Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hime

3 minutes ago, existenz said:

most mmos that i have played. even elder scrolls online and warcraft had bugs and way more than the list you provided.

you cant have software without bugs.

the problem starts not with bugs but how long will take you to provide solution. in our case its only been a week, i guess all bugs will fixed in the upcoming updates.

Rates of adena, spoil and XP its not a bug. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These issues should have had a hotfix on day 1. I know some people think it's great that the rates are so low. They'll all be playing alone or with very small community and bored in a short amount of time. Let alone the spellbooks that are needed post 40 with their .01 - .05 drop rates on 1x rates. Imagine what they'll be with the rates nerfed like this? Your VIP 4 won't help you a gd bit in that regard. I can only imagine the people not as upset about these rates are currently the ones fully involved in rmt and ncstore spending. I know a lot of people spend more on this game than they would a brand new vehicle or house, but that's a very small minority. If it weren't such an issue and people weren't sick of it, you'd see the 2 "LIVE" versions servers full. Afraid ya don't though. Proof positive that people don't/won't stand for it long. Also, I was blown away that in less than a week I was getting spammed by adena sellers, watching full 9 man bot trains in Elven Fortress, and such an outcry from the community. Gimme a break.

1 hour ago, InVizO said:

I hardly see how this is relevant.  Supply and Demand my friend, supply shooting through the roof all of a sudden will decrease the price but increase the volume they sell....

But with rates like that, u give a huge advantage for who buy adena from this suppliers. Ppl cant even affords SS bro. Yes, these sellers will always be there, but they impact will be less with high ammounts of drop, cause ppl will feel unnecessary to buy. Different from now that ppl cant buy SS or a new weapon to grind lvl30+

@Hime probably because you are not going to change that adena drop/spoil now you will lose half of the community on this server who are free two play will leave I guarantee. I understand its p2w but be realistic this is not classic we were waiting for from the patch notes which you promised.

1 minute ago, existenz said:

most mmos that i have played. even elder scrolls online and warcraft had bugs and way more than the list you provided.

you cant have software without bugs.

the problem starts not with bugs but how long will take you to provide solution. in our case its only been a week, i guess all bugs will be fixed in the upcoming updates.

Sure, I agree, but TESO is a new game (dunno about wow classic, what bugs they had). I am by myself c++/opengl gamedev, I understand the system development life cycle. But for a ~15yrs old game, which is very polished, very known even from the player's perspective, making such huge bugs at launch is just being ignorant without having beta test server. How can you postpone launch multiple times for multiple hours and last update: ETA of launch unknown? This happens when ur changing important things (like PK drop) a day before launch. Crazy. Not fully tested system.

Ok, happened, but then you cant launch a server on wednesday, but on monday instead, so you have whole week of time to work, and not just 9-17, but extended hours. And now launching on wednesday (thursday due to postpones) and then having 2 days weekend, you cant afford sleep and you have to work twice as much first few weeks.

There is an irony in the fact that half the people are complaining that the game is unplayable and the other half are complaining that they can't get in to play the unplayable game.  Yes, I know all the reasons for it.  I'll even add one I haven't seen before: people logging in for a half an hour or more just to claim their daily rewards from the attendance event.  Have you seen the number of toons just standing around doing nothing -- not fishing, no store up, just standing around?  Suspending that event for a week or two, then restarting it, would help.  Still, it is ironic and I wonder whether it is misleading the NCWest folks into believing the game itself is fine and the people complaining here are either a minority or playing (and paying) despite complaining.  Personally, I'll continue to log on to get my event bonus then log off to give others a chance.  Maybe all those with toons just standing around could do that too.  It would help.

The adena problem is compounds with other issues in the game.... the low drop rates wouldn't be much of an issue if experience rates wernt increased throwing you into higher lvl mobs with no gear. Not being able to cover cost of soulshots wouldn't be a big deal (original game you couldn't afford to hunt with soulshots on all the time, especially early), if you couldn't p2w them, making them still standard, even though it's not sustainable.

man, stuff doesnt change much.

new release, massive pages on complaints.

just smoke some pot or drink a beer and go farm some mobs. stuff will be fixed within a month and adena market will come around.

edit: i dont play a spoiler so i have no opinion on that. but if u arent getting an item every 1 or 2 spoils on white/green mobs, something is wrong there. adena may be fine.

edit 2: im 23 on 3 chars, been in party since lvl 1, i purchased 1 res book and 1 sleep book, got a couple full drops, and have maybe 70k to my name between all 3 chars. novice staff ftw, probably until 40 at this rate

Just now, Digilicious said:

Just give us a p2p (pay to play) server already with correct rates...and a new DB that's not tied to anything else. 

