Chronos/Naia Merge

Jinkariya

I would like to know when are you guys planning to merge Chronos and Naia cause I'm pretty sure you have observed that both of the servers now exhibits low activity so why wait and bore the hell out of those who still plays I think I speak for every player that a merge must be done soon but this time let's make it a clean slate server don't merge Naia to Chronos or vice versa make a clean slate server with no castle/clan hall owners so everyone get's a fair chance. @Juji

I have high hopes that Juji will do a much better job than those two whose name we shall not speak, who are responsible for the decline in players by the superbad job they did, so let's wait and see if he succeeds to bring ppl. back to our servers.

Things that are needed (I repeat for the 100th time) :

• more real FREE and FUN events mixed in to the neccessary L2Store Promos, with rewards that will help the F2P players to catch up to the P2W maniacs.
  • increase of drops! If antibot works, everywhere. If not, at least in instances. Again so that F2P ppl can improve gear and advance in game, to catch up.
  • Lower prices in store! Each reacurring L2 Promo with higher chances of success and/or lower prices compared to last Promo, again so the ppl that were left behind the "whales" can catch up.
  • and, most important, less new P2W items in store! Not more than 1 or 2 new items per year MAX. I can't stress this enough. P2W was the reason I heard from 90% of my friends that were quitting under Neutron's tyranny. Most still loved the game, but P2W was just too much/too expensive/too overpowered/too insane.

There always will and also should be a gab between players who spend and others that don't. There always will be a L2Store and we can accept that. But, it has grown waaaaaay beyond sanity. I can understand everyone that has no desire to keep playing when 1 toon kills your whole clan on siegeweekends.

If @Juji does not have intention to do any of these things, yeah merge the whole remains that are left on our two servers and let the visa warriors fight it out :)

Juji, I count on you !

8 hours ago, Jinkariya said:

I think I speak for every player that a merge must be done soon

I don't agree.

Merging Freya+Naia did not help much, so merging Naia with Chronos with have the same outcome. What we need is a different strategy from NC Soft to keep the game alive.

Besides, if you remain with one server that would mean no Dim Raid/Siege, they would also have to revise the exalted questline.

Just now, Helv said:

I don't agree.

Merging Freya+Naia did not help much, so merging Naia with Chronos with have the same outcome. What we need is a different strategy from NC Soft to keep the game alive.

Besides, if you remain with one server that would mean no Dim Raid/Siege, they would also have to revise the exalted questline.

Merging servers with different timezones (moreso if they are aimed at different continents) is a bad idea, always. I completely agree.

As for how events or p2w items are introduced, or how some in-game-obtainable items are removed from NA version, we all know nothing is going to change. There's nearly 7 years of pushing NCw to make it seem less greedy with the promos while blatantly disregarding any issues within the game, including potential future ones that everyone keeps warning them in advance about. Nothing changes, it's the same story over and over again. And after spending nearly 7 years in here, I see no reason why it would stop now. Especially as it is the same in Classic.

1. Different server Timezones - changing either will mean people quitting as their play times will be no longer supported aka a loose : loose situation
  2. before Classic servers were launched both servers had 3+K player base so it's way to premature to even consider mergers as if/when people get bored of Classic/want to return there need to be still room for them as server cap is 5.9K players (nobody wants to deal with that horrific queue system just to be able to login)
  3. Dim Server becomes obsolete, will cost resources to adjust all quests etc around that - NC not going to do that as Dev cost more then the upkeep of just letting the servers run
  4. no more money to made through server transfers

pretty sure more points can be made and as much I love to have both servers merged so I have all friends that are still left playing Live together I know for a fact neither the Euro nor the NA folks want a change in their Timezones so that is just not going to work sadly enough..

having said that if for what ever reason NCWest does decide to plan for a Merger they obviously should inform the players before re-enabling Server Transfers Service, I know many Chronos Euro players (myself included) are thinking to move to Naia as Chronos has shifted to mainly a real NA server with not much activity during EU times so a merger after spending money on transfer would be ill received!

right now both Servers are in bad shape due to the Classic Hype but once that cools down situations may change

They can re-adjust the server settings and put it back as it was before having sieges with 2 different times half of the castles on EU primetime and the other half at NA primetime and that goes the same for oly one of the days is on EU and the other day is on NA. also instead of having dime siege they can bring back Territory wars since that at least was more challenging than dime siege and I'm pretty sure putting that settings back wouldn't be that much work and Dime siege is pretty boring since no one cares about it proven that more than half of the castles available are owned by MorningStar and the others are owned by DH. 

