Jump to content
Forums

No damage or message when using skill


Recommended Posts

Hi, i would like an explanation (if anyone knows) on the issue that i see on my GH that i can't understand.

 

So during farming and while spammin skills some stabs don't do anything at all. 

I mean that i use e.g. Heart Breaker and it doesn't do any damage neither i get a message of "miss" or that the mob evaded or anything. It just like the skill despite the fact that is cast, it is with no result at all. 

Anyone else facing this issue and/or know what is happening?

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, Agriojohn said:

Hi, i would like an explanation (if anyone knows) on the issue that i see on my GH that i can't understand.

 

So during farming and while spammin skills some stabs don't do anything at all. 

I mean that i use e.g. Heart Breaker and it doesn't do any damage neither i get a message of "miss" or that the mob evaded or anything. It just like the skill despite the fact that is cast, it is with no result at all. 

Anyone else facing this issue and/or know what is happening?

 

Thanks

Test on NPC if actually inflict any damage.  The most important use is the buff that cast on you when you use this skill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, Agriojohn said:

Shot00003.jpgShot00002.jpg

In the screens you can see that the skills were used but no result in other damage or "resist/evade" from mob

in both cases i was in the back of the mob

 

any guess?

@Juji maybe you can share some knowledge?

What color is the mob to you? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Agriojohn said:

the screens are from stronhold and i am 110

the same happens in all areas that i farm (storm, pi, fom etc)

I see the system message for skill usage, but that doesn't mean it was on the rear of the target.

Try testing with using bluff 1st, then the stab test. If the mob isn't stun locked via bluff or shadow chase, even when you move to the back and stab via teleporting, if the debuff failed you will stab the front most likely.

Bluff forces the back. The game's directional pickup for targets is a bit lackluster for Othel. Front, side (flank) and rear are all a bit buggy.

Once the 1st stab lands in your 1st screen, it's quite likely the shadow step wore off and the mob turned to face you for the blood stab. 

Are you using in game macro? Mkb macro? What is in your macro?

 

Also, just to check, you have mortal strike enabled, correct? This increases your vital spot attack rate.

 

 

Shadow reverse isn't in the screens, but if you have shadow reverse in your macro, that will put you to the opposite side of the target, not specifically the rear. You could inadevrtantly move yourself front facing to spam stabs.

If you use shadow reverse front facing, it will go to the back and stab. If you use it rear facing, it will go to the front and stab (not the back). 

 

 

 

It sounds like you are stabbing front facing, but not realizing it. Spam bluff on cooldown and see if it helps. 

Edited by iHyperlite
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

I see the system message for skill usage, but that doesn't mean it was on the rear of the target.

Try testing with using bluff 1st, then the stab test. If the mob isn't stun locked via bluff or shadow chase, even when you move to the back and stab via teleporting, if the debuff failed you will stab the front most likely.

Bluff forces the back. The game's directional pickup for targets is a bit lackluster for Othel. Front, side (flank) and rear are all a bit buggy.

Once the 1st stab lands in your 1st screen, it's quite likely the shadow step wore off and the mob turned to face you for the blood stab. 

Are you using in game macro? Mkb macro? What is in your macro?

 

Also, just to check, you have mortal strike enabled, correct? This increases your vital spot attack rate.

 

 

Shadow reverse isn't in the screens, but if you have shadow reverse in your macro, that will put you to the opposite side of the target, not specifically the rear. You could inadevrtantly move yourself front facing to spam stabs.

If you use shadow reverse front facing, it will go to the back and stab. If you use it rear facing, it will go to the front and stab (not the back). 

 

 

 

It sounds like you are stabbing front facing, but not realizing it. Spam bluff on cooldown and see if it helps. 

I hunt with ingame macro and i don't use bluff because it is not necessary when farming, I kill more mobs per hour (in the area that i auto hunt) without it.

The mobs have always their back on me after shadow chase because i always hunt with a tank in party so all the mobs are targeting the tank.

