What do you think of the new greedy chests ?

Arthur

I didn't think that I would write this, but maybe the chests need to be nerfed?

The reward is too great
And the players are ready to kill each other for these chests

Every now and then you hear in the chat "The Player No1 scammer killed me in the PK and took my box" or
"The Player No2 scammer steal my box"

The top players on the server are very resentful of each other because of this.
And this creates an unfriendly atmosphere on the server, players take offense and write petitions to the support, thereby overloading it

2 moment is a mess in the gem market
When the La Vie Event will be, no one will buy gems from L2 stores at 100 Ncoin per box if at the auction gems 5 lv cost 6-15 bil

Greedy Chests is a good idea, but maybe it needs some polishing?
So that the hunt for chests would be conducted without fanaticism

For example, a drop from a chest:
Gem 5 lv  Drop Rate 20%
Giant Energy x10  Drop Rate 90%
Elcyum x2 Drop Rate 50%

• Haha 2

I think that this is the most Stupid Post ever Posted in this forum

Are you seriously asking for a NERF  when the game is already VERY expensive to play at its full potential? 

What you are asking at the end is that you would like to nerf the drops so prices of these jewels go up again so nobody can get decent jewels and be able to farm better

What you are asking is truly stupid, no offense but you'r post should be Banned forever,  this is the only great thing that happened to our servers.

If you are unable to kill the chest and if you can't handle the fact other ppl can fight for them, don't play L2 or any MMORPG, this is not hello kitty , fight for ur things, and if u can't fight, grow stronger and fight,  and to grow stronger u will need to buy those "CHEAP JEWELS" that will come from the chest.

Im truly amazed by ur post. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have to agree with Andouille. Your obviously not thinking smart here. 

You think reducing the chance of a level 5 gem will stop the top players from farming them? It wouldn't change a thing... it would just make them more expensive to buy.

You should be happy that it greatly reduces their prices and are more plentiful on the servers.

Think before posting stupidity like that here...

A nerf isn't the right thing. How the boxes spawn need changed.

Make them spawn based on a players killing in a specific circle, then the chest has a chance to spawn for that player's circle. Gives the afk person the best chance of killing it and the auto farmers the most headache of tracking it. 

Nerfing the boxes is the wrong choice. Changing the spawn mechanics is better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greedy chests are a 2 edge sword.  It will bring lvl5 jewels and greaters prices down but 80% of the sales will only benefit high end players since they will be ones to sell the jewels and get even richer.   

I do agree that boxes should fall where there is a player already killing and if he hits it 1st no matter who kills the box, 1st player that hit will take drop (of course there is always a chance the 1st person that hit it getting PKed and top player will wait for the box to reset then kill it).

The 20% chance would fare better, it would prevent the market from flooding with jewels and make it more competitive since top players would be less aggressive towards finding them greedy boxes.

Make more items drop from those boxes... skill enchant scrolls...codex, runes, items that are rare now a days and much needed

8 hours ago, Legacy said:

The 20% chance would fare better, it would prevent the market from flooding with jewels and make it more competitive since top players would be less aggressive towards finding them greedy boxes.

Make more items drop from those boxes... skill enchant scrolls...codex, runes, items that are rare now a days and much needed

This makes no sense,  you want a lower drop rate(LOL!) in hopes to make it more competitive for the average player? Top players will always go for this these chests regardless of rates, if you lower them, all you do is increase the price of the jewels, which at this point in the game EVERYONE should have.

And regarding your second point, you want more crap to drop from the chests? Stuff that we can already get in other ways? FFS 

14 hours ago, Arthur said:

2 moment is a mess in the gem market
When the La Vie Event will be, no one will buy gems from L2 stores at 100 Ncoin per box if at the auction gems 5 lv cost 6-15 bil

Not sure if troll or NCSoft shill.. 

/facepalm

I'm all grateful for your answers and even negative ones

A big problem is that the player monitor-boxes that you can see in 112+ locations like Varka and Ketra can use illegal programs (something like the Notification program and bots that increase the detection range of chests), otherwise how do you explain the fact that they instantly react and destroy Greedy chests right after they spawn?
I have no proof, but I have intuition, not all top players, but 3-4 are using illegal programs to farm chests, it would be nice if GM staff checked these fears.