As for the state of the game they should stop putting too much in-game items as rewards to their p2w events as this beats the purpose of the game entirely. And also cycling the p2w events to a lesser degree that it is right now is pretty welcome let's say in a 6 month period you can have 1 p2w event followed by 2 non-p2w events then repeat this should at least let the players have a breather when to their pockets. Also fixing the in-game settings that players will have choice to actually improve their gears through "hardwork" (farming instances,raids,killing mobs) by adjusting the in-game drop rate (adena/item drops) since as the state of the game right now is almost the same as that of classic that if you started from the beginning without anything you wouldn't even have the adena to buy soulshots lmao 

All in all we'll just have to wait and see how Juji will "fix this mess :)  

On ‎10‎. ‎10‎. ‎2018 at 11:37 PM, Jinkariya said:

I would like to know when are you guys planning to merge Chronos and Naia cause I'm pretty sure you have observed that both of the servers now exhibits low activity so why wait and bore the hell out of those who still plays I think I speak for every player that a merge must be done soon but this time let's make it a clean slate server don't merge Naia to Chronos or vice versa make a clean slate server with no castle/clan hall owners so everyone get's a fair chance. @Juji

Servers are not empty. Its just that everyone and his dog try dead servers so they apparently missing on live servers.

Even in this temporally conditions ppl playing on live servers are enough but problem is in design flaws, programed bottlenecks and playing restrictions.

For example players cry that there are not enough healers and  tanks so not enough online players but truth is there are enough online they are just restricted on only one faction mission of same type or only one daily instance of the same type.

For decision by developers healers and tanks cant offer their service to more parties for same instance.

Its absurd to pretend that clans will need to maintain 50 tanks for any combination of parties.

Maybe to do siege with tanks and healers only lol.

So instead to promise cake for iss, healer, tank and mob killers - do provide also additional pass for every instance and you have double number of people willing to play.

Or make petition to remove restrictions on instances and best would be to combine with petition to remove bottlenecks (like quest 10k points on same mobs and such) in same time.

But if you really insist for merge then my answer I already posted on this forum

Shut down Chronos or merge it with Aden, Giran and TI for two valid reasons..

1. because there is a lot cries that Chronos is empty dead.

2.I'm playin on Naia.

21 hours ago, Draecke said:

would be nice for sure to see the return of Territory Wars and the like but as said before that requires alot of dedicated Development resources and NC ain't known for investing much in their Export Regions like that ^^"

Korea/NC HQ has decided to remove TW from the game. Just like manor or arena mode, you cannot just "re-enable" it.

3 hours ago, ChiChele said:

re-do this picture in prime time and not after nightly server-restart.

you will see approx. 2.2 to 2.5k players on each server. That is not enough to celebrate, but also far from being dead.

Now it's up to @Juji to bring back players that Neutron/Conguero scared away before, plenty ideas that could accomplish this were given.

Also: I know for a fact that many players from Classic will be back rather soon. And my strong guess is that Classic will bring also a lot of new players to live servers. So it would be good to make the game more newbie friendly right now, give bonuses, whatever. Just make it so that new players feel welcome and will have a good start.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:37 PM, Jinkariya said:

I think I speak for every player that a merge must be done. @Juji

I also don't agree with this.

You can't have "halfsies" oly / sieges. And fixing a GMT for a probable merge would force half of the people to change to something better (aka, since this is NA servers, the GMT will probably be NA related, so most European players will go say hi to Fragola, or just quit all together).

People are bored, because that's just how this community works. A new toy shows up (Classic), and everyone has to be the first to play with the new toy... Until... Guess what, they get bored again ;)

The attendance event was really cool for players. Free boosts it's always something to be grateful for. But at the moment, the Live servers are forgotten. No events going to keep the people entertained, no preview about the upcomings events and fixs, nothing.

I'm glad you're all excited for Juji to be back, but... He's focused on the Classic servers. So... Don't expect much from him regarding the Live servers :/

1 hour ago, Nymphadorae said:

No events going to keep the people entertained, no preview about the upcomings events and fixs, nothing.

Well big part of that is the players own fault. Like, yours too.

If ppl. would stop to detag for mindnumbing XP grind, there would be much less boredom and more fun.

People in big clans should stop to be a slave to their bloody boring XP bar and PLAY THE GAME instead....

To ask @Juji for a 15 days penalty after leaving clan is hopeless as it would burden the none-PVP players a lot, so it's up the PVP players to sort this thing out themselves.

On 12/10/2018 at 11:16 AM, OmenOfSteel said:

Well big part of that is the players own fault. Like, yours too.

If ppl. would stop to detag for mindnumbing XP grind, there would be much less boredom and more fun.

People in big clans should stop to be a slave to their bloody boring XP bar and PLAY THE GAME instead....

Conclusion: Detaging is the root of all evil to the live servers... 9_9o.O if a merge happens between Naia and Chronos, I'll be there to check how you welcome MS :D

I disagree. The game server is not dead it is just boring.

Why boring? MS has the 2 strongests pts in server that could wipe out the hole server, yet they have invited the whole server into their clan.