This issue is visible only because i use /forceskilluse in my macro to prevent normal attacks since they are useless damagewise

and i also don't use shadow reverse in auto hunt for the reaso you said

ofcourse all the self buffs are on always

also my macro is very small so shadow chase is almost cast on reset so it doesnt take more than 2 seconds hitting to get to the back of the mob

Edited by Agriojohn
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 8:04 AM, Agriojohn said:

I hunt with ingame macro and i don't use bluff because it is not necessary when farming, I kill more mobs per hour (in the area that i auto hunt) without it.

The mobs have always their back on me after shadow chase because i always hunt with a tank in party so all the mobs are targeting the tank.

This issue is visible only because i use /forceskilluse in my macro to prevent normal attacks since they are useless damagewise

and i also don't use shadow reverse in auto hunt for the reaso you said

ofcourse all the self buffs are on always

also my macro is very small so shadow chase is almost cast on reset so it doesnt take more than 2 seconds hitting to get to the back of the mob

I'm sure is bad practice to use /forceskilluse in macro - it's like playing with CTRL. You can easily PK ppl around you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vassy said:

I'm sure is bad practice to use /forceskilluse in macro - it's like playing with CTRL. You can easily PK ppl around you.

No it is not - Not really, there are other advantages with this - Not really

 

On topic Now

I changed the options in the system message today and i noticed that when this issue is happening, the soulshot is not used

i have the feeling that it is either the melee lag or i just "miss" ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about your issue a bit more. If you aren't using shadow reverse or bluff, and only shadow chase blood stab heart breaker and chain blow, I think your issue is you aren't forcing the back.

I know you think you are hitting the back, but I don't think you are.

I spam all dmg skills as fast as possible with mkb and I do not have the issues you have. In game macro loop is extremely slow. If you are using the tank hate to assume you have the back, that is wrong. 

 

I would try the following macro if you have to use ig macro

 

Shadow chase > Heartbreakers > bluff > blood stab > shadow reverse > chain blow*

Add chain blow if u aren't killing things with the 1st 3 skills. Add grim reaper as well for another teleport. Don't use crit wound.

 

Try that macro and report results of missed stabs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Returning to this after a while...

 

I have "recreated" this miss (or however you want to call it) even on NPC in town using skill while pressing Ctrl

This continues to be very strange. 

 

To sum up i don't have a problem farming or killing or in dmg, rarely a mob in my hunting areas need a 3rd hit, but still it is very interesting on why is happening and why i have no message on it.

 

@iHyperlite Maybe it is happening to you also but you can't see it since you spam the skills as you say... who knows

 

i will try to record a small farming session to show you what exactly is happening

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 8:36 AM, Agriojohn said:

Returning to this after a while...

 

I have "recreated" this miss (or however you want to call it) even on NPC in town using skill while pressing Ctrl

This continues to be very strange. 

 

To sum up i don't have a problem farming or killing or in dmg, rarely a mob in my hunting areas need a 3rd hit, but still it is very interesting on why is happening and why i have no message on it.

 

@iHyperlite Maybe it is happening to you also but you can't see it since you spam the skills as you say... who knows

 

i will try to record a small farming session to show you what exactly is happening

If you have time to make a video I would like to see what you are seeing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because stabs aren't missed. You simply didn't crit. If you don't crit, you don't yield damage. Which is why I laugh at every Othell that says "CRIT DAMAGE ALL THE WAY WHY YOU SPEC CRIT CHANCE/DEX dyes HURRRR"

 

Because "missing" a crit is a lot less damage than not.

 

If it's blood stab, then yah... Positioning absolutely required.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheHaggarDagger said:

Because stabs aren't missed. You simply didn't crit. If you don't crit, you don't yield damage. Which is why I laugh at every Othell that says "CRIT DAMAGE ALL THE WAY WHY YOU SPEC CRIT CHANCE/DEX dyes HURRRR"

 

Because "missing" a crit is a lot less damage than not.

