PLS Ban idiots who use BUGS to put other players in ILLEGAL KARMA and steal ITEMS.

StrahdVonZarovich

ABOUT  IDIOTS, TERORIZING SERVERS, USING BUGS..

I thing, we all know what happens, there is the WHOLE TRUTH.

The whole truth have 4 aspects:

1st (BUG) - it is definitely a bug - Every char can get your target out of the town. Its not related with macro system nor with PVP  system. Every char can get your target, until you are NOT FLAGGED, even if you just stand and do nothing !!!! There was no (and still there is not) skills / commands for this.. So even a blind man can see this BUG..

2nd (BUG) - more related with your comments - If you start to hit some flagged char, and remove your hand from the keyboard, your char continue to hit, after the flag fall.. Without "Ctr:. without /attackforce, without macro.. I believe: EVERYONE WILL AGREE: Its not the behavior, we expect from our chars: to hit non-flagged players, without any command/action from us.

3rd (ppl, who use the combination of this 2 bugs to steal your itmes): Its simple and clear: every one can do this - to exploit and use this well known BUGs, but only idiots do this and GMs do nothing..

4th (and most unpleasant one) - GMs and NCSOFT protect this idiots, and prefer to stay blind to these obvious FACTS..

So.. if NCSOFT continue to stay "blind", PPL will continue to leave OFI in the future. The players now are 20 times less than before..

GL!

AND DON'T SENT LINKS TO LAST PATCH NOTES PLS!! THIS BUGs PERSIST LONG BEFORE THIS PATCH..

Lets talk about the "macro system".. Why You start this system if we cant use it safely?

To FEED THIS IDIOTS WITH OUR ITEMS?

Its a shame:

you need to

aplologise,

return items to the ppl

AND BAN THE ABUSERS!!!

OR ppl will simply stop  play..

GL..

your post looks like a desperate attempt to recover a dropped item you have lost, it might be an error the 2nd "BUG" but as you said, we all know about this behavior about the game and still some dumbass ppl keep hitting a flagged char even when he's blinking to white, so...

about the 1st one... c'mon dude, maybe i didnt understand what u mean by saying "Every char can get your target out of the town."  this isn't a bug, it's made like this because u have to be able to deliver ("trade") items to a "specific target" on the field, it would be much more anhoying to trade items only on a town... 

GL... GF:::

There are no bugs, this is a game feature.

Don't leave you're character unattended using a macro system that you don't understand. Some things in this game are harder than buying ncoins to gear up xD.

That's the player formerly known as Gabe, a man who firmly believes in astroturfing :D

As I told him on the old forum, making a demand again and again even though it has been explained repeatedly why you can't have it is a strategy that might work in kindergarten, but not in real life, for the simple reason that in real life there are objective reasons why you can't have what you want, and those reasons continue to exist, completely unimpressed by all shouting and screaming and stomping of feet. Neutron has clearly and in big bold letters stated that the mechanics behind the forced PK trick are not a bug and it would simply cost the company too much money to restore lost items or ban players who use that trick:

For those reluctant to click on links, let me quote Neutron here:

it is not a bug

As far as looped macros are concerned, they are perfectly safe for repetitive trade shouts in town, or even for automated Sonatas with a boxed Buffer. But if players insist on using them for afk hunting, they do that at their own risk; lost items will not be restored. You can read that as a system message in blue letters each time you log into the game.

As Conguero put it:
Using Hunting Macros While AFK (Don’t!)

Why are you so selfish? In the past one had to fight for a spot and now when you come somewhere all mobs are taken by some afkers and active people are getting less and less ways of getting rid of them and it's becoming more time consuming. It's not fair. You want to be untouchable when afk? Stay in town.

1 hour ago, Helv said:

Why are you so selfish? In the past one had to fight for a spot and now when you come somewhere all mobs are taken by some afkers and active people are getting less and less ways of getting rid of them and it's becoming more time consuming. It's not fair. You want to be untouchable when afk? Stay in town.

Yep, exactly. In Lineage 2, the moment you step out of town, you're not safe, it's an open world that has many possibilities and that's one of the reasons it lasted so long.

Not to mention that up to C4 you were able to drop items when you die to mobs.

10 hours ago, Helv said:

THIS! Can't believe we're even debating whether afk macroing should be protected.

10 hours ago, Dargor said:

THIS! Can't believe we're even debating whether afk macroing should be protected.

Seems NCsoft want to make a small change to auto target, if you PK anyone - auto target will be switched off while RED so you cant take more PK's and not drop items while afk!

All else should be the same 

• 1 year later...

