Forums

Bye bye BOTs I'm done

Yadras

I said that this will happen and more and more people will follow this guy untill the server become only with bots and 0 real players. Is it so hard for the people that run the game to hire a hacker or programmer so they could place a real defensive system against 3rd program users so players could enjoy this game and probably ncsoft could only benefits from that because people would be actually willing to spend bucks on a server without bots. So far it is clear that XIGNCODE doesnt do much to stop them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Daemondas said:

No one know how to protect from bots, there isn't any protection. Today we don't have any mmo games where wont be bots. :D

depends. i've played aion eu and for a few years there haven't been any. but under ncwest it was always a bit of a problem with bots.

5 hours ago, Daemondas said:

No one know how to protect from bots, there isn't any protection. Today we don't have any mmo games where wont be bots. :D

Thats not True at all, Black desert online have zero bots, the solución is simple, they Just dont want it, cuz is 99% probably they get a slice from the gold sellers if u know what i mean....... 

if pk penalty was the same as in Skelth i would have pk every bot i see but i don't have time to roll another pk toon in every level i am with my main. 

bot report button is on a good way but not enough. 

captcha should appear from the first time and not after some reports. how a person can not see a captcha when grinding? 

if a person don't enter captcha game must be more punishing. not just debuff for 1 hour

Wow ... because it's that hard to have 1 employee log in as a GM even a few hours per day and double check for bots and adena spammers. Hell, it's the among the cheapest salary on the market to get a part-time guy for that and any student or arts major would be glad to do it instead of flipping burgers.

Problem is, bots generate more revenue than the actual players, imagine this: a user plays x months and quits because of various reasons (no money/time/didn't like the game/server etc.) while bots are eternal because they generate revenue to the company that owns them. Also, bots are good for people that have money and don't find the farming part of the game enjoyable.

As for the greyline assumption that they're getting share of the revenue ... not that far fetched but bots generate revenue anyway from the subscriptions they pay.

For every account that someone ragequits because of the bots there are more bot accounts springing.

So from a business perspective, if i were NCWest, i'd keep bots too. From a user's who doesn't like farming, same.

PS: "omg i gonna pk bots, i gonna pk u cuz u bleep me off but not now cuz i no have pk char and everyone else is carebear and no flag" 0/0 guys ... lol get rekt random nonfactor scrub, uninstall L2 and go back to Barbie simulator :)

5 hours ago, Arinulis said:

No there isn't a way to get rid of bots. They're like hydra's from mythos. You kill one head and three more replace it. 

@mixa was correct that the largest amounts of bot characters are run by companies, it is an organized business operation.

Which means we can get rid of them if we can kill their business plan. And for that there is an endless stream of options, starting from a simple 15-40USD/mo subscription (say VIP 0 at 15 USD, VIP 4 at 40 USD) and ending with 'on creation of each new account, we reserve 5 USD on your CC/PayPal/whatever, but if you don't get banned for botting in 28 days (28*24h) of in-combat time, this charge is cancelled' de-facto F2P model.

I mean, they have the self-similarity system AND they have the bleep lin2log + lin2report (effectively proves they could make a similar DB where players actions are stored in more detail, for the self-similarity neural network). Of course, nobody wants to allocate any time/manpower/storage space/computing time to the deadbeat L2, but that doesn't mean a significant reduction in visible botting activity is impossible to achieve.

Gaming is business..businesses have their peaks..Spent money on ads & launch the game. Cut team budget after launch and add simple Xighcode to stop bot..but NCsoft careless about your feelings ***of coz they wont say it , but have customer service to answer question nicely***... haters gonna hate , gamers gonna play..someone out of no where will buy NCoins like me for the launch package B|....If you still didnt notice... they using a game 14 years ago to earn your money $$

46 minutes ago, Churrin said:

Thats not True at all, Black desert online have zero bots, the solución is simple, they Just dont want it, cuz is 99% probably they get a slice from the gold sellers if u know what i mean....... 

I think adena selling is bad for business & not worth getting the slice from seller ...peak of business is the 1st few months of the game launch.. NCsoft earn their 1st millionssss $$ and let their tiny small team to manage it,, and thats it moving on to next project.. just like

• Lineage 2 : Revolution : 1st month generated $176 million
  • Pokemon Go : 1st month generated $200 million
  • Diablo 3 : 1st quarter generated $658 million 

Its all business..they all using the old game title to make money... just like new clothes designs or new shoes designs ....everyone wants it ... everyone buy it wear it once and never wear again...So buy your NCoins enjoy the game... and quit ...and enjoy life ..family ..someday... maybe there will be high drop rate official PVP server and earn their millions again with an old game.

1 minute ago, Fulkman said:

One small difference is that Diablo3 honestly earn his money and L2 is stealing them ;)

haha... well at least L2 still provide game service ... what real stealing is we pay but no game at all.. ** but i do agree D3 do better job 

16 minutes ago, kaho said:

haha... well at least L2 still provide game service ... what real stealing is we pay but no game at all.. ** but i do agree D3 do better job 

Maybe for you... for me they don't provide me anything... :(

Lineage II Classic is free-to-play with an optional in-game store that allows players to purchase in-game boosts, such as improved XP/SP efficiency, buffs, and cosmetic items. Lineage II Classic additionally has a Classic VIP Rewards Program, which rewards those who regularly make NCoin purchases from the L2 Store.