Its always the same thing, same strategy. Invite the whole server, get strong on the back of all those sheeps, bully everyone that opposes u until they quit ( no matter if they are strong or not) than cry about merge.

It happened on zaken now its happening on chronos. And guess who are the ppl crying on chronos????? Bingo!! The same from zaken! (Guess what will happen if they merge chronos and naia??)

Now on dimensional sieges where things could get interesting and really fun the most op clan from each server decide to fight alongside!!!! WTF did u expect from such a coward move???

Also u kill any chance of pvp for the weaker ppl from your clan and the server (since 80% of pvp force is with you) by sending war to any clan, by doing that they just avoid pvp because starting war with ms has no benefits at all. So that small pvp that could happens for exp spots simply start with a PR when someone flag.

The way to fix the server (chronos) is really simple and it depend on you ms, start dismissing ppl or get 3 or 4 strong cps and make a third side.

Well i guess thats just not gonna happen... No one will leave the winning side. I guess we'll have to keep fighting here in the forums where nothing ever change and no gm give a damn... :)

Sorry for the long post.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, Jinkariya said:

I think I speak for every player that a merge must be done soon

1st. No you don't speak for everyone - I'd be surprised if you even spoke for most people on this situation.

2nd. Classics only just come out - boohoo half your server left to play there. Give them a month or two and see if they are still playing that, most likely a huge chunk return to play on the main servers.

If/when this doesn't happen then its time to start looking at possible solutions but its just far to early to contemplate any merge. Because of the difference in server times it becomes a clusterbleep for both parties. From a personal standpoint if they move even +1 more hour from the current applied that it would be the end for me in active play and im sure there would be plenty of other people on both servers who the compromise timezone would end up not suiting.

On 13.10.2018 at 9:31 PM, Nymphadorae said:

Conclusion: Detaging is the root of all evil to the live servers... 9_9o.O if a merge happens between Naia and Chronos, I'll be there to check how you welcome MS :D

We in HUSARIA fought DH for 1+ year with 2 CPs against 12 or 15 and almost each of them had better lvl and gear than us, yet none of us was hiding in a PVE clan nor did we drop the war 9_9

So yeah, check whatever you want, but in the meanwhile you and your friends should try to find your cojones that you lost and re-tag, so we can have fun again :)

Tell the same to all those other DH-Lemming CPs too :D

increase drops, now have 3 server full of people(dont know if generate $) u use ur new antibot that was the "reason" to nerf all the game bring back? that update lie to the people just to nerf all game is boring and boring and boring, just exp and for that there is a lot game better that this to grin exp.

52 minutes ago, HyperD said:

increase drops, now have 3 server full of people(dont know if generate $) u use ur new antibot that was the "reason" to nerf all the game bring back? that update lie to the people just to nerf all game is boring and boring and boring, just exp and for that there is a lot game better that this to grin exp.

They wont increase drops.

increasing drops decreases l2store purchases

Lets say 2500 people left chronos to go to classic, if 500 of them have strong toons in live servers perhaps they return in 1 month yeh.But what about those 2000 players who are naked geared in chronos and have nothing to return to including me? They will stay on classic,at least here we are granted a chance to PLAY with our hands and not our wallets.7 years in live servers, my naked elf 103lvl toon in immortals,yeh very funny game.Any sane person wouldnt return in the live servers

22 minutes ago, rangomal said:

Lets say 2500 people left chronos to go to classic, if 500 of them have strong toons in live servers perhaps they return in 1 month yeh.But what about those 2000 players who are naked geared in chronos and have nothing to return to including me? They will stay on classic,at least here we are granted a chance to PLAY with our hands and not our wallets.7 years in live servers, my naked elf 103lvl toon in immortals,yeh very funny game.Any sane person wouldnt return in the live servers

7 years and immortal on live sever . Hmmmmmm . I bet you will be non grate armor from the quest untill at least lvl 80 on classic . 

6 minutes ago, HandsVSkills said:

7 years and immortal on live sever . Hmmmmmm . I bet you will be non grate armor from the quest untill at least lvl 80 on classic . 

It was a bad joke to represent how AWFUL the live servers are and unplayble.I actually wear +8 blessed r99 robe set + sigil on my healer and got full epics (zaken/orfen/tezza/baium/creation) and +7 weap.Also 1 talisman.But it doesnt matter.im still shit to visa warrriors probably a half skill.Stay away from Live servers.

5 hours ago, rangomal said:

It was a bad joke to represent how AWFUL the live servers are and unplayble.I actually wear +8 blessed r99 robe set + sigil on my healer and got full epics (zaken/orfen/tezza/baium/creation) and +7 weap.Also 1 talisman.But it doesnt matter.im still shit to visa warrriors probably a half skill.Stay away from Live servers.

Indeed.

Archived