Forums

PETITION: Make Talking Island GMT -4

Gabe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Gabe said:

Currently Juji has stated the above time zones for the two servers. I think we can all agree that we want a server more oriented towards the North/South American gaming community.

With North and South America spanning from GMT-2 (Islands off of Argentina/Brasil) to GMT-8 (West Coast of Canada and US), a server timezone of GMT -4 seems like a happy medium for all players.

With Talking Island as a GMT -4 Server....

If you lived in Sao Paulo, Rio De Janeiro or Buenos Aires:

• Castle Sieges would start at 9pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 9pm to 1am.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 10pm.

If you lived in Puerto Rico, St Kitts, or Bolivia:

• Castle Sieges would start at 8pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 8pm to Midnight.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 9pm.

If you lived in Toronto, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, DC, or Miami:

• Castle Sieges would start at 7pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 7pm to 11pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 8pm.

If you lived in Chicago, Dallas, or Mexico City:

• Castle Sieges would start at 6pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 6pm to 10pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 7pm.

If you lived in Denver, Edmonton, or Salt Lake City:

• Castle Sieges would start at 5pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 5pm to 9pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 6pm.

If you lived in Vancouver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle:

• Castle Sieges would start at 4pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 4pm to 8pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 5pm.

Show support for a -4 GMT Talking Island by replying to this thread or putting a Heart as a reaction to this thread!

-4 is perfect for Brs/Args and believe me this server will be crowded of Brazilians and Argentinians!!! I'm in a lot of groups of clans from Brazil and Argentina and a LOT of them will join this NA server but they want a NA time not EU time!

3 hours ago, Kadden said:

Seriously? You're asking for an NA server to have EU timezones so that EU players can play "comfortably". This is so inconsiderate, especially because EU has had their own Classic server for YEARS now. 

Just don't be ridiculous, -4 is a compromise. 

Being ridiculous to minorities is the worst thing that can happen. If NCSOFT decides on two NA servers, then all the EU players will be doomed by Skelth which is going to be dead after launching of NA server (pretty obvious for Lineage 2 fans). Give us a chance. EU clients can add value/payoff as well.

15 hours ago, Limerence said:

Giran -6 GMT then ...
And Talking island +1 GMT ...
That's the most reasonable choice ... 
You should accept that there are a lot of EU players on NA since the times Naia was based on EU ... So, your suggestions are extreme ... :)

hell no you crazy these are na servers go play that innova crap with the cheating russian admins...-4 gmt talking island -7 gmt for west coast...these are na servers if you dont like it dont play

Hello All,

Many will play from EU, since currently there are no free to play l2 classic official server here. GMT +1 as originally planed would be great, GMT -4 is really nonsense, because Europeans would have to participate in main events at ~1 am, which is a deep night ... At least one server shall be more European focused, the other server should be NA focused (I don't know how many time zones there are in NA, but take average of it and it would be golden). Cheers! Keenly waiting for the start!

16 hours ago, Infuzion said:

Skelth which is going to be dead after launching of NA server (pretty obvious for Lineage 2 fans)

???

I'm sure that Europeans already playing on Skelth would really like to play on a server with l2 store and they will move right away from their existing server.

I live in NYC, a full-time job. My playing time will be from 7pm to 1130pm. If they don't make this changes I won't be able to return to L2. I'm not 18 anymore. They need to understand who they player base are. I really hope they change the timezone.  

NCSoft West has always embraced EU players. I have played the game on and off since 2004 so for me it would be really strange if both servers would be on NA time zones. Make one for NA and one for EU in terms of time zones. I don't see the problem in that. Anything else would be a smack in the face for a big loyal customer base.

Two simple solutions:

1) One NA based East Coast (most of the US population and likely L2 playerbase).  If population is sufficient, open a West Coast server (or vis versa, same thing, but lower initial cost if 1 not 2 NA servers).  If there is sufficient demand, open a SA classic server, I'm pretty sure most players would like this from both regions.

2) One NA-based server (probably Central Time), one SA based server (-2?).  Open addition as more demand is needed split by timezone to make it more comfortable.

Sorry, Europeans are irrelevant on an NA server, NC cannot depreciate their product to cater to a group that is playing on the wrong region.  This does not apply to South Americans as they have no classic server of their own.  NC has to have forward growth expectations, not maintaining a player base that should not exist in the first place.  There is no business logic of opening a classic server unless they are planning on growing their population, otherwise it's a race to the bottom, again.  The milk their existing player base ship has sailed long ago.

I am available as a database/logisitics/BA consultant NC send me an email if needed.  I saw your Job postings I am okay with contract work :-)  Joking, but not.

52 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Two simple solutions:

1) One NA based East Coast (most of the US population and likely L2 playerbase).  If population is sufficient, open a West Coast server (or vis versa, same thing, but lower initial cost if 1 not 2 NA servers).  If there is sufficient demand, open a SA classic server, I'm pretty sure most players would like this from both regions.

2) One NA-based server (probably Central Time), one SA based server (-2?).  Open addition as more demand is needed split by timezone to make it more comfortable.

Sorry, Europeans are irrelevant on an NA server, NC cannot depreciate their product to cater to a group that is playing on the wrong region.  This does not apply to South Americans as they have no classic server of their own.  NC has to have forward growth expectations, not maintaining a player base that should not exist in the first place.  There is no business logic of opening a classic server unless they are planning on growing their population, otherwise it's a race to the bottom, again.  The milk their existing player base ship has sailed long ago.

I am available as a database/logisitics/BA consultant NC send me an email if needed.  I saw your Job postings I am okay with contract work :-)  Joking, but not.

option 2 would be best in an ideal world -6 and a -2 server. Then if they want to open a EU server too by all means +1 or w.e.

Archived