Only Free part of this game is Launcher ;)

9 hours ago, Yadras said:

It has been a very enjoyable time revisiting one of my most beloved MMO, but now I'm remembering why I first quit all those years ago and I'm sad to be leaving again but I'll be much happier doing so.

Seriously I was prepared to spend dome decent amount of cash on good ol NCsoft if things was at least semi-decent but that's never going to pass. The BOT crisis is now worst than ever, as the game ages and see little improvements the BOTs on the other hand advances with great complexities. It use to be simple, dumb and easy to exploit, but now it's got features I'd never imagine possible. Not to mention the state of F2P with unlimited accounts and how only some chaotic players drop items, there are even less ways to deal with them.

There's really nothing much real plays can do about this issue, heck I'd rather deal with jerks, pks, or griefers all day and that wouldn't be a problem for me because with these you can actually fight back. As for the BOTs, the worst you can do is just slow them down and maybe bleep them off for a few mins, other than in the end it's just your own loss with the wasted time and effort. Aside from taking up the hunting areas they also wreck the economy by artificially inflating prices just to give more reasons to sell their ill gotten adena. You can argue that bots supply and push the market forward but that also kills the L2 experience.

Maybe I can still enjoy the game if I try harder, maybe change my gameplay or ignore certain things but I can't help it when my annoyance level hits peak upon just seeing a random BOT party prancing about in the open. I recently ran on the path from Giran Harbor to Giran trying to find a spot to kill some lizards and on this run I spotted zero players however found 5 different parties of BOTs rocking an identical party setup and just doing their thing. After giving a long sigh I just move on, didn't want to deal with this s*** anymore and already sick and tired of killing bots.

It's quite bad right now and it's only going to get worst. I wana play video games for fun and enjoyment, not to be annoyed and stressed out (in a bad way). So farewell guys and hope you can still enjoy the game.

If you're on TI can I get your stuff?

10 hours ago, Daemondas said:

Bye bye, boting is the old problem for Lineage 2. No one can defend from them .:) It's just impossible. Just developers can't admit it.

why impossible? its very possible, just need to have active gms in game. Im willing to volunteer

A lot of bots? Thats far from the real classic. I remember when they had a 1 week event where everybody could open an account without buying the game and without paying. In the dark elven tpwn there were hundreds of bots all queuing at the same guard NPC to get killed to delevel. THAT were a lot of bots ^^

We are done with this title.  Classic alright classic bots, classic innocent banning's.  Day one I was like nothing has changed at all accept it was supposed to be hard core.  We are not even going to bother with the appeal process.  We just have issued charge backs.  We feel the lack of support and the lack of really policing the bots is pure fraud practices.  We have already canceled subscription. I don't wish NCSOFT America good luck.  Your business model need to go bankrupt.   I was wishful thinking that they would do much against bots but it is the same classic attitude.  Fool me once but not twice.  GOing back to EVE ONLINE.  Lineage2 classic enjoy your last breath of air. 

16 hours ago, tricky said:

We are done with this title.  Classic alright classic bots, classic innocent banning's.  Day one I was like nothing has changed at all accept it was supposed to be hard core.  We are not even going to bother with the appeal process.  We just have issued charge backs.  We feel the lack of support and the lack of really policing the bots is pure fraud practices.  We have already canceled subscription. I don't wish NCSOFT America good luck.  Your business model need to go bankrupt.   I was wishful thinking that they would do much against bots but it is the same classic attitude.  Fool me once but not twice.  GOing back to EVE ONLINE.  Lineage2 classic enjoy your last breath of air. 

EVE online LOLLLLL..... bye !!

14 hours ago, dorukasama said:

I play but don't complain. Is that hard guys?

Some people cant handle this game... this server is so easy ... its fun to see people complain & cry tho.. haha

48 minutes ago, kaho said:

EVE online LOLLLLL..... bye !!

EVE is x10 better that this L2.... but to hard for you.

48 minutes ago, kaho said:

Some people cant handle this game... this server is so easy ... its fun to see people complain & cry tho.. haha

Maybe with time you understand what this "crying" is about.
Meanwhile go back to your cheats and BOTs. You are SO good with your l2a ... without it you are ... ... nevermind.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:30 AM, Fulkman said:

EVE is x10 better that this L2.... but to hard for you.

Maybe with time you understand what this "crying" is about.
Meanwhile go back to your cheats and BOTs. You are SO good with your l2a ... without it you are ... ... nevermind.

go bot / cheat or whatever you do in your EVE online fantasy which you think its 10x better xD.. and dont come to L2 and talk sh-t about everyone who spent time and working hard grinding which we are having fun playing.

2 hours ago, kaho said:

go bot / cheat or whatever you do in your EVE online fantasy which you think its 10x better xD.. and dont come to L2 and talk sh-t about everyone who spent time and working hard grinding which we are having fun playing.

Nobody have problem with hard grinding... on the contrary.

Sorry... time has passed and you still don't understand anything :(

Advice:

1. locate bot or bots
  2. report
  3. ks his kills until they run out of mp
  4. farm while they recharge
    1. u can pull some mobs aggro and relog by them when recharging
  5. Profit.

Imagine you have 2 3 bots using his hp and ss seting up kills for u where u lvl thats insane!!!

It's not just a case of reporting them. The servers are infested with bots and they dont even try and hide it. The have sale shops in town, they mass PM you and even bot in clear day.

They are now in EVERY exp spot. Come on NCsoft it's time to do something about this. If 4game can keep a bot free server so can you.

Archived