buyable for a LIMITED time. Thank god.

7-I love the game and that's why i'm writing here. Seems to me it's the only way we can be heard. Should I talk to a GM personnally ? 

Ok .. My opinión is.. The 2 sides are ok. 1 side say p2w pk scroll for adena . Other say is bad tradeable pk scroll is good. 

But ncsoft need be more smart. If i have money for ncoin no problem i buy in ncoin if i no have so buy in adena directly from npc and other player no get adena for ncoin. 

Do it in b&s so isnot a problem try to no make figh comunity and cause many players leave. L2 w/o player no fun. And have pk is part of l2 pvp system pk and lost your item. 

In the beginning of all of this, I remember when a guy said that NCWest would slowly but gradually release P2W items in the shop.

The brilliant strategy makes sure that people who are hooked get outraged, but not outraged enough that they would abandon ship.

It's a risky strategy but one that is making NCWest a ton of money. Question is, will they be able to keep players interested for long enough?

1 hour ago, ragingducks said:

In the beginning of all of this, I remember when a guy said that NCWest would slowly but gradually release P2W items in the shop.

The brilliant strategy makes sure that people who are hooked get outraged, but not outraged enough that they would abandon ship.

It's a risky strategy but one that is making NCWest a ton of money. Question is, will they be able to keep players interested for long enough?

Many people said that, because that's what has been successfully done with LIVE servers. And the answer to your question is obviously yes.

This looks like an excusable "oops, we didn't notice" that nobody can say 100% it was intentional, so you have a flame war on the forum that only amounts to nothing, they didn't put an obvious "here is a way to make adena with real $", and if the outrage is great they'll say it's a bug. These kinds of events are common in many domains and it only amounts to IG currency for those with money and frustration for those who don't like this kind of stuff, but at the end companies profit and shrug it off as an oops.

16 hours ago, Oeste said:

That's what they should have done long time ago, an adena token in store would rid the server from bots and RMT spammers... there's no other option they can implement as they are too cheap as to hire people to monitor the servers live. The logic is simple:

this will change nothing. They will sell adena cheaper then your "token" .   the token value will just work as a lowest bottom of the price . It wont get rid of anything :D  also the biggest part of RMT  isnt coming from lvl 20 bots. its coming from the 65+ lvl mages that farm up to 50-60kk /day

on topic.  Selling PK scrolls is okay. they have 24h reuse.  And to everyone who says omg ncsoft selling "adena" in  shop because they are tradeable cant follow some simple logic.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:16 PM, Devoid said:

It's the Black Friday promo that opened your eyes. Anyway, you don't need to take my word for it, just ask anyone who played LIVE for at least a year here.

Here's what a veteran has to say abou this:

Hah, that second quote gave me error message, probably too much truth to handle.

Me and my friends are probably going to move to l2classic.club unless something drastically changes before the end of the year... Just too many bad decisions by NCsoft already :( 

Archived