Now about prices, prices for gems 5lv,  have already dropped by 4 times, is that not enough for you?
Further falling prices will lead to a mess in the market Jewel boxes and Gem Energies 
Because, why need combine if you can buy a very cheap gem 5 lv?
Such element of the game as Combination and the risks associated with it will become irrelevant

These jewels are 5 year's old content its time to be cheaper. The player base is missing basic item and the situation is so bad the gave the mobs pve dmg herb drop an u are here trying to convince everyone that the lack of cheap items is a god thing! 

• Like 1

Yea, the majority of the server is on lvl 3-4 low grade la vies which did come out 5 years ago. The fact that 95% of our players still don't have a single lvl 5 jewel and our average player lvl is 109-111 is just plain insulting.

The game is balanced for 5x greaters+ socketed. End game players should be trying for superiors. The fact that top 50 people on both servers still run lvl 4's has been a sign for a long time.

Regarding the chests: I've said this multiple times. Change the spawn mechanic to be a super low spawn chance per player per zone based on a circle of mobs being kills. Chests should spawn in empty circles in a zone. If no players killing, no chest window.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skyone said:

This makes no sense,  you want a lower drop rate(LOL!) in hopes to make it more competitive for the average player? Top players will always go for this these chests regardless of rates, if you lower them, all you do is increase the price of the jewels, which at this point in the game EVERYONE should have.

And regarding your second point, you want more crap to drop from the chests? Stuff that we can already get in other ways? FFS 

Not sure if troll or NCSoft shill.. 

/facepalm

So u are OK with a certain clan killing chest as soon as they spawn and get all the $$$ regardless whether u have to pay for them as long as u get lvl 5/6 jewels for cheap, and they are able to get even more geared and control the market and players.  In the end u can have ur lvl 5/6 jewels and still be worthless ingame.  And I'm the one that makes no sense.

Right, so lets decrease the supply with an ever increasing demand and see what happens :)

You think they will stop hunting the chests if the drop rate was 20%? No, they will continue, and now they have a reason to price the jewels even higher because once again they are rare.

Edit: Oh and by the way, I never said I was ok with one clan monopolising the chests. I agree with Hyperlite's suggestion that the system needs tweaking. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, iAndouille said:

I think that this is the most Stupid Post ever Posted in this forum

Are you seriously asking for a NERF  when the game is already VERY expensive to play at its full potential? 

What you are asking at the end is that you would like to nerf the drops so prices of these jewels go up again so nobody can get decent jewels and be able to farm better

What you are asking is truly stupid, no offense but you'r post should be Banned forever,  this is the only great thing that happened to our servers.

If you are unable to kill the chest and if you can't handle the fact other ppl can fight for them, don't play L2 or any MMORPG, this is not hello kitty , fight for ur things, and if u can't fight, grow stronger and fight,  and to grow stronger u will need to buy those "CHEAP JEWELS" that will come from the chest.

Im truly amazed by ur post. 

I like them since they will make players farm easier (make gems cheaper and more available), what I don't like is:

- the non-random spawn points and bots.

- they made the La Vie event just a few weeks prior, making it extremely expensive, and then "poof" de-value everything people worked for.

- how this was introduced as a "catch-up" feature. You need to spend massive amounts of money to even be able to kill them.

And before you say "learn the game" - can kill them easily, most of lower geared friends cannot, even with what I'd say is decent gear ( +12 bloody krishna weap etc.)

6 hours ago, Weenz0x1 said:

I like them since they will make players farm easier (make gems cheaper and more available), what I don't like is:

- the non-random spawn points and bots.

- they made the La Vie event just a few weeks prior, making it extremely expensive, and then "poof" de-value everything people worked for.

- how this was introduced as a "catch-up" feature. You need to spend massive amounts of money to even be able to kill them.

And before you say "learn the game" - can kill them easily, most of lower geared friends cannot, even with what I'd say is decent gear ( +12 bloody krishna weap etc.)

But the spots aren't truly random. Its the same spots every time in each zone, not every spot in a zone. If there are 30 mob circles in wastelands, maybe 18 can spawn the chest, only 3 do at a given time.

Aside from the spawn location changing, making these spawn via a "window" is a poor idea and not random. 

Not random enough to pre ent what is currently happening, spy chars giving alarms for people to instant port and kill. 

It may be necessary to remove temporarily chests from areas with a high level of mobs ? (where almost no one will kill mobs now)

I got the impression that these zones are divided between 2 players (I cannot name them because of the privacy policy) The rest of the players have no chance to kill the chest in these areas (these areas are Wasteland and Breka Stronghold)

The chest appears and after 3 minutes it will be killed

Rivalry for chests is impossible because most likely these 2 players are using illegal programs ( Is it fair that this whole event is for 2 players?)

