Forums

Teleport cost problems!

Jorep

Im lvl 40 one week now (maybe more) for the sake of my money but since i got 100k (wow) i said to make a test! i went to cruma exp party and within 3-4 rebuffs i got 12.8k adena and the lvl 41! i made the required teleports after using soe to go to oren and i spent 16k in 8 seconds so i went and died deleveling to lvl 40 again! Is that a technique from NCsoft to prevent players like me to stop running the lvls, because if adena wasnt the problem i would be with my online hours and aligator daily quest 45++ lvl

8 minutes ago, Jorep said:

Im lvl 40 one week now (maybe more) for the sake of my money but since i got 100k (wow) i said to make a test! i went to cruma exp party and within 3-4 rebuffs i got 12.8k adena and the lvl 41! i made the required teleports after using soe to go to oren and i spent 16k in 8 seconds so i went and died deleveling to lvl 40 again! Is that a technique from NCsoft to prevent players like me to stop running the lvls, because if adena wasnt the problem i would be with my online hours and aligator daily quest 45++ lvl

Teleports are "luxury" thing, you gotta run from one location to another.

Up to 40 is gimme mode.  You have to pay like you used to in the old days if you want to zip around the world.  Put on your comfy shoes and beat ground!  Porting is just like soulshots.  You're not supposed to spam them.  They're luxury items and thus you have to pay for them.  Think it used to cost almost 60k to go from Gludin to Aden back in the day.  I would +1 to have a lower level alt to zip around and act as a courier for your higher toons.

The comments here are correct. Back in the day I hated spending money so I ran everywhere. But somewhere in here the point of the game is getting lost. It is a GAME. The point of a game is to have fun. Is running from Gludio to Giran fun?  It wasn’t and isn’t for me. None of the comments above mentions fun. If you hardcore guys have fun running instead of teleporting, hunting without soul shots, etc. then more power to you. I wonder, though, if there are enough people who feel that way to keep a server going long term. Are you hardcore folks really opposed to anything that would make the game more fun for more people just because it would also make it easier?

..this.. cant even enjoy the game properly... have to spend hours running, or trying to make money to pay some SS... or make new chars just ot make money... i dont mind paying ports but at least knowing that i could get the money back farming mobs.. same goes for summoner, have to play as damn nuker ..because summon dmg sucks without shots. so u pick summoner but have to play as Sps cause u cant be a summoner with this adena drop ^^. cant see the fun in that. 

The OP is dead on, not everyone that loves, plays, and PAYS to play this game lives in moms basement. There are MANY people like myself that have jobs and lives that just dont have hours to run between towns. I know there are relax servers and such whatever, I like the style of classic classes. Just because I have a life outside aden doesnt mean I dont have a right to input. The money drop in classic just doesnt justify having to pay for teleports period. As Lawman said, its a game, its meant to be fun, wheres the fun in either being broke or spending what little play time you have doing the forest gump shuffle? PS im as oldschool as it gets I played closed beta and was logged into Sieghardt day one live launch before the paint even dried so I know the pain well, unless the point of the game is to suffer, down with the gatekeeper fees!

Thanks everyone for your comments and so the only thing for me to do is to wait from NCsoft to do any change or wait my CP to reach 41 so we can all together have fun running to our exp spot talking on discord having fun xD

Learn how to play the game and maybe you will be able to teleport around?

Hunt in profitable areas, dont spend adena on SOE, Res & potions (if you do)?.

Turn off automatic SS and put SS on hotbar like in the old days and only use them when needed? for example i see so many nukers using their spiritshot to make 80% damage to a monster, then use another spiritshot for the remaining 20% whilst without spiritshot they make ~60% per hit and thus would kill it with the same amount of hits, just with a much larger profit.

Pretty much same with alot of melee characters.

Learn teleport locations to reduce costs? alot of the teleport locations can be saved by teleporting to nearby location & running for 2 minutes rather than teleporting 2 extra times.

Also finally, running between two cities takes almost no time at all - dont act like it takes 30 min to run between giran > gludio.