 

If it's blood stab, then yah... Positioning absolutely required.

Othel in pve, dex isn't needed past the normal 80ish you get.

 

Now in pvp, rolling +15 dex makes a noticeable difference on equal level targets with equal or better gear. People die much faster with dex boosted in my experience.

 

On pve tho, I can't find a use for dex. 

 

 

 

Edit: at 114, 84 dex vs 99 dex, same str of 156, swamp of screams, toi, wastelands, fields of massacre and dragon valley all die the same speed. That's my basis on the dex comment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheHaggarDagger said:

Because stabs aren't missed. You simply didn't crit. If you don't crit, you don't yield damage. Which is why I laugh at every Othell that says "CRIT DAMAGE ALL THE WAY WHY YOU SPEC CRIT CHANCE/DEX dyes HURRRR"

 

Because "missing" a crit is a lot less damage than not.

 

If it's blood stab, then yah... Positioning absolutely required.

This is an interesting PoV but...

 

What comes first? The hit or the critical? And if the stab doesn't crit shouldn't it make some dmg? (Small but some), plus in my case it doesn't even use the soulshot and since the critical is an effect and not an action i don't think it is the case.

8

It doesn't hurt me though to try with a few dex potions +10 

 

My stats btw with no armor atm 150 STR 84 DEX

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheHaggarDagger said:

Because stabs aren't missed. You simply didn't crit. If you don't crit, you don't yield damage. Which is why I laugh at every Othell that says "CRIT DAMAGE ALL THE WAY WHY YOU SPEC CRIT CHANCE/DEX dyes HURRRR"

 

Because "missing" a crit is a lot less damage than not.

 

If it's blood stab, then yah... Positioning absolutely required.

 

im curious, what is your take on p accuracy and how it affects an othel, if at all? (i have not done any specific testing myself, this would be an annoying one to test and really only affects 1 AP choice, Berserker's Eagle)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

Old post but i need to say it, i found similar issue on my hunting. Usually all hits land as crit with  diffrent dmg output. But sometimes i see it is like 2-3 hits which not pop any info on screen and not make any dmg on mob. I count this as a game server lag, i dont find any other explanation for it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ill respond to this aswell

My Ghost Hunter is also having this issue since a few updates

i shadow chase stab and there is no dmg, sometimes multiple times after another

 

Regards

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, iHyperlite said:

 

im curious, what is your take on p accuracy and how it affects an othel, if at all? (i have not done any specific testing myself, this would be an annoying one to test and really only affects 1 AP choice, Berserker's Eagle)

Yes me to, does accuracy help pve/pvp?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 1:10 AM, Mitzza said:

Yes me to, does accuracy help pve/pvp?  

P accuracy does absolutely nothing for stabs, and othell auto attack is pointless, i.e. crit swing for 60k damage, vs 1m stab damage

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

There is no issue here. Stabs aren't 100% land rate, even when hitting from behind. It's much higher from behind but not 100%. If you miss a stab, there's no damage and there's no message other than "You use (skill)." which is what is causing what everyone is experiencing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:02 PM, Joebob said:

There is no issue here. Stabs aren't 100% land rate, even when hitting from behind. It's much higher from behind but not 100%. If you miss a stab, there's no damage and there's no message other than "You use (skill)." which is what is causing what everyone is experiencing.

Bloodstab is 100% land rate from behind.

Bloodstab inflict bleed too and that isnt 100% land rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 JoeBob

You guys are just completely missing a stab.  There is nothing new or "broken" about this.  Daggers have ALWAYS missed stabs.  This is the trade-off daggers have for getting stab dmg from NORMAL (p.attack) crit dmg.   No other class gets a dmg boost to their skills from regular crit dmg.  Daggers get a boost from normal and skill crit dmg.

It doesn't happen much but it DOES happen.  It is what it is. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...