Therefore, I suggest removing chests only from zones:
Wasteland 
Breka Stronghold
Field of Massacre
Dragon Valley
Fafurion Temple

9 hours ago, Arthur said:

It may be necessary to remove temporarily chests from areas with a high level of mobs ? (where almost no one will kill mobs now)

I got the impression that these zones are divided between 2 players (I cannot name them because of the privacy policy) The rest of the players have no chance to kill the chest in these areas (these areas are Wasteland and Breka Stronghold)

Rivalry for chests is impossible because most likely these 2 players are using illegal programs ( Is it fair that this whole event is for 2 players?)

Wasteland 
Breka Stronghold
Field of Massacre
Dragon Valley
Fafurion Temple

I suggest you keep your retordicle oppinions to yourself. 

I do agree that some ppl are using illegal programs to locate the chests but if they remove them it will ruin it for everyone else who can now afford them at a lower price.

Also its not only 2 ppl that gets all the chests. I for one managed to get a chest while i was farming afk. And i know many others that did the same.

Its not an event, its an add on to the game. Everyone else is in the same boat as you so stop crying...

When will people realise that nerfing these chests will not help them in any way.... Remove the chests from high lvl areas? All those boxes/cameras you see in those areas will just be moved to other areas, the areas that you farm in.. How does that help you again?

9 hours ago, Arthur said:

Wasteland 
Breka Stronghold
Field of Massacre
Dragon Valley
Fafurion Temple

No, no and no. 

I xp in those zones, why should I, or any other player, be penalized for a poorly implemented spawn mechanic? 

The chest should only spawn in an circle being killed by a player. No players killing, no chest. Also, every mob circle should have a chance to spawn the chest, unlike now. 

Regarding spawn time, i don't think it should be a set time. Just a super low chance to make the mob spawn based on killing. 

Afk ppl get best chance at getting it. Farmers have hardest chance at cheating it.

On 12/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, Srelock said:

These jewels are 5 year's old content its time to be cheaper. The player base is missing basic item and the situation is so bad the gave the mobs pve dmg herb drop an u are here trying to convince everyone that the lack of cheap items is a god thing! 

Well said!
IF compound rates were higher we would not be having this conversation or this thread or even greedy chests. But even so, I enjoy when i can afford something listed in ah. 

first 2 ways to solve the problem that crossed my mind is 

1. make greedy chest drop bound to the party who killed the mob to spawn it ( so people wont pk to get the item) 

2. make that random location spawn (chest not necessarily appear in the area of the mob that spawned it) 

3rd came up while writing the 2 above 

spawn chests all over the map at the same time , and totally random times  0-24 hours window.... 

4! monitor if the ones getting the chests use programs or not!

I don't know if its possible but I would like to see the ability to /target chests removed. You would then need to visually see the chest and target it.

I know this does nothing for the afk groups farmers but this is purely designed for people who want to put in the effort and gear up their toons.

This would lead to a more effort in searching = increased likelihood of reward.

The 3rd party program use to message users when a chest is in range along with the excessive use of cameras is getting way out of hand.

This system needs a serious rework because of the following problems:
- Maybe 100's or more camera toons clogging up the server causing queue on top as well.
These toons in turn keep every single area constantly loaded up causing more load on the server.
- There are automated programs relogging toons every 2-3 minutes to perform a scan of every single level 120 greedy chest area.
- There are automated programs which run the same pre-recorded path 24x7 to find chests.

Before the botting for it got really out of control it was still possible to catch 1 or 2 chests every few days with a bit of luck.
Now it has been nothing for weeks because of the usual problem with the NCWest server and the out of control botting.

What could be a solution to this problem would be changing how they spawn and make it bound to a specific character. 

For example, a character would need to kill 10k mobs for the chest to spawn which is bound to him. He gets 10 min to kill the box before it dissapears. If he is not strong enough to kill it by himself he can ask friends to help but they would need to be part of his party in order to do damage to the box. Once the box is destroyed only the bound character can pick up the drop. If the drop isn't  picked up in the time being allowed it will dissapear too.

This way everyone would get a chance to get them. They should also be for level 110+ to avoid farmers to just try  to get them.  It would only be a privilege for main players who took the time to reach higher levels.