5 hours ago, Spoiler123654 said:

What old school hahahaha guys you have memory problems, back in the day 20 level areas didnt drop more adena/drops than 40+ areas. Same as spoils, common i made tarbar +3 in a week at 24 level and now i have 35k adena on me hahahha. Think before you post

Weren't you getting a refund and quit?

I made a macro to use /escape [5 minute] for getting back to town.  And you don't have to run all the way to a new town, just get inside the territory borderline and /escape.  Or die if delevelling isn't a problem--great for spoilers.  I will buy shots, healing potions and some soe for emergencies, but I only buy enough for one play session;  or I don't buy anything and just work green mobs.  I AM LOVING CLASSIC.  And from the fact that we now have 3 servers at HEAVY requiring a 4th server,  and the two modern games have been runniing LIGHT since classic started,  I hope NC West realizes how many people are enjoying the old style game.

52 minutes ago, IH8U said:

lowbies talking about back in the day while here they still in partisan and will quit the game before even doing 2nd class quest ayy lmao hilarious

dude, I got 16 posts you got two so just step down ok just step down

Guys can you please tell me : WHY YOU KEEP SAYING SH1T LIKE "THIS IS WHAT IT WAS BACK IN THE DAYS" BACK IN THE DAYS WHAT?!

You guys NEED to understand that THIS IS NOT A C1 not C4 patch. IT'S C L A S S I C.

This is a mixture of patches and actually a totally NEW thing. The "back in the day" experience IS NOT : you can't use SS like you did in C2 or running from spot to spot. I don't really know why you keep blabling sh1t like this but back in MY days, C4, i had SS on 24/7 and I was porting around. Oh, wait. Let me guess : L2 died with C4, did it? Srsly guys, you should learn what a "classic" server is.

Most of you never played on the classic server, in our case the only 'classic experience' was provided by the EU or the RU servers. In the RU server they had a 1.0 patch that was JUST LIKE OUR. Sad fact : all rates were increased and problems were fixxed with 1.5 patch. Guess what? We're playing into a 1.5 with 3.0 QoL improvements. What? I can't hear that? What was that? Oh right, this means our rates are not the 1.5. 

True is that KR rates are mostly like our. Just to give you an hint : Ketra's commander in KR version drops 3000-6000 adenas with 5x Hp...in EU version it says 7k-16k per mob. So this should make you understand that the game will turn totally like the KR version. The main difference is : we're not KOREANS. Both game-styles and mind-sets are different. You know, like the fact that chinese probably eats cats and dogs but WE DON'T (usually) so...this is just an example tho. 

And just to give you a sneak peak of what's ahead i'll post 2 screens. 
Buffs : https://i.gyazo.com/749311027646eae0898612fc402a92c6.png 
Skill bar : https://i.gyazo.com/3f5ee04f202496361a0e380969e98902.png (if you're wondering : yes, that's a red-flash. Means he wears a lv 5 ruby)
Oh, and even tho he spams skills no-stop with heavy penalty lv 1...his mana never drops. He's like full MPs 95% of the video.

17 hours ago, Donowanka said:

oh when i started l2 i didnt even know that teleport exists xD

because to lvl 39 teleport is free when you are 40 and 40+ GK take the pistol and say pay for that xD

walk

yeah good form to regenerate mp with pasive walk and it more fast xD

17 hours ago, Lawman said:

The comments here are correct. Back in the day I hated spending money so I ran everywhere. But somewhere in here the point of the game is getting lost. It is a GAME. The point of a game is to have fun. Is running from Gludio to Giran fun?  It wasn’t and isn’t for me. None of the comments above mentions fun. If you hardcore guys have fun running instead of teleporting, hunting without soul shots, etc. then more power to you. I wonder, though, if there are enough people who feel that way to keep a server going long term. Are you hardcore folks really opposed to anything that would make the game more fun for more people just because it would also make it easier?

teleports always have been payed... its luxury and its not fun to run. if you are poor you have to play the not fun side :P l2 at his best, this is one thing that have not been removed and I would like to have it from level 1....

it changes for example the market COMPLETELY if teleports are payed from level 1 and experienced players know why

and when you moved from TI to Gludin it was a huge accomplish... oh I remember those days...

Archived