Thanks!

to be fair, being vip 4 makes it a p2p account if u maintain it (1300 ncoins/month = around 16/month) and you have no queue. a p2p game will die, f2p will keep more ppl logging in.

plus, cash shops always do better than monthly payments. this isnt wow, theres maybe 10k people in the world excited about this game at the moment. cash shop is the only self sufficient option while also taking player retention into account. 

Meanwhile , on L2 Live after they also had problems :

• Additionally, Prestige Pack subscribers will receive Drop Rate Rune 200% 7-day packs via Account Management. Coupon can be redeemed after the the maintenance.

Now is very clear, that this was intended, else you would of give something similar to ALL players on Classic until things would be fixed.

Sad thing is that, VIP 3/4 are useless now ! You really don't get any beneficial things from it. 

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Other high priority issues are still under review:

• Adena drop rate
  • 10% EXP loss rate on death (instead of 4%)

The fact that this is "under investigation" and not "we're working on it", lets me know that the low adena rate was intentional.

26 minutes ago, KABAL said:

• Additionally, Prestige Pack subscribers will receive Drop Rate Rune 200% 7-day packs via Account Management. Coupon can be redeemed after the the maintenance.

Now is very clear, that this was intended, else you would of give something similar to ALL players on Classic until things would be fixed.

Yup. I'll have to dig it up, but I thought I read somewhere that any new "classic" deployment requires a "max rate of x1" (i.e. the old L2 rates). So in this case, for the true F2P players, they get hosed with lower drops rates, while the VIP 4 players are "graced" with the 50% drop rate that brings it inline with standard rates. 

I can see the "producer(s)" selling this to the execs to rake in cash. "Let's lower the drop rate, call it F2P classic, and if they want the real drop rate, we charge them like it was P2P". And guess what, it worked. 

I guess this means we have to wait another week before they can properly "review" how to fix this on classic.

6 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Sad thing is that, VIP 3/4 are useless now ! You really don't get any beneficial things from it. 

yes they have to give  30 day d weapons +ss/bss

22 minutes ago, PyroAmos said:

The adena problem is compounds with other issues in the game.... the low drop rates wouldn't be much of an issue if experience rates wernt increased throwing you into higher lvl mobs with no gear. Not being able to cover cost of soulshots wouldn't be a big deal (original game you couldn't afford to hunt with soulshots on all the time, especially early), if you couldn't p2w them, making them still standard, even though it's not sustainable.

original game had weaker mobs which you could kill without shots

1 minute ago, Digilicious said:

Yup. I'll have to dig it up, but I thought I read somewhere that any new "classic" deployment requires a "max rate of x1" (i.e. the old L2 rates). So in this case, for the true F2P players, they get hosed with lower drops rates, while the VIP 4 players are "graced" with the 50% drop rate that brings it inline with standard rates. 

I can see the "producer(s)" selling this to the execs to rake in cash. "Let's lower the drop rate, call it F2P classic, and if they want the real drop rate, we charge them like it was P2P". And guess what, it worked. 

Except, VIPs are getting sht right now. The 50% increase in drop is non-existent. 

1 minute ago, Hanzur said:

yes they have to give  30 day d weapons +ss/bss

See? This is how problems start. Denying that there is a problem. I did NOT asked whatever bullshit you wrote. The think that they didn't say anything about the rates when the server started, says A LOT about NcSoft. I want normal rate to be able to farm whatever bullshit you wrote. I don't want free items. 

And with that 200% drop rate rune I am pretty sure will NOT change much. 0.01% for a weapon drop will be 0.05%. And yes, you will not get 1 Stem in 1 hour, but .. 3 ! Congratulation I guess. 

Now , go back and farm some more spiders to be able to buy SS's! Unless, you're going P2W style and buy them from the shop with $.

Archived