No one is defending scammers here, but it's similar to other scenarios where people are warned, but decide to do stuff anyway, for example

GMs: "never trade your gear to people you don't know, you will not be able to get it back"

Player:1 "My clanmate wants to check their stats with my gear, I will trade him my stuff"

Player1 never gets his items back, cries on forums. If other players tell him he shouldn't have traded his gear to another player as it is not safe to do so, it does not mean they defend the scammer.

as said many times before and by many others the official stance of NC on this is that you're using macro's afk on your on risk period.

this so called bug is a non issue for non afk players

there are many more macro improvements coming from Korea in future updates BUT none of those are designed to facilitate AFK game play, only to make life easier for active players

Western player mentality is messed up to think just cause you can do something doesn't mean you should lolz..

and yes to all that cry "but I refuse to play this game without afk macro" stop right there and un install the game as it's not for you and as harsh as it may sound you will NOT be missed. NC only cares about $$$ and afk macro players do not spend enough in l2store to be worth the hassle - feel free to fix that perception by spending every Month more then the top active spenders, GL with that btw as those spend more then a few thousands per Month ;)

long story short: NC is a biz, makes it worth their while $$$ to facilitate afk game play - freeloaders are free to QQ but can and will be ignored :D

Guys, its simple. It has been stated multiple times by the GMs that macro use is not intended to be used while afk.

& players who choose to play afk, do so at their own risk.

If players want to play afk, then they take the chance of not having any gear.

Want to keep your gear ? then don't use the macros as an afk bot tool.

Macro system is totally safe if used as it was meant to be used. Not as a 24/7 afk bot tool.

while talking about stupidity of player one should ask how smart is developer if he puts afk option in game and then says - it is not intended for afk
If it would be intended for short periods of time devs would implement time on how much you can use it - they did not

so don't start about not intended for afk, it is purely made for afk so people did not complain about bots so much cos it is harder to spot them now

Young man, you are jumping to conclusions. NCsoft never said that looped macros are an afk option. On the contrary. If you scroll up a bit in this thread you will see that the administration has been saying since March 2018, i.e. since more than a year, that looped macros are not an afk option.

Please wrap your head around that fact that this is NCsoft's game. It is not what you want it to be but what NCsoft says it is. Neutron, Conguero and countless GMs said repeatedly that farming players for drops from involuntary Karma is OK. If this makes you unhappy, just go away and play something else.

watching game as it plays itself on loop macro is the same as watching wall dry after it is being painted, it requires special mind to enjoy that kind of activity
it will be fixed one way or another, sooner or later. Few years ago nobody would believe that loop macros would be implemented, but it did, now you are saying that pk system will not be remade to protect people from forced pk - but it will

40 minutes ago, Yidao said:

Actually it will be fixed next month. You may want to read up on the new Cursed Sword mechanics that will be implemented with the Fafurion update:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/9857-prelude-to-war/?tab=comments#comment-75807

As Juji used to say, you are already dead xD

i don't mind that much to come home from work and see that my party is dead, happened many times, no big deal, being scammed for items is a whole another thing!
ty for info, i was sure that fix will come sooner or later

6 hours ago, cmquake said:

Some people remain in past times of 10 years a go when game was about 20$ / monthly on subscription and without L2 store.

Game changed a lot from that time by introducing L2 store and changing business model from subscription to pay to win mode with average customer cost to play about several hundreds dollars each month.

In old days player could loose time and not more than subscription in case of item drop.

Now days an armor can cost 600 dollars, even 1000 and more so in case of dropped items we talk of significant amount of money lost.

In linked post is said a lot of bs which could be valid in old subscription based game but after changing in pay to win model combined with L2 store is just excuse to not working on a problem and to avoid any discussion on the issue.

I was Congueroed tree times for same issue under various excuses at that time (incendiary talk, trolling and accusations, discussing moderated posts and accusations) for telling that items do not drop by themselves but there was always group of players who caused it. Also telling that is horribly wrong that items don't get destroyed and instead finish in hands of bad people. Those people are present because there is big incentive to do it.

In real life there are laws which cover situations when group of people organize with intention to take items or money with force (robbery)

Also first rule of  Lineage 2 Rules of Conduct do not mention  that players have free attempts before considering that rule is violated.

In real life would be like that weapon store shop selling weapons with one free kill bonus.

As for item to drop organized group of players, boxes, pets etc  need to do it  five times (five times to "not" defraud, "not" harass, "not" threaten, or "not" cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.) is obvious that first rule is violated.

I never heard that someone was banned for that but I hope it was.

Anyhow seem that Korean dev team decided that item drop on pk is wrong and that game is loosing players so they made change for Fafurion update.

Year and half and they stepped on my side lol, who knows how much whines where in Korea to force them in that decision.

I hope we get that version too where players will not have incentive in item drop or other financial gains for bad behavior.

Don't worry. When it's no longer 24/7 but 0.5/7 even the thickest brick will realize that it's more cost-efficient to buy NCoins than paying for the electricity a computer consumes while displaying dead corpses 10 hours per day xD

About the Rules of Conduct you are right. Since as of May deliberate and organised harassment will be politically wanted and built into the system, they should remove the first rule from said Rules. But I guess they need to put that up in order to get the Teen rating and be able to skim off children's pocket money. It will be tacitly understood that the first rule is just there for legal reasons and doesn't really apply. Like with the rule that Europeans are not permitted to participate in contest-like events like "Paint a Lineage 2 Pumpkin for Halloween", which isn't actually applied either.

SleepingPower, Yidao

You are right at all, but You are going too far from the point.

Bugs obviously present.

These bugs have nothing to do with the macro system.

They work in the exact same way if You play ACTIVE as well.

Devs need to fix them.

GMs supposed to support the public services, which NCSOFT provide and chasing / ban all the ppl, who use bugs. That's all..

Archived